Direct2Drive (and other) game deals thread - Page 16 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
First ... 14  15  16 17  18  ... Last
HTPC Gaming > Direct2Drive (and other) game deals thread
rich3fan's Avatar rich3fan 02:14 PM 03-14-2013
So what games up there have nekid wimmens I can have sex wit? biggrin.gif

johnvsimpson's Avatar johnvsimpson 03:03 PM 03-14-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich3fan View Post

So what games up there have nekid wimmens I can have sex wit? biggrin.gif

Last one I knew of was Leisure Suit Larry:D.
Yrd's Avatar Yrd 03:24 PM 03-14-2013
I'm probably never going to play it, but I got it!

I have a huge list of games I just don't bother playing. I don't know why. I have free time, I just don't start them.

I just got my new bass guitar today, so I'll be playing more rocksmith now.


There's a quote so my comment makes sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

Yeah, I'm on the fence with C3 and DS3 at that price, but I might do it because it's really $35 with the credit - I can't stop buying games there. redface.gif

I grabbed Mirror's Edge for $4. Played through it on Xbox and loved it, so I'm looking forward to playing it in at 1080p @ 60fps (I hope!).

Great pick on KoA:Reckoning! I played a bit of that last night.

Scott Simonian's Avatar Scott Simonian 04:13 PM 03-14-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich3fan View Post

So what games up there have nekid wimmens I can have sex wit? biggrin.gif

Elder Scrolls/Fallout with mods. wink.gif
Yrd's Avatar Yrd 04:16 PM 03-14-2013
The Witcher, you can actually have sex in the game. Witcher 2, I have yet to play more than the intro, I would assume more of the soft porn goes in that game too. No mods. Someone actually drew naked wimmins onto polygons, and got payed.
Marafice Eye's Avatar Marafice Eye 01:08 PM 03-15-2013
Decent deal of the week on Amazon. Cars, Jets, Dirt Bikes pack for $15. You get Ace Combat Assault Horizon (meh) MUD FIM Motocross, and Ridge Racer Unbounded.
DaverJ's Avatar DaverJ 02:27 PM 03-15-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marafice Eye View Post

Decent deal of the week on Amazon. Cars, Jets, Dirt Bikes pack for $15. You get Ace Combat Assault Horizon (meh) MUD FIM Motocross, and Ridge Racer Unbounded.

Great find, thanks!

I've had Assault Horizon on my wishlist - dissappointed to hear it's a "meh", but want to try it anyway. At least my expectations are lower. Ridge Racer is usually worth a couple plays, although the demo for that one was kinda iffy. Never heard of Mud, but could be cool.
darthrsg's Avatar darthrsg 03:21 PM 03-15-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

Great find, thanks!

I've had Assault Horizon on my wishlist - dissappointed to hear it's a "meh", but want to try it anyway. At least my expectations are lower. Ridge Racer is usually worth a couple plays, although the demo for that one was kinda iffy. Never heard of Mud, but could be cool.

Ace Combat is just 9.99 on its own.
Marafice Eye's Avatar Marafice Eye 05:27 PM 03-15-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

Great find, thanks!

I've had Assault Horizon on my wishlist - dissappointed to hear it's a "meh", but want to try it anyway. At least my expectations are lower. Ridge Racer is usually worth a couple plays, although the demo for that one was kinda iffy. Never heard of Mud, but could be cool.

If you like the Ace Combat series, set your expectations low for AH and you might not find it that bad. Imagine playing a mashup of AC and HAWX2...
DaverJ's Avatar DaverJ 01:22 PM 03-18-2013
DaverJ's Avatar DaverJ 11:53 AM 03-19-2013
Dishonored (via Steam) is $33 on GMG, but can't find any voucher to go with it.
DaverJ's Avatar DaverJ 01:05 PM 03-19-2013
Oh no.... eek.gif

If you don't mind Origin, this is a BIG sale.

Between the Steam deals earlier, the above, and then Bioshock Infinite next week, I might need to take a second mortgage out. redface.gif

Also, Mass Effect 3 is $15, or the trilogy is $30.
mekret's Avatar mekret 04:04 PM 03-19-2013
Trilogy is $25 here.
Yrd's Avatar Yrd 10:22 PM 03-19-2013
Mass Effect 3 is actually $10 on Origin $15 for the deluxe, $26 if you get them all seperately $10 for ME2 and $6 for ME1.

