I finished my build.... spent way more than I thought I was.. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 28 Old 05-03-2011, 09:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Well, I finished buying all my parts. I made some pretty serious mistakes along the way, but I'm just going to have to deal with it. Here is what I ended up with:

Case = Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower -------------------$54.07 before R. / $39.07 after R. @newegg

CPU = i5 2500k 3.3 GHZ 6MB Cache LGA1155 -------------------------------- $196.64 w/ tax @MicroCenter

Motherboard = P8P67 R3 LGA 1155 P67--------------------------------------- $152.94 w/ tax @MicroCenter

Ram = G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600-------------- $69.00 w/ tax@newegg

GPU = Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti SOC 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 video card-----------------$268.19 @ newegg after tax and shipping

PSU = SeaSonic S12II 520 Bronze 520W --------------------------------------$74.59 w/tax, shipping, etc, @newegg

HDD = Samsung SpinPoint F3 HDD 1 TB ------------------------------------- $59.53 w/tax @newegg

CPU Cooler = CPU Cooler = Cooler Master Hyper 212+ ------------------------- $33.05 before rebate / 23.05 after rebate @ Fry's

DVD Burner = Pioneer DVR-A18M----------------------------------------------taking from previous build

Operating System = Win 7 (64) for Students------------------------------------- $30 from Digital River

My grand total before rebates = $938.01-----------------------if I get rebates $913.01

Originally, my budget was $850, but I was actually trying to dream of getting closer to $800. Unfortunately, spending $268 on that video card killed any chance of me getting anywhere near $800. The problem was, the card wasn't in stock at Amazon. Had it been in stock at Amazon, I would have saved on tax and shipping. With newegg, I had to deal with both. I could have gone with another 560 Ti card, but the specific reason I wanted that particular Gigabyte one, is because of the fact that it seems to be one of the cooler 560 cards, as well as being one of the quietest of the 560 Ti cards. That was important. I didn't want a loud card. It has dual fans, which should keep it cooler than the one fan designs. It's overclocked enough that I don't need to mess with it, considering I'm a PC newb, it's a huge bonus.

Why Nvidia? Basically it came down to Stereoscopic 3D performance. Nvidia cards are just better with S3D and more compatible with S3D. Especially in regards to hooking it up to a hdmi 1.4a device like my 3D plasma. Was going to go with a GTX 460, but felt that I wanted more power from the get go. I'd rather hold onto this card, and not ditch it so quickly.

I made a huge mistake with the motherboard. Instead of spending like $25 more to get the Pro (which is much more future proof), I got the cheaper regular version. I can't SLI with this version, and while it can Xfire, it's kinda a crappy version of Xfire that you wouldn't want to do anyways. The other big mistake was with the PSU. The 520 watt Seasonic is absolutely outstanding according to many people in the know, but it's not going to be strong enough for me to get another 560 Ti and SLI them. I'm going to need to get a new motherboard and a new PSU. A major blunder on my part. My Antec case has easy access usb slots, but they are 2.0, not 3.0. I'll have to use the back slots for 3.0 . Other than that.. it's all gravy. Hopefully I'll be able to put the whole thing together without any major problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 05-03-2011, 11:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Looks good.

As for the motherboard and power supply issue with SLI, I would just save up for a single high-end Nvidia 28nm Kepler GPU when they become available. Expect those to significantly outperform the Fermi cards, and nicely handle just about any game in a single display setup.
post #3 of 28 Old 05-03-2011, 11:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Hah! I got you beat! I spent ~$1500 on mine!

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
post #4 of 28 Old 05-03-2011, 11:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

Hah! I got you beat! I spent ~$1500 on mine!

Yeah, but yours is a dream machine compared to mine.
post #5 of 28 Old 05-04-2011, 04:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I don't see any "serious mistakes" really. It's not your fault that video card prices have spiked in the past 6 months. SLI isn't all it's cracked up to be, and you can just upgrade to a single improved card in the future as MSmith says. Your front USB ports will mainly be used for receivers for peripherals anyway, so no big deal there. You did fine.
post #6 of 28 Old 05-04-2011, 06:20 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 14
The PNY GTX 560Ti I just got was $219 after rebate on Amazon. Runs quiet and cool and absolutely love it. Nice job on a nice PC!!

