No wonder hardly anybody is gaming on a 2560 x 1600 monitor... they cost a fortune! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 67 Old 05-11-2011, 10:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 148
I was thinking that after I build my gaming PC, I'm going to need to make a decision between getting a 1920 x 1080 monitor, or a 2560 x 1600 monitor. Little did I know that you need basically a grand to get a decent 2560 x 1600 monitor. YIKES.

It pretty much makes it a no-brainer that I'm going to roll with 1080p. As much as I'd love to experience 2560 x 1600, there just seems to be too many problems with it:

1. Cost = Obviously this is the big one. You need around $900 to even think about a 2560 x 1600 monitor.

2. Size = I don't really want a giant arse 30 incher staring at me in the face. I mean, don't get it twisted... the bigger the better, but I just don't have the room for a 30 inch screen in the spot where my PC goes. In fact, 24 inches is probably bigger than I should get. I should really be looking at a 22 incher or 23 incher

3. Quality = Just because you're getting a 2560 x 1600 monitor, and it costs so freaking much, you're naturally expecting it to be one of the best monitors you've ever seen. Well, I'm sure it's amazing for the certain games that will run smoothly at that resolution, but what about everything else? Do you really want all your icons and everything to be so freaking tiny? Even on a 30 inch screen I would imagine they are pretty tiny. What about browsing the internet. Can you get the pages to open up the right way? Basically what about everything else you do on the computer besides gaming at 1600p. How does everything else look? Does everything need to be upscaled to 1600p? If so, I'm sure some of it looks like crap.

I'm not trying to be a hater or anything, but I'm just not seeing the appeal of a 30 inch, $1000 PC monitor. If I had money to burn... sure... why not. But man... spending one grand on a 30 inch screen? That 1 grand could go towards a better projector.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 67 Old 05-11-2011, 11:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: guarding my retirement igloo...with a McMillan TAC-50 long range sniper rifle
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Unless you tried something that might be better, you will never know. If it's outside of your budget then that's OK too, just don't justify it as being impractical just because of the $$$$ or space requirements that is required to play. If you can afford a 30" 2560x1600 monitor then you can afford to get the appropriate hardware to drive it and make the space.

OFF soap box.

I used a lot of monitors and large LED HDTVs for all my systems. I do the 37", 42" and 60" HDTVs with my HTPCs. I do Triples 23.6" 1080p monitors but only on my sim (race) rig and I still use a Dell 30" for all my other gaming needs (and other stuff). Only thing that the 2560x1600 doe not do well is upscaling movies (DVD or BluRay). They just don't look great, passable but not great.

FWIF...all just IMHO stuff.

You do not stop playing because you get old...
You get old because you stop playing.
post #3 of 67 Old 05-11-2011, 11:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker View Post

Unless you tried something that might be better, you will never know. If it's outside of your budget then that's OK too, just don't justify it as being impractical just because of the $$$$ or space requirements that is required to play. If you can afford a 30" 2560x1600 monitor then you can afford to get the appropriate hardware to drive it and make the space.

OFF soap box.

I used a lot of monitors and large LED HDTVs for all my systems. I do the 37", 42" and 60" HDTVs with my HTPCs. I do Triples 23.6" 1080p monitors but only on my sim (race) rig and I still use a Dell 30" for all my other gaming needs (and other stuff). Only thing that the 2560x1600 doe not do well is upscaling movies (DVD or BluRay). They just don't look great, passable but not great.

FWIF...all just IMHO stuff.

Honestly, if I had an extra lounge type room in my house that I could put a 30 inch display, that was totally dedicated to PC gaming, then that would be a pretty cool thing. Unfortunately, right now, I don't have a place to put the damn thing. I could use it as my primary computer monitor, but I don't think I'd want it as my primary computer monitor. I think the resolution would be too wonky for the type of normal every day stuff that I'd want to do on my PC. Sure, anytime that I'm gaming, and I have enough horsepower to run a game effectively at 2560 x 1600, it would be awesome to do so. But, I'm not running two GTX 580's in SLI or anything like that. I got a GTX 560 Ti, but I only have one of them.

