AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

Finally I'm not the only one! lol

Oh you're not alone... there are more of us that 'just don't get it'.

Watching that above airsoft video (10 commandments) makes you see that these guys are possibly the Uber nerds of our 'FPS gaming' generation.
I give them credit for having the courage to be grown men running around with toy guns, but at the same time the ones that go FULL ON authentic military poser leave me wondering why.
Are some of these guys just one more plastic pellet to the nut-sack away from building a compound in Texas... .

* Obviously that last comment was not meant to be taken serious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poAmF...yer_detailpage

Jason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2011, 05:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 271 Post(s)
Liked: 343
BTW, I'm not dissing you guys who love this stuff, by all means do what makes you happy. I spend tons of money on stuff people could care less about. Don't take what I'm saying as an insult or anything.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

Old 09-13-2011, 05:14 PM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 864 Post(s)
Liked: 1040
I'm a bit different. I haven't actually played an airsoft game.

I'm a gun enthusiast that lives in California. If you want automatic weapons in California, you either have to be a bonafide gangster or in the military and even that is a stretch. Furthermore, I live in the suburbs. I can't just go outside to let a mag rip shooting into a huge field or something. I have neighbors. Would prolly scare the f**k out of them if I shot a real gun in the backyard. I find that I can get some enjoyment out of collecting cool guns without all the overhead of actually owning real steel stuff. All the legal and financial stuff, you know. Real guns and bullets are expensive! BB's... not so much. I can't just go to the gun store and buy a Glock 18 fully automatic pistol or an AK47. That's not something that's regularlly stocked at Walmart. But if you guys know of one in Cali, you let me know.

I know. It's dumb but people collect all sorts of things.

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

Old 09-13-2011, 06:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 169
It's not dumb at all Scott, if that's your thing then by all means, there are far worse things you could be collecting. My post was not meant to offend it was just another 'I don't get it' and of course it is in our nature to question what we don't understand.

Jason
Old 09-13-2011, 06:56 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

I'm a bit different. I haven't actually played an airsoft game.

I'm a gun enthusiast that lives in California. If you want automatic weapons in California, you either have to be a bonafide gangster or in the military and even that is a stretch. Furthermore, I live in the suburbs. I can't just go outside to let a mag rip shooting into a huge field or something. I have neighbors. Would prolly scare the f**k out of them if I shot a real gun in the backyard. I find that I can get some enjoyment out of collecting cool guns without all the overhead of actually owning real steel stuff. All the legal and financial stuff, you know. Real guns and bullets are expensive! BB's... not so much. I can't just go to the gun store and buy a Glock 18 fully automatic pistol or an AK47. That's not something that's regularlly stocked at Walmart. But if you guys know of one in Cali, you let me know.

I know. It's dumb but people collect all sorts of things.

Hey man I am similar to you in the fact I love guns, especially those of the military full auto variety. I bought a G&G air soft MP5 about 6 months ago because I would love to have a real one. Well let me tell you this air soft gun is unbelievably realistic. It weighs the same as a real one, the safety, clip, butt stock, even the cocking mechanism or "charger" works like the real one. So far not one person who has been to my house has guessed it is not the real thing. Even the accessories that work on the real guns will work on these, as they have identical rail systems and what not. I think I might just start collecting air soft models of guns that I would like to own, as there is just no way I could afford the real ones even if I could acquire a license to buy automatic weapons. So far I have the G&G MP5 with blow-back, and I bought a JG G36 for cheap. The JG is pretty cool, but it feels a bit cheap and is not as realistic as the G&G MP5, even though it weighs 9 pounds. They both shoot really well and once you dial the sights in for a particular distance, they are surprisingly accurate. I would like to acquire some more models of the realistic air soft guns, and mount them on my wall in my PC room as suggested by my wife. I would like a full metal M60 air soft or maybe a SAW. In the air soft market, any gun you like they probably make a good replica full metal version of it (if the real gun is made of metal). And no, I have never even played air soft in my life! Just think these guns are bad ass. Air soft has come a long way since the crap that was in the back of the comic books when I was a kid...
Old 09-13-2011, 07:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Aside from gaming, I like A/V stuff obviously. I also collect certain Transformers toys (couldn't get many of the toys I wanted when I was a kid, though my parents did their best) and I'm a big football fan (Dolphins in the NFL) and collect certain cards from time to time.

I also have 4 dogs who keep me occupied a good bit.