Come join our adult gaming community at www.syndicatedgaming.com

XBL, PSN, and Steam: diehardcubfn
post #7 of 28 Old 05-04-2011, 08:21 AM
Advanced Member

Don't stress over blowing your budget.. it happens to everyone So many times i set out to one simple upgrade then it turns out I need something else or its running like crap. I figure I might as well get the other stuff..budget blown lol

PSN:The_Wise_Guy
XBL:DirtySanWiseGuy
Steam:The_Wise_Guy
BF4 PC:The_Wise_Guy

post #8 of 28 Old 05-04-2011, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 498 Post(s)
Liked: 489
Looks like a good build! don't sweat the budget, just enjoy what you built!

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

post #9 of 28 Old 05-04-2011, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 33
With an $800 - $850 target it can be hard not to go overbudget unless everything goes right. If you took your time to piece things together over months you'd probably be fine but then that extra $50-100 you save has you sitting on parts for months rather than using the machine (and then any hardware issues don't get returned to retailer but go to manufacturer due to the time lag). For the SLI upgrade, this has never worked out for the majority of people I know that were trying to leave that route open. You either do it right away or upgrade to the bigger/better card down the road.

In short - you did fine here and this is a solid build for the price. Enjoy it. I plan on doing one in the Fall ahead of Battlefield 3. I'm going to build it with my son, something I've been wanting to do since he was little.

Panasonic 65" VT60 (calibrated by Jeff Meier), Marantz 6005, Kef Q towers/rears Kef Reference center, Win 7 Pro with XBMC, Harmony Ultimate One
Xbox Live: Arbitrage XXL
post #10 of 28 Old 05-04-2011, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markc72 View Post

The PNY GTX 560Ti I just got was $219 after rebate on Amazon. Runs quiet and cool and absolutely love it.

Is your Rebate coming from PNY? I've heard a ton of horror stories about people not getting rebates from various companies, and I think PNY is one of them. Seems like there are quite a few companies, that you have to pull their teeth to finally get your rebate.

Hopefully you'll get lucky because it's thru Amazon, and PNY doesn't want you to complain to Amazon about not getting the rebate. I really wanted to get mine thru Amazon as well, mainly cause the lack of tax and no shipping. Newegg's price on the Gigabyte was $244.99 which isn't that bad in the grand scheme of things, but the tax and shipping shot it up to $268. I honestly never thought I'd be spending anywhere near $268 on a video card, but oh well, shizniz happens. I just couldn't continue to waiting on the last part. I want to put the thing together and try it out.

I'm glad yours is running quiet and cool. I'm hoping that mine will run like that as well. It's going to be exciting to re-enter the world of PC gaming after not playing a PC game since mid 2000 (Deus Ex).
post #11 of 28 Old 05-17-2011, 07:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseGuy2k7 View Post

Don't stress over blowing your budget.. it happens to everyone So many times i set out to one simple upgrade then it turns out I need something else or its running like crap. I figure I might as well get the other stuff..budget blown lol

Yea, I just ordered all my stuff for a build and came out about $300 over budget.

My friend convinced me to get a SSD and a higher GPU than what I was planning on getting.

It's my first build though, so we'll see how smoothly it goes I guess. Should be a learning experience at least.

PSN - Mr_Frisch
XBL - Mr Frisch
Steam - Sneaky Pete
post #12 of 28 Old 05-17-2011, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
When I built my last PC I drew a hard line in the sand, but the problem is that usually upgrades over baseline parts are only $20-$50. So every schlub on the internet is telling you to spend the money it's way better. But then if you do it with every component all of the sudden you're out $300.
post #13 of 28 Old 06-09-2011, 01:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 566
With Skyrim and Battlefield 3 coming soon I'm considering building my first true gaming PC. The last real gaming I did on a PC was Age of Empires 2, which I still play off and on to this day (love to get it running on my netbook) so I am way out of touch. I prefer using my PS3 for the ease of use and the trophies, but I have gotten tired of the low resolution and choppy framerates of games on the current systems. It is even worse now that I am gaming on a 70inch Sharp LCD all the flaws stand out now.

Basically, I would like a gaming PC that will run all current and future games at 1080p 60fps with most settings maxed out. As long as it holds up until next gen I will be happy. Another thing I would like is a more compact and cool running design, my first 360 taught me a lot about how annoying a loud system can be. If only those netbook sized Alienware laptops came in desktop formats...

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #14 of 28 Old 06-09-2011, 04:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post
Basically, I would like a gaming PC that will run all current and future games at 1080p 60fps with most settings maxed out. As long as it holds up until next gen I will be happy. Another thing I would like is a more compact and cool running design, my first 360 taught me a lot about how annoying a loud system can be. If only those netbook sized Alienware laptops came in desktop formats...
I don't know what your budget is, but below would make an excellent system for 1080p gaming.

Something like the GTX 560Ti is good. A GTX 570 is even better if you can afford it. A small handful of games, Metro 2033 included, will still run poorly at maximum settings in 1080p.

For the CPU, I would get an Intel 2500K. A 2600K is preferable if you do lots of encoding with programs that make good use of Hyperthreading.

Get 8GB of DDR3 RAM (1600 or 1333 speeds are fine) and Windows 7 64-bit. Consider an SSD at around 120GB for the OS, core programs and some games.

You apparently want a smallish case that allows for quiet operation, so a fan controller would be optimal. You could also get something like Noctua fans that come with low-noise resistors, but are still very effective with these resistors attached.

I went with the Lian Li PC-V354B for my latest case. It is about as compact as a case can be while still allowing lots of powerful hardware to be installed. It has a 4-fan controller on the back. The GIGABYTE GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 is a perfect match for this case, because the combination allows for two dual-slot GPU cards in x8/x8 SLI or CrossFire while making an extra x4 slot usable.
post #15 of 28 Old 06-09-2011, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

What would be a good setup for an ibuypower build? I see that Liquid Cooling is free with most builds from them right now...

For example, I have no clue what the difference between a 560ti 2gb and a normal 570 1.2gb would be...

I came up with this (I deleted the 0 options)
Quote:

Gamer Paladin E810 1 x Case ( Xion Echo Gaming Case - Black )
1 x Processor ( Intel® Core i5-2500K Processor (4x 3.30GHz/6MB L3 Cache) )
1 x Processor Cooling ( Liquid CPU Cooling System [SOCKET-1155 & 1156] - ARC Dual Silent High Performance Fan Upgrade (Push-Pull Airflow) )
1 x Memory ( 8 GB [2 GB X4] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - Corsair or Major Brand )
1 x Video Card ( NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB - Single Card )
1 x Free Stuff ( [Free Game Voucher] - Star Trek Online - Free with Purchase of Selected Intel Core i5/i7 Processor or SSD )
1 x Motherboard ( Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 -- 3x PIC-E 2.0 x16, DVMT Technology )
1 x Power Supply ( 1000 Watt -- Extreme Gaming Series )
1 x Primary Hard Drive ( 1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive )
1 x Data Hard Drive ( 40 GB Intel X25-V MLC SSD - Single Drive )
1 x Optical Drive ( 24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black )
1 x Flash Media Reader / Writer ( 12-In-1 Internal Flash Media Card Reader/Writer - Black )
1 x Meter Display ( NZXT Sentry 2 Touch Screen Fan Controller & Temperature Display )
1 x Sound Card ( 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard )
1 x Network Card ( Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100) )
1 x Operating System ( Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium + Office Starter 2010 (Includes basic versions of Word and Excel) - 64-Bit )
1 x Keyboard ( iBUYPOWER USB Keyboard - Black )
1 x Mouse ( iBUYPOWER Internet Mouse )
1 x Power Protection ( Mighty Voltage Regulator - Opti-UPS SS1200-AVR )
1 x Warranty ( Standard Warranty Service - Standard 3-Year Limited Warranty + Lifetime Technical Support )
1 x Rush Service ( Rush Service Fee (not shipping fee) - No Rush Service, Estimate Ship Out in 5~10 Business Days )

I'm using this as a baseline to get an idea for what I want to do. At $1335 before shipping, I'm positive that I would save hundreds building it myself. At least this way I can get a list of what I will probably use if I do build it myself.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #16 of 28 Old 06-09-2011, 12:00 PM
AVS Special Member

A 2GB GTX 560Ti, as opposed to a 1GB GTX 560Ti, makes most sense when you use more than one card to push a resolution much higher than 1920x1080. However, the 1.28GB frame-buffer in the GTX 570 will get you some nice breathing room. One practical benefit is that it will allow you to completely max-out GTA IV at 1920x1080, whereas a 1GB card is deficient under this particular circumstance.

As for the SSD, get either an Intel 320 or the faster Intel 510. The 510 has a minimum capacity of 120GB. If you go with a 320 model, I wouldn't buy a capacity less than 80GB.
post #17 of 28 Old 06-09-2011, 12:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 18
A 40gb SSD is too small. I just installed Windows 7 64-bit recently to a 40gb partition and the base install used like 95% of the free space. Had to wipe it and start over. You would need at least 80gb for your OS+Apps+wiggle room.

PSN / Steam - KrimsonStudios
post #18 of 28 Old 06-09-2011, 04:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post
What would be a good setup for an ibuypower build? I see that Liquid Cooling is free with most builds from them right now...

For example, I have no clue what the difference between a 560ti 2gb and a normal 570 1.2gb would be...

I came up with this (I deleted the 0 options)

I'm using this as a baseline to get an idea for what I want to do. At $1335 before shipping, I'm positive that I would save hundreds building it myself. At least this way I can get a list of what I will probably use if I do build it myself.
I'll tell you what I tell tons of people I build for. Don't get into liquid cooling unless you do it yourself and have a full understanding for how it works and what to do in case of a problem. If you not going to be oc'ing the crap outta your system, IMO don't bother, even if it is free. (unless they will send you the cooling system along with your order uninstalled)

I will usually go over the system with whom ever bought it and explain the whole thing. It's not rocket science but still not needed unless your after a completely silent machine but then you have to do EVERY part. Your GPU tends to be the loudest. I install quiet fans and have never had 1 build come back because of noise issues. But I've seen some liquid cooling nightmares LOL!

post #19 of 28 Old 06-09-2011, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

You know, considering what's going on in the PC gaming world (console focus seems to be taking over), I think this 560 Ti will hold me over pretty nicely till November 2013 when Microsoft will surely enter the fray. The peeps that are running 3 monitor eyefinitiy setups, or want to run Metro 2033 in 3D with high frame rates can buy the $500 cards, but I'll pass for now.

Bethesda said that the console versions of Skyrim are the main focus, which is extremely disappointing. I'm sure the PC version will still be good, and should look and perform better, but the PC version is definitely not their priority at all, which is kinda scary.

The more I saw of e3, the more I'm thinking that it's just going to be console ports from here on out for the most part, and we're just going to have to deal with it. The good part of it, is that my 560 Ti will stay relevant for a lot longer. The bad side of it, is that other than a Wicher 2 here, or a Metro Last Light there, we aren't going to see much stuff that really is head and shoulders better than something like L.A. Noire or Uncharted 3 on the PS3.
post #20 of 28 Old 06-10-2011, 07:31 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
One thing that will make PC gaming better over consoles is the AA and screen resolution, which does make a difference. Just downloaded the Dungeon Siege III demo on both 360 and PC, and PC looks much sharper.

Come join our adult gaming community at www.syndicatedgaming.com

XBL, PSN, and Steam: diehardcubfn
post #21 of 28 Old 06-10-2011, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

Bethesda said that the console versions of Skyrim are the main focus, which is extremely disappointing. I'm sure the PC version will still be good, and should look and perform better, but the PC version is definitely not their priority at all, which is kinda scary.

At least we're getting the game. I remember reading that the PC version will support DirectX 11 purely for rendering optimizations. This provides hope that the developers made the game scalable to a level where a high-end PC is somewhat challenged.

I am sure that there will be competently made texture replacement and increased draw distance mods if the visuals fail to impress at maximum settings.
post #22 of 28 Old 06-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Advanced Member

Product Description Savings Total Price
COOLER MASTER HAF 912 RC-912-KKN1 Black Computer Case
Item #:N82E16811119233
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
$59.99
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory
Item #:N82E16820231427
Return Policy: Memory Standard Return Policy
$49.99
ASRock P67 EXTREME4 (B3) ATX Intel Motherboard
Item #:N82E16813157229
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
$159.99
Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor
Item #:N82E16819115072
Return Policy: CPU Replacement Only Return Policy
$224.99
Crucial RealSSD C300 CTFDDAC064MAG-1G1 2.5" MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
Item #:N82E16820148357
Return Policy: Limited Replacement Only Return Policy
-$20.00 Instant
$144.99
$124.99
EVGA 012-P3-1571-KR GeForce GTX 570 HD w/Display-Port (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
Item #:N82E16814130613
Return Policy: VGA Standard Return Policy
-$20.00 Instant
$40.00 Mail-in Rebate Card
$345.99
$325.99
Grand Total: $945.94

How's my build looking fellas. I already have a corsair 750w psu in my current build that i plan on using along with dvd dl burner. I also have a 2tb drive in it that's pretty empty as i haven't used my old build in months since i moved and i had just got the drive. I switched to 60 dollar case instead of the 160 corsair case and used the extra 100 bucks and upgraded from the 560 to the 570. I did see in the op that the 2500k can be had for a nice price at mc just need to find a way to get up to yonkers and buy one and save me another 30bucks plus the 40 from the mail in rebate. If anyone can help or give any suggestions please do. This is my first build since 2007. Also i have a 24inch monitor with the res 1920 x 1200.
post #23 of 28 Old 06-12-2011, 01:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Everything looks good but I'd recommend getting a minimum 120 gig ssd drive. ^4 after your os and other thing will only leave you with 30-35 gigs or so. That's 3 games and you never want to fill an ssd, their performance becomes erratic when they are near full.

Everything else looks fine. I've done the 64 gig SSD and it's more of a pain in the but than it's worth.

post #24 of 28 Old 06-12-2011, 03:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post

Everything looks good but I'd recommend getting a minimum 120 gig ssd drive. ^4 after your os and other thing will only leave you with 30-35 gigs or so. That's 3 games and you never want to fill an ssd, their performance becomes erratic when they are near full.

Everything else looks fine. I've done the 64 gig SSD and it's more of a pain in the but than it's worth.

Thanks dogg i'll go searching and see what i can find. Trying not to spend to much on a ssd thats why i chose the 64gig. I'll be back with my findings.
post #25 of 28 Old 06-12-2011, 04:06 PM
AVS Special Member

How about a Alienware laptop 14" for a gaming rig? I like the idea of being able to take it with me if I go on a trip and like the form factor for putting it next to my PS3 and 360 at home. My only worry is that it can't handle 1080p 60fps on my tv since it was built for mobile gaming at a lower resolution. (the maxed out version says it can run Crysis 2 at max settings, but at what resolution?) I also want to be able to run a PS2 and Wii emulator at 1080p (the games look great at a higher resolution after all) and I know these take a lot of power to run...

Another question is how many games natively support a 360 controller?

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #26 of 28 Old 06-12-2011, 08:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodedSoldier View Post
Thanks dogg i'll go searching and see what i can find. Trying not to spend to much on a ssd thats why i chose the 64gig. I'll be back with my findings.
There are sales on the ocz vertex 2 on newegg. The firmware is pretty solid on the V2's, $169 after mail in: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820227551

The Crucial C300 128 drive is also a real winner! I've seen them for under $200 now and then. I just got the new Crucial M4 128gig and it seems to be solid (pretty much the same as the C300 with a updated firmware and different nand)

post #27 of 28 Old 03-02-2013, 10:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

So, I built this PC back in May of 2011. It's going to be two years old here in another couple months. It's basically an i5 2500k and a 560 Ti. It's been holding up pretty well, all things considered. However... I really haven't played too many games that are extremely demanding on the PC. I've never played Metro 2033 or The Witcher 2 or even Battlefield 3. I haven't even played Skyrim with any of it's crazy mods. All the games that I have played, have performed very well at maximum settings, but I'm mostly playing through a backlog that consists of many games from 2008, 2009 and 2010. These aren't the most up to date, demanding games.

I'm not sure how a game like Far Cry 3 would do on my system.

I did recently get this MaLDo 4.0 mod for Crysis 2. It makes a bunch of changes to Crysis 2, and uses textures that are so much more detailed than the regular version. It seems to be holding up pretty well, without getting too choppy. At times it can be a bit choppy, but the graphics are just so amazing that I'm willing to live with some issues.

Still.... Let's say I had $300 to $350 to spend on a video card. Which card would you get to go into this system ? Check the first post for the precise motherboard specs and such. Also, the SeaSonic S12II 520 Bronze 520 is only 520 watts, but I think it out performs a lot of mediocre 750 watt type PSU's. It's an extremely solid PSU, but maybe not strong enough for certain cards.
post #28 of 28 Old 03-04-2013, 06:37 AM

Liked: 21
In your price range, you're looking at a 660 Ti or a 7950. If what I'm reading is correct, the 660 Ti uses about 20W less than your 560 Ti and the 7950 uses about 30W more, so power on your PSU may be tight with the 7950. The 7950 comes with Bioshock Infinite and Crysis 3. The 660 Ti comes with $150 of F2P cash on certain games. Performance wise, the cards are pretty even. Either of these cards is a decent upgrade over your 560 Ti, but I'm not sure your going to see a $300 difference. If you do upgrade, spend a little extra and get one that's factory OC'd and has a good, quiet, aftermarket cooler.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HTPC Gaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page