Battlefield 3 - Page 10 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
First ... 8  9  10 11  12  ... Last
HTPC Gaming > Battlefield 3
WiseGuy2k7's Avatar WiseGuy2k7 07:33 AM 12-12-2011
I played abit last night and did not too bad. I got 6000 points with only getting 2 kills the whole round. I played as a medic in Grand Bazaar map..easy points, as that one alleyway is a meat grinder. All you gotta do is hang back throw some med packs and revive. I also threw in some BF2 for old time sake and it was still a good game. A helpful hint for anyone wanting to play the Steam version of the game is disable the Steam Overlay. I kept on getting booted by punkbuster for running a unknown driver. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
OmfgItzThaMack's Avatar OmfgItzThaMack 09:42 AM 12-12-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseGuy2k7 View Post

I played abit last night and did not too bad. I got 6000 points with only getting 2 kills the whole round. I played as a medic in Grand Bazaar map..easy points, as that one alleyway is a meat grinder. All you gotta do is hang back throw some med packs and revive. I also threw in some BF2 for old time sake and it was still a good game. A helpful hint for anyone wanting to play the Steam version of the game is disable the Steam Overlay. I kept on getting booted by punkbuster for running a unknown driver. lol

Yeah I started playing with the medic class last night and what a HUGE difference it made using the M16 opposed to the Scar H. The bigger mags just helped me mow down 2-3 guys at once, it was awesome. I'm still pretty terrible at the game but learning slow.

So question...why does it say press "Q" to offer healing when what you really do (or what you appear to do) is just throw down med packs or use the defib?
Dashboard's Avatar Dashboard 11:10 AM 12-12-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmfgItzThaMack View Post

Yeah I started playing with the medic class last night and what a HUGE difference it made using the M16 opposed to the Scar H. The bigger mags just helped me mow down 2-3 guys at once, it was awesome. I'm still pretty terrible at the game but learning slow.

So question...why does it say press "Q" to offer healing when what you really do (or what you appear to do) is just throw down med packs or use the defib?

I think it makes you appear as a first aid cross on the map so your team members can see you as a medic and come find you for healing.
Tinker's Avatar Tinker 11:38 AM 12-12-2011
I played for about a couple of hours last night after not playing for over a week. I got one of my best kill streaks and in Metro being on the US side (which has a hard time winning since the other side get two flags faster). I was a camping engineer and just SMAW spam'd the top of the escalator near where the ticket office flag is located at at the extreme end while hidden in the subway tracks. Thanks to a guy dumping ammo near me for the resupply of rockets. That along with a shotgun firing slugs got me a 14 kill streak before I got nade'd. Fun while it lasted.

I had another streak going before I got intentional TK'd. Pretty sure it was since it was a sniper shot from way back...That was at 9.
Dashboard's Avatar Dashboard 08:13 AM 12-13-2011
Back to Karkland (B2K) Today!

I never played previous games so I'll probably get killed a little bit more on these maps (at the beginning)
HeadRusch's Avatar HeadRusch 08:19 AM 12-13-2011
Karkland was a great map, one of the best, very open, less chokepoints, more places to get lost in. Ahhhh, if i missed the old "spawn, die, spawn die" of multiplayer I'd be all over this.....but sadly I'm not. So enjoy!
DeltaDeuce's Avatar DeltaDeuce 09:11 AM 12-13-2011
I'm excited to play Gulf of Oman. I switched our server over to B2K maps this morning and it's been full since.
OmfgItzThaMack's Avatar OmfgItzThaMack 12:23 PM 12-13-2011
are you guys having any problems signing into Origin today?
WiseGuy2k7's Avatar WiseGuy2k7 12:32 PM 12-13-2011
Copied from their twitter post

origin_EAOrigin





We're aware of the issues accessing Origin. We're investigating the cause, and will provide updates ASAP. Thanks for your patience.

OmfgItzThaMack's Avatar OmfgItzThaMack 03:24 PM 12-13-2011
gosh man..there's a lot of empty servers...what's up with that?
tumult's Avatar tumult 03:29 PM 12-13-2011
I can't even login to origin to download the update. Keep getting a message that the authentication servers are down.

tum
Tinker's Avatar Tinker 04:26 PM 12-13-2011
No servers are even up that I can see, no ping at all. Good old POS Origin.


MY BAD...it required a DL manager update from Origin, now I see the servers. MY BAD
OmfgItzThaMack's Avatar OmfgItzThaMack 04:29 PM 12-13-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker View Post

No servers are even up that I can see, no ping at all. Good old POS Origin.

Yeah...I'm not feeling origin at all...

Edit...I think getting good at this game or any other game on the PC is a lost cause. I'm just terrible I tell ya. I hop on Xbox and I just dominate. Crazy how much different it is.
Dashboard's Avatar Dashboard 07:52 PM 12-13-2011
Haven't played tonight but was able to log on to origin and find some servers. Tried to join one but I only wanted to see if I had to download B2K
DeltaDeuce's Avatar DeltaDeuce 05:52 AM 12-14-2011
Played all the new maps last night. They're beautiful. Brings back great memories of the BF2 days.
WiseGuy2k7's Avatar WiseGuy2k7 07:04 AM 12-14-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaDeuce View Post

Played all the new maps last night. They're beautiful. Brings back great memories of the BF2 days.

