Forum Jump: 
 81Likes

post #2311 of 2321 Old 09-24-2014, 09:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Briefly played the new Gauntlet last night after I got home. So far I am liking it. Tried it out on hard and damn it was hard with a mouse and keyboard. Went and grabbed my X1 controller and played and it was easier, but still hard! I then dropped it to Normal and replayed the first dungeon and was able to make it to level 2! I think this would be fun to play with a group of friends as well.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2312 of 2321 Old 09-24-2014, 11:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 163
I wanted to put the new Gauntlet on my arcade cabinet but I am not sure if the controls will work, does it have full KB control mapping?

Do you only shoot in the direction you are moving, like the original?

Thanks,
Jason

My Twitch Game Stream [PS4/Xone/PC]...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by DaGamePimp; 09-27-2014 at 03:35 AM.
post #2313 of 2321 Old 09-25-2014, 01:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post
I wanted to put the new Gauntlet on my arcade cabinet but I am not sure if the controls will work, does it have full KB control mapping?
Do you only shoot in the direction you are moving, like the original?
So I have only played with the Barbarian (now named Thor). He does not throw his axe. He just swings it, so he has to get in nice in close. You can use both a keyboard and mouse, or a controller. I hooked up my wired 360 controller and found the game to be a lot easier to play with then the mouse and keyboard. Unsure if you can remap keys.

The other character I played was the Elf and he moves with the left stick and does the normal arrow attack with the right stick and will shoot where you are point the right stick. His normal shot does not go far. His hard sniper shot will one hit kill normal enemies and damage bigger baddies. His other speciality is the bomb. I found Hard to be actually pretty hard, so dialed down to normal it is much better

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides

Last edited by Arutha_conDoin; 09-25-2014 at 01:11 AM.
post #2314 of 2321 Old 09-25-2014, 02:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Ok, so it sounds like a twin stick shooter (similar to Robotron) so not something I'll be adding to my arcade cabinet.

Thanks for the feedback,
Jason

post #2315 of 2321 Old 09-25-2014, 03:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post
Ok, so it sounds like a twin stick shooter (similar to Robotron) so not something I'll be adding to my arcade cabinet.

Thanks for the feedback,
Jason
Twin stick for the Elf so far. Thor is buttons to use.

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #2316 of 2321 Old 09-25-2014, 03:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Not sure I want to be limited on which characters I can use.

Jason

post #2317 of 2321 Old 09-25-2014, 06:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post
I found Hard to be actually pretty hard, so dialed down to normal it is much better
Worthwhile for single-player?
post #2318 of 2321 Old 09-25-2014, 09:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Stay far away from "The Vanishing of Ethan Carter", don't be fooled by the likely planted reviews on steam, it's pretty and that's about it.

Jason

post #2319 of 2321 Old 09-26-2014, 10:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
Worthwhile for single-player?
Mmmm I having fun with it, but then my opinion is skewed since I loved it as a kid and I like the update. The wizard is bad ass with the spells he can now throw. No more just fireball. I have not tried the Valkyrie yet. I could see it being a lot more fun as a co-op game.
DaverJ likes this.

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #2320 of 2321 Old Today, 05:04 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Thought these were sold but the buyer never followed through so I have steam codes for...

Murdered: Soul Suspect, Sniper Elite 3, Sonic Racing Transformed.

Should also be getting Alien Isolation code any day but that one is currently on hold, if our AVS brother changes his mind I'll make it available.
PM me an offer if interested.
Thanks,
Jason

*** Oh and who picked up Shadow of Mordor..? How is it..? Control better than AC..?***

post #2321 of 2321 Old Today, 05:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Tyon Gaming mouse arrived yesterday. Will give it a go through this weekend, but first thoughts is it is comfortable in my hand. I see myself using three fingers with the added buttons fairly easy. Will try and grab some screens of the software when I can.

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
Reply HTPC Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page