AVS Forum banner

Win every Steam game ever (past, present & future)

2K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  pcweber111 
#1 ·
PC Gamer is running a contest that you can win a new, high-end gaming PC but the real prize is you get to download for free, at any time, any game ever released on Steam, AND you get, for free, EVERY FUTURE game that will ever come out on Steam.

Details in the latest PC Gamer magazine and on their web site.

#3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR
PC Gamer is running a contest that you can win a new, high-end gaming PC but the real prize is you get to download for free, at any time, any game ever released on Steam, AND you get, for free, EVERY FUTURE game that will ever come out on Steam.

Details in the latest PC Gamer magazine and on their web site.
Link?

#9 ·
winning this would almost be a curse though. You wouldn't know what the hell to play, and you'd be constantly downloading everything, plus you'd have to pay tax on the PC, and I'm guessing you might have to pay tax on the steam games, and also dealing with bandwidth caps.

It's one of those situations where you would think that if you worked at a video store, and could take any game you wanted home with you at night, it would be a great situation because you'd have access to so many games at your whim, but the reality is that too many options, and too many choices can actually be kind of a bad thing in the long run.

Most people would want to keep sampling more and more games, and what would happen is that you'd barely touch the tip of the iceberg on most games. You'd never really get deep into any of them, because there would always be that next game that would be calling you to try it. A new experience always awaits, so you get into this rut, where you try a wee bit of everything, but never get really deep into anything. Like dating a million supermodels, but never having a deep relationship with any single woman. Fun for sure, but also very shallow.

#10 ·
My gaming habits probably wouldn't change much if I were to win a contest that actually did offer every single game available on Steam. I would have an irrational obsession with installing every game while being mindful of my 250GB per month cap. I imagine that doing this would take a ridiculous amount of hard drive space.

#18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarm87 /forum/post/20743827

what the F*&K! all 50 states & district of columbia excluding rhode island what kind of bullshat is that?

*looks at swarms location*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.