Diablo 3 - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #361 of 791 Old 06-12-2012, 05:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Dashboard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montréal, Québec
Posts: 1,884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlconner View Post

Been playing on inferno with my Barbarian for the last week so so...soloed all the way up to there. MY GOD...I can easily get owned. I am currently rocking 40khps, 8k armor, 23k damage, and 300-400 all resists. Trying to find some new 1 handers, (700+ DPS with life per hit of 300+), but not having much luck, (and they are very expensive ATM). May have to go play my wizard for a while, as farming act 1 crypts and butcher runs are getting tiring, especially when all that drops is wizard gear rolleyes.gif. I gotta start leveling that wizard again to equip the gear and clear up some inventory space.

I feel you. I'm tired of running Warden+Butcher for gear and having nothing drops. I should level up my sorc so I can get past act 2 Inferno (My monk is there now). Last night was a good night for drops tho. My friend found : Set Mojo, Legendary 2-hand sword and I found a legendary Hand-Crossbow eek.gif

Too bad they doesn,t worth alot because gear upgrade are very expensive now! mad.gif.
Dashboard is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #362 of 791 Old 06-12-2012, 07:07 AM
AVS Special Member
 
dlconner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,699
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard View Post

I feel you. I'm tired of running Warden+Butcher for gear and having nothing drops. I should level up my sorc so I can get past act 2 Inferno (My monk is there now). Last night was a good night for drops tho. My friend found : Set Mojo, Legendary 2-hand sword and I found a legendary Hand-Crossbow eek.gif
Too bad they doesn,t worth alot because gear upgrade are very expensive now! mad.gif.

Yeah, gear drops have been sucky. I might just have to buck up and try to plow through act 2 in a glorious death fest. I had about 60 rares last night, without a single one being an upgrade. On the other hand, my wizard got about 5 more items for when he reaches 60....maybe blizzard is trying to tell me to play my wizard? rolleyes.gif

On the wizzie note, arcane orb + arcane missle + poison hydra = GG....can't wait to see the wizzies potential at 60, (he is 49 now).
dlconner is offline  
post #363 of 791 Old 06-12-2012, 07:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Dashboard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montréal, Québec
Posts: 1,884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlconner View Post

Yeah, gear drops have been sucky. I might just have to buck up and try to plow through act 2 in a glorious death fest. I had about 60 rares last night, without a single one being an upgrade. On the other hand, my wizard got about 5 more items for when he reaches 60....maybe blizzard is trying to tell me to play my wizard? rolleyes.gif
On the wizzie note, arcane orb + arcane missle + poison hydra = GG....can't wait to see the wizzies potential at 60, (he is 49 now).

My Wizard is at 39 (almost 40) and I also use Arcane Orb + missible + poison hydra and Blizzard and it is deadly cool.gif

I also find alot of rare stuff for my barb or my Wizard but never an upgrade for my monk rolleyes.gif I should also level up my Wizard to 60 biggrin.gif

My friend is arguing with me that DH aren't easier than melee class in Inferno... rolleyes.gif
Dashboard is offline  
post #364 of 791 Old 06-12-2012, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,912
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 154
HELP!

My Barbarian seems to be made of glass. Going through Act 1 on nightmare, no problem, piece of cake, slicing and dicing easy enough. Act 2 I die in almost every mob battle. Sooooo frustrating. Having to stand toe to toe due to no range attacks really hurts. I loose health so fast I can't hit the potion key quick enough and if I do, doesn't matter, it just goes down as fast again. I was running dual weapons, guess I gotta switch to shield and sword for more protection. Can anyone post a link to a barbarian build? A problem seems to be that the barb. has no area effect that is worth while. Everything is spinning like attack that only hirts a few creatures if they are standing like on top of you. The wizard has an area effect that is about 5 feet our around him in a circle.

Level 34 Barbarian, here is what I run with: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WeRVkT!bdV!ZZbaaa

Anyone got a better build for a level 34 running through nighmare mode?????

