Liked: 3722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiday121 View Post
Ok thanks
360 wired or wireless?
I use wireless w/ dongle.
blastermaster likes this.

-
"My advice: don't spend money on therapy. Spend it in a record store." – Wim Wenders
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3302 of 3320 Old 01-21-2017, 10:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 501 Post(s)
Liked: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
I use wireless w/ dongle.
Soooo much better than wired, but I remember having to do a bit of messing around in windows 10 to get it to recognize the controller. Google is friendly, though.
post #3303 of 3320 Old 02-17-2017, 07:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I have just recently made a re-entry in to the world of video games. Steam and GOG.com play a big part of that. I just can't buy into the console business model.

I've got 6 games in my Steam inventory and I've spent less than $20.

Picked up Deus EX GOTY and Tomb Raider 1 for $1.94 and Tomb Raider Anniversary for $2.49 this morning on Steam.

Down the rabbit hole I go.

post #3304 of 3320 Old 02-17-2017, 01:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrb View Post
I have just recently made a re-entry in to the world of video games. Steam and GOG.com play a big part of that. I just can't buy into the console business model.

Picked up Deus EX GOTY and Tomb Raider 1 for $1.94 and Tomb Raider Anniversary for $2.49 this morning on Steam.

Made the switch to PC (full time) in the past 6 months. Before that I was using PC for iRacing and Xbox for all other games (save a few here and there on PC). In that 6 month period of time the only new game I bought for Xbox was BF1 although I ended up buying it for PC and haven't played it on XBone since November. This month I let Xbox Live expire. I have purchased sever AAA games over the past few months and never paid full price for any of them.

Left the 1070 blue for now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20161229_142500.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	179.3 KB
ID:	1976473   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170216_070308.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	152.6 KB
ID:	1976481  

XBOX: Budracin88
Steam ID: Budracin88
Origin ID: Budracin88
DESTINY 2 (PC)!!! - AKA Blizzard: Budracin88#1797
Uplay ID: Budracin8808
YouTube Channel
post #3305 of 3320 Old 02-17-2017, 03:09 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budracin8 View Post
Made the switch to PC (full time) in the past 6 months. Before that I was using PC for iRacing and Xbox for all other games (save a few here and there on PC). In that 6 month period of time the only new game I bought for Xbox was BF1 although I ended up buying it for PC and haven't played it on XBone since November. This month I let Xbox Live expire. I have purchased sever AAA games over the past few months and never paid full price for any of them.

Left the 1070 blue for now.
Nice build, I always like checking out what other builder's come up with!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
post #3306 of 3320 Old 02-17-2017, 05:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcchiefsfan View Post
Nice build, I always like checking out what other builder's come up with!

Thanks. I originally started out setting it up for iRacing and it kinda of took off from there. I didn't need a very powerful card for racing (750 Ti) but what worked for racing wasn't enough for AAA titles so I upgraded to the 1070. I went with red LED from CableMod but may swap that out for an RGB strip so I can change up the colors.

Funny thing is I haven't raced in awhile since I've been busy with other titles. Racing is the source of my proudest gaming accomplishment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iRacing Class B Open Championship 12.10.14-page-001.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	251.4 KB
ID:	1976913  

YouTube Channel
post #3307 of 3320 Old 02-17-2017, 06:17 PM
Yrd
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 659 Post(s)
Liked: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrb View Post

Watch for humble bundles. Lots of cheap games in their packs. They have a huge thing right now with games and ebooks. Lots of good indie games in there.

www.humblebundle.com
rbrb and Arutha_conDoin like this.
post #3308 of 3320 Old 02-17-2017, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Thanks. I originally started out setting it up for iRacing and it kinda of took off from there. I didn't need a very powerful card for racing (750 Ti) but what worked for racing wasn't enough for AAA titles so I upgraded to the 1070. I went with red LED from CableMod but may swap that out for an RGB strip so I can change up the colors.

Funny thing is I haven't raced in awhile since I've been busy with other titles. Racing is the source of my proudest gaming accomplishment.
That's awesome, I've never heard of that before so I just spent the last couple hour's checking it out and am very impressed! I grew up around dirt track racing watching my uncle race imca modifieds in Iowa and later started racing our own street stock and modified street until the early 90's when a few of us started having kids which was the end of our racing day's do to the huge financial responsibilities of raising a family overcame the need for speed of being weekend warrior's at the race track! Just couldn't afford to rebuild car's after bad race's destroyed them and coming up with a couple grand to rebuild engine's every year and not to mention the expense of aviation fuel which back then was cheap at $5.50 a gallon. Anyway iracing looks like an awesome replacement not to mention a helluva lot cheaper.

post #3309 of 3320 Old 02-18-2017, 05:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
That's awesome, I've never heard of that before so I just spent the last couple hour's checking it out and am very impressed! I grew up around dirt track racing watching my uncle race imca modifieds in Iowa and later started racing our own street stock and modified street until the early 90's when a few of us started having kids which was the end of our racing day's do to the huge financial responsibilities of raising a family overcame the need for speed of being weekend warrior's at the race track! Just couldn't afford to rebuild car's after bad race's destroyed them and coming up with a couple grand to rebuild engine's every year and not to mention the expense of aviation fuel which back then was cheap at $5.50 a gallon. Anyway iracing looks like an awesome replacement not to mention a helluva lot cheaper.

Never had the chance to do any real racing (aside from some go karts) but have been a race fan since the 80's. iRacing is certainly fun and can be challenging since you are racing humans and not AI. Tons of iRacing videos out there. iRacing is certainly cheaper than real racing but if you check out some Youtube racing setups you will notice that the cost can get high depending on what type of cockpit you want to create.

Regarding PC game prices. I'd also check out cdkeys.com .
jcchiefsfan likes this.

YouTube Channel

Last edited by Budracin8; 02-18-2017 at 05:32 AM.
post #3310 of 3320 Old 02-18-2017, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Never had the chance to do any real racing (aside from some go karts) but have been a race fan since the 80's. iRacing is certainly fun and can be challenging since you are racing humans and not AI. Tons of iRacing videos out there. iRacing is certainly cheaper than real racing but if you check out some Youtube racing setups you will notice that the cost can get high depending on what type of cockpit you want to create.

Regarding PC game prices. I'd also check out cdkeys.com .
I have seen some pretty sweet racing setups but I obviously didn't know what they were really being used for until now which makes a lot of sense to me now. I just figured they had to much money on their hands and had to blow it on something. Lol. Thanks for the heads up and I'll be checking them both out now!

Budracin8 likes this.
post #3311 of 3320 Old 02-18-2017, 07:33 AM

Oh I was also going to tell you that if you ever get the chance to do the Nascar challenge or school to jump on it! It is a little pricey but if you're a fan then it is well worth the price! I don't know about all of them but the one in Kansas City is awesome and you get to really push the car as much as you can handle which for me at that track was 162 mph and it was freaking awesome!

Budracin8 likes this.
post #3312 of 3320 Old 02-18-2017, 07:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I have seen some pretty sweet racing setups but I obviously didn't know what they were really being used for until now which makes a lot of sense to me now. I just figured they had to much money on their hands and had to blow it on something. Lol. Thanks for the heads up and I'll be checking them both out now!

A couple of YouTube guys I follow. The first one does a bunch of racing from iRacing both road and ovals. The second guy strictly runs the iRacing NASCAR Series (full length races). The second guy is a bit dry but his videos can give you an idea of the competition you will face once you rank your license up past the Rookie class.

I also threw in one of my videos but the aspect ratio is off since I recorded 3 monitors resulting in letterboxed aspect ration.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TacticalCardboard/videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNg...ZAKcgihWr_YLDg

YouTube Channel

Last edited by Budracin8; 02-18-2017 at 07:48 AM.
post #3313 of 3320 Old 02-18-2017, 08:51 AM

Quote:
A couple of YouTube guys I follow. The first one does a bunch of racing from iRacing both road and ovals. The second guy strictly runs the iRacing NASCAR Series (full length races). The second guy is a bit dry but his videos can give you an idea of the competition you will face once you rank your license up past the Rookie class.

I also threw in one of my videos but the aspect ratio is off since I recorded 3 monitors resulting in letterboxed aspect ration.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TacticalCardboard/videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNg...ZAKcgihWr_YLDg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2avtKm8LbY
Thanks brother! That is freaking awesome and I have to say that you just got me hooked! What controller are you using?

post #3314 of 3320 Old 02-18-2017, 12:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Thanks brother! That is freaking awesome and I have to say that you just got me hooked! What controller are you using?

Not anything too special for the wheel. It's the Logitech Driving Force GT http://support.logitech.com/en_us/pr...iving-force-gt

Won't go anywhere near the Fanatec wheel base/wheel/pedal sets out there since the wheel base alone is $400 (would still need the wheel itself and the pedals). https://www.fanatec.com/us-en/

Will probably upgrade at some point to the https://smile.amazon.com/Logitech-Dr...f_rd_i=desktop

YouTube Channel
post #3315 of 3320 Old 02-24-2017, 07:44 AM
Yrd
AVS Forum Special Member

Any of you guys ever had a game not show up in your library, even though it is a part of your library?

I had a game disappear from my list. I can get to it from other areas of steam, but I'm wondering why it's not showing up in any of the library categories. It's not in the hidden list either.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #3316 of 3320 Old 02-25-2017, 05:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post
Any of you guys ever had a game not show up in your library, even though it is a part of your library?

I had a game disappear from my list. I can get to it from other areas of steam, but I'm wondering why it's not showing up in any of the library categories. It's not in the hidden list either.
I've only had that happen with the free or free-to-play games after an uninstall. They would disappear from my library list completely and I had to go to the store page to reinstall it. If the game you're talking about is free, then I think that's just a normal thing, if it's not a free one, then I honestly have no idea.

Marafice Eye <--- All gamertags listed there - Twitch TV Channel YouTube Channel
__________________________________________________ _
post #3317 of 3320 Old 02-26-2017, 09:42 PM
Yrd
AVS Forum Special Member

It was. Well I hope it stays out, really. Path of Exile. I just remember having updates show up constantly. I wanted to make sure it wasn't auto updating.
post #3318 of 3320 Old 02-27-2017, 12:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 628 Post(s)
Liked: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post
It was. Well I hope it stays out, really. Path of Exile. I just remember having updates show up constantly. I wanted to make sure it wasn't auto updating.
I think I had that disappear on my once or twice.

EDIT: In Fact it is not in my library at all right now and I know it was installed!

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #3319 of 3320 Old 09-13-2017, 10:20 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Anyone using the Steam Link app on their Samsung TV in Canada? It says its available for Samsung TV's and I've seen videos of it in use, but I can't find it on my tv here in Canada. Yes I've searched for the app, but nothing shows up.

tv: Samsung UN75MU800, Receiver: Denon AVR 730H, speakers: 4x M&K S-1B and M&K S85c for center, sub: MKsound V12 HTPC, Samsung UBP-K8500, Rogers Digital PVR, Chromecast Ultra
post #3320 of 3320 Old 09-14-2017, 08:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Liked: 362
Strangely, that post doesn't seem to have moved this thread to the top of the topic list on my end, I only noticed it because it's in "last post" for the subforum on the parent page.

Edit: Weird, my post bumped it to the top, but the previous poster's did not.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HTPC Gaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page