The Steam Thread - Page 85 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 148Likes
Reply
Thread Tools
post #2521 of 2544 Old 04-03-2015, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Arutha_conDoin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,496
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Just saw that Elite Dangers is now Available on Steam Makes me wonder if us earldy adopters will get a steam key or not.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
Arutha_conDoin is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2522 of 2544 Old 04-03-2015, 04:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jhoff80's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,365
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post
Just saw that Elite Dangers is now Available on Steam Makes me wonder if us earldy adopters will get a steam key or not.

The initial answer was no, but there's a lot of people complaining, so maybe that'll change.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
jhoff80 is online now  
post #2523 of 2544 Old 05-06-2015, 01:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Arutha_conDoin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,496
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Ok, I need some help. I had Injustice: Gods AMong us that was working then all of a sudden it is now getting a Runtime Error R6025 Pure virtual function call. I cannot seem to find anything out there that fixes this. I have done reinstalls and that has not fixed it. Mortal Kombat Komplete also will not load and the mini title screen just disappears. Then tonight I just picked up Dead Island Riptide and it tool refuses to run. My system I know is more then good enough to run these games, but I think there is a piece of software interferring with these games.

I have updated the Video card to the latest AMD drivers. tried repairing vistuall C++ and reinstalled DX9. Nothing seems to work. Anything else I shall try?

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
Arutha_conDoin is online now  
post #2524 of 2544 Old 05-06-2015, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
blastermaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sunny Okanagan
Posts: 1,177
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Pre-loading Project Cars. Time to dig up the old G27. Can't wait!

In other news, is anyone excited about the HTC Vive heading our way at the end of the year?

http://www.htcvr.com/

Kinda funny, but it looked like the dude in the video that took off his headset looked like he was just watching porn, but whatevs.
barrelbelly likes this.
blastermaster is offline  
post #2525 of 2544 Old 05-06-2015, 06:39 PM
Advanced Member
 
Marafice Eye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Southern Sun, by the galley.
Posts: 969
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by blastermaster View Post
Pre-loading Project Cars. Time to dig up the old G27. Can't wait!

In other news, is anyone excited about the HTC Vive heading our way at the end of the year?

http://www.htcvr.com/

Kinda funny, but it looked like the dude in the video that took off his headset looked like he was just watching porn, but whatevs.

Nice man, it's been fun watching it develop since I bought into it during the crowd funding period. When I get some time I Plan to dig into career mode

Marafice Eye <--- All gamertags listed there - Twitch TV Channel YouTube Channel
__________________________________________________ _
Plan9Reloaded Co-host
Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast
https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link
http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website
Marafice Eye is offline  
post #2526 of 2544 Old 05-06-2015, 08:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
DaverJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 7,105
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 1387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post
Ok, I need some help. I had Injustice: Gods AMong us that was working then all of a sudden it is now getting a Runtime Error R6025 Pure virtual function call. I cannot seem to find anything out there that fixes this. I have done reinstalls and that has not fixed it. Mortal Kombat Komplete also will not load and the mini title screen just disappears. Then tonight I just picked up Dead Island Riptide and it tool refuses to run. My system I know is more then good enough to run these games, but I think there is a piece of software interferring with these games.

I have updated the Video card to the latest AMD drivers. tried repairing vistuall C++ and reinstalled DX9. Nothing seems to work. Anything else I shall try?
Did you ever get this worked out?

