Diablo 3 - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 800 Old 07-02-2012, 10:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Surely, some combination of attack speed, crit chance, and crit hit would still be ideal? I don't understand why I'd want to right off attack speed completley.

Trying to figure out how to build out to take advantage of my 1156 damage 1h spear I just got. Speed 1.2, seeing 30k-40k crits is sweet smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 800 Old 07-02-2012, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
Don't get me wrong, attack speed is good. It is just not the flavor of the month for min/maxing your damage. A mix of all 3 would be great, you just have to find the balance that fits you well.
post #453 of 800 Old 07-02-2012, 11:08 AM

Be nice to find an accurate calculator so you can see the result before you buy.
post #454 of 800 Old 07-03-2012, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatmatcher247 View Post

Be nice to find an accurate calculator so you can see the result before you buy.

If they would just allow the compare stats function that they do when you are in game comparing items, the AH would be great. Some upgrades are not actually upgrades when you factor in crit damage/etc.
post #455 of 800 Old 07-03-2012, 11:33 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlconner View Post

If they would just allow the compare stats function that they do when you are in game comparing items, the AH would be great. Some upgrades are not actually upgrades when you factor in crit damage/etc.
So the ingame compare takes crits into account? That is something I've been wondering about.

One issue I have is comparing an equipped item that is gemmed to one with empty sockets.
post #456 of 800 Old 07-03-2012, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:

AH need to have the same compare function than in-game. I bought a fist weapon for 2.3M and with my calculation, it would be a nice upgrade in DPS... boy was I wrong tongue.gif Lost DPS (something like 77 wink.gif ) but gained more LoH, which I wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sync View Post

So the ingame compare takes crits into account? That is something I've been wondering about.
One issue I have is comparing an equipped item that is gemmed to one with empty sockets.

Solution, use Amethyst for LoH and not Ruby which buff the damage biggrin.gif Not very useful for ranged tho smile.gif

Crazy weekend on my end, found lots of Legendary. Started with Goldskin (bad), 2 minutes after Tal's Armor (real bad roll), Skorn (bad 2-hand axe) and a Wizard Hat (not so bad for MFing). My friend also found a 2-hand sword during the weekend. Both running with 200+ MF really helped cool.gif
post #457 of 800 Old 07-05-2012, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 242
Quote:

The compare in the auction house works for me. I just put my cursor over the picture of the item and it compares to what I currently have equiped. Not sure what you mean.

post #458 of 800 Old 07-05-2012, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

The compare in the auction house works for me. I just put my cursor over the picture of the item and it compares to what I currently have equiped. Not sure what you mean.

In game, when you do that, it shows damage/life/protection adjustments in red and green at the bottom of the compare window. I WISH it would do that in the AH, as some stats, such as crit damage increase, crit hit increase, and attack speed all influence overall DPS. In game, I can see if it is an improvement or not, in the AH you have to guess. It is not a big deal on life and protection, but when you are looking at weapons worth 3-30 million, it can be a costly mistake.
post #459 of 800 Old 07-05-2012, 12:00 PM

Me and my wizard friend are tearing up act 2! He turned me onto the option in the options to customize your skill setup... what a godsend. Now that I am rocking breath of heaven, plus serenity with heal rune (3 sec invulnerability), seven sided strike, that gives me two options for being basically immune to any damage for 3 second intervals. This also allows me lots of options for healing myself(breath of heaven, serenity, potions, spending spirit on any skill). Lets say since, I have not died once. So, if you are like me, and didn't know this existed in the options, get in there and change it to allow you to stack your skills how you want. Can't believe I played for this long without knowing that option was there! ugh the gold i could have saved on repair costs.

Options > Gameplay > Elective Mode
post #460 of 800 Old 07-05-2012, 01:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatmatcher247 View Post

Me and my wizard friend are tearing up act 2! He turned me onto the option in the options to customize your skill setup... what a godsend. Now that I am rocking breath of heaven, plus serenity with heal rune (3 sec invulnerability), seven sided strike, that gives me two options for being basically immune to any damage for 3 second intervals. This also allows me lots of options for healing myself(breath of heaven, serenity, potions, spending spirit on any skill). Lets say since, I have not died once. So, if you are like me, and didn't know this existed in the options, get in there and change it to allow you to stack your skills how you want. Can't believe I played for this long without knowing that option was there! ugh the gold i could have saved on repair costs.
Options > Gameplay > Elective Mode