I honestly don't know how many games I could play with decent framerates with only a single 560 Ti. So, you put that into the equation, plus the huge cost, plus the fact that other things would look kinda screwy (at least I imagine they would), and it just doesn't make a lot of sense (for me). If I could go buy one for $300, I probably would, so pricing is a huge factor.
post #4 of 67 Old 05-11-2011, 11:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

Honestly, if I had an extra lounge type room in my house that I could put a 30 inch display, that was totally dedicated to PC gaming, then that would be a pretty cool thing. Unfortunately, right now, I don't have a place to put the damn thing. I could use it as my primary computer monitor, but I don't think I'd want it as my primary computer monitor. I think the resolution would be too wonky for the type of normal every day stuff that I'd want to do on my PC. Sure, anytime that I'm gaming, and I have enough horsepower to run a game effectively at 2560 x 1600, it would be awesome to do so. But, I'm not running two GTX 580's in SLI or anything like that. I got a GTX 560 Ti, but I only have one of them.

I honestly don't know how many games I could play with decent framerates with only a single 560 Ti. So, you put that into the equation, plus the huge cost, plus the fact that other things would look kinda screwy (at least I imagine they would), and it just doesn't make a lot of sense (for me). If I could go buy one for $300, I probably would, so pricing is a huge factor.

Maybe this would work better for you. Great monitor, in-between size and IPS panel to boot.

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-UltraShar.../dp/B0039648BO

or this. One of the better 24" LCDs and it is also an IPS panel.

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-UltraShar.../dp/B00302DNZ4
post #5 of 67 Old 05-12-2011, 05:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 303
that 27" dell is a great monitor! 30" is pretty big but if you ever get the chance to play on one, you'll be hooked!!!.
I have my benQ 24" 241w, one of the best 24" ISP monitors to ever some out and I still love to play on it. But once the 30" Dell came into action, I pretty much put the BenQ away, even though it's a superior monitor when ISF calibrated. The 30" is just that much better

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

post #6 of 67 Old 05-12-2011, 09:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I have a Dell u2711. It's well worth the money.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
post #7 of 67 Old 05-13-2011, 12:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Just my opinion...

I have played on high end 27's and 30's and I think they are highly over-rated, I mean sure it's prettier but it is not a night and day difference from 1080p/1200p. To me the over-all pc gaming experience does not really take a big leap until you get a capable gaming rig running on a big screen 1080p hdtv (50"+) or 1080p front projection system. I'll take that experience any day of the week over a high rez 27" or 30". I wanted one for a while until I played on them and realized most of what is claimed is just hyperbole from buyers that are OCD about being cutting edge. I suffer from that affliction as well but please trust me when I say the experience is over-rated.

Jason

My Twitch Game Stream [PS4/Xone/PC]...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 67 Old 05-13-2011, 07:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

Just my opinion...

I wanted one for a while until I played on them and realized most of what is claimed is just hyperbole from buyers that are OCD about being cutting edge.
Jason

I have been called a lot of things but never OCD. I'll take that as a compliment.
post #9 of 67 Old 05-13-2011, 07:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

I have a Dell u2711. It's well worth the money.

+1 Dell higher end monitors are great. The "pack ins" with their package deals are crap as are their PCs.
post #10 of 67 Old 05-13-2011, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 40
I'm happy with my 27-inch 1080p HP LCD. It might be generic but it gets the job done and I can play any game I have with the effects turned up. Sure wish I had waited for a price drop though. $400 bucks is what I paid for it at the time (27-inch monitors were kinda rare when it came out) and the model that replaced it is going for $300.
post #11 of 67 Old 05-13-2011, 03:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Just my opinion...

I have played on high end 27's and 30's and I think they are highly over-rated, I mean sure it's prettier but it is not a night and day difference from 1080p/1200p. To me the over-all pc gaming experience does not really take a big leap until you get a capable gaming rig running on a big screen 1080p hdtv (50"+) or 1080p front projection system. I'll take that experience any day of the week over a high rez 27" or 30". I wanted one for a while until I played on them and realized most of what is claimed is just hyperbole from buyers that are OCD about being cutting edge. I suffer from that affliction as well but please trust me when I say the experience is over-rated.