The only thing I could think of is a simple backup, then re-install of Windows. That often fixes conflicts, which sounds like what it going on in your case.
DaverJ is online now  
post #2527 of 2544 Old 05-06-2015, 08:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
blastermaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sunny Okanagan
Posts: 1,177
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Quote:
Nice man, it's been fun watching it develop since I bought into it during the crowd funding period. When I get some time I Plan to dig into career mode
Career mode isn't available yet (I'm guessing until its official release date). But wow, what a game. I sit somewhere between Forza "sim" and hardcore PC sim (more on the Forza side, to be honest). And that's exactly how the game feels when I set my abilities to amateur (normal). It's definitely less forgiving than Forza - if you gun it around a corner you're gonna spin out for sure. But it is easy to get used to and feels so damn good even on the controller. Each car has a very distinct feel to it and OMG there are actually reflections from the dash onto the windshield. I've never seen that before in a racing game (or at least, not implemented so well) and it adds a very realistic element to the experience. I'll report back as I progress further, but first I need to apologize to my wife for my imminent absence as this game is going to suck up all of my free time.
blastermaster is offline  
post #2528 of 2544 Old 05-06-2015, 08:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
barrelbelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,899
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post
Ok, I need some help. I had Injustice: Gods AMong us that was working then all of a sudden it is now getting a Runtime Error R6025 Pure virtual function call. I cannot seem to find anything out there that fixes this. I have done reinstalls and that has not fixed it. Mortal Kombat Komplete also will not load and the mini title screen just disappears. Then tonight I just picked up Dead Island Riptide and it tool refuses to run. My system I know is more then good enough to run these games, but I think there is a piece of software interferring with these games.

I have updated the Video card to the latest AMD drivers. tried repairing vistuall C++ and reinstalled DX9. Nothing seems to work. Anything else I shall try?
Have you tried loading a much earlier Windows restore point? This could easily be malicious software. Or even a bad Steam update that your system didn't load properly.
barrelbelly is online now  
post #2529 of 2544 Old 05-06-2015, 10:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Arutha_conDoin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,496
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
Did you ever get this worked out?

The only thing I could think of is a simple backup, then re-install of Windows. That often fixes conflicts, which sounds like what it going on in your case.
Nope not working yet. Debating on reformatting and reinstalling. Though I was hoping to wait until Win 10 comes out and just do a clean wipe and install that instead. Most of all my steam games work fine. From the research I have read there are others that have had this problem. Some people had easy fixes and I have tried those, but no such luck. I feel like I am overlooking something, but not sure what.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
Arutha_conDoin is online now  
post #2530 of 2544 Old 05-06-2015, 11:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
totalownership's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,406
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marafice Eye View Post
Nice man, it's been fun watching it develop since I bought into it during the crowd funding period. When I get some time I Plan to dig into career mode
Yeah, I would definitely like to do something like this again. Watching and testing from it's infancy to the finished product is a nice experience. Man this game was rough when I first got in. lol. Physics were terrible in the beginning as well as the FFB if I recall correctly. Graphics were always nice, at least for the cars. But they just kept pluging away at it. The A.I. was the worse in the business at the beginning also but now you can have some great races with them. They are aggressive though so watch out. I'm playing on Pro setting so maybe that makes a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastermaster View Post
Career mode isn't available yet (I'm guessing until its official release date). But wow, what a game. I sit somewhere between Forza "sim" and hardcore PC sim (more on the Forza side, to be honest). And that's exactly how the game feels when I set my abilities to amateur (normal). It's definitely less forgiving than Forza - if you gun it around a corner you're gonna spin out for sure. But it is easy to get used to and feels so damn good even on the controller. Each car has a very distinct feel to it and OMG there are actually reflections from the dash onto the windshield. I've never seen that before in a racing game (or at least, not implemented so well) and it adds a very realistic element to the experience. I'll report back as I progress further, but first I need to apologize to my wife for my imminent absence as this game is going to suck up all of my free time.
That's odd, I was doing career all day today (Wednesday). Game looks great and feels good with a wheel. I'll agree that it doesn't quite come off as a completely hardcore sim but between Forza and say rFactor2 or iRacing I'd say it's closer to the hardcore side than the Forza side. But it depends on which Forza you're talking about.