$6 for Witcher 2

$10 for the Walking Dead, the telltale games one.

Those are great deals for the Origin system.

For $29 I trying to decide on Dead space 3. I love the first 2. That's one that you can only get through Origin now, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekret View Post

Trilogy is $25 here.

I don't know if it's because I am a gamefly member and it's using my points but that price comes up at $22.50 when I open that link. Still uses Origin there.


Both Crysis 3 and Dead Space 3, $30 at Origin btw.
macks's Avatar macks 07:56 AM 03-20-2013
http://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Bastion for $1.

Good game if you haven't played it yet. 360 controller support is very good.
macks's Avatar macks 07:54 AM 03-22-2013
http://www.gamefly.com/download-games/browse/?pf=1100&cat=OnSale#.UUxW7ByceZd

Gamefly has some good deals today. BL2 for $19.38 is the one I'm most tempted by.
DaverJ's Avatar DaverJ 08:02 AM 03-22-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by macks View Post

http://www.gamefly.com/download-games/browse/?pf=1100&cat=OnSale#.UUxW7ByceZd

Gamefly has some good deals today. BL2 for $19.38 is the one I'm most tempted by.

I can't recommend Borderlands 2 enough - an all-time top 10 game in my book.

Dishonored via Steam for $24? That might be too good to pass, even though Bioshock Infinite is rolling in on Tuesday.
HeadRusch's Avatar HeadRusch 08:54 AM 03-22-2013
You're a brave man preordering Bioshock Infinite.....I enjoyed Bioshock but didn't get very far in Bioshock II.......Borderlands 2 at $20 is tempting, but I keep thinking..."But you never even finished Borderlands!".... :P

One of the reasons was I'd stop playing and find I had to re-do a mission all over again, or I'd get lost....etc......
HeadRusch's Avatar HeadRusch 09:03 AM 03-22-2013
Also, Syndicate is an ok shooter at $5 bucks.

AMAZON also has sales, here's a link to Binary Domain at $5 bucks...absolutely worth it.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007V6MQR6?t=slicinc-20&tag=slicinc-20&ascsubtag=9fuYapMHEeKsb-pEe-4nkgsCv3_abkU3_cPM_0_0
DaveFi's Avatar DaveFi 09:51 AM 03-22-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadRusch View Post

You're a brave man preordering Bioshock Infinite.....I enjoyed Bioshock but didn't get very far in Bioshock II.......Borderlands 2 at $20 is tempting, but I keep thinking..."But you never even finished Borderlands!".... :P

One of the reasons was I'd stop playing and find I had to re-do a mission all over again, or I'd get lost....etc......
I loved Bioshock 2, but wouldn't spend $60 on any game. I just finished Tomb Raider, while fun it was really short.
DaverJ's Avatar DaverJ 09:57 AM 03-22-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

I loved Bioshock 2, but wouldn't spend $60 on any game. I just finished Tomb Raider, while fun it was really short.

Mentioned in the "playing" thread, the Bioshock Infinite pre-order gets you Bioshock 1, Xcom: Enemy Unknown, and another game of choice in addition to the new game. Plus, GMG gives you $14 cash back, or $15 credit for future purchase.

That's a lot for $46.
lurkor's Avatar lurkor 12:53 PM 03-22-2013
Tactically Xcom: Enemy Unknown is great, strategically not so much. Hint: Don't name your soldiers, because they gonna die.
HeadRusch's Avatar HeadRusch 01:02 PM 03-22-2013
X-Com kicked my @ss in its 320x240 VGA days...I probably still have the floppies around here somewhere.....I bought it for like a buck a few years ago off Steam, played the first level and again promptly had my @ss handed to me. I remember that as soon as I got the tactical part down (starting to), I'd blow my funding or something and the game world would collapse around me smile.gif When I see it at $9.99 or less I'll probably dive in again for more deflating punishment......

Having said that, I might take a gamble on some games...but the Bioshock series isn't one of them. There was enough of a change from BS1 to BS2 that BS3 could conceivably be a side-scrolling platformer or Myst-like puzzler.....I'll anxiously await your review, sir!
Yrd's Avatar Yrd 01:29 PM 03-22-2013
Bioshock 2 was made by a different team. That's why it sucked. Bioshock Infinite is back to the original team.

Queue the people that loved Bioshock 2, to respond.