PSN - Mr_Frisch
XBL - Mr Frisch
Steam - Sneaky Pete
Old 09-13-2011, 08:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: guarding my retirement igloo...with a McMillan TAC-50 long range sniper rifle
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwing View Post

Hey man I am similar to you in the fact I love guns, especially those of the military full auto variety. I bought a G&G air soft MP5 about 6 months ago because I would love to have a real one. Well let me tell you this air soft gun is unbelievably realistic. It weighs the same as a real one, the safety, clip, butt stock, even the cocking mechanism or "charger" works like the real one. So far not one person who has been to my house has guessed it is not the real thing. Even the accessories that work on the real guns will work on these, as they have identical rail systems and what not. I think I might just start collecting air soft models of guns that I would like to own, as there is just no way I could afford the real ones even if I could acquire a license to buy automatic weapons. So far I have the G&G MP5 with blow-back, and I bought a JG G36 for cheap. The JG is pretty cool, but it feels a bit cheap and is not as realistic as the G&G MP5, even though it weighs 9 pounds. They both shoot really well and once you dial the sights in for a particular distance, they are surprisingly accurate. I would like to acquire some more models of the realistic air soft guns, and mount them on my wall in my PC room as suggested by my wife. I would like a full metal M60 air soft or maybe a SAW. In the air soft market, any gun you like they probably make a good replica full metal version of it (if the real gun is made of metal). And no, I have never even played air soft in my life! Just think these guns are bad ass. Air soft has come a long way since the crap that was in the back of the comic books when I was a kid...

If you really want realistic airsoft guns and also to be wall hangers, get some gas blow back guns. The WE TECH ones I have disassembles just like their RS counterparts. My WE M4 is so realistic that the ATF has banned it. But other gas blow back guns are available in the US such as the WE SCAR and WE M14. Basically most gas blow back rifles function more or less like their real RS counterparts due to the nature of how gas blow back airsoft guns work. Gas blow back airsoft rifles, sim works just as the RS gas blow back guns works except the bolt assembly is pushed back from the piston with some of the gas propellant that pushes out the BB rather then gas from the exhaust gas blowback tube to push the bolt back and then the return/recoil spring on both will send the bolt forward to chamber the next round. Once you fired a GBBR the AEG EBB blow back (recoil ???) just don't compare.

ADD: here is vid showing the cleaning of a WE M4 (sim to other GBB M4s). See how much it is like a real AR. So if you want the realism, then get a GBB-R

the RS AR

WE M4 and RS AR. Funny in the vid when the guy had to move since his partner'e ejected shell casing were hitting him.

You do not stop playing because you get old...
You get old because you stop playing.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 68
One hobby that I started to get into full-bore a few years ago is collecting and listening to classical and film score music. It is an expensive hobby for me, so those Steam deals really help out.

I am also an avid baseball fanatic. I would hardly ever miss a Yankees game when I was a kid. I actually skipped school a few times just so I could watch the Yankees home opener.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Of all the sports to skip school for, baseball doesn't seem like a prudent choice. I mean there's 162 games. :lol:

PSN - Mr_Frisch
XBL - Mr Frisch
Steam - Sneaky Pete
Old 09-14-2011, 02:17 AM
AVS Special Member

I found a lot of excitement in watching a home opener in a packed Yankees stadium. Maybe not as exciting to most who take pleasure in watching bone-crunching tackles, but it was certainly exciting to me.

Of course, nothing beats actually being there. I went to one home opener, and the crowd just seemed much more enthused during the first home game after a long hiatus.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:43 AM
Advanced Member

I've purchased a few nerf guns to see if I could mod them. I have succeeded a few times and failed once.. Nothing like giving kids nerf guns that shock pets when shot. Not that I condone shooting pets with modded nerf guns heh.

What will become - Is my Will
Old 09-14-2011, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: guarding my retirement igloo...with a McMillan TAC-50 long range sniper rifle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrheretic View Post

I've purchased a few nerf guns to see if I could mod them. I have succeeded a few times and failed once.. Nothing like giving kids nerf guns that shock pets when shot. Not that I condone shooting pets with modded nerf guns heh.

I have this maple tree right outside of bedroom window. Every spring when the birds nest and when the baby chicks hatch it's like a frigging chirping fest going on. This starts just at dawn around 4am. I sometimes wish I could hose them with 300 rounds of BBs. But that would just be mean...

