Forum Jump: 
 78Likes

post #1081 of 2309 Old 12-26-2012, 01:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 741
I'm having fun with Binary Domain but I thought Vanquish was GOTY material so who am I?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Steam: Guts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1082 of 2309 Old 12-26-2012, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 148
I have a hardline limit of $4.99 or less, and the only stuff I'm interested in at that price, I already own. Waiting for Crysis 2.
post #1083 of 2309 Old 12-26-2012, 05:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Hotline Miami?

post #1084 of 2309 Old 12-26-2012, 05:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

Hotline Miami?
Not to everyone's taste, but it's an experience unlike any other. Worth it for the price.

Also, Vanquish was GOTY material. Binary Domain, you say?

PSN & XBL ID: drop me a private message
post #1085 of 2309 Old 12-26-2012, 07:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by confidenceman View Post

Not to everyone's taste, but it's an experience unlike any other. Worth it for the price.
Also, Vanquish was GOTY material. Binary Domain, you say?
Yeah, it's a bit GOW and Vanquish. Not as fast paced but I'm having fun and missing the shooting when the story is playing out. Cool bosses too.

post #1086 of 2309 Old 12-26-2012, 07:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yeah, it's a bit GOW and Vanquish. Not as fast paced but I'm having fun and missing the shooting when the story is playing out. Cool bosses too.
Awesome. Added to my wishlist.

post #1087 of 2309 Old 12-26-2012, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 93
Just finished Spec Ops. Jesus, great story telling with serious impact. This game is important, and not enough people have played it.

You go buy now! The game got a bum rap off a crap demo, but is a fantastic experience. I can not say enough good things about this title.
post #1088 of 2309 Old 12-26-2012, 09:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklordjames View Post

Just finished Spec Ops. Jesus, great story telling with serious impact. This game is important, and not enough people have played it.
You go buy now! The game got a bum rap off a crap demo, but is a fantastic experience. I can not say enough good things about this title.
People aren't going to play it. They need their hands held and their thoughts spelled out. At any rate the game is every bit as good as Gears of War.

post #1089 of 2309 Old 12-26-2012, 10:18 PM

Liked: 21
Quote:

Hotline Miami?

Quote:

Hotline MIami is really good! Like confidenceman says, it's not for everyone. But, it's strangely addicting and the soundtrack is awesome!
post #1090 of 2309 Old 12-26-2012, 11:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Into the 3rd chapter of Binary Domain. Definitely Gears/Vanquish. Not as fast as Vanquish but that Metal Gear quirky factor is there.

post #1091 of 2309 Old 12-27-2012, 05:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Quote:

I got but haven't tried it yet. Now really looking forward to it.

Also picked up Arkam City GOTY, Deadlight, Mark of the Ninja, and Sine Mora, all at a price too good to pass. Now I can wait on a sale for Far Cry 3.

I think I'm done. smile.gif

Console gamers curious/interested in PC gaming?
post #1092 of 2309 Old 12-30-2012, 05:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Completed Binary Domain. If you liked Vanquish you will like this. Drilling through layers of armor on a robot leg to take the leg out and having the robot come crawling at you like a terminator never got old. Headshotting a robot would cause them to shoot their own kind. Fun stuff.

post #1093 of 2309 Old 12-30-2012, 06:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Completed Binary Domain. If you liked Vanquish you will like this. Drilling through layers of armor on a robot leg to take the leg out and having the robot come crawling at you like a terminator never got old. Headshotting a robot would cause them to shoot their own kind. Fun stuff.
Awesome. I look forward to it. I picked up like ten Steam games in the past few days, so it might be a while...

post #1094 of 2309 Old 12-30-2012, 06:40 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 35
Quote:

Good to hear. I got the game for $4.37 at Green Man Gaming the other day. Need to download it so I can play it.
I guess I am in the minority on Spec Ops. I thought it was good, but not as great as some here are saying. Definitely worth the $10 I paid for it, though. Can't believe there isn't a co-op mode.
post #1095 of 2309 Old 12-30-2012, 06:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwing View Post

Good to hear. I got the game for $4.37 at Green Man Gaming the other day. Need to download it so I can play it.
I guess I am in the minority on Spec Ops. I thought it was good, but not as great as some here are saying. Definitely worth the $10 I paid for it, though. Can't believe there isn't a co-op mode.
Spec Ops from a narrative perspective is light years beyond most shooters these days. That was the big draw for me once I had completed it. Then again you won't see me in line for any COD game that is basically a multiplayer game. Spec Ops is a single player game and that's OK by me. If I want to be called racist words I'll go to the grocery store. Different strokes and all.

post #1096 of 2309 Old 12-30-2012, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter

Am I the only one that has a giant, blinking, co-op option on the main menu of Spec Ops?
post #1097 of 2309 Old 12-30-2012, 08:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Am I the only one that has a giant, blinking, co-op option on the main menu of Spec Ops?