Jason

Wow, you must need glasses if you can't see the difference between 1920x1080 vs 2560x1600 . Or is it a case of you can't afford one, so you call it crap? I don't know anyone that went from a 19-24" screen to a 27-30" and though it was crappy, well other that you of course lol

post #12 of 67 Old 05-13-2011, 03:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackssr View Post

I have been called a lot of things but never OCD. I'll take that as a compliment.

It is in a sense, was not meant as a put down, I am OCD as well .

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post

Wow, you must need glasses if you can't see the difference between 1920x1080 vs 2560x1600 . Or is it a case of you can't afford one, so you call it crap? I don't know anyone that went from a 19-24" screen to a 27-30" and though it was crappy, well other that you of course lol

Now you are just being rude, did you even read what I said?

I have better than 20/20 actually and I stated it is "prettier" and never called it "crap". I would also be willing to bet based upon your very immature response that I can afford many more of these displays than you can so please refrain from your childish banter. I could purchase several of these on a whim if I desired but I do not feel the increase in resolution justifies their price tag, nor would I enjoy playing on them more than a much larger display. I have two friends that own very high end 27" and 30" displays, they each have two (one has dual 27's and the other dual 30's). So I have played on both and experienced all that they offer, they look nice but are not a night and day difference from a higher end 1080p/1200p monitor (plain and simple and anyone stating otherwise is either resolution obsessed [ocd] or tossing out the hyperbole for the sake of purchase justification). Even the friends that own these displays agree than they are very nice but not a massive leap over their previous 1080p displays (one even claims his previous 1080p display out performs the 30's even though the 30" looks slightly better due to the added pixel fill).

Do yourself a favor and do not twist peoples words to suit your response simply because you disagree with someone else's opinion, you are the one that ends up looking foolish.

Jason

post #13 of 67 Old 05-13-2011, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

You know, I recently tried a bunch of games on my 50 inch plasma in 1080p. I tried the demos for:

Batman Arkham Asylum
Crysis
DiRT 2
Just Cause 2

While all the games looked good running at 1080p on the 50 inch screen, it really didn't look "that" much better than an Xbox 360 or PS3. I mean.... yeah... it looked slightly better, but it wasn't a super obvious thing. It's like if I had Just Cause 2 running on the 360 and running on the PC, and I quickly switched back and forth between the two inputs I'd see a difference but not the difference I was expecting.

I didn't get to try it for too long, and it was during daytime hours with some sunlight coming in. Maybe I just need to play it in the dark.

I don't have a 1080p projector yet, but I'm definitely hoping to get one sometime soon.
post #14 of 67 Old 05-13-2011, 10:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

It is in a sense, was not meant as a put down, I am OCD as well .

Now you are just being rude, did you even read what I said?

I have better than 20/20 actually and I stated it is "prettier" and never called it "crap". I would also be willing to bet based upon your very immature response that I can afford many more of these displays than you can so please refrain from your childish banter. I could purchase several of these on a whim if I desired but I do not feel the increase in resolution justifies their price tag, nor would I enjoy playing on them more than a much larger display. I have two friends that own very high end 27" and 30" displays, they each have two (one has dual 27's and the other dual 30's). So I have played on both and experienced all that they offer, they look nice but are not a night and day difference from a higher end 1080p/1200p monitor (plain and simple and anyone stating otherwise is either resolution obsessed [ocd] or tossing out the hyperbole for the sake of purchase justification). Even the friends that own these displays agree than they are very nice but not a massive leap over their previous 1080p displays (one even claims his previous 1080p display out performs the 30's even though the 30" looks slightly better due to the added pixel fill).

Do yourself a favor and do not twist peoples words to suit your response simply because you disagree with someone else's opinion, you are the one that ends up looking foolish.

Jason

Ok topgun . You say there is not much of a difference but when you have a rig capable of that res with good frame rate, it's a pretty big difference, if not, you have a terrible display or need glasses.
Your post was poo pooing bigger displays when in fact you don't even own one, just "friends" do.

Keep that post count up, it makes you look more important

post #15 of 67 Old 05-13-2011, 10:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Quote:

You know, I recently tried a bunch of games on my 50 inch plasma in 1080p. I tried the demos for:

Batman Arkham Asylum
Crysis
DiRT 2
Just Cause 2

While all the games looked good running at 1080p on the 50 inch screen, it really didn't look "that" much better than an Xbox 360 or PS3. I mean.... yeah... it looked slightly better, but it wasn't a super obvious thing. It's like if I had Just Cause 2 running on the 360 and running on the PC, and I quickly switched back and forth between the two inputs I'd see a difference but not the difference I was expecting.

I didn't get to try it for too long, and it was during daytime hours with some sunlight coming in. Maybe I just need to play it in the dark.

I don't have a 1080p projector yet, but I'm definitely hoping to get one sometime soon.

Well other than 1080p what were the rest of your settings. It's kind of hard to make an non-assumptive judgement based on what you've said without knowing the rest of the details.

post #16 of 67 Old 05-13-2011, 10:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:

Batman Arkham Asylum
Crysis
DiRT 2
Just Cause 2

Assuming you were running maximum visual settings, it is weird that you thought the difference in the overall experience was only slight. Perhaps you would come away much more impressed if you had done a more direct comparison with the cross-platform games.

Aside from better texture quality/draw distance and actual 1080p rendering, high levels of anti-aliasing and 16x anisotropic filtering should nicely favor the PC. This is not even touching upon better frame rates.
post #17 of 67 Old 05-14-2011, 01:03 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post

Ok topgun . You say there is not much of a difference but when you have a rig capable of that res with good frame rate, it's a pretty big difference, if not, you have a terrible display or need glasses.
Your post was poo pooing bigger displays when in fact you don't even own one, just "friends" do.

Keep that post count up, it makes you look more important

Wow and not even so much as an apology for stating things that I simply did not say, it should be pretty obvious to anyone reading along now what type of person you are so I'll let your immature posts speak for themselves and move along (hopefully this time you'll be mature enough to do the same and we can agree to disagree without you tossing out more insults).

Regards,
Jason

post #18 of 67 Old 05-14-2011, 01:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Batman Arkham Asylum
Crysis
DiRT 2
Just Cause 2

To me the difference is pretty obvious with many games but of course it will vary game to game as some pc games are not really pushing the hardware (and of course recently we have been seeing console ports). Batman is very obvious to me when comparing pc to console when all settings are maxed out so maybe you just need to get things tweaked a bit more on the pc. Are you sure you had the tv calibrated properly for the pc, don't samsung displays still require the input to be named "PC" before they properly process the full range 0-255 RGB signal from a pc.

The original Crysis demo with the Very High tweak is truly something to see, have yet to see any console come anywhere close to that one (next gen maybe).

The bigger your screen the more you'll appreciate the pc vs consoles. Playing at a desk is still fun but it falls short of a well set up front projection system. Given a choice of playing on a 100"+/720p+ front projection set-up vs a 30" or less 1080p+ pc monitor I'll pick the 100"+ every time, it makes for an entirely different gaming experience and having that pc graphic advantage makes it that much more enjoyable.

Best of Luck,
Jason

post #19 of 67 Old 05-14-2011, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Wow and not even so much as an apology for stating things that I simply did not say, it should be pretty obvious to anyone reading along now what type of person you are so I'll let your immature posts speak for themselves and move along (hopefully this time you'll be mature enough to do the same and we can agree to disagree without you tossing out more insults).

Regards,
Jason

get over your self.
You say they are "highly overrated" and "I wanted one for a while until I played on them and realized most of what is claimed is just hyperbole from buyers that are OCD about being cutting edge. I suffer from that affliction as well but please trust me when I say the experience is over-rated"

So you're telling us that the people that buy them are ocd and they are over rated and "reading between the lines" not to waste our money because the experience is over rated according to you. Yet, you don't have one. You tell us that gaming on a projector is much better (which it is of course) but seem not to be able to figure out that some people play at a desk, or a table and the gaming experience needs to be on pc monitor and not a full sized TV. Then your options are the biggest sized pc monitor you can get to fit in the space you will be playing in and as budget will allow. EG: A 30" dell U3011 or even the new 30" hp would be the best bet if you can afford it and it will fit in the space you game in. There are tons of awesome displays but almost everyone will get the biggest display they can afford. Otherwise why do you have a 50", you should stick to A 19 and be happy right?

