#1 ·
 New from CES

Key Specs

Screen Size: 27 inches

Native Resolution: 2,560x1,440

Aspect Ratio: 16-to-9

Contrast Ratio: 1,000-to-1

Brightness: 350 cd/m2

Response Time: 6 milliseconds (gray to gray)

DVI Connector: Two

D-Sub/VGA Connector: One

HDMI Connector: One

DisplayPort Connector: One

USB Ports: Four

$1,049 (direct)

If only this display supported 120Hz 3D...Very tempted. If they drop the price during a sale by a few hundred dollars I might pick this one up anyways.

See less See more
#2 ·
At 27 inches I just don't see the benefit of that high a resolution. 1080p it's perfectly fine in my opinion. Throwing good money down the tubes, that's just my opinion.

#4 ·
It does seem way overpriced for the specs (resolution aside). 1000:1 and 6ms GTG are very outdated specs, especially for something that has a $1K msrp. I agree that the price should be much lower, say around $600 or so (maybe they will street that low?). Also I think the IPS panel is wasted for use as a gaming monitor where a faster response time would be more critical and usually gamers sit dead center in front of their screen anyway

Jason

#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi /forum/post/17868976

New from CES

Key Specs

Screen Size: 27 inches

Aspect Ratio: 16-to-9

Contrast Ratio: 1,000-to-1

Brightness: 350 cd/m2

Response Time: 6 milliseconds (gray to gray)

DVI Connector: Two

D-Sub/VGA Connector: One

HDMI Connector: One

DisplayPort Connector: One

USB Ports: Four

$1,049 (direct)

If only this display supported 120Hz 3D...Very tempted. If they drop the price during a sale by a few hundred dollars I might pick this one up anyways.

As a Design Engineer, that uses Pro/Engineer & Solidworks 8+ hours a day, this monitor gives me major wood. Higher resolution and a larger space means more workspace potential.

As a gamer, though, I'm not as enthused given the price tag. I'd stick my money into a bigger HDTV or a monitor with a 1920 x 1080 resolution at a much lower price point. If you have the graphics hardware to push a game, with all details maxxed out, at 2,560x1,440 then you easily have the hardware to push the same game at max detail at 1920x1080 with some anti aliasing thereby nullifying all the additional pixels.

Just my opinion...

#6 ·
"1080p it's perfectly fine in my opinion"

Simply put, your opinion is wrong.

As to the original monitor? Looks great for business use, and I know my programmers at work would love the thing. I would like to see a cheaper, faster, consumer version myself though. Give me the 27" version of my Dell S2409W for $400 and I'd be very interested.

#7 ·
HAHA poor Dave another person doesn't get super res monitor and here comes dave to defend. Despite the fact the dudes right that res at 27 inches, give me a break.

#8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtv00 /forum/post/17877506

HAHA poor Dave another person doesn't get super res monitor and here comes dave to defend. Despite the fact the dudes right that res at 27 inches, give me a break.

Man give it a rest already
. We get it, you don't like hi rez monitors. Solution...don't read this thread or post. Its that simple.

#9 ·
And we get you two are in love with them. Don't like it don't reply giving no insight into the thread just crying...don't read this thread or post. It's that simple...oh wait.

#10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtv00 /forum/post/17877552

And we get you two are in love with them. Don't like it don't reply giving no insight into the thread just crying...don't read this thread or post. It's that simple...oh wait.

You already posted your insight on the 30" monitor thread and we get it. 1080p is the best thing since slice bread. Your post here has no insight at all, but just seems to be a knock on a fellow AVS member.

#12 ·
And I love how babies have to use an ignore list over something so silly.

Oh so mines a knock on a fellow member and your's was what insightful, is that it Tinker lol. Give me a break.

#13 ·
I'm digging the IPS screen but it's uh... kind of on the expensive side.

Obviously this is going to be a preference but fitting in 2560 x 1440 on a 16:9 27" sounds kind of tight and don't be surprised if text/detail looks a little cramped - look at a 20" 1080p monitor as a good comparison on how everything will look in terms of pixel density. The extra resolution and the extra space is nice... but if you have to blow everything up for text, and your UI in games is annoyingly small and you have to keep your monitor closer than you'd like, then why even spend more?

#14 ·
Hi folks I have question I would like to get a monitor to play Xbox 360, PS3 and watch some Blu Ray. Since they max out at 1080P will this monitor re size the image to fit the screen? I am quite familiar with HDTV's up converting to image to fit the screen but am not quite sure if it applies to Monitors as well.

#15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisahmed /forum/post/17975580

Hi folks I have question I would like to get a monitor to play Xbox 360, PS3 and watch some Blu Ray. Since they max out at 1080P will this monitor re size the image to fit the screen? I am quite familiar with HDTV's up converting to image to fit the screen but am not quite sure if it applies to Monitors as well.

Being this is a 16:9 aspect ratio monitor like any other HDTV, it should obviously be able to display any 16:9 input 1:1 over HDMI.

#17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisahmed /forum/post/17977812

Thanks Davefi I understand it will display the 1080P image but will I get bars as the resolution of this monitor is higher?

It has an HDMI port, it is 16:9, as I said before, it is pretty safe to assume you can plug in any consumer electronics device like a blu-ray player, hdtv tuner, etc, etc, and are good to go- without it it would be fairly pointless.

It should be out in a few months, you'll know then.

#20 ·
Check out this link comparing screen sizes between the 16X9 U2711 and the 16X10 U2411.

U2711 = 23.54" x 13.22"

U2411 = 20.35" x 12.72"

There's only a 0.5 inch difference in height between them. That's a deal killer for me. Sure it's ~3 inches wider but vertical height is important to me as well. For Eyefinity it looks like it'll be better getting 3 x U2411's if you're going landscape. Yes, 3 x U2711's will still be wider but not enough to justify the price difference imho. This is different though if you're going to use it in portrait mode, the it'll make sense to go with 3 x U2711's.

#23 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi /forum/post/17975754

Being this is a 16:9 aspect ratio monitor like any other HDTV, it should obviously be able to display any 16:9 input 1:1 over HDMI.

I have to respectfully disagree on saying 1:1.

Feed it a signal: 1,920x1,080

There's going to be pixel interpolation (or is that pixel interpretation) to match 1920 up to 2560. Something like every 3 pixels will match and then the 4th will be shown double - or whatever magic algorythm is used to do this. (would this be a 3:4 method?)

It's the same idea as feeding a 480p DVD player to a 1080p HDTV - the display is doing an upconvert on the signal.

Feeding a 1280x720 signal would give you 1:2, which I would consider as a perfect match. Do they make a 3840x2160 monitor yet?

#25 ·
Sounds like a very nice display but better suited for a workplace monitor than a gaming monitor and it's still kind of spendy IMO. At a more reasonable price I might consider a purchase as an upgrade from my 24" LG.

Jason

#26 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp /forum/post/18393669

Sounds like a very nice display but better suited for a workplace monitor than a gaming monitor and it's still kind of spendy IMO. At a more reasonable price I might consider a purchase as an upgrade from my 24" LG.

Jason

It seems to be very good gaming/movie display regardless of the specs. Very popular and the folks over on HardOCP really love it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.