Max Payne 3 - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 39 Old 06-13-2012, 05:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 57
I had a blast playing through single-player, and I will definitely revisit it down the road. It is worth continually occupying the 30GB of my hard drive space.

I'm still amazed by the quality of the textures. This game demonstrates that ultra high-resolution textures aided by tessellation can be highly beneficial to the visual aspect of gaming.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 Old 06-13-2012, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmith83 View Post

I had a blast playing through single-player, and I will definitely revisit it down the road. It is worth continually occupying the 30GB of my hard drive space.
I'm still amazed by the quality of the textures. This game demonstrates that ultra high-resolution textures aided by tessellation can be highly beneficial to the visual aspect of gaming.

I agree 100%. This is one of the few games I actually played through withing a day or 2. Most I'll loose interest but MP3 kept me in there with it's great story and sweet gunplay!

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

post #33 of 39 Old 06-13-2012, 07:55 PM
Bass Enabler

Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post

I agree 100%. This is one of the few games I actually played through withing a day or 2. Most I'll loose interest but MP3 kept me in there with it's great story and sweet gunplay!

Hell yeah. I love the gunplay in this. If I could get an open-world ability to drive world like GTA4 with MP3's gunplay....omg.

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

post #34 of 39 Old 06-22-2013, 05:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 154
I know this is an old game at this point, but I just got around to starting it. However, it's obnoxiously pausing every so often on its own. Did anyone have this problem and manage to fix it? The Steam forums have a bunch of people with a similar issue, but none of the suggested things there have actually worked for me.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #35 of 39 Old 06-23-2013, 01:13 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 93
I had a similar issue with Bioshock Infinite and Alice Returns. In both cases it was a texture streaming issue with Unreal Engine that was fixed by forcing an INI setting to use more of my 2GB of video ram than the 140MB that it wanted to use by default.

Doesn't solve your problem, but might point you in the right direction. smile.gif
post #36 of 39 Old 06-23-2013, 01:18 AM

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/max-payne-3-tweak-guide#11

Check out the -availablevidmem setting. Tell it something like half your physical video memory and see what happens.

Also knock your shadow and texture quality settings down one notch. You may be bumping up against your max video ram, which Rockstar games are not very elegant about dealing with.
post #37 of 39 Old 06-23-2013, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Yeah, I gave some of that a try and it unfortunately didn't help. I suspect I should've been more clear anyway, in that what's happening is it's bringing me to the pause menu, not stuttering in-game.

Still, it was worth a try anyway, thanks.

post #38 of 39 Old 06-23-2013, 01:13 PM

Ah! I was imagining a stuttering issue, not a pause button issue. smile.gif

Are you on keyboard or 360 gamepad? If on keyboard, I would remap some controls, specifically the (esc?) key that brings you to the pause menu. Cheaper keyboard designs trip up on more than three buttons held down in particular areas, and this may be freaking Max Payne out.

If you're on a gamepad, then I have no idea what to tell you. Maybe try swapping the button mapping for Back and Start? Then you might randomly kick in to whatever the back button does instead.
post #39 of 39 Old 06-23-2013, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah, I'm using the 360 gamepad, and I even have gone as far to disconnect any other input devices.

There's people on Steam and Rockstar's forums saying it's a problem with a background service, but I tried stopping the suggested ones. It was also suggested that maybe it's a .Net Framework 4.0 issue, but too many other programs depend on that for me to be able to uninstall it.

Oh well, it looks like I'm just going to be stuck with the pausing if I can tolerate it.

Reply HTPC Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page