So if this criteria was to be met, what would you do? hummmmmm.
Nothing, you'd stick to your crt 19" and tell us how awesome it is lol

This isn't the 360 forum where you normally reside.

post #20 of 67 Old 05-14-2011, 08:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Does it matter what forum he normally resides on? You know you can keep this personal through PM, stop spamming the thread.

post #21 of 67 Old 05-14-2011, 11:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

Does it matter what forum he normally resides on? You know you can keep this personal through PM, stop spamming the thread.

You should go see the posts on the 360 forum, then maybe you'd understand.

post #22 of 67 Old 05-14-2011, 11:23 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
I wrote out a longer reply, then it got erased when switching pages and encountering an error, so I copied this from another post i made instead of retyping it.

I used a Dell 30" 2560x1600 computer monitor for the last 4 years. It was the 3007wfp- high color model and the latest revision. I got a little drunk and ran into on of those undercover animal abuse videos and got so mad i punched my screen, oops.. I then had to use my old Tv for awhile while i researched what to buy next. I kid you not, my 5 year old Sharp lc26sh12u blew the doors off my Dell with its black level, contrast, vibrant colors and brightness and hugely improved pixel response time. I liked it so much im still looking for Sharp Tv's to upgrade to. However, i went the 3D route (thank the gods [i almost didn't]) and can't afford the Sharps in 3D yet.

Bigger TV's are one thing, but its really field of view thats important to me personally. I don't mind pulling the screen closer to me. I keep wondering why they don't make a small 15" surround HMD and call it good. One company made an HMD with 3D and head tracking (HEAD TRACKING!!!) but gave it a whopping 800x600 #$@ $%#@ resolution. I do miss the resolution of 2560x1600, but mainly for desktop mode. Can't wait for those 4K TV's i keep hearing about.

post #23 of 67 Old 05-15-2011, 03:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Thanks for trying to interject some reason pcweber, I appreciate it.

It's ok, let's all just move along and let him be, he'll give it up once he realizes he has already failed by attacking someone just because they have a different opinion than he does regarding an item that he owns. This seems like nothing more than purchase justification and it happens on AVS daily, no big deal and certainly not worth arguing over, some just get carried away and feel the need to take comments about a product personally .

He feels the high rez displays are worth it and I feel they are not, that's all that needs to be said, two different opinions and nothing more, that's exactly what the thread was created for... varying opinions. I know Anthony fairly well here at AVS and we have discussed many products via PM and e-mail, he appreciates other opinions. I accept and respect N8's opinion, but he seems to be unwilling to accept mine for some odd reason and resorts to insults and twisting my words to suit his agenda of trying to discredit me instead of simply stating his opinion and moving along.

Obviously the areas of AVS where I 'hang out' has little to do with anything and he's just reaching for anything else he can. I spend very little time posting in the 360 forum actually, I now avoid it most of the time due to things just like this happening there too frequently (you cannot express an opinion in there either much of time without some disagreeing member tossing out insults or calling you names). It's sad that so many people choose to handle themselves in such an immature manner on the internet these days (especially in what is considered to be an ADULT forum).

*N8, please simply add me to your ignore list since you seem to have a deep seeded hatred for me and we can move along with no further disruption and no hard feelings. This is not what AVS is here for. I apologize to you for whatever it is that you feel I have done even though I recall nothing . Sorry!

Regards,
Jason

post #24 of 67 Old 05-15-2011, 03:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tory40 View Post

I used a Dell 30" 2560x1600 computer monitor for the last 4 years. It was the 3007wfp- high color model and the latest revision. I got a little drunk and ran into on of those undercover animal abuse videos and got so mad i punched my screen, oops.. I then had to use my old Tv for awhile while i researched what to buy next. I kid you not, my 5 year old Sharp lc26sh12u blew the doors off my Dell with its black level, contrast, vibrant colors and brightness and hugely improved pixel response time. I liked it so much im still looking for Sharp Tv's to upgrade to. However, i went the 3D route (thank the gods [i almost didn't]) and can't afford the Sharps in 3D yet.

Your experience is very similar to my friend that owns the dual 30's. His previous 1080p display was superior on many counts (other than resolution) and he admits that the over-all image looked better on the 24" 1080p display for many of the same reasons you mentioned. He just happens to luv the size of the 30's (desktop real estate) and there I do agree, especially having 2 of them at his desk, it's pretty damn slick.

