Diablo 3 - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #271 of 794 Old 05-28-2012, 03:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
vpn75's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,614
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard View Post

The numbers in yellow are in fact Critical hits. I have seen video of player having every number pops (white for normal hits, green + for the healing, etc) but that was probably using a mods (like for WoW) and they are bannable by Blizzard

The damage and healing numbers are actually an option that you can enable from the game menu. It doesn't require any mod. I actually prefer it as I like to know how much damage I'm doing though it does clutter up the display.

I came across my first legendary item today in act 4 normal. Its stats weren't too impressive though.

PSN/XBOX Live: Destro75
BattleNet Tag: BaronessMD#1680

Steam: vpnath

Gaming PC: i7 3770K OC 4.2Ghz, 16GB RAM, EVGA GTX 670 FTW Dual-SLI

vpn75 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #272 of 794 Old 05-28-2012, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Dashboard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montréal, Québec
Posts: 1,905
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpn75 View Post

The damage and healing numbers are actually an option that you can enable from the game menu. It doesn't require any mod. I actually prefer it as I like to know how much damage I'm doing though it does clutter up the display.

I came across my first legendary item today in act 4 normal. Its stats weren't too impressive though.

Good to know, thanks.

I might give it a try to see. Nephalem Valor buff is crazy to farm money and items. Didn't find any legendary with the buff yet, but lots and lots of rare items (and blues )
Dashboard is offline  
post #273 of 794 Old 05-28-2012, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Archaea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 5,786
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 559
Is it just me or is the Monk far superior to the other chars?

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"
Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
2012 KC Blind Sub Shootout
My Subwoofer Recommendations by Pricepoint
Archaea is online now  
post #274 of 794 Old 05-28-2012, 08:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JukeBox360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 6,654
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post

Is it just me or is the Monk far superior to the other chars?

It's just you :P
JukeBox360 is offline  
post #275 of 794 Old 05-29-2012, 05:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Dashboard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montréal, Québec
Posts: 1,905
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post

Is it just me or is the Monk far superior to the other chars?

In normal yeah, it is impossible to die with Transcendance (heal you everytime you use spirit) but it all changes in nightmare and hell. Haven't seen Inferno yet but I can only imagine

But it all comes to gear also. My level 33 wizard is also unbeatable. I was soloing a 3 man game without a trouble (having my friend under-leveld followed and another friend using a barb just to be my meatshield for Meteor )
Dashboard is offline  
post #276 of 794 Old 05-29-2012, 06:45 AM
Advanced Member
 
sync's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 827
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post

Is it just me or is the Monk far superior to the other chars?

I recall Blizz saying there is a Monk heal ability that is accidentally overpowered and will getting a major nerf soon.
sync is offline  
post #277 of 794 Old 05-29-2012, 07:04 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JukeBox360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 6,654
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard View Post


In normal yeah, it is impossible to die with Transcendance (heal you everytime you use spirit) but it all changes in nightmare and hell. Haven't seen Inferno yet but I can only imagine

But it all comes to gear also. My level 33 wizard is also unbeatable. I was soloing a 3 man game without a trouble (having my friend under-leveld followed and another friend using a barb just to be my meatshield for Meteor )

Nice to know being as the wizard is useless for the 1st 20 levels.
JukeBox360 is offline  
post #278 of 794 Old 05-29-2012, 07:15 AM
AVS Special Member
 
krimson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 2,104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Great tactic video on how to handle Inferno:


PSN / Steam - KrimsonStudios
krimson is online now  
post #279 of 794 Old 05-29-2012, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
dlconner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,699
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard View Post

I will! We will probably finish Act 4 tonight and give Inferno a shot just to see if we need to modify our strategy/get new gear.

The numbers in yellow are in fact Critical hits. I have seen video of player having every number pops (white for normal hits, green + for the healing, etc) but that was probably using a mods (like for WoW) and they are bannable by Blizzard

And for people feeling bad for not competing Normal yet.. don't... I'm not a typical for Diablo games! Also the 5 days week end I got starting may 17th helped alot... and the fact that my GF is at school monday-thursday night and I... skipped gym for the last 2 weeks LOL!

