Nintendo news: Sonic playable in Brawl, Monster Hunter 3 goes to Wii. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 10-10-2007, 12:50 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Here's some of the more interesting info I got from IGN:

14:30: Monster Hunter 3 will be released for the Wii!

This is quite big because the game was originally announced for the PS3. It's also one of Japan's biggest series, with the past two PSP games having both sold over a million units.

14:24: Smash Bros. has been delayed in Japan until January 24, 2008.

Nintendo shows a new trailer. Sonic is going to be a playable character! The trailer shows him transforming into Super Sonic.

The game will include online fights. In addition, it will have online cooperative play of some form.

14:22: Mario Kart Wii will include a steering wheel controller. The game will also include motorcycles! A release is set for Spring 2008.

Axe-wielding Megalomaniac
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2007, 07:16 AM

I'm not surprised that Sonic is in Brawl, but I am surprised that the news was revealed before the release of "Mario and Sonic at the Olympics". I wonder if Nintendo decided that the news was going to be leaked soon so they decided to release it themselves? SSBB has far more hype than the Olympics game, so knowing that you can wait a month and play SSBB instead of the Olympics game is really going to steal a lot of Olympics' thunder.

I wonder if Mario and Sonic at the Olympics will turn into one of those titles that doesn't sell too well, but is so novel that it maintains a large demand (and high price) even after going out of print.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:02 AM
Advanced Member

I love delays..
Old 10-10-2007, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 62
The Brawl delay isn't confirmed for NA yet, but things certainly seem to be swinging that way...Sonic was finally revealed as a way of cushioning the blow, then they quietly changed the release date on the NA SSB site to "TBD."

Yeah, delays suck, a LOT in this case; but ultimately, I'd rather have a perfected game I can keep playing for years, just like the previous SSBs. They probably figure they can make Mario Galaxy their big X-Mas seller, anyhow.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 741
this is the one time i am happy it is delayed... with me buying halo 3, orange box, mario galaxy, rock band, GH3, mass effect, battlefield, burnout.... and among other games, i hope they delay it to feb.!!!!!
Old 10-12-2007, 07:58 AM

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

this is the one time i am happy it is delayed... with me buying halo 3, orange box, mario galaxy, rock band, GH3, mass effect, battlefield, burnout.... and among other games, i hope they delay it to feb.!!!!!

Well you should be happy now, it has been delayed until Feb 10th.

http://www.thewiire.com/news/1009/1/..._February_2008

Consider the unparalleled advantage, of a natural disaster that's impossible to manage.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisOneKidMongo View Post

Yeah, delays suck, a LOT in this case; but ultimately, I'd rather have a perfected game I can keep playing for years, just like the previous SSBs. They probably figure they can make Mario Galaxy their big X-Mas seller, anyhow.

True.. it's just that I only buy a select few Wii games, and my purchases are pretty far between. I guess metroid can hold me over until Mario Galaxy, then MG until SSB
Old 10-12-2007, 01:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by temeone View Post

True.. it's just that I only buy a select few Wii games, and my purchases are pretty far between. I guess metroid can hold me over until Mario Galaxy, then MG until SSB

Yeah, I have pretty much the same buying habits. The two-month delay for Brawl, much as I appreciate the necessity, is going to HURT, though. It's my favorite game series. Then again, at least in my view there's a lot of good Wii stuff coming between now and Brawl...Guitar Hero III, Mario Galaxy, Call of Duty (which I had no interest in until I heard the controls may beat Metroid's), No More Heroes...I am cautiously optimistic about Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles and Nights, as well. Being a lifelong Nintendo supporter, I'm not used to that many purchase-worthy games coming in the period of just a few months!
Old 10-15-2007, 06:18 PM
Advanced Member

Here's the Brawl gameplay video showing sonic. I can't wait! I was addicted to SSB on N64 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad-SnIBzkR8