Psyclone Essentials Rechargeable Wii Wireless Sensor Bar - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 13 Old 12-11-2007, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I found this wireless sensor bar at Target. It has re-chargeable batteries in it, and can be re-charged via USB. Has anyone tried this one? Does it work? I had hoped I could just leave it plugged in so it would be charging all the time, but it says not to charge it longer than 10 hours. That sucks. I suppose it doesn't have the circuitry to quit charging the batteries when they are full. What if I forget and let it charge more than 10 hours?

Here is the link:

http://www.psyclonegamer.com/product...ntials&id=1222

Thanks,
Guy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 12-12-2007, 07:44 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Wait if you are going to leave it plugged in all the time to USB, why not just use the sensor bar that come with the Wii then?
post #3 of 13 Old 12-15-2007, 04:52 AM

Liked: 11
Not sure about the other sensor bars, But this one is Very Thick it is almost like a Sensor bar on top of row of 6 AA batteries(L Shaped). They only show you the top of it so you think it is normal size but when you open it you will see. I did not even try to see if it worked.

I just looked up the Nyko wireless bar and it is thick also but looks way better then this.
post #4 of 13 Old 12-15-2007, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighting Guy View Post

Wait if you are going to leave it plugged in all the time to USB, why not just use the sensor bar that come with the Wii then?

Because I have a front projection setup where the Wii will be in a closet at the back of the theater, and of course I need a sensor bar at the front of the theater, which is around 30 feet away.

Since I posted this, I also ordered the Nextronics Wireless Sensor bar from http://www.videogamebundle.com/index.html that comes with an AC adapter, as that is exactly what I had been looking for. I'll probably keep them both so I have a backup, but hopefully the Nextronics will work well for me. We are giving our kids the Wii for Christmas, so I want to make sure I have a workable sensor bar solution so when they open it on Christmas it will work in our theater.

Guy
post #5 of 13 Old 01-16-2008, 10:27 AM
msh

I did purchase one of these and it did work well. It charges from any USB port; if I was to guess I would say that a charge lasted 10 hours or so. The unit shuts off automatically after 1 or 2 hours, and starts beeping about five minutes before that happens.

The batteries are not removable or replaceable.
post #6 of 13 Old 01-19-2008, 08:52 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I am concerned that it says you can only charge this for 10 hours, so I decided to return this one. I've been very happy with the Nextronics one I mentioned in the post above.

Guy
post #7 of 13 Old 10-07-2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msh View Post

I did purchase one of these and it did work well. It charges from any USB port; if I was to guess I would say that a charge lasted 10 hours or so. The unit shuts off automatically after 1 or 2 hours, and starts beeping about five minutes before that happens.

The batteries are not removable or replaceable.

it says in the instruction manual to only replace with rechargeable batteries, so i assume u can change them. for $15 i'll keep it, i haven't tried it yet, but whatever its only $15 i'll try it for now
post #8 of 13 Old 10-07-2009, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I recently bought the Nyko wireless bar mainly due to travelling w/ our Wii - did not want to deal with fishing out the sensor bar wire.

Mine looks a lot like the ones mentioned here. Runs on 4 AAs - which like basically everything battery operated that I own, gets Eneloop rechargables dumped in it. Has the 1 or 2 hr beep timer option. Battery life w/ NiMH regargables is pretty good. I'll turn it off whenever a non-IR pointing game is on (mainly during RB/GH marathons or any Gamecube play). Works fine. Seems a bit less "shaky" then the stock bar when playing all the way back on the couch.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

post #9 of 13 Old 10-12-2009, 10:00 PM

How do you get this thing to work? I just bought it and have charged it for 10 hours. I unplug it from the USB cable, but how do I get my remotes to work with it??? The manual isn't very clear, and their customer support has bankers hours when I'm at work and not around my Wii. Can anyone help me with syncing everything up?
post #10 of 13 Old 10-13-2009, 05:52 AM

There really shouldn't be any "syncing" per se. Position the wireless sensor bar in the center above or below your display as you would the traditional corded sensor bar. The sensor bar doesn't communicate with the Wii at all. It is an IR-flashlight which provides a point of reference for the pointer function of the Wiimote.

TWW resident bullet sponge
PSN: ThreeWulfMoon
post #11 of 13 Old 10-18-2009, 06:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Wes View Post

There really shouldn't be any "syncing" per se. Position the wireless sensor bar in the center above or below your display as you would the traditional corded sensor bar. The sensor bar doesn't communicate with the Wii at all. It is an IR-flashlight which provides a point of reference for the pointer function of the Wiimote.

...and push the little button on the top so the blue light comes on. The blue light should be facing forward.

When finished, push the button down for about five seconds until the light goes off.

What I can afford, when I can afford it...
post #12 of 13 Old 02-17-2013, 01:44 PM

I've been hunting all over for a rechargeable wireless Wii sensor bar without any luck. I didn't find it on the webpage you recommended (Psyclone). Is it no longer available?
post #13 of 13 Old 02-17-2013, 01:50 PM

I've been hunting all over for a rechargeable wireless Wii sensor bar without any luck. I didn't find it on the webpage you recommended (Psyclone). Is it no longer available?
Reply Nintendo