WilliamR is offline  
post #365 of 791 Old 06-12-2012, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Dashboard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montréal, Québec
Posts: 1,884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

HELP!
My Barbarian seems to be made of glass. Going through Act 1 on nightmare, no problem, piece of cake, slicing and dicing easy enough. Act 2 I die in almost every mob battle. Sooooo frustrating. Having to stand toe to toe due to no range attacks really hurts. I loose health so fast I can't hit the potion key quick enough and if I do, doesn't matter, it just goes down as fast again. I was running dual weapons, guess I gotta switch to shield and sword for more protection. Can anyone post a link to a barbarian build? A problem seems to be that the barb. has no area effect that is worth while. Everything is spinning like attack that only hirts a few creatures if they are standing like on top of you. The wizard has an area effect that is about 5 feet our around him in a circle.
Level 34 Barbarian, here is what I run with: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WeRVkT!bdV!ZZbaaa
Anyone got a better build for a level 34 running through nighmare mode?????


What are your stats? Resists? Do you have Life on hit? This is a must for melee class so you can heal yourself since life leech is pretty useless past normal mode. Aim for Str and Vitality as primary.

no need to go sword+shield in nightmare, maybe you're not doing enough damage.

Here is what I am running with my barb (didn't have Bloodthirst but the one for increase dmg while at max fury) . (I think it is the build not sure, superstition not sure if this is what I was using..:P)

This is the build I used for a while (it's lvl 40 required due to Wrath of the Berserker rune)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WbYekP!ecV!aaZaaZ

For the running ennemies in Act 2 i use seismic slam or ground stomp to pull them closer to me and kill them real quick. I'm now act 4 in Nm and undergeared so died a bit late act 3 due to low DPS and stuff. Need to get lvl 51 for my gear upgrade biggrin.gif
Dashboard is offline  
post #366 of 791 Old 06-12-2012, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member
 
dlconner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,699
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

HELP!
My Barbarian seems to be made of glass. Going through Act 1 on nightmare, no problem, piece of cake, slicing and dicing easy enough. Act 2 I die in almost every mob battle. Sooooo frustrating. Having to stand toe to toe due to no range attacks really hurts. I loose health so fast I can't hit the potion key quick enough and if I do, doesn't matter, it just goes down as fast again. I was running dual weapons, guess I gotta switch to shield and sword for more protection. Can anyone post a link to a barbarian build? A problem seems to be that the barb. has no area effect that is worth while. Everything is spinning like attack that only hirts a few creatures if they are standing like on top of you. The wizard has an area effect that is about 5 feet our around him in a circle.
Level 34 Barbarian, here is what I run with: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WeRVkT!bdV!ZZbaaa
Anyone got a better build for a level 34 running through nighmare mode?????

My build was an AOE build up through hell. I used cleave, Whirlwind, Siesmic slam, Ground stomp w/ the pull in rune, retaliate, and then either leap or furious charge. Make sure you start stacking Vitality at this point...Act 2 in any difficulty is the worst act for most classes. Siesmic slam is a great ability for that act, as it allows you a bit of range to play with. At level 34, I believe I had around 12k health and bought a new weapon off the AH, (buy something with life per hit). Sorry I cannot see your build at work due to new filters, but if I get a chance I will try to look it up later.

Dustin
dlconner is offline  
post #367 of 791 Old 06-13-2012, 07:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Dashboard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montréal, Québec
Posts: 1,884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 49
We did the Pony level last night in Hell....