Heh, sorry I never mentioned that to you in game. I figured you knew about it, (we all beat it up early in this thread). It is definately nice to have the customization with the elective mode turned off smile.gif.
post #461 of 800 Old 07-10-2012, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

We're slowly making our way thru Act 3 Inferno. We changed our team a bit, I'm mainly using my Wizard while my friend keeps his DH and another friend of our tank with his Barb smile.gif

We downed The Siegebreaker last night and kept going a little bit until we found a crazy elite pack that kept killing us and we called it a night. 100k repair the whole hour rolleyes.gif

My monk is now my MF act 1 farming with around 250% MF with full Nephalem Valor stack since he's stuck at the beginning of Act 3 while my Sorc can progress a bit tongue.gif
post #462 of 800 Old 07-10-2012, 09:42 AM
Advanced Member

Has anyone checked out Path of Exile? It has a D2 feel but is not just a clone. It has some creative ideas.

It will be free to play. It is currently in closed beta but you can get access if you buy $10 ingame credit which you can use for things like more stash space.

I've been playing it for a few days. It is fun but I don't know how far I'll get with figuring out their gigantic passive skill tree.
post #463 of 800 Old 07-10-2012, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Has anyone checked out Path of Exile? It has a D2 feel but is not just a clone. It has some creative ideas.
It will be free to play. It is currently in closed beta but you can get access if you buy $10 ingame credit which you can use for things like more stash space.
I've been playing it for a few days. It is fun but I don't know how far I'll get with figuring out their gigantic passive skill tree.

I checked it a bit (haven't tried it). IIRC, PoE is being developped by Ex-member of Blizzard North after they got fired in ~2008-2009 after starting developping Diablo 3. It is normal it has a Diablo 2 feel. the atmosphere seems more gore also, while alot complained about the cartoon look of D3 (Torchlight also)

You can also see the inspiration of PoE's graphic with the (possible?) old images of D3 early stage project : http://kotaku.com/5761172/this-is-what-diablo-iii-looked-like-a-long-time-ago/gallery/1

PoE endless dungeon with maps seems more fun than D3 farming biggrin.gif
post #464 of 800 Old 07-12-2012, 06:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Good Mf night last night (finally).

Was running with my friend DH ( both at ~250% MF with NV5) and he was talking it's time for him to drop a set item (hasn't seen one drop for a looooooooong time), preferably Nat's set.

We down the Butcher on our first run, what do I see on the ground...? Set Boots! I'm hopinh in my head that they are good! Grab the loot,head to town and Id the rares and set. Turn out it's a 103 Dex, 54 All rez, 3% melee dmg Nat's Boots... Not bad! They go for 10M+ in the AH smile.gif Now debatting wheter or not to keep them tongue.gif

Then I found a 800 DMG wand (crappy mods) a 800 dmg Demolisher (Mace) with 917 or 947 LoH (only like 45 STR but might keep it for Tank Barb) tongue.gif

The rest was like always... garbage but at least I was able to pull 1 nice items and 2 "okay" during the 3 hours + of play time rolleyes.gif
post #465 of 800 Old 07-13-2012, 06:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard View Post

Good Mf night last night (finally).
Was running with my friend DH ( both at ~250% MF with NV5) and he was talking it's time for him to drop a set item (hasn't seen one drop for a looooooooong time), preferably Nat's set.
We down the Butcher on our first run, what do I see on the ground...? Set Boots! I'm hopinh in my head that they are good! Grab the loot,head to town and Id the rares and set. Turn out it's a 103 Dex, 54 All rez, 3% melee dmg Nat's Boots... Not bad! They go for 10M+ in the AH smile.gif Now debatting wheter or not to keep them tongue.gif
Then I found a 800 DMG wand (crappy mods) a 800 dmg Demolisher (Mace) with 917 or 947 LoH (only like 45 STR but might keep it for Tank Barb) tongue.gif
The rest was like always... garbage but at least I was able to pull 1 nice items and 2 "okay" during the 3 hours + of play time rolleyes.gif

While that is great for you, I still think it sucks it takes over 3 hours to find 1 "nice" item. That sucks for me, I don't have that kind of time to dedicate to this game to find nice stuff, I can only play in small segments here and there. I will never be able to get good items in this game unless I but them in the AH.

post #466 of 800 Old 07-13-2012, 06:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

While that is great for you, I still think it sucks it takes over 3 hours to find 1 "nice" item. That sucks for me, I don't have that kind of time to dedicate to this game to find nice stuff, I can only play in small segments here and there. I will never be able to get good items in this game unless I but them in the AH.

I agree that it sucks that it takes 3 hours to find good stuff. Keep in mind it is luck tho since I found Nat's Boots at the beginning on the runs so maybe ~30 hours playtime.

Last night tho, 2 hours of farming and all I found was a crappy Legendary Mace and my friend a crappy Tal's Mask :P (he also found a ok 1hand Xbow of 900 dmg. No good rare for me wink.gif)

At least I sold the Nat's boots for 30M in under 1 hour tongue.gif
post #467 of 800 Old 07-13-2012, 07:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
This games just starting to become very disappointing.
post #468 of 800 Old 07-13-2012, 08:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 685 Post(s)
Liked: 848
how do people get that much gold -- in inferno I'm still getting tiny drops of gold. 30MILLION? eek.gif they must be buying it.

I just beat diablo on normal last night with a secondary char and it was my best drop ever. Four yellows and three blues. Most of the time when I kill a boss I don' even get a yellow. Did they increase the drop rate in a recent patch?

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"
Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
2012 KC Blind Sub Shootout
My Subwoofer Recommendations by Pricepoint
post #469 of 800 Old 07-13-2012, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post

how do people get that much gold -- in inferno I'm still getting tiny drops of gold. 30MILLION? eek.gif they must be buying it.
I just beat diablo on normal last night with a secondary char and it was my best drop ever. Four yellows and three blues. Most of the time when I kill a boss I don' even get a yellow. Did they increase the drop rate in a recent patch?

I was close to 8M last night. I had close to this amount several time but kept buying gear so hovering between 2-7M (couple weeks ago 2 fists weapon at around 2.5m each).

I have millions sitting in my stash also.... salvaging blues for essences and picking up Tomes. (i have like 450+ essences and 1500 Tomes each sells for around 1800-2000g)

I regret not packing Essences before one of the previous upgrade when they were going for 400g and resell for max profit.

People with lots of money aren't probably playing the game but mostly AH-Tycoon wink.gif I could do this all day and buy low and sell high but meh wink.gif The bots also helps the rich people get richer. They probably all have at least one mad.gif

MF in Diablo 3 explained! Glad I have around 250% with Five Stack
Quote:
Magic Find
Finding more and better magic items is critical to overcoming challenges and defeating enemies in Diablo III, particularly on higher difficulties. Magic find is a unique item property that can help you drastically improve your haul. It is tracked in the Inventory menu (Inventory > Details > Adventure).

But what does that really mean?

Magic find affects the quality of items you acquire from killing enemies (but not treasure chests, vases, weapon racks, or other environmental objects). It doesn’t give you a chance to get more items on a given kill – instead, it increases the chance that an item you find will be magical, and more potent than it would be otherwise.

When a monster drops an item, Diablo III randomly determines the item’s quality from a chart that includes item quality and the number of affixes present. The game randomly "rolls" on each property in the chart to determine which affixes your item will get. Your magic find score is applied as a bonus to these rolls.

For example, if a monster has a 4% chance to drop a 6-affix rare item and you have +50% magic find, it now has a 6% chance to drop that item.

Item quality is checked in the following order:

Legendary
6-affix rare
5-affix rare
4-affix rare
2-affix rare
1-affix rare
magic item
Using the above example, when your roll ‘misses’ a higher-level item quality, the item generator proceeds to the next lowest item quality in the chain (in this case, checking to see if you got a 6-affix rare, then checking for a 5-affix rare, and so on). Your magic find bonus applies to each roll. If the same monster has a 10% chance to drop a 5-affix rare item and you have 50% magic find, you now have a 15% chance to get a 5-affix rare item.