I caught a deal at newegg for $40 for Bioshock, DVD version. Get no freebies though.
lurkor's Avatar lurkor 01:45 PM 03-22-2013
Shrug, I enjoyed Bioshock 2 as long as you had plenty of bots and traps to compensate for its clumsy interface. No clue why it didn't have gamepad support. I will forgive Bioshock Infinite any shortcomings as long as it has zombies, dinosaurs, or nekid wimmens.
Yrd's Avatar Yrd 01:47 PM 03-22-2013
Get games has Lara Croft and the Guardian of light for $3.74
Plus the new game for $40 and a few sleeping dogs DLC for cheap. One of them Daverj said was one of the worth buying ones. I doubt, I'll buy that but I'm thinking about Guardian. I never finished my xbox version.

I played Sleeping Dogs for the first time last night, it's ok. The driving was stiff, not like GTA4, and getting used to driving on the other side of the road is a little tough. It crashed on me so I never bothered to get back in. Who knows if I'll even be back, I wasn't feeling like I HAD to finish this game.

Dishonored I'm trying to finish, it's very much like Bioshock. It's also very easy. The only thing that makes it hard is trying to do these achievements where you don't get detected and don't kill anyone. But I gave up obsessing on it after a while, I'll do the best I can, but if someone does peek at me I'm not going to restart it.
HeadRusch's Avatar HeadRusch 02:03 PM 03-22-2013
Borderlands 2 now $16 bucks at GreenMan with code GMG20-NT7TS-SY2RT.

*sigh*

I have to resist....its only gonna get cheaper....but its motivating me to start back at grinding away at Borderlands 1........desperately want to buy it, but I know I won't play it until I get further along in Borderlands 1. Looting is fun but after awhile the world just started to bore me and I'd have to walk away from the game for weeks at a time....blowing away cannon-fodder critters gets old, too.....and having to outrun big ones also gets old. I think I ended on a level where it was lots of these armored robot or enemy guys and I was getting my arse kicked, even with my juiced up weapons. They'd drop stuff that I couldn't use....can't remember if I was level 24 or 17 or whatnow.....

Anyone who's played both, which game is the better of the series, or are they basically the same?
Yrd's Avatar Yrd 02:14 PM 03-22-2013
They are both great games. The 2nd is still very much like the 1st with some minor changes and a little more polish.

Both are even better with co-op. If you enjoy the humor, I'd stick with 1, wait for the GOTY version of 2 if you're still on the fence for $16. Worth it IMO.
DaverJ's Avatar DaverJ 02:18 PM 03-22-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadRusch View Post

Anyone who's played both, which game is the better of the series, or are they basically the same?

Heh... when I first fired up BL2, I thought "oh...more of the same." But then I noticed a couple things that are a little better (auto-pickup of ammo and cash on the ground, for instance). Then I notice a few more. Then I progressed in the story, and found it freakin' hilarious and engaging. Eventually, I realized how BL2 is just a little bit better in so many ways that it ends up being significantly better.

HeadRusch - put a pause on the first game and get Borderlands 2 - start a new character and enjoy. I'll jump in on co-op if you want some weekend. The DLC for BL2 is good too.
HeadRusch's Avatar HeadRusch 02:30 PM 03-22-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post

Dishonored I'm trying to finish, it's very much like Bioshock. It's also very easy. The only thing that makes it hard is trying to do these achievements where you don't get detected and don't kill anyone. But I gave up obsessing on it after a while, I'll do the best I can, but if someone does peek at me I'm not going to restart it.

..........ok so you buy this game and go for the achievement where you don't kill anyone.




Also this:
Quote:
Heh... when I first fired up BL2, I thought "oh...more of the same." But then I noticed a couple things that are a little better (auto-pickup of ammo and cash on the ground, for instance). Then I notice a few more. Then I progressed in the story, and found it freakin' hilarious and engaging. Eventually, I realized how BL2 is just a little bit better in so many ways that it ends up being significantly better.

HeadRusch - put a pause on the first game and get Borderlands 2 - start a new character and enjoy. I'll jump in on co-op if you want some weekend. The DLC for BL2 is good too.

If I put pause on the first game I'm never, ever going back......I'm still waffling on Mass Effect 3 for $10 bucks on origin because I'm still only like 4 missions into Mass Effect 2, and that I SHOULD try to stick with smile.gif

On the other hand I'm totally cheaping out and picking up NFS: Undercover on the PC for 3 bucks! WOOOO now that's gaming! biggrin.gif
First ... 14  15  16 17  18  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop