Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 109 Old 09-13-2011, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 195
I just got to the part where the DLC is supposed to cover, and maybe it's just me but despite the 'missing time' it doesn't seem to make sense to the story that there's going to be stuff added in there.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #93 of 109 Old 09-13-2011, 03:03 PM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 822 Post(s)
Liked: 1001
Same here. I don't see how 'rebuilding your character from stratch' makes sense there. Idk but I'm sure I'll be a big sucker and get the dlc anyway. DXHR was pretty good. Makes me want to play it again or go back and play the first one for the umpteenth time.

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

post #94 of 109 Old 09-16-2011, 09:52 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Another patch released for DXHR.
Quote:

Fixes:
- We have addressed various issues that can occur for players that would result in stuttering'.
o Stutters that are the result of graphics driver shader processing are now removed or significantly reduced.
o Stutters that are the result of data streaming have been removed or significantly reduced.
o Performance has been improved and made more stable on dual-core systems. This could previously also result in stuttering.
- Fixed issue where some players couldn't complete the Motherly Ties side quest.
- Fixed an issue where doors in Omega Ranch sometimes wouldn't open.
- The TYM medical card should no longer fall through the table if an NPC's body comes into contact with the card. Players already stuck in this area will need to revert to a previous save before the card fell through.
- Occasional hangs for some players during video-playback have been fixed.
- A crash on startup when running DX11 on a single-core CPU has been fixed.
- An issue causing Eyefinity setups to not be correctly detected for some players has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue where the HUD would get permanently disabled for some players.
- Fixed certain issues that caused the mouse cursor to be able to leave the game-screen on multi-monitor setups.
- Fixed an issue that caused the mouse cursor to not be visible in-game when the user has mouse trails enabled in Windows. We still recommend disabling mouse trails for a smoother in-game mouse cursor.
- Fixed issue where ammo count for collected guns is incorrect when Adams weapon is augmented.
- In DX9 mode:
o Fixed error message for some users when trying to use FXAA Medium or FXAA Low anti aliasing modes.
o Fixed shadow-mapping lines' on some graphics hardware when using anisotropic filtering.

Feature Additions:
- The Enter and Numpad-Enter keys can now be bound to game actions in the keyboard control menu.
- Intro logos can now be skipped on all but the first run of the game.
- Added windowed mode.
o Selectable in the menu, and can be toggled between windowed, fullscreen, and fullscreen windowed using ALT-ENTER.
- Added an option to change the text language of the game. This setting only changes the text language, the audio is controlled by the language option in Steam.

On top of this we are continuing to monitor for any issues that may need to be addressed in a future patch. One extra feature we can already confirm for a future patch is support for Nvidia 3DVision and Nvidia Surround.

Nice to see them addressing the stuttering issues. Although I've already "addressed" for myself by buying a new processor

Gamer Tag: Todd Stevens
post #95 of 109 Old 09-19-2011, 06:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 139
I am loving this game so far, good ole fashioned pc gaming. The attention to detail in this game is superb.
post #96 of 109 Old 10-08-2011, 12:27 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm pretty much near the end of this. I still am enjoying it a lot, but I hate how in this (Invisible War had the same problem too) while there were some different decisions you could make throughout, the ending seems to be coming down to one single decision that two different sides have suggested options for. Where's the subtlety?

post #97 of 109 Old 10-08-2011, 12:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

I'm pretty much near the end of this. I still am enjoying it a lot, but I hate how in this (Invisible War had the same problem too) while there were some different decisions you could make throughout, the ending seems to be coming down to one single decision that two different sides have suggested options for. Where's the subtlety?

There's more than one ending. If you played the game all the way through you should have 4-5 different endings to pick from.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
post #98 of 109 Old 10-08-2011, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

There's more than one ending. If you played the game all the way through you should have 4-5 different endings to pick from.

Okay, I haven't gotten quite to the end yet, like I said. I think I'm still a few rooms away from it. It just seems that one side is saying to do one thing, and one side is saying to do the opposite as a big decision at the end of the game, which is the exact same issue Deus Ex Invisible War had with the endings... it didn't actually matter what you did through the game, it all just came down to one decision at the end.

Edit: Yeah, just finished it, and it wasn't completely like I thought, never mind.

post #99 of 109 Old 10-13-2011, 09:33 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
This is the first game I am playing on my new gaming rig. Have it hooked up to my LCD tv playing at 1080p. To me graphics look great. My roommate begs to differ. I have everything maxed out. Is there a way to check fps and are the cut scenes suppose to kinda have this hazy look/feel to it?