It is in options under gameplay...thing is if you are playing with others and have a ton of mobs, it could slow down framerates.
dlconner is offline  
post #280 of 794 Old 05-29-2012, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JukeBox360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 6,654
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Am I the only one who thinks this game is a little short? Great game. Just find it a bit short. Last act I wouldn't even call an act. More like a very tiny chapter.
JukeBox360 is offline  
post #281 of 794 Old 05-29-2012, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
dlconner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,699
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

Am I the only one who thinks this game is a little short? Great game. Just find it a bit short. Last act I wouldn't even call an act. More like a very tiny chapter.

It reminds me much of D2. Takes about the same amount of time to plow through, and the last act is also short.

Dustin
dlconner is offline  
post #282 of 794 Old 05-29-2012, 08:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,391
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 1369
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

Am I the only one who thinks this game is a little short? Great game. Just find it a bit short. Last act I wouldn't even call an act. More like a very tiny chapter.

It took me a solid 15 hours to run through the campaign without rushing, and there's endless replayability...so yeah, you're probably the only one.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
bd2003 is offline  
post #283 of 794 Old 05-29-2012, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JukeBox360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 6,654
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlconner View Post

It reminds me much of D2. Takes about the same amount of time to plow through, and the last act is also short.

Dustin

Was a bit surprised how short the last act was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

It took me a solid 15 hours to run through the campaign without rushing, and there's endless replayability...so yeah, you're probably the only one.

Sure, there's tons of replay ability but it doesn't feel as if the game is that long. Yes, it gets longer to beat as you play it on harder modes. But I still feel the actual campaign itself should have been just a little bit longer. Maybe the last act being as long as the 1st few could have been enough.

Love the game. Just wanted a little more.
JukeBox360 is offline  
post #284 of 794 Old 05-29-2012, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Dashboard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montréal, Québec
Posts: 1,905
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by sync View Post

I recall Blizz saying there is a Monk heal ability that is accidentally overpowered and will getting a major nerf soon.

The Mantra of Healing was nerfed because the first 3 seconds boost was too powerful and people were spamming it to regain health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

Nice to know being as the wizard is useless for the 1st 20 levels.

Yeah but it seems like the Wizard is sooo powerful against mobs/champions but my boss fights are so much longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson View Post

Great tactic video on how to handle Inferno:

He doesn't kite them well enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

Am I the only one who thinks this game is a little short? Great game. Just find it a bit short. Last act I wouldn't even call an act. More like a very tiny chapter.

The 3 first acts are well done and polished with random events and stuff and the fourth just seem... rushed to finish the game which is sad i was able to finish act 4 under 1 hour with my barb (with exploration!) and got an achievement for it

Act 4 should have been longer and less straight foward, IMHO.
Dashboard is offline  
post #285 of 794 Old 05-29-2012, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Post America America
Posts: 8,512
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 717
Finally hit Act 4 yesterday and Izual is handing my ass to me. Level 30+ Monk.
darthrsg is online now  
post #286 of 794 Old 05-29-2012, 08:47 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JukeBox360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 6,654
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard View Post

The Mantra of Healing was nerfed because the first 3 seconds boost was too powerful and people were spamming it to regain health.



Yeah but it seems like the Wizard is sooo powerful against mobs/champions but my boss fights are so much longer.



He doesn't kite them well enough



The 3 first acts are well done and polished with random events and stuff and the fourth just seem... rushed to finish the game which is sad i was able to finish act 4 under 1 hour with my barb (with exploration!) and got an achievement for it

Act 4 should have been longer and less straight foward, IMHO.

That's exactly how I felt about the game. Well said.
JukeBox360 is offline  
post #287 of 794 Old 05-29-2012, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
vpn75's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,614
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

Finally hit Act 4 yesterday and Izual is handing my ass to me. Level 30+ Monk.

Could you link to your build? I haven't quite gotten that far with my Monk but I'd like to see what skill/runes you are using. I had no trouble beating him with my DH. Impale is great for bosses/champions!

