AVS Forum banner

Best wireless router

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  LexInVA 
#1 ·
The wireless router provided by FIOS stinks. I am looking to getting a new wireless router with better range, faster throughput? wireless n, gigabit ports etc.

I will be attaching to food router to Internet but more important will be great speed over gigabit network when accessing large 50+gb iso and mkv files wirelessly from server. What product has best chance of meeting my needs?

#2 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepmback /forum/post/20704958

The wireless router provided by FIOS stinks. I am looking to getting a new wireless router with better range, faster throughput? wireless n, gigabit ports etc.

I will be attaching to food router to Internet but more important will be great speed over gigabit network when accessing large 50+gb iso and mkv files wirelessly from server. What product has best chance of meeting my needs?

The top routers right now are Netgear's High Performance products which are designed for what you want to do but they can only do so much and it sounds like you have some very high and mighty expectations. Unless you have the right kind of network hardware for lots of throughput, you won't be able to do heavy streaming and you certainly can't do a lot of it wirelessly with high-bitrate stuff as wireless can't sustain the needed rates.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.