Wow lol, drugs are bad tongue.gif It was fun tho. We ran it 2 times : First time me and my DH friend both lvl 60 and after that we brought 2 other friends (lvl 52 DH and 54 barb). The lvl 52 DH had a hard time getting killed by Flowers tongue.gif Pretty funny to see this wink.gif

the loot isn't bad at all but it was expensive to craft the staff smile.gif
Dashboard is offline  
post #368 of 791 Old 06-13-2012, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member
 
dlconner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,699
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I bet that level is brutal on inferno wink.gif.
dlconner is offline  
post #369 of 791 Old 06-13-2012, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,912
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard View Post

We did the Pony level last night in Hell....
Wow lol, drugs are bad tongue.gif It was fun tho. We ran it 2 times : First time me and my DH friend both lvl 60 and after that we brought 2 other friends (lvl 52 DH and 54 barb). The lvl 52 DH had a hard time getting killed by Flowers tongue.gif Pretty funny to see this wink.gif
the loot isn't bad at all but it was expensive to craft the staff smile.gif

Did you upgrade your staff to the Hell version? That unlocks the hell version of the level and the loot drops are WAY better. You can only unlock it after beating Hell with a character.

WilliamR is offline  
post #370 of 791 Old 06-13-2012, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Dashboard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montréal, Québec
Posts: 1,884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Did you upgrade your staff to the Hell version? That unlocks the hell version of the level and the loot drops are WAY better. You can only unlock it after beating Hell with a character.


Yes we did it with the Hell Staff. Next step will be Inferno (when we're done with it! Almost done with Act 2... YESSS!)
Dashboard is offline  
post #371 of 791 Old 06-13-2012, 02:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
dlconner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,699
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Does anyone know what today's maintenance was about? The servers were crappy yesterday, wondering what they pushed out today.
dlconner is offline  
post #372 of 791 Old 06-13-2012, 06:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
vpn75's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,613
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlconner View Post

Does anyone know what today's maintenance was about? The servers were crappy yesterday, wondering what they pushed out today.

Probably something to do with the RMAH if I had to guess.

PSN/XBOX Live: Destro75
BattleNet Tag: BaronessMD#1680

Steam: vpnath

Gaming PC: i7 3770K OC 4.2Ghz, 16GB RAM, EVGA GTX 670 FTW Dual-SLI

vpn75 is online now  
post #373 of 791 Old 06-14-2012, 05:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Dashboard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montréal, Québec
Posts: 1,884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpn75 View Post

Probably something to do with the RMAH if I had to guess.

Probably or with the Game Limitation they implemented late tuesday night and removed it after because it wasn,t working properly.

Or they were just adding more bugs to the game tongue.gif
Dashboard is offline  
post #374 of 791 Old 06-14-2012, 06:48 AM
AVS Special Member
 
dlconner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,699
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Heh, they took the servers down again at midnight too...what the heck blizzard!
dlconner is offline  
post #375 of 791 Old 06-14-2012, 07:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Dashboard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montréal, Québec
Posts: 1,884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlconner View Post

Heh, they took the servers down again at midnight too...what the heck blizzard!

At least those maintenance at midnight PDT doesn't affect me... at 3:00 (my time) on weekdays I'm usually sleeping tongue.gif

But those unplanned maintenance and server down are getting... annoying. Hope they can fix this and get the server steady (I'm having lots more lag problem lately, which I never really had before).
Dashboard is offline  
post #376 of 791 Old 06-15-2012, 06:32 AM
AVS Special Member
 
dlconner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,699
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard View Post

At least those maintenance at midnight PDT doesn't affect me... at 3:00 (my time) on weekdays I'm usually sleeping tongue.gif
But those unplanned maintenance and server down are getting... annoying. Hope they can fix this and get the server steady (I'm having lots more lag problem lately, which I never really had before).

I am sure work thanked Blizzard for that maintenance, as I could have easily seen me playing far to long before going to bed that night too wink.gif.

On another note, another 60 rares ID'ed on my barbarian inferno butcher runs, 3 were for my Wizard, and the rest for the vendor....DAMN I hate this! At least my Wizard is 54 now, and can almost use most of the gear rolleyes.gif.

Dustin
dlconner is offline  
post #377 of 791 Old 06-17-2012, 08:13 AM
Member
 
beatmatcher247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Diablo3 UI Tweaks

Guys this User Interace is kicking my plasmas ass. I'm getting bad IR and permanent true burn-in is just around the corner. Has anyone figured out a way to tweak the UI so its not so prone to burn-in? I'm thinking about getting a Panasonic VT-50 real soon here and will not be playing D3 at all on it if I can't get this figured out. No other game that I've ever played on my gaming rig over the plasma has been so bad with IR/Burnin.

Please help me!
beatmatcher247 is offline  
post #378 of 791 Old 06-17-2012, 08:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,912
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatmatcher247 View Post

Diablo3 UI Tweaks
Guys this User Interace is kicking my plasmas ass. I'm getting bad IR and permanent true burn-in is just around the corner. Has anyone figured out a way to tweak the UI so its not so prone to burn-in? I'm thinking about getting a Panasonic VT-50 real soon here and will not be playing D3 at all on it if I can't get this figured out. No other game that I've ever played on my gaming rig over the plasma has been so bad with IR/Burnin.
Please help me!

Sorry, that sucks. I got a Pioneer Kuro and I play DIablo 7 or 8 hours straight without any IR. Love this set soooooo much. I haven't seen any way to change the interface, if I run across anything I will let you know.

WilliamR is offline  
post #379 of 791 Old 06-17-2012, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JukeBox360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 6,653
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatmatcher247 View Post

Diablo3 UI Tweaks
Guys this User Interace is kicking my plasmas ass. I'm getting bad IR and permanent true burn-in is just around the corner. Has anyone figured out a way to tweak the UI so its not so prone to burn-in? I'm thinking about getting a Panasonic VT-50 real soon here and will not be playing D3 at all on it if I can't get this figured out. No other game that I've ever played on my gaming rig over the plasma has been so bad with IR/Burnin.
Please help me!

Turn on anti burn in features? Other then that I don't see any way of changing the interface.
JukeBox360 is offline  
post #380 of 791 Old 06-18-2012, 06:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Dashboard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montréal, Québec
Posts: 1,884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Leveled my Wizard during the weekend. Just got to level 54 and it is so much fun tongue.gif

I'm usually playing with my friend barb so he can tank (or with my templar if alone). Last night we rolled act 2 with 2 barbs and a DH. Even if the DH was really bad we had no trouble.

My gear isn't perfect and my DPS is really low (5.8K), but I'm able to kill everything and survive (due to high hp, I'm like at 28k lol).

Need to get this Wizard to Inferno and try it, will be a change from my Monk wink.gif
Dashboard is offline  
post #381 of 791 Old 06-18-2012, 08:00 AM
AVS Special Member
 
dlconner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,699
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard View Post

Leveled my Wizard during the weekend. Just got to level 54 and it is so much fun tongue.gif
I'm usually playing with my friend barb so he can tank (or with my templar if alone). Last night we rolled act 2 with 2 barbs and a DH. Even if the DH was really bad we had no trouble.
My gear isn't perfect and my DPS is really low (5.8K), but I'm able to kill everything and survive (due to high hp, I'm like at 28k lol).
Need to get this Wizard to Inferno and try it, will be a change from my Monk wink.gif

I just hit inferno with my wizard...word of advice, lose the templar and grab the enchantress in an offensive spec. Templar stands in the darn molten packs and keeps the things healed, as they heal constantly when he takes a knee in them....ugh!

Loving my wizard as well...I cleared diablo with about 14kdps and 38k hps, (barbarian inferno runs for the butcher only dropped wizzie stuff). I currently run with poison hydra, mirror images, diamond skin, arcane orb, arcane bolt, and magic weapon. Great dps build, but I am sure I will be squishy in inferno...we shall see wink.gif.
dlconner is offline  
post #382 of 791 Old 06-18-2012, 09:30 AM
Advanced Member
 
sync's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 827
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlconner View Post

I currently run with poison hydra, mirror images, diamond skin, arcane orb, arcane bolt, and magic weapon.
What is Arcane Bolt - is that a rune?

