Diablo 3 - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 791 Old 05-14-2012, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Diablo is coop in my mind. PVP was present in Diablo 2 but wasn't the main thing (at least for me).

It seems that Diablo 3 PVP will be more detailed and polished, like WoW with Arena and match-making, etc.

It isn't a bad thing tho, PVP was my main thing in WoW and can't wait to try it out in Diablo 3 either But my main focus is coop with friends and finding the best loot!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 791 Old 05-14-2012, 12:49 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I have a radeon hd 4850 and a amd x2 3800+. 2Gigs of ram.
my htpc was and always is a movie playing machine but can I play Diablo 2?
If not when does it come out for the xbox 360? (seriously)
post #93 of 791 Old 05-14-2012, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadia88 View Post

I have a radeon hd 4850 and a amd x2 3800+. 2Gigs of ram.
my htpc was and always is a movie playing machine but can I play Diablo 2?
If not when does it come out for the xbox 360? (seriously)

You'll play Diablo 2 fine. For Diablo 3 not sure, check out the card compabitility on b.net site.

For the console port, everything is just rumours and I hope it stays the same

I'm such a good employee, I asked my boss for the 16th off and he was giving it to me. Then I told him it wasn't necessary and I'll make sure everything is up to date on the 15th. He then realize the other guy I work with isn't there so he wants me to come in the 16th.... doh
post #94 of 791 Old 05-14-2012, 04:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
My copy of Diablo 3 has shipped from Newegg. Woo!

PSN - Mr_Frisch
XBL - Mr Frisch
Steam - Sneaky Pete
post #95 of 791 Old 05-14-2012, 08:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjb16 View Post

My copy of Diablo 3 has shipped from Newegg. Woo!

Nice! By the time you receive it, hopefully Blizzard will have ironed out any server issues and you can start playing without any hassle

I have the client installed and waiting to go. Hope I can get on later this morning for a bit before I have to go into work.

PSN/XBOX Live: Destro75
BattleNet Tag: BaronessMD#1680

Steam: vpnath

Gaming PC: i7 3770K OC 4.2Ghz, 16GB RAM, EVGA GTX 670 FTW Dual-SLI

post #96 of 791 Old 05-15-2012, 04:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 149
I am itching to play this, hard to focus at work today. I took the next 2 days off so I could play it!

post #97 of 791 Old 05-15-2012, 05:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 1345
Anyone get it up and running? Im hearing it's pretty difficult to get on and play right now (as expected).

Also really surprised to see they thumbed their noses at the press....no one seems to have been given review copies. I was expecting to wake up to 25 reviews, and instead, all I see are promises that they're coming in a few days.

Im gonna have to wait upon a kind soul to bless me with a guest pass, cause Im not ready to plop down the $60 until I know my integrated graphics can run it well enough.

Anyone got a spare?

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #98 of 791 Old 05-15-2012, 05:32 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

My friend was able to make it up to Cain's quest this morning (and he was happy to tell me he already got a rare drop! ).

For me, I used his account last night to download the client and install the game so after work, I just have to go pick my physical copy, tie my Cd-key to my account and enjoy!

today and tomorrow will be long at work... at least I took off the 17th and 18th
post #99 of 791 Old 05-15-2012, 06:07 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Anyone get it up and running? Im hearing it's pretty difficult to get on and play right now (as expected).

I just ran it for the first time and got on right away. But I wouldn't expect it to be busy right now.
post #100 of 791 Old 05-15-2012, 06:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sync View Post

I just ran it for the first time and got on right away. But I wouldn't expect it to be busy right now.

Yeah...I expect that to change starting about 4pm.

post #101 of 791 Old 05-15-2012, 07:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yeah...I expect that to change starting about 4pm.

If it does change at 4pm.. I hope it will be fixed at 5pm.. I finish working at 5
post #102 of 791 Old 05-15-2012, 07:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard View Post

If it does change at 4pm.. I hope it will be fixed at 5pm.. I finish working at 5

You and everyone else. That's why it's going to change.

Hopefully diablo fever will have died down a bit by the weekend....but I doubt it.

post #103 of 791 Old 05-15-2012, 07:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
So I was hesitant but ended up pulling the trigger on this one this morning. The beta didn't really captivate me that much, but I guess with no sub fee's this is a game I can pop in and out of over time, and hopefully the PvP will be decent once they implement it later on.

Downloading now while I work and will hopefully be ready for me when i get home! (It was going at 2.5MB/s so I should be good).

I imagine the servers will be fine tonight. I think it was just the rush @ 12:00 with everyone and their dog trying to log in and create a character at once that crashed the servers. While the servers will certainly be under load tonight, the load will probably be a lot more spread out.

PSN / Steam - KrimsonStudios
post #104 of 791 Old 05-15-2012, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
I got up at 4am this morning, and played for 3 hours before getting the kids and me ready for work/school, (just could not wait until after the kids went to be tonight ). I am currently at level 9, (wizard), and probably nearing the middle of Act 1, (headed into the catacombs to find King Leoric).

So far, I am having a good time. However, I do have a few complaints...

1) They stream lined the game too much for the casual gamer. I REALLY MISS being able to assign my attribute points on leveling, which made me feel like I had a small amount of customization to my character.

2) Mobs are occasionally warping up next to my guy. I am pretty sure it is server lag, as we can all expect the servers to be slammed for the near future. However, being a mage, it does present some concern as things are starting to hit harder already.

3) Mana pool is always 100...if you rune it I believe you can get 120-130ish...I wish there was more flex there...Arcane orb costs 20 per cast, and you tend to run out VERY fast when getting mobbed.

4) this one is my own fault...but DAMN my mage moves SLOW! Not a game complaint, just something I am not used to. I am used to playing a frenzy warrior in D2...anyone who played/saw those know what I mean .

Positives:
1)It is a solid game. Great framerates with little issue that is not server related. No bugs so far.

2)It is nice to be able to swap between runes and spells when you desire, and not be locked into one spec permanently.

3)Story is great, I am really enjoying it.

4)It has that good 'ole Diablo dungeon crawl feel to it, and a lot of nostalga...really well done!

5)Blacksmithing seems really solid, except I will have to wait on it early on as cash is much harder to come by.

6)Love the music, may have to pick up the soundtrack.

7) ITS DIABLO!

Dustin
post #105 of 791 Old 05-15-2012, 07:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

How does the leveling work compared to d2? You can't assign stat points? What about skill points? Do skills get more powerful as you dump more points into them, or does it work some other way?

One thing I never really liked about the system in diablo and wow was that I felt like you really needed to specialize, and it was kind of a PITA to respec if you wanted to try other playstyles. Is it still like that?

post #106 of 791 Old 05-15-2012, 07:55 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlconner View Post

1) They stream lined the game too much for the casual gamer. I REALLY MISS being able to assign my attribute points on leveling, which made me feel like I had a small amount of customization to my character.

3) Mana pool is always 100...if you rune it I believe you can get 120-130ish...I wish there was more flex there...Arcane orb costs 20 per cast, and you tend to run out VERY fast when getting mobbed.

For 1) I'm sad they removed it but I don't think it will be game breaker but the stats customization will come from gear and jewel so the game will be more gear dependant

3) There is items later on that increase the maximum mana pool (I believe there is also Passive skills probably).

bd2003: the stats auto allow based on the class you play. for the skill/runes, you unlock them at different level. They don't level up or anything, they all do damage based on weapon so they scale with the weapon as you progress.

I like the ability to respec and switch skill quick and try new stuff Tho at lvl 60 with the Nefarian Vector thing (spelling?) you'll have an incentivite to stick with your current build!
post #107 of 791 Old 05-15-2012, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

How does the leveling work compared to d2? You can't assign stat points? What about skill points? Do skills get more powerful as you dump more points into them, or does it work some other way?

One thing I never really liked about the system in diablo and wow was that I felt like you really needed to specialize, and it was kind of a PITA to respec if you wanted to try other playstyles. Is it still like that?

When you level up, you open the skills page and can select between spells for your left and right mouse click, as well as keys 1-4 if you have them unlocked, (level reqs). You also can pick among runes for each spell, if you have them unlocked, (level reqs). Other than that, nothing else happens when you level up, (stats are auto leveled as dashboard mentioned above).

Dashboard,
I hope you are right about equip upping the mana pool. Some of the stronger spells require 45-50 mana, which could be a fast drain if we cannot expand beyond the runes/talents that are available.

See you all in hell this evening .

Dustin
post #108 of 791 Old 05-15-2012, 08:21 AM
AVS Addicted Member

That actually sounds really cool and unique...starting to get really interested.

So let me get this straight...there's no longer a standard attack for left click, but specific skills?

I'll pay $5 for a guest pass. Need to see how this runs before I take the plunge. Pm me.

post #109 of 791 Old 05-15-2012, 08:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlconner View Post

When you level up, you open the skills page and can select between spells for your left and right mouse click, as well as keys 1-4 if you have them unlocked, (level reqs). You also can pick among runes for each spell, if you have them unlocked, (level reqs). Other than that, nothing else happens when you level up, (stats are auto leveled as dashboard mentioned above).

Dashboard,
I hope you are right about equip upping the mana pool. Some of the stronger spells require 45-50 mana, which could be a fast drain if we cannot expand beyond the runes/talents that are available.

See you all in hell this evening .

Dustin

Also, don't forget to enable Elective Mode in the option. It will allow you to bind your skill to the key you want. Other wise, the game pick what type of skill you use for 1-4 keys, left and right mouse button. With Elective mode, you can have all the defensive spells equipped at the same time for instance instead of having : 1 generator, 1 primary, 1 secondary, 1 defensive, etc.

Dustin, here is an example of item http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/wizardspike

gives +13-15 Maximum arcane power. There is also lots of Wizard's item that reduce the cost of the spells

Bd, jsut saw your pm, I'll probably have more than enough Guest passes and don't care for the 5$. I'll gladly give it to a fellow AV member
post #110 of 791 Old 05-15-2012, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Also, don't forget to enable Elective Mode in the option. It will allow you to bind your skill to the key you want. Other wise, the game pick what type of skill you use for 1-4 keys, left and right mouse button. With Elective mode, you can have all the defensive spells equipped at the same time for instance instead of having : 1 generator, 1 primary, 1 secondary, 1 defensive, etc.

Dustin, here is an example of item http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/wizardspike

gives +13-15 Maximum arcane power. There is also lots of Wizard's item that reduce the cost of the spells

Bd, jsut saw your pm, I'll probably have more than enough Guest passes and don't care for the 5$. I'll gladly give it to a fellow AV member

Thanks Dashboard, I will have to check that out tonight, as my work filters now block most gaming sites, (damn them, are we supposed to work here or something?!?).

Dustin
post #111 of 791 Old 05-15-2012, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
I was able to log in without issue at 7AM EST and played for a couple of hours. I got my Demon Hunter to level 8 and reached level 3 of the Cathedral.

My overall impressions have been positive so far. The game runs great on my PC at 1080p with max detail but the graphics don't really blow you away. I like the atmosphere though and nothing beats this game for old-fashioned dungeon-crawling.

I'm liking the Demon Hunter class so far. I'm finding Caltrops to be indispensable for kiting enemies. I haven't played a PC game in a while so I'm still trying to figure out the best keyboard/mouse combo to use my abilities effectively.

Is there an easy way to switch between primary skills? I mainly use my Hungering arrow but I would like to use Entangled Shot sometimes to slow down enemies. I know you can switch between secondary skills using the mousewheel.

Can't wait to get home and play some more tonight!

PSN/XBOX Live: Destro75
BattleNet Tag: BaronessMD#1680

Steam: vpnath

Gaming PC: i7 3770K OC 4.2Ghz, 16GB RAM, EVGA GTX 670 FTW Dual-SLI

post #112 of 791 Old 05-15-2012, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That actually sounds really cool and unique...starting to get really interested.

So let me get this straight...there's no longer a standard attack for left click, but specific skills?

I'll pay $5 for a guest pass. Need to see how this runs before I take the plunge. Pm me.

