Wireless gaming keyboard - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 04-30-2008, 09:36 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Does anyone have any experience with the following keyboard?
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...OTC-GOOGLEBASE

I currently have a wireless IR keyboard that I use, but I have moved my home theater to its new home and the IR just does not have enough range. I am a gamer so I need a keyboard with no lag. I have had no lag issues with my current logitech keyboard (about 5 years old) while gaming ~12 feet away but I now need to go about 15 feet and around a corner.

I have a G7 wireless mouse which is amazing and am trying to find a wireless keyboard to match (in performance). Anyone have any recommendations under the $100 mark?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 05-02-2008, 02:13 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Wireless + gaming? Nothing but wired for this gamer.
post #3 of 11 Old 05-02-2008, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

yes, I was the same way ... wired wired wired ... but I never had any problems with lag or any such thing with the wireless keyboard or mouse ... I play plenty of online FPSs like HL2 or SOF2 and my handle would still find its way to the top of the rankings ...wired is not an option so I am looking for a wireless keyboard ... I wish I could find a keyboard that was identical to the G7 (in wireless functionality) ... the distance and response is basically perfect
post #4 of 11 Old 05-06-2008, 06:45 PM

I use a BTC keyboard for gaming. Works great and has impressive range.

Also, there was a good thread on AVS about wireless keyboards.

smithmal
post #5 of 11 Old 05-08-2008, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks smithmal ... I ended up just using some usb extension cables I had laying around ... Now I have about 12 feet of cable for the sensor which I was able to locate in a closet ... the sensor is now in the middle of my desk location and home theater seating

pretty cool keyboard
post #6 of 11 Old 05-21-2008, 03:18 PM

I use the Logitech PS3 keyboard. Its just connects via standard bluetooth USB receiver so you can use it on a PC with no driver. It has a touchpad built in for mouse use and a great range. I use it at 13 ft with no significant issues. My usb port is located in the back of the pc, so I'd expect further range with a front mounted port.
post #7 of 11 Old 06-17-2008, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithmal View Post

I use a BTC keyboard for gaming. Works great and has impressive range.

Also, there was a good thread on AVS about wireless keyboards.

smithmal

You would not happen to be on a WIRELESS home network would you? My concern is having the wireless network somehow interfere with my wireless keyboard. I also need that keyboard to reach atleast 10 feet to where we sit.
post #8 of 11 Old 06-17-2008, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 187
The biggest issue isn't lag, but dropouts, honestly. I have a dinovo Edge which loses its signal for about 15-30 seconds multiple times a day, so I'd never use it for gaming. Instead I just have a separate wired mouse and Z-board Fang gamepad that I use for gaming.

http://www.ideazon.com/us/products/fanggamepad.asp

The main reason that I got that is that another full keyboard would be a waste. I don't think it makes things any better or worse in games compared to a regular one, it just takes up less space. It is a little weird getting used to where some of the buttons are though.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #9 of 11 Old 06-17-2008, 12:21 PM

I've been reading and found that switching the default channel in the wireless router can help. I've been looking for an option as well thats wireless and have been to that other 15 page thread :-)
post #10 of 11 Old 06-17-2008, 04:15 PM
AVS Special Member

I recently decided to replace my old diNovo Media Desktop keyboard due to an increasingly finicky space bar. I never had any connection or lag issues with it, and considered just getting another. However, while checking out various options I stumbled across the fact that the Apple Wireless Keyboard works in Windows. It obviously feels different, but it operates flawlessly and feels sturdier than my diNovo ever did despite being around half the size.
post #11 of 11 Old 01-17-2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

The biggest issue isn't lag, but dropouts, honestly. I have a dinovo Edge which loses its signal for about 15-30 seconds multiple times a day, so I'd never use it for gaming. Instead I just have a separate wired mouse and Z-board Fang gamepad that I use for gaming.

I had a similar problem with the xbox 360 controller wireless receiver for windows, and found out it was because my usb port was underpowered, so I had to get a powered usb hub for it to work. It's possible that if your receiver is usb, that this is the cause of your dropouts.
Reply HTPC Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page