Wii availability? - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 610 Old 01-16-2007, 08:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The stores also like to tell customers when they can definitely come in and get one, even if it might mean getting there in the middle of the night. My two Targets haven't had anything since between Xmas and New Years, so I'd say they are certainly holding them until 1/21.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 610 Old 01-16-2007, 08:25 AM

For those still looking who haven't heard about it yet, search this forum for "Webmon". If you follow the info you find in those posts, you should have a Wii in a few days if you want one.
post #93 of 610 Old 01-16-2007, 11:05 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Check your local retailers this Sunday.

Employees at EBgames stores are informing customers those who want a wii to come to the store on Sunday. Apparently, they already have them but held until Sunday....may be Nintendo's request.
post #94 of 610 Old 01-16-2007, 01:31 PM

I doubt Nintendo has anything to do with the store's holding them. They hold them because they put them as a featured item in their circular for the week. If they advertise they have them in their Sunday paper circular, they have to have at least some in the store or the ad can be considered an illegal "bait and switch". For some reason, the big stores seem to think they drive better traffic into their stores by advertising a Sunday sale and generating demand to be there first thing, instead of just putting them out as they get them.
post #95 of 610 Old 01-16-2007, 02:19 PM

YES! I just decided to walk through Zellers today when I was at the mall for a lunch break, and in the electronics dept....... lay 2 Wii's! I then saw 3 people standing outside the case... and was considering picking a fight with one of the lanky 40 year old hardcore gamers.

But turns out 2 of the people were together and they were just looking for the last controller. So I scored the very last WII! Apparently they got in 12 Wii's at 12 pm..... I showed up at around 12:40. I think since all EB games stores are saying no they never have any..... no one thinks about Zellers.

So i grabbed a copy of zelda and snatched a component cable for $40 from ebgames. I'm Happy, and can't wait to break it open later. Hopefully I can snag a controller on the way home.

Btw- this was in Canada (Alberta).
Good Luck to you guys finding your Wii's haha
post #96 of 610 Old 01-17-2007, 10:38 AM
Advanced Member

Sorry if the following is old news, but--as some (many?) of you who are (still) looking for a Wii may know, CC will have a limited supply of Wiis this Sunday 1/21. If you're lucky enough to score one at CC this Sunday, you might want to take advantage of the $40 off $199 coupon that's available on CC's website. I dunno if I'm allowed to post a link to the coupon--if so, then I'll go ahead and provide the link for those of you who are interested. The $40 off printable coupon is legit (i.e., you can print the coupon off the website and can use it in-store w/o being told that it can't be accepted because you printed it or something like that), is good until 3/31/07, and does not explicitly exclude video game/video game consoles.

Tony
post #97 of 610 Old 01-17-2007, 01:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaffendorf View Post

YES! I just decided to walk through Zellers today when I was at the mall for a lunch break, and in the electronics dept....... lay 2 Wii's! I then saw 3 people standing outside the case... and was considering picking a fight with one of the lanky 40 year old hardcore gamers.

But turns out 2 of the people were together and they were just looking for the last controller. So I scored the very last WII! Apparently they got in 12 Wii's at 12 pm..... I showed up at around 12:40. I think since all EB games stores are saying no they never have any..... no one thinks about Zellers.

So i grabbed a copy of zelda and snatched a component cable for $40 from ebgames. I'm Happy, and can't wait to break it open later. Hopefully I can snag a controller on the way home.

