AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Liked: 1392
The Steam Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelbelly View Post
Man-o-chevitz is that statement true already! I think that is why I blew my budget to smithereens. I only want to play on PC now. I fought the urge up to the last minute to duplicate Skyrim. Since I've never even played the Xbox 360 version my son gave as a Christmas present a few years ago. The $13.99 PC Legendary version almost had me. But I'll wait until the holidays to grab that one and Metalgear Revengeance...if the price moves me. But it's not just the Xbox 360 BD. My passion for any console wanes daily. Regardless of the huge Halo lineup planned over the next 18 months. In fact, unless MS releases The Master Chief Collection for at least Windows 8 PC. I'm really not going to buy it. Since I already own those titles for Xbox 360. Sigh...decisions, decisions.

I hear you man. My consoles are all on notice. I haven't used them to play a game in months, don't know if I ever will. The only thing keeping the ps4 in my house is knowing that cod multiplayer is basically a non starter on PC. Aside from a few exceptions like that there's really nothing the console platforms are doing to justify their existence. They're a bad deal for gamers now, and they're doing more harm than good to the industry. The world doesn't need them anymore, but it's going to take a while for everyone to realize it.

I'm not a halo fan though, but I guarantee the halo collection will come out on PC. I'm absolutely certain. Unlikely this year, but prob by the end of next year.
barrelbelly likes this.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2162 of 2308 Old 06-30-2014, 08:08 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by trab37 View Post
I had a pretty decent haul for $75, but missed the last day of the sale. I would have purchsed Wolfenstein for sure At least I picked up some potentially fun titles to waste time on at QuakeCon and may pick up a few more if they run a QuakeCon sale again this year, though I probably own most of what will be on sale.
The steam phone app helped me catch a couple deals I knew I was going to miss.
Arutha_conDoin likes this.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #2163 of 2308 Old 06-30-2014, 08:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Like everyone else, I only planned on getting a couple things, maybe.

My haul this sale:
Wolfenstein: The New Order
LEGO Movie
Rayman Legends
World of Goo
SteamWorld Dig
Awesomenauts
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag + all DLC
Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass
Pinball FX2: Star Wars Heroes Within pack & another table, forget which
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II

Now to find the time to play....

Console gamers curious/interested in PC gaming?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #2164 of 2308 Old 07-01-2014, 12:11 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Got a few gifts for friends between the Steam sale and GOG's Summer sale. For myself, it ended up being fairly tame:

Garry's Mod – 2.49 USD
Transistor + Soundtrack – 26.98 USD

Total: $29.47

Steam: TeflonSoul
post #2165 of 2308 Old 07-01-2014, 04:35 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post
The steam phone app helped me catch a couple deals I knew I was going to miss.
My PC is auto-login, so I tend to forget my password. Plus I get zero cell reception in my office and they block gaming sites at work. Always trying to ruin my fun...
post #2166 of 2308 Old 07-01-2014, 05:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
My PC is auto-login, so I tend to forget my password. Plus I get zero cell reception in my office and they block gaming sites at work. Always trying to ruin my fun...
With it being an app would they be able to block it? The app is set for auto-login as well so once you set it your good to go there. I use the app at work, but our internet policy is pretty loose since we can surf the net while on breaks. No gaming sites are not blocked to my knowledge which is good.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #2167 of 2308 Old 07-01-2014, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post
With it being an app would they be able to block it? The app is set for auto-login as well so once you set it your good to go there. I use the app at work, but our internet policy is pretty loose since we can surf the net while on breaks. No gaming sites are not blocked to my knowledge which is good.
If I connected to the guest wifi it would probably be fine. I have the app on my phone, I just can never remember my password. They do actually block phone apps here, even on guest wifi, they also block app updates. You would think I work for the government with their access policies, but its just a massive pharmaceutical company.
post #2168 of 2308 Old 07-01-2014, 07:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
If I connected to the guest wifi it would probably be fine. I have the app on my phone, I just can never remember my password. They do actually block phone apps here, even on guest wifi, they also block app updates. You would think I work for the government with their access policies, but its just a massive pharmaceutical company.
That totally would blow. You need to have some unproductive time at work to get the creative juices flowing