Old 09-14-2011, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker View Post

I have this maple tree right outside of bedroom window. Every spring when the birds nest and when the baby chicks hatch it's like a frigging chirping fest going on. This starts just at dawn around 4am. I sometimes wish I could hose them with 300 rounds of BBs. But that would just be mean...

That would be mean and downright sociopathic.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

Oh you're not alone... there are more of us that 'just don't get it'.

Watching that above airsoft video (10 commandments) makes you see that these guys are possibly the Uber nerds of our 'FPS gaming' generation.
I give them credit for having the courage to be grown men running around with toy guns, but at the same time the ones that go FULL ON authentic military poser leave me wondering why.
Are some of these guys just one more plastic pellet to the nut-sack away from building a compound in Texas... .

* Obviously that last comment was not meant to be taken serious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poAmF...yer_detailpage
Jason

As far as the AATV guys, they are just having fun with the 10 C vid, but rem the 10th C is to have fun.

You would be surprised at how may current serving and ex military/police/security pple play airsoft. The US Rangers along with a few police forces use airsoft for non lethal weapons training.

I guess it's each to their own, airsoft is like any thing else. You either like it or you don't.

ADD just a response to you NERF vid

Looks lame right...

Note at the 30 sec mark in this vid, the trainer is using a airsoft pistol, see the orange/red tip. Sorry embedding disable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=868tX...eature=feedrec

Old 09-18-2011, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Airsoft related:

Well I got the AK-47 AIMS. Over all the body is mainly made of real steel (magnet tested). Some parts are alum? (outer barrel) and some pot metal (front site post and gas block end). Fore grip is laminated wood as the RS Romanian AK. Has nice wear spots from factory just like if the wood has been worn with use, but the rest of the gun looks factory new ...needs to age and wear. Comes with a 600rd hi cap metal mag, 8.4v 1200ma battery (tested and it's 10.2 v ???), wall charger and cleaning rod. The Kalash trades wore off in two days since they were just printed on, but that's OK since I hate trades on an AK. Ugly plastic orange flash hider that wasn't even glued on straight. It's gone and I am waiting for a metal one to come but for now I just put on a Madbull Noveske sound amp flash hider. Kind of looks neat . Also I am waiting on a scope mount so I can add a red dot reflex site. Post pics once it's pimped out a little. It shots ~400fps with 0.20g BBs. Rate of fire is about ~10-12 rps with the supplied 8.4v battery. It's loud due to the blowback. The bolt only has very limited travel (not like a real one) but it does provide some recoil effects but no where as much as the GBB-R. I was going to wait to get the new WE Tech AK GBB-R but then I thght about the cost of the gas mags and that settled the issue .

ADD: The good build quality surprised me since it's not an expensive AEG. One thing with mine was that I had to tighten the fire selector switch which came loose. This seems to a common complaint of some AK AEGs.

ADD2: maybe I shld have gotten a full wood stock AK-47 AEG that stores the battery in the stock if there are any which I dought since all AKs seems to be built from the same gen plans. The Romanian AK uses a stick type battery that is stored in the upper receiver section. LiPo sticks do not fit, so stuck with the NiMh stick batteries.

Old 09-19-2011, 02:57 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I only played airsoft in college, when my roomates and I would run around the house shooting each other and giggling like school girls.

My hobbies, however, including construction projects, video games, almost all sports, and home brewing my own beer. I recently build my own full size arcade machine that emulates all arcade games form the 70s to 2003ish. My current project is working on my third car garage to make a workshop out it. Then it is on to the home theater in the basement!

I waste way too much time playing video games and watching sports...Gears of war 3 tomorrow!!!!

I love brewing and have my own multitap kegerator built from a chest freezer for my homebrew. I have a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale clone fermenting, and an Oatmeal Stout and a Pliny the Elder clone currently on tap.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Airsoft related post:

And I thght we were a little over the top with mil sim airsoft. Take a look at this airsoft vid from Russia....

Old 10-01-2011, 03:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 49
You know you guys who are into Airsoft, have you ever considered Military Re-Enactment? Civil War gets all the attention but really WW2 is where it sat....

Xbox Live / PS3 / Steam: HeadRusch1
Keeping the world safe from the evil antics of Bernie Tanaka and Mel Fujitsu since 1986

Old 10-01-2011, 06:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadRusch View Post

You know you guys who are into Airsoft, have you ever considered Military Re-Enactment? Civil War gets all the attention but really WW2 is where it sat....