Have to agree with you there. Storming Wake Island reminded me why I spend hours playing this game. Last night I got lost playing matches and lost track of time..payin for it at work today. But since BF3 release I wasnt satisfied ..happy they gave something back to us fans that were there from the beginning.
DeltaDeuce's Avatar DeltaDeuce 08:37 AM 12-14-2011
^^^Sent you a friend request.
markc72's Avatar markc72 03:13 PM 12-14-2011
Posting about BFBC 2 here. Is anyone having problems starting up the game and crashing to the desktop? I downloaded an update, and now I am having this problem. Luckily it is not BF3, but wanted to play the SP last night.
WiseGuy2k7's Avatar WiseGuy2k7 06:37 PM 12-14-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by markc72 View Post

Posting about BFBC 2 here. Is anyone having problems starting up the game and crashing to the desktop? I downloaded an update, and now I am having this problem. Luckily it is not BF3, but wanted to play the SP last night.

What are you playing it through? Steam or Origin? If its Steam I would try an integrity check from the game properties. Also if your getting an error code from the crash, do a search on google. Only games that have been giving me issue is GFWL crap ones, which BFBC2 is thankfully not.
Dashboard's Avatar Dashboard 06:39 AM 12-15-2011
I've never had problems before but now since the update, it happens every times.. I teleport into the infinity with clouds and building's fragments and my game crashes

And it always happens when I'm rocking
markc72's Avatar markc72 12:43 PM 12-15-2011
My save must have been corrupted after the update on Origin. Didn't get very far, so I started a new campaign.
OmfgItzThaMack's Avatar OmfgItzThaMack 01:52 PM 12-15-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by markc72 View Post

My save must have been corrupted after the update on Origin. Didn't get very far, so I started a new campaign.

How is the campaign anyways?
markc72's Avatar markc72 07:19 PM 12-15-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmfgItzThaMack View Post

How is the campaign anyways?

I liked it better than Battlefield 3. Much more polished and better atmosphere in my opinion. BF3 has the better MP though.
OmfgItzThaMack's Avatar OmfgItzThaMack 02:26 AM 12-20-2011


Someone posted this in the COD thread and I literally laughed so hard I almost spit water all over my monitor .
tory40's Avatar tory40 03:39 AM 12-20-2011
Unless they got tk'ed first, people that do that ****, especially for hours on end are well on their way to being serial killers. Unbelievable close-mindedness. I'm sure they've not put themselves in the shoes of others for i would guess even a few seconds, like the people who use those cheating programs.
HeadRusch's Avatar HeadRusch 07:06 AM 12-20-2011
TKing...alive and well in the 21st century...
lpnaz480's Avatar lpnaz480 08:35 AM 12-20-2011
Saw a few a of the dinosaurs, would be really really sweet if they did release a Dino-mode.
Tinker's Avatar Tinker 11:40 AM 12-20-2011
Many of the servers I play on, TK'ers get kicked after 2-3 and then ban when warned if admin is on.

Here is one of the best squad team work vid I seen in BF3. Note comment on balance over realism.


N8DOGG's Avatar N8DOGG 11:57 AM 12-20-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker View Post

Many of the servers I play on, TK'ers get kicked after 2-3 and then ban when warned if admin is on.

Here is one of the best squad team work vid I seen in BF3. Note comment on balance over realism.


what? they sit up there the whole map to get 6 or 7 kills. Thats selfish, not team work. They are only there to get themselves points, not help the team. 2 guys with stingers could do the same damage as these 3 guys and still take bases.
I will say the new maps are freaking awesome!!!! So many memories.
Tinker's Avatar Tinker 12:31 PM 12-20-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post

what? they sit up there the whole map to get 6 or 7 kills. Thats selfish, not team work. They are only there to get themselves points, not help the team. 2 guys with stingers could do the same damage as these 3 guys and still take bases.
I will say the new maps are freaking awesome!!!! So many memories.

You are totally wrong my friend.... Their team won since it looks like they were on the defence and need only to kill all the attackers to win. Stingers type MAA are often and easily spoofed by flares. There is no spoofing laser designators in the game. The Javelin also carries a heavier punch that can take down an attack helo while it takes two stinger types to do the same, that's if the latter even hits. Their purpose was anti-air (helo).

They are also helping their side by taking out the op force helos so their side can do more or even survive. Same as what a sniper do except they can take out bigger stuff. Run and gun types never appreciate that their ass might have just been saved by a sniper or like in this case the anti helo squad.


ADD: before you all claim I am a saying all this because I am a camper (which I am). My main weapon for kills in BF3 is the AGOG suppresed SCAR-H and not a sniper rifle.
First ... 8  9  10 11  12  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop