post #721 of 798 Old 05-20-2014, 11:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

I'm not sure if my Demon Hunter is doing as well as he should be either.

Here's mine for comparison - also would love to hear suggestions:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DaverJ-1397/hero/36234747

Looks like you could also stand to hit level 70 and farm gear. Maybe find a weapon with a socket and put the highest level Emerald you have to boost your crit damage.

I've heard a good method of farming is by teaming up with another person and splitting the bounties in an act to complete them as fast as possible. This way you get horadric caches as quickly as possible and hopefully better gear.

Add me to your friends list if you are interested. My ID is in my signature.
DaverJ likes this.

PSN/XBOX Live: Destro75
BattleNet Tag: BaronessMD#1680

Steam: vpnath

Gaming PC: i7 3770K OC 4.2Ghz, 16GB RAM, EVGA GTX 670 FTW Dual-SLI

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 798 Old 05-20-2014, 11:33 AM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 179
My tag is Yrd#1854

You all can add me, I've been playing a lot lately. Once you guys hit 70 I'll join in. I just hit my crusader to 70 yesterday.

I'll be on later tonight.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #723 of 798 Old 05-20-2014, 11:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post

My tag is Yrd#1854

You all can add me, I've been playing a lot lately. Once you guys hit 70 I'll join in. I just hit my crusader to 70 yesterday.

I'll be on later tonight.

Sounds good! I'll add you to my friends list. I should be on after 10PM EST tonight hopefully.

post #724 of 798 Old 05-20-2014, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by sync View Post

Why is that? I think you always have to consider increased drop rate vs increased amount of time to farm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpn75 View Post

I wondered about that too. My understanding is there is no advantage to modes before Torment other than exp/gold-find boost. I think Imperial gems can also drop at Master difficulty so I guess that is something.

I can faceroll Normal rifts in no time and find it to be most efficient for farming right now. I actually found 3 legendary crafting and 1 set crafting plan last night in just a few hours. I figure once I get up to about 500K dps I can try my hand at Torment.

You usually farm where it's fastest. However, doing Caches on Normal with my barb doesn't work well since I can't keep enough Fury to use Sprint as much as I would like tongue.gif So I farm them on T1+

If I would do them on my monk or Wizard, it would be on normal.

However, since I'm addicted to the Green Gears... I always play on Torment 1 minimum for the Sets wink.gif And now with patch 2.0.5, Caches can drop Torment only legends...

Keep in mind for Rifts that higher difficulties grant more Blood Shards for Kadala... which has been pretty generous since patch 2.0.5!

Quote:

Thanks for the suggestions. I have been thinking of dropping WW as well as its DPS is underwhelming. I re-rolled lightning damage on my Reapers Wraps so I think I'm good there. Just wish it had rolled with CC originally.

I haven't been using War Cry because I'm running in Normal mode but will definitely use it for Torment. How high resists do you need to tackle Torment I?

I'm just waiting to find another good 1-hander so I can dual-wield and replace my shield in off-hand. I found a legendary crafting plan for Grim's Perfection 1-hander. Is it worth crafting? I have everything but the forgotten souls right now.

Drop rates have been kind to me this week so hopefully won't be long before I find my next upgrade smile.gif

CC is fun but as some point, it doesn't make such a big difference. I mean 50% CC or 53% is still pretty much 1/2 hits = Critical... it's good for the Paper DPS (which means nothing nowadays). Elemental dmg will be better for higher torments!

Crafting legendaries if you're low on souls is not worth it IMO. At 2 souls per craft, I've had bad luck with bad affixes crafting which would cost more souls to reroll...

You're better off waiting for a Weapon to drops and use the souls to enchant an affix.

Only Craft the item for the Transmog appearance cool.gif
post #725 of 798 Old 05-20-2014, 01:56 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 216
Finally got a Thunderfury and a Tal Rasha's Unwavering Glare. Unbuffed DPS is now 1,033,486! Buffed is 1,359,639! WOO! I finally broke a mil (this is in-game on the inventory screen. Profile DPS is about 793k)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MaraficeEye-1820/hero/11415651

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<--- All gamertags listed there -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

__________________________________________________ _
Plan9Reloaded Co-host
Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast

- direct pod link

- main website
post #726 of 798 Old 05-20-2014, 02:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Level 70 and Paragon level 2

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #727 of 798 Old 05-20-2014, 07:29 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Why is the profile number different?

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #728 of 798 Old 05-20-2014, 07:50 PM
Advanced Member

As far as I know it doesn't take some things into account, I'm really not sure. The in game amount is the eDPS, or effective DPS

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

- direct pod link

- main website
post #729 of 798 Old 05-21-2014, 01:54 AM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

My crusader just jumped to my highest dps character. It's too bad I never had a run like that on my other classes.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #730 of 798 Old 05-21-2014, 05:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post

Level 70 and Paragon level 2

Good job. Now the real "end-game" begins.

Quote:

My crusader just jumped to my highest dps character. It's too bad I never had a run like that on my other classes.

DPS doesn't mean everything tho. You'll also see that usually, crusader aren't the fastest cleaning class tongue.gif
post #731 of 798 Old 05-21-2014, 06:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Why is the profile number different?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marafice Eye View Post

As far as I know it doesn't take some things into account, I'm really not sure. The in game amount is the eDPS, or effective DPS

Seems to have lots of bug... for exemple, on my monk it shows the gloves at 29% CHD but they are at 49%... and it's not the stat I rerolled.....
post #732 of 798 Old 05-21-2014, 03:10 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard View Post

DPS doesn't mean everything tho. You'll also see that usually, crusader aren't the fastest cleaning class tongue.gif

Right now he is, almost double the dps of any of my others now.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #733 of 798 Old 05-22-2014, 05:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Right now he is, almost double the dps of any of my others now.

biggrin.gif

Maybe it was my build then but with all the skills with cooldown and low AoE, even with 900k DPS I couldn't kill as quickly as my other toons.

Also good news, the legendary drop buff is now PERMANENT. The rates are now the new baseline! Woot!

smile.gif

Happy hunting guys!

(I need to farm bounties now... out of caches from all those rifts. Or maybe I should carry people on T1 to gear them up and pay the rifts tongue.gif )
Arutha_conDoin likes this.
post #734 of 798 Old 05-22-2014, 08:01 AM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Is there a good site to get info about the specific farming places? I know there's a ring everyone wants form act 1 caches. What other things are farmable?

I was doing split bounties last night and got 1 legendary from all the caches and it was not the ring.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #735 of 798 Old 05-22-2014, 08:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Is there a good site to get info about the specific farming places? I know there's a ring everyone wants form act 1 caches. What other things are farmable?

I was doing split bounties last night and got 1 legendary from all the caches and it was not the ring.

Every Legendaries can drop everywhere. Torment only Legendaries can only drop in Torment.

For the Caches only drops :

http://www.diablohub.com/database/sorting/bounty-bags

The ring is the Ring of Royal Grandeur from act 1. It reduces the number of set items by 1. Very useful wink.gif

I need to farm some caches also, need a good roll on the RoRG and also a Dex one!! mad.gif
post #736 of 798 Old 05-22-2014, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

I found the Haunt of Vaxo amulet which is pretty sweet but it rolled with INT on my Barb?! I tried re-rolling to STR but got CD to go along with CC on the Ammy. Still an upgrade for me and I love the shadow clones it spawns which proc well with HoTA and Thunderstrike. But man it is expensive to re-roll stats on amulets! It requires a flawless imperial gem along with the other usual ingredients.

Really happy to hear about the permanent legendary buff but I was pretty unlucky last night. Only found a couple of legendary mats for gear that I don't have plans for yet.

post #737 of 798 Old 05-22-2014, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I found the Haunt of Vaxo amulet which is pretty sweet but it rolled with INT on my Barb?! I tried re-rolling to STR but got CD to go along with CC on the Ammy. Still an upgrade for me and I love the shadow clones it spawns which proc well with HoTA and Thunderstrike. But man it is expensive to re-roll stats on amulets! It requires a flawless imperial gem along with the other usual ingredients.

Really happy to hear about the permanent legendary buff but I was pretty unlucky last night. Only found a couple of legendary mats for gear that I don't have plans for yet.

Rerolling jewelry is really expensive!!

I'm stil trying to get some CC on my BK ring. Each rerolls is now 1 millions + the flawless amethyst ... so about 50++ tries without luck mad.gif

Your haunt rolled a nice CHD tho at 98%.

Not having a main stat isn't optimal but you can also use it on a future WD with a poison build!

And for the roll beeing INT for a Barb, smart-loot isn't always smart only like 75% of the time biggrin.gif

I still find some INT items on my monk and I had a set source drop on my barb wink.gif (and a Legend Voodo Mask!)
post #738 of 798 Old 05-23-2014, 06:05 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Spent 4 millions trying to get CC on my BK ring last night... no luck mad.gif

Another 1 M trying to get Holy % dmg on my Andy's without luck either.... mad.gif

Did act 1 bounty on T1 with my barb... 3 legends, 2 X Kill Dagger and 1 mighty Weapon... more souls tongue.gif
post #739 of 798 Old 05-23-2014, 08:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Damn Dashboard how did you get so much gold?

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #740 of 798 Old 05-23-2014, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post

Damn Dashboard how did you get so much gold?

I've been playing since Diablo 3's launch.

I was at around 220M coming into RoS.

My friend had 1B....

I hover between 175M-180M now.

Most of my gold comes from selling things on the Auction House before it was taken down. wink.gif
Arutha_conDoin likes this.
post #741 of 798 Old 05-23-2014, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I came in with about 110 million, and am already down to 85 million or so. I might end up selling yellows instead of salvaging here in the near future, damn gems and mystic are expensive! I had to reroll a wizards hat 12 times last night to get a socket, far more money than I wanted to spend on it.

The most frustrating issue I am having is that I want to play my Barb, but he is just not viable in Torment due to the gear not being up to par. That and my wizard can do a torment 2 rift in 20 minutes with no issues...kinda makes it hard to step back....wink.gif

Dustin
post #742 of 798 Old 05-24-2014, 03:08 PM
Advanced Member

Finally started getting my Vyr's set, got the chest (after 12 rerolls or more to get a triple socket) and the boots. Now up to 865k profile dps, and 1.519mil ingame. I've found that the difference is that the profile DPS does not calculate Crit Chance and Damage, while ingame does, hence why the ingame estimate is much higher.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

- direct pod link

- main website
post #743 of 798 Old 05-26-2014, 04:31 PM
Advanced Member

Now up to 1,751,992 DPS in game. Diablo Progress shows the unbuffed DPS as 1,002,000 since it doesn't take into account the crit chance and crit damage. Still trying to get my last 2 pieces of Vyr's. But Watch Dogs unlocks tonight so I'll be playing that for a while

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

- direct pod link

- main website
post #744 of 798 Old 05-26-2014, 04:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Quote:

Now up to 1,751,992 DPS in game. Diablo Progress shows the unbuffed DPS as 1,002,000 since it doesn't take into account the crit chance and crit damage. Still trying to get my last 2 pieces of Vyr's. But Watch Dogs unlocks tonight so I'll be playing that for a while

Have you done runs in Torment 6?

Also, looking forward to thoughts on WD.

Console gamers curious/interested in PC gaming?
post #745 of 798 Old 05-26-2014, 06:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

Have you done runs in Torment 6?

Also, looking forward to thoughts on WD.

Nope, too squishy. I can sorta handle Torment 3 solo, but it's just not efficient. Unless I'm looking for Torment only drops, I farm on Master since I can just melt everything.

Oh and new DPS is 1,772,454 (2,038,322.1 if they're within 15 yards of me lol)

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

- direct pod link

- main website
post #746 of 798 Old 05-26-2014, 07:05 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

I can handle t3 with my crusader, and he's at half the dps. I was able to do t4 a little with a group.

I have one of those amulets that gives immunity to arcane so those little lasers don't do anything to me. It's a massive help. I'd like to get more with different elements, but I haven't seen another.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #747 of 798 Old 05-26-2014, 07:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I can handle t3 with my crusader, and he's at half the dps. I was able to do t4 a little with a group.

I have one of those amulets that gives immunity to arcane so those little lasers don't do anything to me. It's a massive help. I'd like to get more with different elements, but I haven't seen another.

The thing with me though is, I'm flat out going for damage, literally a glass cannon. My toughness is only 6mil, (4.6 when moving) and I only have 319k health.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

- direct pod link

- main website
post #748 of 798 Old 05-27-2014, 06:02 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The thing with me though is, I'm flat out going for damage, literally a glass cannon. My toughness is only 6mil, (4.6 when moving) and I only have 319k health.

With 4.6M toughness you can do T1 easy biggrin.gif

My sorc is at ~1.4M DPS and 4M toughness and T1 is a breeze.

I don't know how you can farm on Master... thing about those Sets items and Torment only legendaries man!! tongue.gif
post #749 of 798 Old 05-27-2014, 11:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard View Post

With 4.6M toughness you can do T1 easy biggrin.gif

My sorc is at ~1.4M DPS and 4M toughness and T1 is a breeze.

I don't know how you can farm on Master... thing about those Sets items and Torment only legendaries man!! tongue.gif

Because it's more efficient lol. I'm just farming blood shards so its much faster on Master, though Torment 1 is pretty dang easy too. and I can run Torment 3-4 with a group and survive fairly well.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

- direct pod link

- main website
post #750 of 798 Old 05-27-2014, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Because it's more efficient lol. I'm just farming blood shards so its much faster on Master, though Torment 1 is pretty dang easy too. and I can run Torment 3-4 with a group and survive fairly well.

Torment 1 is pretty easy IMO.

At 1M DPS everything melt as fast, except maybe Elite Packs.

If you're farming blood shards, you should do it on Torment since the higher you are in difficulty, the more shards you get.
Reply HTPC Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page