AVS Forum banner

Surround sound headsets

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  CHAVAN30 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with surround sound headsets for PC gaming? Instead of buying a second 5.1 speaker set I'm seriously considering a surround headset as long as it has real surround, not emulated.

Turtle Beach just announced four new Modern Warfare 3 -themed headsets , and they have the just released Z6A which is also a "real" 5.1 headset AFAICT. I'm unfamiliar with headset/headphone specs and especially surround ones - any input very welcome!

edit: the higher-end PC version Bravo specs list "stereo input jack," which implies that the MW3 versions will be emulation. Z6A does have 3 stereo input jacks for true surround. Whether that translates to true surround sound experience is something I'm skeptical about.

#3 ·
There is a thread on here about a few different brands of actual 5.1 headphones.

I personally have a set of Roccat Kave 5.1, Medusa 5.1 as my current 2 that I actually use. I can attest that they are both great headphones. There are quite a few choices and I've probably had ever set you'll find at one point of another. For actual 5.1's, those are my favorite 2.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.