Jason

post #25 of 67 Old 05-15-2011, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I apologize to you for whatever it is that you feel I have done even though I recall nothing.

I submit this for AVS Most Hilarious Apology of 2010.
post #26 of 67 Old 05-15-2011, 12:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJonathan View Post

I submit this for AVS Most Hilarious Apology of 2010.

Umm, it's 2011.

Jason

post #27 of 67 Old 05-15-2011, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well other than 1080p what were the rest of your settings. It's kind of hard to make an non-assumptive judgement based on what you've said without knowing the rest of the details.

If you're talking about the settings on the PC, I pretty much had everything maxed out. So far, I haven't seen a game really stress my 560 Ti too hard yet. So, I've been turning up all the settings about as high as I can get them. I only tried playing those games one time on that 50 inch plasma. It was during the daytime,with some sunlight coming in, so not exactly ideal conditions to be judging picture quality. Still, the visual jump from console seemed much more muted than I would have expected. I know that many console games run at resolutions lower than true 720p, so I figured that seeing true 1080p would be a pretty huge jump. It just didn't seem extraordinarily better than the same console game. Just Cause 2 looked really, really pretty, but I don't think it would be one of those scenarios where somebody would walk in the room and say, "oh my god, that looks SO much better than the 360 version". If somebody was sitting there for a long time watching it, they might notice that it does indeed look superior to the console version, but I don't think it would have been an immediate revelation.

Having said all of this, again, I've only tried this once, and I haven't tried Bulletstorm on there. The Bulletstorm demo is the most impressive thing that I've seen so far on the PC. It's orgasmic in it's visual quality. I'm tried of all the browns and grays and muted colors, and Bulletstorm is a visual feast of color. I really need to try that on the plasma.
post #28 of 67 Old 05-15-2011, 01:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks for trying to interject some reason pcweber, I appreciate it.

It's ok, let's all just move along and let him be, he'll give it up once he realizes he has already failed by attacking someone just because they have a different opinion than he does regarding an item that he owns. This seems like nothing more than purchase justification and it happens on AVS daily, no big deal and certainly not worth arguing over, some just get carried away and feel the need to take comments about a product personally .

He feels the high rez displays are worth it and I feel they are not, that's all that needs to be said, two different opinions and nothing more, that's exactly what the thread was created for... varying opinions. I know Anthony fairly well here at AVS and we have discussed many products via PM and e-mail, he appreciates other opinions. I accept and respect N8's opinion, but he seems to be unwilling to accept mine for some odd reason and resorts to insults and twisting my words to suit his agenda of trying to discredit me instead of simply stating his opinion and moving along.

Obviously the areas of AVS where I 'hang out' has little to do with anything and he's just reaching for anything else he can. I spend very little time posting in the 360 forum actually, I now avoid it most of the time due to things just like this happening there too frequently (you cannot express an opinion in there either much of time without some disagreeing member tossing out insults or calling you names). It's sad that so many people choose to handle themselves in such an immature manner on the internet these days (especially in what is considered to be an ADULT forum).

*N8, please simply add me to your ignore list since you seem to have a deep seeded hatred for me and we can move along with no further disruption and no hard feelings. This is not what AVS is here for. I apologize to you for whatever it is that you feel I have done even though I recall nothing . Sorry!

Regards,
Jason

LOL Man, can you not see that your first posts was a arrogant stab at anyone that would buy a bigger display? You didn't just give your opinion, you also added a few insults to anyone buying one because you think they are overrated. You don't like it? fine but don't tell the people that do have one that they have ocd and they wasted their money.

post #29 of 67 Old 05-15-2011, 02:34 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
I should mention, i now use a 46" screen that is 3' from me and i love it in games, especially in 3D. When in desktop/surfing mode, thats another story because of the low resolution.

post #30 of 67 Old 05-20-2011, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Bigger resolution is not always better, I prefer max settings. I don't think most games are really programmed to support bigger resolutions than 1080p (or 1200). I mean, to show valuable information beyond that.

But that's only about games. I have a 1080p monitor and would really love to have a 30'' with bigger resolution, so I could have more windows open at the same time.
Reply HTPC Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page