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #2169 of 2308 Old 07-01-2014, 07:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 739
Quote:
As a govt worker it's funny when people say this stuff.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Steam: Guts
post #2170 of 2308 Old 07-01-2014, 08:30 AM

Quote:
That totally would blow. You need to have some unproductive time at work to get the creative juices flowing
Thank god they haven't blocked this site

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
As a govt worker it's funny when people say this stuff.
I guess "government" was a little to broad, not all government agencies are locked down. I was more referring to defense contractor type security levels; my brother used to work in a building with no windows and still can't tell me what they were working on, he wasn't a huge fan of the job. Now he just sends stuff to Mars and is quite happy about it.
post #2171 of 2308 Old 07-01-2014, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thank god they haven't blocked this site

I guess "government" was a little to broad, not all government agencies are locked down. I was more referring to defense contractor type security levels; my brother used to work in a building with no windows and still can't tell me what they were working on, he wasn't a huge fan of the job. Now he just sends stuff to Mars and is quite happy about it.
In my time as a govt worker most subterfuge occurs over lunch and learns and 100 dollar handshakes.

post #2172 of 2308 Old 07-01-2014, 09:49 AM

Quote:
In my time as a govt worker most subterfuge occurs over lunch and learns and 100 dollar handshakes.
Those are some expensive handshakes.
post #2173 of 2308 Old 07-02-2014, 06:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Ok, throwing in a hardware in here. I got a $75 Visa Gift Card from work (prize) and decided to upgrage my Logitech G500 mouse. The kids will get that for their laptop and I'm going to go with the ROCCAT TYON mouse. I was wondering if anyone has used the ROCCAT mouses? I like the TYON with all the buttons and switch it has on it. It should hopefully be out soon.

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #2174 of 2308 Old 07-02-2014, 06:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Quote:
Ok, throwing in a hardware in here. I got a $75 Visa Gift Card from work (prize) and decided to upgrage my Logitech G500 mouse. The kids will get that for their laptop and I'm going to go with the ROCCAT TYON mouse. I was wondering if anyone has used the ROCCAT mouses? I like the TYON with all the buttons and switch it has on it. It should hopefully be out soon.
I hear good things about Roccat's gear, but for me personally, I'll stick with my Logitech G600. All the buttons I need and they aren't awkwardly placed (that's just how the Tyon seems to me.) $75-80 will get you any of the good gaming mice that are out there so you have plenty to choose from.

<--- All gamertags listed there -

__________________________________________________ _
Plan9Reloaded Co-host
Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast

- direct pod link

- main website
post #2175 of 2308 Old 07-02-2014, 07:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marafice Eye View Post
I hear good things about Roccat's gear, but for me personally, I'll stick with my Logitech G600. All the buttons I need and they aren't awkwardly placed (that's just how the Tyon seems to me.) $75-80 will get you any of the good gaming mice that are out there so you have plenty to choose from.
I just can't get behind wired mice anymore. Wireless mice are pretty lag free nowadays. The roccat stuff looks really nice though.

This is the best thing you'll ever get for a mouse though:

http://www.amazon.com/CS-Hyde-PTFE-M.../dp/B003DZ16X4

Makes it super slick, lasts forever.
Scott Simonian and DaverJ like this.

post #2176 of 2308 Old 07-02-2014, 09:54 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

First thing that goes on my mouse is always the feet falling off. I always though you needed to just replace the feet or buy a new mouse. I'm not one that needs any fancy mouse. As long as there are about 4 buttons, I'm fine.

When I was playing WoW, I tried to use a wireless mouse, but the fact that I needed to hold down a button almost indefinitely wasted the battery too fast, so I stick to wired. I don't play games like that anymore, but I don't feel hindered by the wire. Lag was never an issue.

What is the intended purpose for that tape? The reviewers seem to be taping over the mouse feet. The description says PTFE on PTFE contact, so I'm assuming you are to make a surface of tape for your mouse to lay?

Either way, I think I'm going to order some of those discs by the same company for my mouse. Maybe the tape for general use. I'm sure that will come in handy for something, when I think of it. I saw one review said he used it on his drawer rails.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #2177 of 2308 Old 07-03-2014, 06:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post
First thing that goes on my mouse is always the feet falling off. I always though you needed to just replace the feet or buy a new mouse. I'm not one that needs any fancy mouse. As long as there are about 4 buttons, I'm fine.

When I was playing WoW, I tried to use a wireless mouse, but the fact that I needed to hold down a button almost indefinitely wasted the battery too fast, so I stick to wired. I don't play games like that anymore, but I don't feel hindered by the wire. Lag was never an issue.

What is the intended purpose for that tape? The reviewers seem to be taping over the mouse feet. The description says PTFE on PTFE contact, so I'm assuming you are to make a surface of tape for your mouse to lay?

Either way, I think I'm going to order some of those discs by the same company for my mouse. Maybe the tape for general use. I'm sure that will come in handy for something, when I think of it. I saw one review said he used it on his drawer rails.

Yeah, you just cut off some of the tape and paste it over the mouse feet. Makes it feel like there's very little friction when moving it on a surface like a plastic/hard mouse pad.

Lol, I can only imagine what it would be like if the mouse pad was made of that stuff too. Just breath gently on it and the mouse flies across the room.

post #2178 of 2308 Old 07-03-2014, 10:07 AM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 478 Post(s)
Liked: 812
Wireless trackball.

Nuff said.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

- direct pod link

- main website

post #2179 of 2308 Old 07-03-2014, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 71

win

Zath soaring school:

Battlefield 3 AVS stats:

Remember Nexus

post #2180 of 2308 Old 07-03-2014, 11:41 AM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 478 Post(s)
Liked: 812
Lol! After all these years (decades) I still don't understand how that thing worked. I mean.... with videogames..... from that era.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

- direct pod link

- main website

post #2181 of 2308 Old 07-03-2014, 03:03 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Was powerglove wireless or did it have a wire to the console? I think I used it once at a friend's house.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #2182 of 2308 Old 07-03-2014, 05:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 162
I had one in a box along with a Virtual Boy but have not seen it for a while, it is wired though (along with several other parts that complete the kit).

Jason

My Twitch Game Stream [PS4/Xone/PC]...

post #2183 of 2308 Old 07-03-2014, 05:27 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post
I had one in a box along with a Virtual Boy but have not seen it for a while, it is wired though (along with several other parts that complete the kit).

Jason

Yeah, IIRC there was this whole rack of sensors you had to cover your TV in. I think it went around both sides and the top.

post #2184 of 2308 Old 07-03-2014, 06:07 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 31
DaverJ likes this.

PSN Username -

XBOX LIVE Gamertag -
Steam Username -
Origin ID - Kenshiro26
post #2185 of 2308 Old 07-03-2014, 07:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post
Lol! After all these years (decades) I still don't understand how that thing worked. I mean.... with videogames..... from that era.
You gotta admit though. It does look oddly relevant today. If wireless...left handed...lightweight breathable fabric...And keypad like programmable controls...coupled with a wireless gaming mouse or Kinect for PC...this gizmo could be dangerous. It was certainly way ahead of its time in concept. But my wife might think I had gone off the farm, if she caught me gesturing with that thing in a dark room.
post #2186 of 2308 Old 07-03-2014, 07:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Something like the Power Glove will probably come back around given the interest in VR. Occulus Rift + Kinect + Power Glove = what the kiddos want. Also Real Doll.

post #2187 of 2308 Old 07-03-2014, 09:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Something like the Power Glove will probably come back around given the interest in VR. Occulus Rift + Kinect + Power Glove = what the kiddos want. Also Real Doll.

I swear I saw some gizmo on kotaku or something where you could bone some anime character in VR.

post #2188 of 2308 Old 07-04-2014, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post
I swear I saw some gizmo on kotaku or something where you could bone some anime character in VR.
OMG! That happens and VR will be DOA. Parents wouldn't let their kids go anywhere near it. The name FaceBook would take on a whole new meaning. They better do a low res deal with Nintendo right out of the box to cut this off at the knees. Preferrably with a modern version of "The Glove" and WiiU motion control.
post #2189 of 2308 Old 07-04-2014, 11:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I just had to look it up. I don't think I can post a video of it though, but it's called the VR Tenga.

post #2190 of 2308 Old 07-04-2014, 11:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post
I just had to look it up. I don't think I can post a video of it though, but it's called the VR Tenga.
Wow... Just wow... you knew it was going to happen sooner or later. Not quite as good as the Sex bots from Almost Human

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
Reply HTPC Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page