AT HAMMOND ROBOTICS WE'RE BRINGING THE FUTURE ... HOME
totalownership is online now  
post #2531 of 2544 Old 05-07-2015, 06:06 AM
Senior Member
 
markc72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Plainfield, IL
Posts: 396
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Game is definitely not like Forza. Less forgiving around corners and just controlling the car for the most part. A little too simy for my taste. Looks great on my GTX 970.

Come join our adult gaming community at www.syndicatedgaming.com


XBL, PSN, and Steam: diehardcubfn
markc72 is online now  
post #2532 of 2544 Old 05-07-2015, 06:48 AM
AVS Special Member
 
barrelbelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,899
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by blastermaster View Post
Pre-loading Project Cars. Time to dig up the old G27. Can't wait!

In other news, is anyone excited about the HTC Vive heading our way at the end of the year?

http://www.htcvr.com/

Kinda funny, but it looked like the dude in the video that took off his headset looked like he was just watching porn, but whatevs.
I can't wait for this and/or Oculus Rift to finally hit the market. I'm even happy abot the GearVR mobile version scheduled for September 2015 release (Samsung & Oculus joint venture). And I really can't wait to play Project Cars and Half Life remastered for VR on Vive/OR. My dilemma will be which one to buy (Vive or OR). It may be as simple as which one hits the market first and has Blu Ray movie capabilities too.
barrelbelly is online now  
post #2533 of 2544 Old 05-07-2015, 06:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
blastermaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sunny Okanagan
Posts: 1,177
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Quote:
That's odd, I was doing career all day today (Wednesday). Game looks great and feels good with a wheel. I'll agree that it doesn't quite come off as a completely hardcore sim but between Forza and say rFactor2 or iRacing I'd say it's closer to the hardcore side than the Forza side. But it depends on which Forza you're talking about.
You're right, I was just being a little dense. That, or the in-game menus are balls. A bit of both, I think. I started with cart racing and finished one highlighted race on the calendar and that's where I couldn't find any other races. I gave up at that point, but I'll look at it again today - maybe I'm missing something but it definitely doesn't hand hold you through the process.
blastermaster is offline  
post #2534 of 2544 Old 05-07-2015, 10:15 AM
AVS Special Member
 
krimson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 2,120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Are these new 3D / VR devices going to all be more or less compatible with each other or is being an early adopter kind of a risk of having a device that never catches on and is unsupported by developers?

PSN / Steam - KrimsonStudios
krimson is offline  
post #2535 of 2544 Old 05-07-2015, 10:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 11,226
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Liked: 1577
Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson View Post
Are these new 3D / VR devices going to all be more or less compatible with each other or is being an early adopter kind of a risk of having a device that never catches on and is unsupported by developers?

Most likely the latter.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
bd2003 is offline  
post #2536 of 2544 Old 05-07-2015, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
krimson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 2,120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Eh, that's kind of what I was figuring too but was hoping it was more to the former.

If I have to bet my money somewhere it will be that HTC+Valve rip the floor from under Oculus Rift's feet, just due to the immense following and trust that the companies have garnered, but I guess only time will tell.

PSN / Steam - KrimsonStudios
krimson is offline  
post #2537 of 2544 Old 05-08-2015, 08:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Arutha_conDoin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,496
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 263
UPDATE:
Fixed the problem that was not launching some of the games from steam. I tried Borderlands 2 out and it was telling me that a dll file from Rivatuner was not there (when in fact it was) so I uninstalled both Riva programs from safe mode and Boom all games that were not loading before now load and work. No re-installing of Win 8 until Win 10 releases!
DaverJ likes this.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
Arutha_conDoin is online now  
post #2538 of 2544 Old 05-08-2015, 08:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 11,226
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Liked: 1577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post
UPDATE:
Fixed the problem that was not launching some of the games from steam. I tried Borderlands 2 out and it was telling me that a dll file from Rivatuner was not there (when in fact it was) so I uninstalled both Riva programs from safe mode and Boom all games that were not loading before now load and work. No re-installing of Win 8 until Win 10 releases!
Not having to deal with nonsense like this is one of the reasons I'm looking forward to the new app model in Win 10. Everything is all packaged up, no more of this one random program takes out another insanity.
Arutha_conDoin likes this.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
bd2003 is offline  
post #2539 of 2544 Old 05-08-2015, 11:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Arutha_conDoin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,496
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson View Post
Eh, that's kind of what I was figuring too but was hoping it was more to the former.