I'm loving Blizzard on my wizard.
sync is offline  
post #383 of 791 Old 06-18-2012, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Dashboard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montréal, Québec
Posts: 1,884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlconner View Post

I just hit inferno with my wizard...word of advice, lose the templar and grab the enchantress in an offensive spec. Templar stands in the darn molten packs and keeps the things healed, as they heal constantly when he takes a knee in them....ugh!
Loving my wizard as well...I cleared diablo with about 14kdps and 38k hps, (barbarian inferno runs for the butcher only dropped wizzie stuff). I currently run with poison hydra, mirror images, diamond skin, arcane orb, arcane bolt, and magic weapon. Great dps build, but I am sure I will be squishy in inferno...we shall see wink.gif.

I'll give it a try with the enchantress but I hate playing alone (even worst with my Wizard). I leveled my Wizard to play with my barb friend to switch role to our Monk+DH combo tongue.gif (He'll understand what it is to be melee in Inferno!!).

Right now I'm rocking : Magic missile, Arcane Orb, Magic Weapon, Blizzard, Diamond Skin and Poison Hydra. Pretty deadly but like I said, I need to raise that DPS! The rest is fine. I might try a more "kite" build with teleport into the mix....
Quote:
Originally Posted by sync View Post

What is Arcane Bolt - is that a rune?
I'm loving Blizzard on my wizard.

Probably Arcane torrent??

At first I hated Blizzard but now.... wow tongue.gif
Dashboard is offline  
post #384 of 791 Old 06-18-2012, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member
 
dlconner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,699
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by sync View Post

What is Arcane Bolt - is that a rune?
I'm loving Blizzard on my wizard.

Sorry, magic missle wink.gif. I am going to swap that out for familar tonight though, and mess with my build for a regen/dps build.

I am going to end up going with arcane orb, familar, magic weapon, blink, mirror image, and energy armor. Then, I am going to dump my hps to about 20k, picking up dps/resist/life per second regn gear, and use force rune on energy armor. From what I can see, even post nerf if your life per second is high enough you can run a very solid build with it.
dlconner is offline  
post #385 of 791 Old 06-18-2012, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Dashboard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montréal, Québec
Posts: 1,884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlconner View Post

Sorry, magic missle wink.gif. I am going to swap that out for familar tonight though, and mess with my build for a regen/dps build.
I am going to end up going with arcane orb, familar, magic weapon, blink, mirror image, and energy armor. Then, I am going to dump my hps to about 20k, picking up dps/resist/life per second regn gear, and use force rune on energy armor. From what I can see, even post nerf if your life per second is high enough you can run a very solid build with it.

I haven't really tried those defensive speel ( familiar, mirror image). in fact, I'm not even using any armor spell rolleyes.gif (except Diamond skin).

Those build sounds like a more solo-play style and I'm really trying to make my wizard a group type for inferno (with the solo farming when no one is logged tongue.gif). The wizard is fun to play and a nice change of pace from my Monk (and barb). biggrin.gif now i want to go back home and playyy tongue.gif
Dashboard is offline  
post #386 of 791 Old 06-18-2012, 01:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Arcadia88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 323
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Hell mode should be renamed Rage Quit mode. Problem with public games is I'm restricted to only a few levels leading up to the Butcher. Butcher wins every time. I'm sick of the butcher.
Oh and whats the deal with elite enemies chasing you all the way to the start of the dungeon, killing you and your entire party then you get killed as soon as you respawn back at the entrance, over and over till rage quit.
At least thats what Diablo hell mode has become for me. Rage Quit.
Also did the pony level in hell mode. Happy clouds, rainbows and killer flowers. That was trippy.
Arcadia88 is offline  
post #387 of 791 Old 06-18-2012, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
dlconner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,699
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard View Post