Btw- this was in Canada (Alberta).
Good Luck to you guys finding your Wii's haha

Well done. Zellers is where I finally found a Wii pre-order only 2 weeks before launch. No overnight waiting and all that. Gotta love it.
post #98 of 610 Old 01-17-2007, 01:56 PM

I've confirmed with more than one Game Stop in the OC, CA area that they will be getting some Wiis this Sunday, the 21st. So far at the BB and CC that I've checked, both are playing dumb, saying they have no idea about their next shipment.
post #99 of 610 Old 01-17-2007, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toneman View Post

Sorry if the following is old news, but--as some (many?) of you who are (still) looking for a Wii may know, CC will have a limited supply of Wiis this Sunday 1/21. If you're lucky enough to score one at CC this Sunday, you might want to take advantage of the $40 off $199 coupon that's available on CC's website. I dunno if I'm allowed to post a link to the coupon--if so, then I'll go ahead and provide the link for those of you who are interested. The $40 off printable coupon is legit (i.e., you can print the coupon off the website and can use it in-store w/o being told that it can't be accepted because you printed it or something like that), is good until 3/31/07, and does not explicitly exclude video game/video game consoles.

Tony, can you msg me the link?

Thanks,

eeebee
post #100 of 610 Old 01-18-2007, 08:05 AM

Rumors have it Best Buy, Circuit City and Target are holding until Sunday. Good luck to anyone that hasn't gotten one yet.
post #101 of 610 Old 01-18-2007, 08:30 AM
Advanced Member

itrackr started showing a few Targets in my area as having them in stock.
So, I called one of the Targets and I was explicitly told they are holding them for their Sunday ad. So, I would say it's more fact than rumor - at least for Target.

I was also told they would be giving out numbers on a first come first served basis, etc.

Mitch
post #102 of 610 Old 01-18-2007, 08:43 AM
Advanced Member

It is a fact. At least for EBGames stores. They even went into details like:

"We didn't know until this morning when the corporate headquarter emailed us"
and "We will get at least 12 wiis and we are told, in the email, to hold them until Sunday".
and also they said there is a "discretion" in the email that "Any employee who caught selling the wiis (for this shipment) to customers before Sunday will get his/her employment terminated"

I checked this with a couple Ebgames stores in Mass on Monday.
post #103 of 610 Old 01-18-2007, 10:02 AM

My girlfriend has been going to EBGames and other places try to get me a Wii and has been told that they are holding them for ads, so she called the Nintendo US headquarters. They told her that any retailer intentionally holding supplies of the Wii from consumers would be immediately blacklisted and not shipped any more units. Nintendo told her to specifically get the name of the manager and the store and call them and they would investigate. I'm tired of these jackhole retailers.
post #104 of 610 Old 01-18-2007, 01:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Eh. I'm going to hit a couple of stores Sunday before work, methinks (around ~10:00ish), and if they don't have them then, I'm not going to go too crazy looking. This is a huge shipping, even if they are hoarding, so after this one, I don't think Wiis will be so incredibly impossible to find.
post #105 of 610 Old 01-18-2007, 06:04 PM

Add me to the list of happy iTrackr customers. Got the note that a Target largely on my way to work was updated overnight with stock, so I popped in a few minutes after opening at 8am. Had to wait for the employee meeting taking place in the middle of aisle to conclude (why do these places makes employees hoop and holler with fake enthusiasm? That seems cruel) but could see maybe 6 sitting in the case. When the lady came by, told her I needed a Wii from the case, without blinking she replied "We dont have any Wiis."

"Sure you do. Right there."

Not sure if it was a matter of her being unaware, or related to that "hold till saturday" thing that someone goofed up on. Anyway, one Wii sitting here in a box in front of me.
post #106 of 610 Old 01-20-2007, 08:53 AM
jcg
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Can you PM me the CC link for the $40 coupon. I went to the CC website and searched on "$40 coupon" and also browsed around, but I can't find it.

jcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by toneman View Post

post #107 of 610 Old 01-20-2007, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcg View Post

Can you PM me the CC link for the $40 coupon. I went to the CC website and searched on "$40 coupon" and also browsed around, but I can't find it.

jcg

Coupon now dead on their site. Still might work in store if you find a copy, but it's no longer on the website.
post #108 of 610 Old 01-20-2007, 12:18 PM

http://www.**************/t/18/694591/

Look in the second post for a pdf link. Looks like it still links to CC website so you better hurry before they remove it.