If I have to bet my money somewhere it will be that HTC+Valve rip the floor from under Oculus Rift's feet, just due to the immense following and trust that the companies have garnered, but I guess only time will tell.
After the whole HD DVD and Blu Ray war. I am going to sit this one out until their is a clear cut winner.... Unless there is something or a deal that is to good to pass up on.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
Arutha_conDoin is online now  
post #2540 of 2544 Old 05-10-2015, 09:29 AM
Newbie
 
nilisco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post
After the whole HD DVD and Blu Ray war. I am going to sit this one out until their is a clear cut winner.... Unless there is something or a deal that is to good to pass up on.
I wouldn't bet too much on Valve. They've developed a pretty amazing game distribution monopoly, but haven't done too much lately in the gaming world. Good at pumping out short polished games (portal) and micro-transaction games (dota2,tf2 etc) but it'll be interesting to see if they can develop a successful API devs will use over the oculus. Oculus is an entire division working on this with far more funding.

I always felt they let steam stagnate for years and years as they had no competition, but over the past year or so they've ramped up development a bit. The game streaming is neat.
nilisco is offline  
post #2541 of 2544 Old 05-10-2015, 12:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 11,226
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Liked: 1577
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilisco View Post
I wouldn't bet too much on Valve. They've developed a pretty amazing game distribution monopoly, but haven't done too much lately in the gaming world. Good at pumping out short polished games (portal) and micro-transaction games (dota2,tf2 etc) but it'll be interesting to see if they can develop a successful API devs will use over the oculus. Oculus is an entire division working on this with far more funding.



I always felt they let steam stagnate for years and years as they had no competition, but over the past year or so they've ramped up development a bit. The game streaming is neat.

My understanding is that oculus poached a ton of the valve VR devs.

Valve's strength is trying wild new things on their own time. That's fine when they've got a monopoly with steam. But their pace of business is way too slow to lead the industry in anything they're not already established in. I'm sure they'll make a good amount of money selling VR games but they should just give up on hardware right now.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
bd2003 is offline  
post #2542 of 2544 Old 05-10-2015, 08:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Arutha_conDoin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,496
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Anyone know if you can share The Witcher 2 with the family share plan? I have been trying to share it with my Son (in the same house) and it keeps telling him he needs to send a request for me to share it. I never see any request when I log in anywhere.

EDIT: Never Mind they had it on sale for $2.99 and the first one for $1.99 so I bought both of them for him. I believe I don't even need to install the second one since his CD key should for as well as my onw (at least I hope so)

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides

Last edited by Arutha_conDoin; 05-10-2015 at 08:11 PM.
Arutha_conDoin is online now  
post #2543 of 2544 Old 05-10-2015, 08:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Arutha_conDoin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,496
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Call me lazy, but I added Witcher 1 to my library as well since I had it on disk or something else somehow. So now it's in my Library along with The Witcher 3. It would just feel wrong playing this on a console after playing it on PC. Now if I can stream it to my Xbox one with Win 10 that would be fricking cool as hell

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
Arutha_conDoin is online now  
post #2544 of 2544 Unread Today, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Arutha_conDoin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,496
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 263
I had Witcher 3 unlocked at 7 PM my time last night (pacific coast) and was checking it out for an hour or so before I had to go do other things before bed. I am pretty impressed with the graphics. I can run it on High-Ultra with my R9 280X with around 50-55 FPS so far. Looking forward to playing it more over my weekend!

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
Arutha_conDoin is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply HTPC Gaming

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off