In a group, all players' magic find bonuses are averaged. So, if you’re in a four person group where two players each have +20% magic find and the other two players have none, all four players will effectively have +10% to magic find.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/items/equipment#magic-find
post #470 of 800 Old 07-13-2012, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post

Your not going to get money like that unless your in inferno. Kinda sucks the game is about buying items most can't afford vs skill. I had to do a lot of trading and selling to make my barb strong enough for inferno. Anything under 50KDPS seems pointless IMO.
post #471 of 800 Old 07-13-2012, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

Your not going to get money like that unless your in inferno. Kinda sucks the game is about buying items most can't afford vs skill. I had to do a lot of trading and selling to make my barb strong enough for inferno. Anything under 50KDPS seems pointless IMO.

Wow, you have 50K DPS on your barb? Holy! Do you survive or you just hope to kill before they kill you smile.gif

Our tank barb are between 12k-20k DPS while using sword and shield.

My wizard is at 30k DPS (not relying on Crit dmg/crit chance) and my monk is probably at around 20k now.

With 50k DPS you must have cleared Act 4 Inferno. With 50K DPS my monk would just roll act 3 lol. With the 30M I made last night I might be able to jump to those numbers tho biggrin.gif
post #472 of 800 Old 07-14-2012, 02:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Wow, you have 50K DPS on your barb? Holy! Do you survive or you just hope to kill before they kill you smile.gif
My wizard is at 30k DPS (not relying on Crit dmg/crit chance) and my monk is probably at around 20k now.
With 50k DPS you must have cleared Act 4 Inferno. With 50K DPS my monk would just roll act 3 lol. With the 30M I made last night I might be able to jump to those numbers tho biggrin.gif

Kinda wondering if he is running the dual tornado DPS build. It is a crit heavy build, which would explain much of the dps.
post #473 of 800 Old 07-14-2012, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Just on ACT 3. I think I've replayed the 1st 3 acts about 100x now.
post #474 of 800 Old 07-16-2012, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Just on ACT 3. I think I've replayed the 1st 3 acts about 100x now.

I guess some other stats might be lacking since you could easily clear act 4 with 50k DPS. But if you have 50k DPS, 10k Armor, 40k+ HP, 800+ resists... you're a god biggrin.gif (and should have cleared Act 4! :P)
post #475 of 800 Old 07-16-2012, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I guess some other stats might be lacking since you could easily clear act 4 with 50k DPS. But if you have 50k DPS, 10k Armor, 40k+ HP, 800+ resists... you're a god biggrin.gif (and should have cleared Act 4! :P)

My res to elements is the problem.
post #476 of 800 Old 07-16-2012, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

My res to elements is the problem.

Kk, are you also using LoH to regain life? I know it does wonder on my Monk tongue.gif

Now shopping for 600+ LoH weapon with 800+ DPS each, 175+ Dex and crit damage (just to boost my DPS chart) ... but wow they are expensive! wink.gif
post #477 of 800 Old 07-18-2012, 06:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Grabbed a new weapon on the AH last night.

~755 DPS fist weapon. 250 dex, 51 Vit, 500+ LoH, 45% Crit dmg. for 3.9M buy it now. smile.gif

Now I just need a new main with 600+ LoH, crit dmg and I'll be set! Now at 21K DPS without much crit dmg (think I'm at 95% now)
post #478 of 800 Old 07-18-2012, 08:51 AM
Advanced Member

I would normally be checking out D3 forums for tips and info. But I've been avoid them because of all the raging going on.

At what point in the game do resists become important?
post #479 of 800 Old 07-18-2012, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I would normally be checking out D3 forums for tips and info. But I've been avoid them because of all the raging going on.
At what point in the game do resists become important?

If you are playing a melee char, they become important in hell with the Molten,Plagued and Fire Chain affixes.

If you're playing ranged, you can "kinda" avoid too much resists and could possibly clear Inferno while kiting.

But rule of thumb for me, they always come handy in hell for both ranged and melee.

If you're playing a monk, stack one type of resistance and use the passive One With Everything. If not, try to get as much All Resist on your gear. For sorc tho, the intel bonus is also huge for resists.

Keep in mind, Barb have a 40% increase with a shout and sorc can get prismatic armor which also increase all resist by 40%. biggrin.gif
post #480 of 800 Old 07-18-2012, 11:47 AM

I'm hanging up Diablo 3. Thanks for all of the advice to those here who have given it. I can't devote any more time to an over-glorified "garbage sorter" with a weak action RPG element. Its more garbage sorting than action. Same **** over and over and over.
Reply HTPC Gaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page