AVS Forum banner

The Steam Thread

153K views 3K replies 167 participants last post by  EM3 
#1 ·
WiseGuy has started an AVS Steam Group for us!

AVS Forum Steam Group

My intention with this thread is to have one location for people to look at to find out what interesting stuff is happening on Steam, what nifty deals are going on at the moment, and who they should get together with to play some games. It seems that every two or three weeks we have a new Steam thread pop up, so hey, why not have all that in one place?

See less See more
#2 ·
There isn't really anything of note on sale right now, but this post is where I would like to point out interesting and awesome Steam sales. At least until someone else decides that they want to be the Steam Sale Newsposter, or thinks that they'll do a better job than I am doing.
We'll see what happens Wednesday, which should be the next discount day.

#3 ·
Good idea DarklordJames! I look forward to seeing you guys online.

My Steam ID is: Augcliffe

I'm usually on after 9pm EST and weekends.

#7 ·
Perils of Summer Steam Sale, how I miss thee...

#9 ·
Cool, joined. New rig coming, hopefully by the end of this week

Might pick up borderlands... (doh missed the sale), anyone playing that right now, or planning to start soon?

#10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson /forum/post/18876135

Might pick up borderlands... (doh missed the sale), anyone playing that right now, or planning to start soon?

I would like to start playin BL coop soon. One of reasons I created a Steam group for us. Makes it easier to see who's online and organize game nights

#12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson /forum/post/18876135

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseGuy2k7 /forum/post/18876196

I would like to start playin BL coop soon. One of reasons I created a Steam group for us. Makes it easier to see who's online and organize game nights

My friend and I just started after the sale. We got our characters up to lvl18 and haven't even left the first zone yet.
I've played through the game many times so I do not mind being a guide if anyone of you needs it. We should team up sometime.

#15 ·
Anyone checking out the Serious Sam HD The Second Encounter free weekend on steam? I own both versions SD and HD lol I recommend ppl check it out as its a good kill anything that moves.. which is alot in SS game.

#17 ·
I picked up Borderlands on sale last week and it has me hooked bad. Such a fun game! Anyways, I think my contribution this weekend will be moving our hours per person average up.

#21 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklordjames /forum/post/18893415

TF2 keeps selling and supporting the development team, so they will keep making content for it. Last I heard, going back and doing a second Medic update is next on the to-do list.

And of course, there are so many more hats that can be made!

I really got to get back into TF2 again. I got it when it first came out, played it for a few months. Then it got lost under all the other games that came out to play. Video game market is too saturated with games now. I mean its nice to have good games to play, but who has all the time to devote to them all.

#23 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklordjames /forum/post/18907787

Man, Wednesday has come and gone twice now without a deal. Steam seems to have blown their load with that mega-sale.

But it was quite a load

I picked up lots of stuff I've been interested in but never got around to. Uh oh, I feel a list coming on:
  • Introversion Pack (UpLink, Defcon, Darwinia, Multiwinia)
  • Bully: Scholarship Edition
  • Red Faction Guerrilla
  • Saints Row 2
  • Borderlands + Dr.Ned, The Secret Armory of General Knoxx
  • Day of Defeat: Source
  • Half-Life Episode 2
  • Bioshock 2
  • Left 4 Dead 2 (which I had already forgot I bought)

As I mentioned, I'm currently plowing through Borderlands, which I'm loving by the way. But still haven't had the chance to try it co-op.

I hope to get through all these games at some point, but if last winter's sale is any indication then that might not happen.

Anyone else care to list what they snagged?

#24 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorax /forum/post/18908583

As I mentioned, I'm currently plowing through Borderlands, which I'm loving by the way. But still haven't had the chance to try it co-op.

Infrasonic and his buddy helped me with Borderlands for my first time last night. They were very helpful and knowledgeable. Maybe we can all meet online tonight or something.

#25 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklordjames /forum/post/18907787

Man, Wednesday has come and gone twice now without a deal. Steam seems to have blown their load with that mega-sale.

And I am quite glad for that, actually. I bought way more games than I needed to so I am set for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorax /forum/post/18908583

I hope to get through all these games at some point, but if last winter's sale is any indication then that might not happen.

Anyone else care to list what they snagged?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfoolery_79 /forum/post/18908820

Infrasonic and his buddy helped me with Borderlands for my first time last night. They were very helpful and knowledgeable. Maybe we can all meet online tonight or something.

Yeah, join up with us so we can play with a full room. Should be fun!
Oh, btw next time we play we will have to give up some ... ummm.... "newer" equipment now that you got all leveled up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.