PSN/XBOX Live: Destro75
BattleNet Tag: BaronessMD#1680

Steam: vpnath

Gaming PC: i7 3770K OC 4.2Ghz, 16GB RAM, EVGA GTX 670 FTW Dual-SLI

vpn75 is online now  
post #288 of 794 Old 05-29-2012, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Post America America
Posts: 8,512
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpn75 View Post

Could you link to your build? I haven't quite gotten that far with my Monk but I'd like to see what skill/runes you are using. I had no trouble beating him with my DH. Impale is great for bosses/champions!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...RijQ!dY!aaa.Za
This is off the top of my head. I've been tinkering since this Izual guy stopped me. Up to this point I've had no issues with bosses or sub bosses etc.
darthrsg is online now  
post #289 of 794 Old 05-29-2012, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Post America America
Posts: 8,512
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

It took me a solid 15 hours to run through the campaign without rushing, and there's endless replayability...so yeah, you're probably the only one.

I must be slow. I get to the beacons on the map and then backtrack leaving no darkness. I've easily put 30 plus hours in up to act 4.
darthrsg is online now  
post #290 of 794 Old 05-29-2012, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Post America America
Posts: 8,512
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

That's exactly how I felt about the game. Well said.

I've not finished it yet but upon reaching Act 4 I can sense the straight forward nature of it. Almost sad it's nearly over.
darthrsg is online now  
post #291 of 794 Old 05-29-2012, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JukeBox360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 6,654
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

I've not finished it yet but upon reaching Act 4 I can sense the straight forward nature of it. Almost sad it's nearly over.

It's a super quick act. I felt it as I was playing it.
JukeBox360 is offline  
post #292 of 794 Old 05-29-2012, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Dashboard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montréal, Québec
Posts: 1,905
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...RijQ!dY!aaa.Za
This is off the top of my head. I've been tinkering since this Izual guy stopped me. Up to this point I've had no issues with bosses or sub bosses etc.

You need more damage. I never liked Tempest Rush with my monk

What I'd suggest is getting rid of Sweeping Wind and the Mystic Ally. The both do low % of your weapon and at level 30, the weapon are around 60 DPS... so something between 20 damage max.... I'd rather use Seven-side Strike which deals 1007% of your weapon every 30 seconds (with rune). Very good on a single target like Izual.

Also, do you need inner sanctuary already? On normal/ little bit of nightmare you can go with only DPS in mind.
Dashboard is offline  
post #293 of 794 Old 05-29-2012, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member
 
vpn75's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,614
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard View Post

You need more damage. I never liked Tempest Rush with my monk

What I'd suggest is getting rid of Sweeping Wind and the Mystic Ally. The both do low % of your weapon and at level 30, the weapon are around 60 DPS... so something between 20 damage max.... I'd rather use Seven-side Strike which deals 1007% of your weapon every 30 seconds (with rune). Very good on a single target like Izual.

Also, do you need inner sanctuary already? On normal/ little bit of nightmare you can go with only DPS in mind.

I agree with Dashboard though I admit I have been using Mystic Ally. It would be better if they could focus aggro but mobs seem to ignore it. I also like Serenity with Peaceful repose for when you get into trouble. I find Exploding Palm useful too with the rune that causes enemies to take additional damage for champions/bosses.

PSN/XBOX Live: Destro75
BattleNet Tag: BaronessMD#1680

Steam: vpnath

Gaming PC: i7 3770K OC 4.2Ghz, 16GB RAM, EVGA GTX 670 FTW Dual-SLI

vpn75 is online now  
post #294 of 794 Old 05-29-2012, 12:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Post America America
Posts: 8,512
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard View Post

You need more damage. I never liked Tempest Rush with my monk

What I'd suggest is getting rid of Sweeping Wind and the Mystic Ally. The both do low % of your weapon and at level 30, the weapon are around 60 DPS... so something between 20 damage max.... I'd rather use Seven-side Strike which deals 1007% of your weapon every 30 seconds (with rune). Very good on a single target like Izual.

Also, do you need inner sanctuary already? On normal/ little bit of nightmare you can go with only DPS in mind.

The rush is badass on those little devils...hold right mouse button and mow them down.