Nope since I don't like the outcome to be predetermined or dictated by some history buff. Also just can not put up with those "MUST" be historical accurate above all else types.

I don't even like FPS that are not in the modern (current/near future) setting. WW2 was way over done on the computer IMO.

Old 10-01-2011, 11:59 PM
Bass Enabler

Quote:

Nope since I don't like the outcome to be predetermined or dictated by some history buff. Also just can not put up with those "MUST" be historical accurate above all else types.

I don't even like FPS that are not in the modern (current/near future) setting. WW2 was way over done on the computer IMO.

I'd say that about WW2 games five years ago cuz five years ago they had been saturating the market. At this point, I'm sick of 'modern' games.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

Old 10-16-2011, 01:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Airsoft related:

Well airsoft season is over for me this year. Hurt my back (again ) in a private game with some ex and current mil guys and the Doc says to take it easy for at least a month or two. May be I will get some pics done for the AK and L96 finally . I was looking into getting a Kobra reflex red dot for the AK but the airsoft clones are not that great and are relatively expensive for what they are. The RS Russian Kobra is ~$500 plus so that is out of the question. I just got an AK side scope mount and a cheapo reflex sight on it. It works but does not look as cool as it would with the Kobra as used on the RS AK by the Spetsnaz. Well I could always claim it's a PMCs' AK....

Got a new lid...a MICH 2001 clone (a light weight version). It fits better then the IBH helmet when wearing the Sordin head set. Still like the Pro-Tec lid for its super light weight and air vents all around but the Sordin do not work with it so I use a throat mic system with it instead which I do not like as much as the Sordin since I hate ear buds. Also looking at a clone OPS-Core FAST Carbon Helmet. It's a little expensive for a replica but hey since I can't play I am prob going to go broke buying sh@t instead anyway....

I am also waiting on delivery of a new in box Surefire M951 weapons light (wanted a M952V but could not find a new one at an affordable price or that can be imported from the US). I wanted it for the IR feature to use with my two NV devices. In hindsight it would have been a lot cheaper to just get some CREE IR LED bulbs for my cheap tac lights instead.

Also a ton of diff batteries from all over the place off of e-bay for all the stuff that needs them.

Just rambling...pain killers and Scotch.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Aren't all those "Airsoft" guns on newegg basically spring loaded (one shot, **** handle, one shot, **** handle, etc) undersized garbage???

Keeping the world safe from the evil antics of Bernie Tanaka and Mel Fujitsu since 1986

Old 11-04-2011, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Just rambling...pain killers and Scotch.

And you aren't behind the wheel of your driving sim cockpit!?!?! Get TO it man!

Old 11-04-2011, 09:35 AM
Bass Enabler

Quote:

I used to have a full sized metal version that really pumped out the ...uhhh... plastic.

http://www.evike.com/product_info.ph...60ab971aef681d

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Old 11-04-2011, 10:48 AM

Sorry guys. I was just trying to help. I'll delete the post.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

And you aren't behind the wheel of your driving sim cockpit!?!?! Get TO it man!

The probm is I can't get in the racing seat and sit too long...too low. My back is actually getting better but I don't want to do like I did last time and rushed it. Unfortunately that does not affect my fingers and it's too easy to buy stuff online.... Tons of airsoft sh@t, actually a lot of expensive RS parts and BDUs .

Old 11-04-2011, 09:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The probm is I can't get in the racing seat and sit too long...too low. My back is actually getting better but I don't want to do like I did last time and rushed it. Unfortunately that does not affect my fingers and it's too easy to buy stuff online.... Tons of airsoft sh@t, actually a lot of expensive RS parts and BDUs .

Ahhhhh.....understood.....well remember, opiates and bbguns don't mix

Old 11-04-2011, 11:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ahhhhh.....understood.....well remember, opiates and bbguns don't mix

Under stood, but only Scotch. I been so pissed off lately with the BF3 cloud data sh@t that don't work at times, so I had to do some indoor shooting with my airsoft guns just out of boredom. It ended with a few holes in the walls. Damn roccohetes...

Old 11-05-2011, 06:54 AM
AVS Special Member

I avoided BF3 completely.....once I heard "campaign is boring and only 5-6 long" I decided to wait for the inevitable $19.99 version...

Old 11-12-2011, 10:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Airsoft related (sort of): If you know RS firearms and (former) Magpul instructor/spokesman, then you know Travis Haley