You have ~5 skills you unlock for primary attack, which cost no mana, (or generate rage if your a barb). That is your left mouse click. I have noticed that if mobs are in meelee range though, I swing my weapon as opposed to hit them with my ranged arcane missle. Your right mouse button will bind your main mana burning skill, such as frost spike in my case. Before I unlocked my other active skill, however, it was just general meelee.

dustin
post #113 of 791 Old 05-15-2012, 08:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

You'll be my hero.

No rush, not gonna be able to even start downloading till later this afternoon, but if it runs well I'll prob pick it up tomorrow. Pm me whenever it's convenient.

Starcraft 2 runs well enough on medium on my setup (i5 sandy bridge hd3000), so I'm hopeful.

post #114 of 791 Old 05-15-2012, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You'll be my hero.

No rush, not gonna be able to even start downloading till later this afternoon, but if it runs well I'll prob pick it up tomorrow. Pm me whenever it's convenient.

Starcraft 2 runs well enough on medium on my setup (i5 sandy bridge hd3000), so I'm hopeful.

Make sure you jump into the options and crank the settings down if you think it is borderline...they have most things pumped up to begin with.

Dustin
post #115 of 791 Old 05-15-2012, 08:48 AM
AVS Addicted Member

So tell me if I've got the skill/leveling system straight.

You have no control over stats like str, agi, etc - it just grows automatically as you level.

You have various classes of skills, and you choose one primary, one secondary, and four tertiary? Passives are separate? And you can choose any skills you've unlocked at any time, without dealing with skill trees and/or points?

And then you've got skill runes which also unlock as you level, and allow you to further modify a skill...but you're never locked in and can customize at will?

What happens when you press 1-4? It just activates the skill, or does that just select it and then you've gotta click click click to cast it?

post #116 of 791 Old 05-15-2012, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So tell me if I've got the skill/leveling system straight.

You have no control over stats like str, agi, etc - it just grows automatically as you level.

You have various classes of skills, and you choose one primary, one secondary, and four tertiary? Passives are separate? And you can choose any skills you've unlocked at any time, without dealing with skill trees and/or points?

And then you've got skill runes which also unlock as you level, and allow you to further modify a skill...but you're never locked in and can customize at will?

What happens when you press 1-4? It just activates the skill, or does that just select it and then you've gotta click click click to cast it?

You're pretty right.

The most class I checked is the Monk since I'll be maining him so I'll speak about him :

He has primary (spirit generator), secodnary (spirit spender), defensive, techniques (another spirit spender), focus and mantra. +3 passive skills (unlock at level 10,20,30).

with elective mode you choose whatever skill you want to use and bind them to the keys (1-4 + mouse). If you press number 1-4, it uses the skill. For instacne, I plan on having my mantra on 4 so hitting 4 will activate my mantra.

To respec, I think you need to be in town and can switch skills and runes as you like. Check blizzard site for the skill calculator http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian
post #117 of 791 Old 05-15-2012, 09:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Sounds great then. They really rethought everything. I guess that's what happens the time between releases is measured in decades.

post #118 of 791 Old 05-15-2012, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member

I was changing spells and runes in the middle of a cave
post #119 of 791 Old 05-15-2012, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
You can "respec" anywhere. In the earlier beta's you had to go to town and there was an altar you used to change your spec but now you just bring up the menu and can swap your abilities around the fly.

They put a semi-long cooldown on the abilities you swap in though. So you can't just power swap through abilities in the middle of a fight to dodge cooldowns, you realitically need to do so between fights while out of combat.

I think it will become key when people hit Inferno to learn how to use a few different specs and swap for the situation. Like have more control/aoe while clearing the trash and then switch over to nukes when you get to a boss.

PSN / Steam - KrimsonStudios
post #120 of 791 Old 05-15-2012, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

You're right guys, I forgot you can swap skills anywhere now but there is cooldown. I remember switching skill during the Skeleton King fight to test different effects too

4 more hours before the longest day at work ends... tomorrow will be longer but at least I'll be hangover (maybe my boss will tell me to go home since I'll be looking/acting like a zombie)
Reply HTPC Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page