It's there.

post #1098 of 2309 Old 12-30-2012, 10:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Quote:

It's there.

My mistake, I shoulda been more clear. I wish there was a campaign co-op mode, similar to the Vegas, Gears of War, Serious Sam, LFD, etc., games were.

From what I've read, Binary Domain is similar. The co-op is not the actual campaign of the single player game. The co-op modes for Spec Ops and Binary Domain did not get very good reviews from Co-Optimus. But I'm sure I'll enjoy playing through Binary Domain alone in single player mode. And who knows, maybe they will add co-op campaigns via a DLC? Didn't the current Spec Ops co-op content get added a few months after release?
post #1099 of 2309 Old 01-01-2013, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter

Torchlight II is $10 today! You buy now!
post #1100 of 2309 Old 01-01-2013, 03:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Meh

post #1101 of 2309 Old 01-01-2013, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/torchlight-ii

The entire world has pretty much come together and said that "meh" is the incorrect answer.
post #1102 of 2309 Old 01-01-2013, 05:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Stupid question, but does it have any gamepad support? Not the right way to play it, I know. wink.gif

post #1103 of 2309 Old 01-01-2013, 05:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 196
The game pad issue is the only thing that continues to keep me from buying this game. As much as I loved the first release, this genre feels best to me with a pad because of the instant response when quickly moving in different directions. I don't think I want to play these any more without pad support.

There may be hope for us. I just found this thread discussing a TL2 game pad mod that seems to have gotten a great response form the community. I'll decide before the sale ends tomorrow if I will buy the game, and if so it is because I'll use my DualShock 3 with this mod.

~~~

On another note, I've been playing Faster Than Light (FTL) since I bought it on sale and it lives up to all the praise I've been reading. This Star Trek like release plays almost like an arcade strategy game in that you keep to make it farther and farther into the mission before you die, and then you have to start all over from scratch. It even tracks your high score like the arcade machines of old did. The cool thing is you learn a lot from each loss that makes you want to try again and do better.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #1104 of 2309 Old 01-01-2013, 06:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Max Payne 3 currently going for $15. Great price for the best AAA game of 2012. I'm almost tempted to buy it a second time (since I already own it on 360). wink.gif

I'm slowly picking away at the dozen or so games I've already bought during this year's sale. Making my way through Botanicula. So good. I'm actually enjoying it more the studio's prior game Machinarium. Not tough, but very clever design and excellent sound work.

post #1105 of 2309 Old 01-02-2013, 06:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The entire world has pretty much come together and said that "meh" is the incorrect answer.
If the world jumped off a cliff would you follow? smile.gif

post #1106 of 2309 Old 01-02-2013, 09:18 AM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Liked: 813
Are there hot chicks at the bottom? tongue.gif

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

- direct pod link

- main website

post #1107 of 2309 Old 01-02-2013, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

Are there hot chicks at the bottom? tongue.gif
They probably pop in as you fall under certain drivers.

post #1108 of 2309 Old 01-02-2013, 12:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Yes Darth, your opinion is in correct, as darklordjames pointed out, lol. Prolly would jump off a cliff too, if there was a consensus to do so on metacritic.com. biggrin.gif

Sucks that Steam's Mass Effect Collection doesn't include Mass Effect 3.
post #1109 of 2309 Old 01-02-2013, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Max Payne 3 currently going for $15. Great price for the best AAA game of 2012..

Damn you confidenceman.... DAMN YOU! *adding Max Payne 3 to cart. tongue.gif

post #1110 of 2309 Old 01-02-2013, 08:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

Damn you confidenceman.... DAMN YOU! *adding Max Payne 3 to cart. tongue.gif
Blame Gabe, not me. wink.gif

Reply HTPC Gaming