The Steam Thread - Page 107 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 413Likes

post #3181 of 3186 Old 08-15-2016, 05:25 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Liked: 387
I think I'm in the camp that won't get a lot out of this game. I was never very interested in the first place. It has cool ideas and tech, and I think it should not have been a $60 game. I thought it was supposed be a $15-30 game to start, then when awards started gushing out and pre-orders started it was $60.

It's probably worth $15.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3182 of 3186 Old 08-15-2016, 07:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 372
I love exploration games. Especially interactive ones like this one is purported to be. But the awful reviews, glitches and crashes have me spooked. I'll wait for an inevitable $4.99-$8.99 Steam sale (likely soon now) to give it a peek.
post #3183 of 3186 Old 08-17-2016, 01:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 500 Post(s)
Liked: 469
Alright, I am going to throw in my .02 on No Man's Sky. I have been eagerly awaiting this game for PC since it heard it was coming out. I love a good space game and from what I saw of this one it seemed to have something about it that I think would draw me in. So far in the last two days I have put in 18 hours of time and even called in one day of work (was actually not feeling well, but it was a great excuse to play the game more as well!) Needless to say I am pretty happy with the game overall, but there are some issues with the game as well. One of the problems I hate is the inventory management. I feel they missed a few things with how we have to craft items for some parts, but yet we are not able to stack those items into one slot to take up less room in either our exosuit inventory or ship inventory. The controls for flying need some work, they feel loose at times when flying around on the planet and I often leave the atmosphere to easily. (I am using mouse and keyboard, not sure if a controller would be better). For me I am also having some texture issues and some framerate issues with my 290X with the game running at 2560x1080 with option set to high on everything and textures on Ultra. For the most part the FPS stays up there around 50-60FPS, but it drops now and then. Lastly the storyline is vague and the game doesn't hold your hand much (at least I didn't think so). I like this approach since it lets me use my imagination to make up my own little story as I am out exploring. I do like there are a few ways to play the game (Trader, Miner, Pirate, explorer) and for the most part I have been doing the mining/explorer which works pretty well where I do not feel like I am always farming for credits since I am also working on my Language skills (Really bummed we do not learn swear words!) for the different alien species. Overall I'd give this game a 7.5 out of 10. I don't feel it is as bad as others are saying, but I also wasn't following it to closely other then when it was supposed to come out so not sure if I'm mad something is not in there that was suppose to be there from talk before the games release.

My tip for starting out. Upgrade your Multi-tool for mining quicker and farm the **** out of those Emeril deposits for some quick coin

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #3184 of 3186 Old 08-21-2016, 02:25 PM

Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Just picked both of these up for 3.50, they look like fun. I also remember playing the arcade version several decades ago

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 08-21-16 at 02.23 PM.PNG
Views:	26
Size:	349.9 KB
ID:	1615777  

#1 Calibration Disk / Best Support: Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk
#1 Calibration Software / Best Support: LightSpace CMS - Calibration Comparison
post #3185 of 3186 Old 08-23-2016, 12:52 PM

Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Hey, check out the great deal at only a $1 each these were terrific games

#1 Calibration Disk / Best Support: Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk
#1 Calibration Software / Best Support: LightSpace CMS - Calibration Comparison
post #3186 of 3186 Old Today, 01:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 500 Post(s)
Liked: 469
Stardock titles are on sale this weekend.
Ashes of the Singularity is 66% off and is around $13 which is a great price. Excellent game to do some benchmarking with DX 12
http://store.steampowered.com/app/228880/

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HTPC Gaming