XBL Gamertag: shagino
PSN Gamertag: shagino
post #109 of 610 Old 01-20-2007, 01:19 PM
jcg
AVS Special Member

got the .pdf, thanks.

jcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagino View Post

http://www.**************/t/18/694591/

Look in the second post for a pdf link. Looks like it still links to CC website so you better hurry before they remove it.

post #110 of 610 Old 01-20-2007, 01:21 PM
jcg
AVS Special Member

Oh and by the way what was the allconnect coupon from in case they ask. Was this tied to some Verizon deal?

jcg
post #111 of 610 Old 01-20-2007, 06:31 PM

Liked: 14
One of my local Target stores (Lacey, WA) said they will have 32 Wiis when they open Sunday morning. Looks like some good availability for Wii hunters tomorrow, good luck!
post #112 of 610 Old 01-20-2007, 09:58 PM

Okay, Ive been told by a guy at best buy it would be very very beneficial for me to stop back first thing in the morning (1/21).

Meijer has also advertized that they will have Wii's available at 6am, 2000 of them across the entire chain.
post #113 of 610 Old 01-21-2007, 05:20 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So none of the Sunday ads seem to be touting Wiis on the front page (good for us). But get this: Best Buy's ad says there is a minimum of 20 Wiis per store. I don't think we're going to see any problem finding a Wii today if every single store has a good 15-20. No problem.
post #114 of 610 Old 01-21-2007, 07:20 AM

I got the last one at a Meijer's in Dayton this morning! They had the very last one in the back, so I had to ask for it. Not 2 minutes after I asked for it, 2 guys came in asking for one. They were out of remotes, though. The salesperson said that there were people lined up at 4 AM.
post #115 of 610 Old 01-21-2007, 07:52 AM

New Orleans was a no go every store was camped out like it was christmas all over again...

All I ever heard while I was in line was people talking about how much there going to sell there Wii's for on Ebay,ugh. I thought that market had dried up already,meh.

I wish people that acutely wanted to buy the system to play it could get one where I live without standing in a 24 hour line,O well gues ill wait till Feb. to get one
post #116 of 610 Old 01-21-2007, 08:02 AM

In Austin, none to be had at two Targets that I tried. The line in front of Best Buy was pretty long two hours before opening and Best Buy only had a 20 unit gurantee.

Maybe next week.
post #117 of 610 Old 01-21-2007, 08:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Was at our Target store 9AM in Shelby Twp, MI and unexpectedly had eleven and simply heard the clerk tell someone and they sold all 11 within ten minutes - it was like flies flocking to you know what! Most of us were older adults grabbing them so it shows the age range is broad on this thing.

They didn't have the wireless controller yet though but I can wait for that or get it on line. Gonna play some tennis and baseball today and get some physical activity while I wait for biking weather to return - something my 360 cannot do. Have FUN! It was also interesting the PS3 display was full of consoles going unsold.

Samsung 65F8000, 60D8000, 40HU6350, Panasonic 50E60 LCD's
post #118 of 610 Old 01-21-2007, 09:17 AM

Went to two Gamestops this afternoon. Neither had them in, claimed the UPS delivery was behind. maybe tomorrow
post #119 of 610 Old 01-21-2007, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 61
I ordered the holiday bundle from walmart on Friday. They've had them on and off for the past few days, but it looks like they changed the bundle to "gamers choice" where you have to buy 7 games with it now. It appears to be online again today. I found it thanks to outtastock

Has anyone else ordered from walmart, and how long did it take to get your wii?
post #120 of 610 Old 01-21-2007, 10:27 AM

Picked one up at Target today for a buddy.

They had 35 and sold out in a half hour.

I curiously went by the local CC and BBs and CC got 8 (all sold) and BB got 36 (all sold with many disappointed people leaving empty handed). I never thought with so many that they would sell out like it was launch again. This is getting crazy...
Reply Nintendo

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page