Love sports, movies, and games. Slowly some day I'll add a projector and screen. Until then, I'll build up my library.
post #100 of 109 Old 10-13-2011, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: guarding my retirement igloo...with a McMillan TAC-50 long range sniper rifle
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpnaz480 View Post

this is the first game i am playing on my new gaming rig. Have it hooked up to my lcd tv playing at 1080p. To me graphics look great. My roommate begs to differ. I have everything maxed out. Is there a way to check fps and are the cut scenes suppose to kinda have this hazy look/feel to it?

FRAPS to check FPS

You do not stop playing because you get old...
You get old because you stop playing.
post #101 of 109 Old 10-13-2011, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Deus Ex has graphics that look more like Half Life 2 than anything modern, don't get your hopes up.

Xbox Live / PS3 / Steam: HeadRusch1
Keeping the world safe from the evil antics of Bernie Tanaka and Mel Fujitsu since 1986

post #102 of 109 Old 10-13-2011, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadRusch View Post

Deus Ex has graphics that look more like Half Life 2 than anything modern, don't get your hopes up.

So more cartoonish like? I have yet to try dead island and dead space 2

Love sports, movies, and games. Slowly some day I'll add a projector and screen. Until then, I'll build up my library.
post #103 of 109 Old 10-13-2011, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Cartoonish, hard to say, to me it looks like a game built off 3, 4 year old technology. Like, to me, Doom 3 looks more graphically advanced than Deus Ex does. not sure if that is cartoonish or just the style of the game, looks more "cell shaded" than the types of hyper-realistic shading and reflections we see in games today.

To be honest, from the little I have played of deux ex, it looks like an Xbox 1 title running in High Resolution. Not really the game to show off the hot new system...

Dead Island looks prettier but its a console port, expect lots of pop in of objects and such.

Keeping the world safe from the evil antics of Bernie Tanaka and Mel Fujitsu since 1986

post #104 of 109 Old 10-13-2011, 10:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpnaz480 View Post

This is the first game I am playing on my new gaming rig. Have it hooked up to my LCD tv playing at 1080p. To me graphics look great. My roommate begs to differ. I have everything maxed out. Is there a way to check fps and are the cut scenes suppose to kinda have this hazy look/feel to it?

The graphics are okay but nothing special. I expected better but have seen far worse.

Although created using in-game graphics, the cutscenes are not presented realtime. Instead the game shows you an obviously compressed video of the cutscenes. That's why they look so crappy compared to the game.
post #105 of 109 Old 10-13-2011, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

not sure of your specs (probably buried earlier in the thread) but get yourself some crysis or crysis 2 love, or perhaps Dirt 2 or 3 or heck, go grab SPLIT SECOND for the PC at 1080p, thats a very pretty game to look at while you're blasting down the road.......

Deus Ex is a good game, but graphically its really very, very dated. That isn't a bad thing, in fact...the new Deus Ex games remind me of the OLD Deus Ex games....good for people who totally love the series...not so good for people who are looking for more cutting edge though.

post #106 of 109 Old 10-13-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:

Cartoonish, hard to say, to me it looks like a game built off 3, 4 year old technology. Like, to me, Doom 3 looks more graphically advanced than Deus Ex does. not sure if that is cartoonish or just the style of the game, looks more "cell shaded" than the types of hyper-realistic shading and reflections we see in games today.

That's more what I meant. Not cartoonish but looks kind of older

post #107 of 109 Old 10-13-2011, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Yeah, I like to call it "Clean". Ok I like to call it freakin old fashioned and WTF were they thinking...but I digress. Everything in that game looks like ass.....the vehicles, the fires, etc....but the game isn't about graphics its about tactics so really the graphics take 2nd stage. Its just built to look like its borderline cell-shaded (borderlands) etc....

post #108 of 109 Old 10-13-2011, 11:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

not sure of your specs (probably buried earlier in the thread) but get yourself some crysis or crysis 2 love, or perhaps Dirt 2 or 3 or heck, go grab SPLIT SECOND for the PC at 1080p, thats a very pretty game to look at while you're blasting down the road.......

Deus Ex is a good game, but graphically its really very, very dated. That isn't a bad thing, in fact...the new Deus Ex games remind me of the OLD Deus Ex games....good for people who totally love the series...not so good for people who are looking for more cutting edge though.

Dirt 3 at 1080p looks amazing on my home theater.
post #109 of 109 Old 10-13-2011, 06:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 139
To call the gtx 4 yrs outdated seems a bit much. I played this game at max everything, 1080p. The game is gorgeous. The animation is top notch. Lighting is great. The artistic style isn't trying to be real so if you do not like that, fine, but the game is far from ugly
Reply HTPC Gaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page