I'll give those suggestions a shot, thanks!
darthrsg is online now  
post #295 of 794 Old 05-29-2012, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Post America America
Posts: 8,512
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard View Post


Also, do you need inner sanctuary already? On normal/ little bit of nightmare you can go with only DPS in mind.

Inner Sanctuary I was using to set up a shop in those big waves. The Safe Haven Rune with its regeneration was helpful.
darthrsg is online now  
post #296 of 794 Old 05-29-2012, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Dashboard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montréal, Québec
Posts: 1,905
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 53
The build diversity is real then since we all play our Monk differently

For mine my setup until hell was mostly :

1-Lashing Tail Kick
2-Dashing Strike
3-Seven Sided Strike
4-Mantra of Whatever flotted my boat (Evasion for a long time)

Mouse buttons were always spirit generator. I rocked Fist of Thunder with the Dodge rune a bit with the Mantra of Evasion, Stun on Tail Kick, Dashing Strike stun, Seven Sided Strike stun. Ennemies were stunned and while they could attack me, I would dodge everything

My passive were Transcendance (to regain health when using Spirit. I could spam my kick to get to 100% HP), DW passive and the other mostly Chant of Resonance until late nightmare. (now Switched to DW masterie, Seize the initave for armor and One With Everything for Resists in hell)
Dashboard is offline  
post #297 of 794 Old 05-29-2012, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Post America America
Posts: 8,512
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard View Post

The build diversity is real then since we all play our Monk differently

For mine my setup until hell was mostly :

1-Lashing Tail Kick
2-Dashing Strike
3-Seven Sided Strike
4-Mantra of Whatever flotted my boat (Evasion for a long time)

Mouse buttons were always spirit generator. I rocked Fist of Thunder with the Dodge rune a bit with the Mantra of Evasion, Stun on Tail Kick, Dashing Strike stun, Seven Sided Strike stun. Ennemies were stunned and while they could attack me, I would dodge everything

My passive were Transcendance (to regain health when using Spirit. I could spam my kick to get to 100% HP), DW passive and the other mostly Chant of Resonance until late nightmare. (now Switched to DW masterie, Seize the initave for armor and One With Everything for Resists in hell)

Fun.
darthrsg is online now  
post #298 of 794 Old 05-30-2012, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member
 
krimson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 2,104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
So I got clued into the "Reduced Level Requirement" stat and this morning I found a level 60 weapon usable at level 52 with 710dps, +45% damage.

I spent basically all my gold to buy it, but the price seemed low compared to other similar weapons and so I am pretty sure I will be able to double my investment when I am done with it.

And it should be a good enough weapon to start hacking away at Inferno when I get there.

PSN / Steam - KrimsonStudios
krimson is online now  
post #299 of 794 Old 05-30-2012, 08:02 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Dashboard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montréal, Québec
Posts: 1,905
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson View Post

So I got clued into the "Reduced Level Requirement" stat and this morning I found a level 60 weapon usable at level 52 with 710dps, +45% damage.

I spent basically all my gold to buy it, but the price seemed low compared to other similar weapons and so I am pretty sure I will be able to double my investment when I am done with it.

And it should be a good enough weapon to start hacking away at Inferno when I get there.

Is there any other mods on the weapon? How much did you spend on it?

I'm looking to upgrade my fist weapon myself (one at 450 DPS the other around 400). Just looking for nice DPS and stats I want : Life on hit, Dex and Vitality... but those are expensive and rare (Ideal would also have Increased attack speed, etc etc, one can dream!)
Dashboard is offline  
post #300 of 794 Old 05-30-2012, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
krimson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 2,104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I bought it for 300,000. Most of the weapons on that list were going for ~1-2mil so I jumped on it. I am sure I can at least double my money on it when i am finished with it.

The stats on it aside from the high damage were not good. Had high DPS and it had the +45% dmg stat. I would need to check when I get home from work what the other 2 stats were, they were just random crap though, I think there was an elemental resistance or something.

The high damage + nice stat weapons sell for a lot more then 300k and I don't have the kind of money needed to buy those :P

PSN / Steam - KrimsonStudios
krimson is online now  
Reply HTPC Gaming

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off