post #1 of 8 Old 05-29-2011, 09:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoI34id84RI

Watch this and tell me this isn't one of the most amazing things that you've ever seen.

Supposedly this is a mod for the PC version of NBA 2K9. I have searched everywhere, and I can't find this damn mod. I want to play with these guys from the 96/97 NBA Season so bad. It looks so freaking amazing. Stockton and Malone in their Prime? Tim Hardaway on the Miami Heat, Alonzo Mourning back in Charlotte... just awesome.

I'll buy NBA 2K9 in a New York minute, if I could just find this freaking mod somewhere for download.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-30-2011, 02:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Man all the classic players I remeber growin up. Tim Hardaway's cross-over and Latrell Spreewell's signature dunk. Epic mod you must find it!! lol

PSN:The_Wise_Guy
XBL:DirtySanWiseGuy
Steam:The_Wise_Guy
BF4 PC:The_Wise_Guy

post #3 of 8 Old 05-31-2011, 12:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 193
That
is
AWESOME!

The Hardaway killer cross over! The Reign Man power dunks! The Hakeem footwork! The John Tesh musical masterpiece!

The only two objections I have is that there is no way Starks would get a facial dunk on Shaq, and Penny Hardaway even at his best could still never cross up The Glove and make him look silly like that.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #4 of 8 Old 05-31-2011, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

That
is
AWESOME!

The Hardaway killer cross over! The Reign Man power dunks! The Hakeem footwork! The John Tesh musical masterpiece!

The only two objections I have is that there is no way Starks would get a facial dunk on Shaq, and Penny Hardaway even at his best could still never cross up The Glove and make him look silly like that.

Yeah man... but just seeing all these players inserted into a modern day b-ball game. It's so freaking amazing. The courts, the uniforms the hairstyles, everything. It's absolutely sensational, and much more interesting than playing with the current NBA players. I'd much rather be transported back to 1996-1997 that was truly a glory year in terms of all the unforgettable players that were still active or rookies, or somewhere in-between.

I still have not found out anything about where to download the mod, or how to get it to work.
post #5 of 8 Old 06-01-2011, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

Yeah man... but just seeing all these players inserted into a modern day b-ball game. It's so freaking amazing. The courts, the uniforms the hairstyles, everything. It's absolutely sensational, and much more interesting than playing with the current NBA players. I'd much rather be transported back to 1996-1997 that was truly a glory year in terms of all the unforgettable players that were still active or rookies, or somewhere in-between.

I still have not found out anything about where to download the mod, or how to get it to work.

It may be more fun to look at than play. From what I remember of NBA 2K games, they were mostly a series of pre-rendered animations that you sat back and watched after pressing the correct trick buttons. PLus when most people make mods, they tend to cut to the very best looking parts and cut out the things that don't work so well. Kind of like movie trailers.
post #6 of 8 Old 06-01-2011, 10:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJonathan View Post

It may be more fun to look at than play. From what I remember of NBA 2K games, they were mostly a series of pre-rendered animations that you sat back and watched after pressing the correct trick buttons.

NBA 2K9 on the Xbox 360 was a pretty damn fine basketball game. Haven't played any of the PC versions yet, so can't comment on those. 2K10 on the 360 was also good, but heard the online play was broken compared to the previous year. NBA 2K11 has won many Sports game of the Year awards, but I've only played the demo.

The way it works in those games, is that your player will make certain moves based on his ability as a player, where he is located on the court, if there are any defenders around him, etc, etc, how you time the button pushes to get just the right touch on the shot. (mostly timing when to release your shot after jumping)

You might think the whole thing is too automated, but I think they handle the playability pretty well. The key thing about the 2K series, is that you can lock people down defensively, so it isn't always just a layup fest. The downside is that certain players (LeBron and many others), will hit 3-pointer after 3-pointer, even with somebody right in their face trying to defend.
post #7 of 8 Old 06-07-2011, 12:55 PM

Liked: 10
Hmm I didn't think 2k9 came out on PC, oh well. If it's on the internet, chances are you can find it here: http://forums.nba-live.com/viewforum.php?f=86

But to be honest, I'd just pick up 2k11 for PC, most of those players are in the game OUT OF THE BOX, including MJ. And seeing as it's the most popular PC basketball game ever, I'm sure there's tones of mods and support!
post #8 of 8 Old 06-07-2011, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsey View Post

But to be honest, I'd just pick up 2k11 for PC, most of those players are in the game OUT OF THE BOX, including MJ. And seeing as it's the most popular PC basketball game ever, I'm sure there's tones of mods and support!

Well, first off, the designers of that mod basically re-created the 1996-1997 Season in NBA 2K9. Every single team, every player on the roster, every uniform, every basketball court was adjusted back to the 1996-1997 season. NBA 2K11 has Jordan, no doubt, but from what I can tell, the Jordan that is in this mod looks even more accurate than what Visual Concepts created... Seriously.

As for just buying 2K11, well, so far I haven't been able to find any new information on how to get this mod, or how to get it working (although must admit haven't spent much time trying to figure it out or search around), and supposedly the 2K11 community is patiently waiting for the 1996/1997 season mod to be added to 2K11. Supposedly the same guys are working on it, and they have said that the mod should be finished in the near future and made available to 2K11 players. So yeah, maybe 2K11 is the way to go, if that mod is coming soon.

Still, if I could be playing that mod in 2K9 right now, I certainly would have no qualms about doing it.
Reply HTPC Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page