I haven't really tried those defensive speel ( familiar, mirror image). in fact, I'm not even using any armor spell rolleyes.gif (except Diamond skin).
Those build sounds like a more solo-play style and I'm really trying to make my wizard a group type for inferno (with the solo farming when no one is logged tongue.gif). The wizard is fun to play and a nice change of pace from my Monk (and barb). biggrin.gif now i want to go back home and playyy tongue.gif

It is more of an inferno kite mode...you take the mirror image skill that does knockback + damage, and the same with the teleport skill. Poison hydra is great damage, arcane orb is high damage as well. The familar buffs your damage by a percentage, as well as magic weapon. Seems like you will have high survivability, but still be able to dish out the hurt...Kind of excited to try wink.gif.
dlconner is offline  
post #388 of 791 Old 06-18-2012, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JukeBox360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 6,653
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadia88 View Post

Hell mode should be renamed Rage Quit mode. Problem with public games is I'm restricted to only a few levels leading up to the Butcher. Butcher wins every time. I'm sick of the butcher.
Oh and whats the deal with elite enemies chasing you all the way to the start of the dungeon, killing you and your entire party then you get killed as soon as you respawn back at the entrance, over and over till rage quit.
At least thats what Diablo hell mode has become for me. Rage Quit.
Also did the pony level in hell mode. Happy clouds, rainbows and killer flowers. That was trippy.

Hell mode? That's easy as pie. Inferno should be called rage quit mode. I've died more in the 1st ACT inferno mode then I have in the entire hell mode gameplay.
JukeBox360 is offline  
post #389 of 791 Old 06-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Advanced Member
 
sync's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 827
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I want to buy some gems on the AH. I've been checking prices over several hours. The average price shown for the last 10 trades is always a good bit lower than the price I can buy at. I don't understand how that is possible.
sync is offline  
post #390 of 791 Old 06-19-2012, 05:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Dashboard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montréal, Québec
Posts: 1,884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadia88 View Post

Hell mode should be renamed Rage Quit mode. Problem with public games is I'm restricted to only a few levels leading up to the Butcher. Butcher wins every time. I'm sick of the butcher.
Oh and whats the deal with elite enemies chasing you all the way to the start of the dungeon, killing you and your entire party then you get killed as soon as you respawn back at the entrance, over and over till rage quit.
At least thats what Diablo hell mode has become for me. Rage Quit.
Also did the pony level in hell mode. Happy clouds, rainbows and killer flowers. That was trippy.

The problem there isn't Hell mode... it's probably Public Game (or the people you play with). Last night, I played with friends who are... ok with the game i guess... rolleyes.gif I had to almost solo the whole act 2 alone (with help of one of another friend barb). I had to revive them at least 10 times during Belial fight while not dying, it was fun tho biggrin.gif Can you progress alone? The HP buff from playing in group might be too much too handle if not everyone do their part of the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlconner View Post

It is more of an inferno kite mode...you take the mirror image skill that does knockback + damage, and the same with the teleport skill. Poison hydra is great damage, arcane orb is high damage as well. The familar buffs your damage by a percentage, as well as magic weapon. Seems like you will have high survivability, but still be able to dish out the hurt...Kind of excited to try wink.gif.

I played with my build last night and I'm now rocking : Piercing Orb, Teleport - Fracture, Energy armor, Blizzard, Diamond Skin and Poison Hydra. Trying to get used to this build since it will probably be the one I'll be using come Inferno.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

Hell mode? That's easy as pie. Inferno should be called rage quit mode. I've died more in the 1st ACT inferno mode then I have in the entire hell mode gameplay.

We got to Act 3 last night. Tried it with my Monk and my DH friend... couldn't even get past the first Champion pack up the stairs lol.... Act 3 is another brick wall! tongue.gif
Dashboard is offline  
Reply HTPC Gaming

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off