post #2281 of 2282 Old Today, 03:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post
Thanks for the link. I'll have to check it out. The Civ games are some of the best, so I'll be curious to see how this one does since it's now gone interstellar. Xcomm was nothing like Civ I though though.
Agreed. I was only referring to the game playing mechanics aspect...turn based vs FPS RPG etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2282 of 2282 Old Today, 04:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 69
I'll be waiting for BE. Here's why:

Civ V was launched in a horribly unfinished condition. My wife and I both pre-ordered the games and essentially ended up with $100 in coasters for a year. Yup, it took a whole year before the game was patched so you could play Multiplayer without problems. Singleplayer was fixed about 3-6 months after launch. The biggest issue with singleplayer was a problem with the game's code - it actually caused video cards to overheat! In addition, many features that players came to love from Civ IV: Beyond the Sword were absent in Civ V, and most people felt that the devs pulled out facets of the game in order to sell them later. Now, four years later, Civ V is finally to the point where it's great to play - Brave New World gave lots of gameplay additions and (FINALLY) brought back aspects from Civ IV. So I'm going to sit back and see how BE ends up.

That said, if you are on the fence about a turn-based strategy game, I highly suggest you strongly consider purchasing Civ V while it's on sale now. Either get the base game for $7.50 or get the complete edition for $16.50. The complete edition is far superior to the base game, but both are great ways for you to find out what you think about Civ style games with a smaller investment.
Reply HTPC Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page