post #331 of 407 Old 01-11-2012, 03:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmfgItzThaMack View Post

Holy smokes...upgraded my psu, oc'd my processor, put in a new cpu fan, and added another graphics card to my rig and I'm getting around 90fps...however...why is there no setting in the video settings for the monitor size to be 1920x1080 120Hz? The highest it goes is 1920x180 60Hz...and my monitor is a 120Hz monitor.

fun isn't it! LOL

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 407 Old 01-11-2012, 03:14 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tumult View Post

Would love to hear more specifics on the components you added/upgraded especially the cpu and graphics card.

Thx,

tum

The full specs of my PC after the upgrades are as follows; this is more or less a copy and paste from another thread but whatever...

*CPU - Intel Core i5-2500k OC'd @ 4.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

*CPU Fan - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

*Mobo - EVGA 130-SB-E675-KR ATX LGA1155

*Mem - G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333

*HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3500413AS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5"

*SSD - Crucial M4 128GB 2.5"

*Graphics - 2 MSI Radeon HD Twin Frozr 6950's in Crossfire

*Sound - Auzentech Forte 7.1 with I/O drive

*Case - COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942-KKN1 Black Steel/ Plastic ATX Full Tower

*Power Supply - COOLER MASTER Silent Pro RS850-AMBAJ3-US 850W

*Optical Drive- Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer

*Monitor- 27" Samsung S27A550H LED

*Operating System- Windows 7 Enterprise 64 Bit

*Keyboard- SteelSeries 7G

*Mouse- Razor Mamba 4G 2012 Edition

*Mouse Pad- SteelSeries QcK (Heavy)

Basically I added the new PSU...upgraded from a 600W which I should have just ordered from the start (this build is relatively new). There really shouldn't have been any need to go upgrading stuff already, but...as things would have it one Twin Forzr just wasn't enough. So...anyways...with the addition of the second graphics card I also added the new fan and OC'd the processor.

Here's a pic pre-cable management and another of the setup in general.

ALSO...on another note...for those of you that have had problems with Auzentech Sound Cards - not only did they send me back an additional HT HD sound card with the return of my initial RMA'd Forte - they just cut me a check for a full refund for having problems with their cards. For some reason their cards make a static hissing noise whenever you change from game mode to entertainment mode and vice versa. I didn't really experience this problem with the HT HD but I only had it in for a minute to see if there was any difference in sound quality. For the time being I ended up getting the Forte to work by wrapping the bracket that attaches to the case in electric tape - maybe something to do with the grounding, I dunno. I don't even think they know .

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post

fun isn't it! LOL

Umm...yes...

If anyone wants a Auzentech HT HD or a Cooler Master 600W Silent Pro PSU for cheap PM for details.
LL
LL

"OmfgItzThaMack" on XBL, Steam, & Origin...

facebook.com/craiglevere
post #333 of 407 Old 01-12-2012, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker View Post

The person I mentioned before that had 61-2 K/D. I played with him on others servers with him being like 80plus and 1-2 K/D. Everybody is accusing him of "bot'ing". He seems to get real quick shots off with his M40 (bolt action sniper rifle) without a bipod and just astraight bolt, I mean real quick snap one shot, one kill. He goes by something like [EDC]AphaRecEcho or ReconAlphaEcho or something very sim to that. PB is not picking him up tho. He kept snipimg me from a roof top even when I spawn and hide in cover, but I got him with one of those remote flying bots...he didn't even notice it was there since he was too busy scanning and bot'ing, he couldn't shoot thru the huge rock I was hiding behind .

Report him to EA. Just go to your Battlelog, click the Battle Reports tab in the bottom left to find the round he was on. Click his profile, then there is a little triangle with an exclamation point in the upper right of his profile page. That's to report him.
post #334 of 407 Old 01-17-2012, 10:28 PM
Advanced Member

Couple pics from my past few games... definitely getting more comfortable with the m/kb. I keep starting these games off (tdm) really well...but keep running out of ammo. I don't know what it is but playing with these ransoms kinda sucks; I'll literally be sitting right next to a support guy saying "I need rounds" and the dude still doesn't drop them. I really need to start linking up with some of you guys. I'm part of the AVS Platoon now, but partying up and stuff just isn't as easy as it is on console. What chat client do you guys use?
LL
LL

facebook.com/craiglevere
post #335 of 407 Old 01-18-2012, 04:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Couple pics from my past few games... definitely getting more comfortable with the m/kb. I keep starting these games off (tdm) really well...but keep running out of ammo. I don't know what it is but playing with these ransoms kinda sucks; I'll literally be sitting right next to a support guy saying "I need rounds" and the dude still doesn't drop them. I really need to start linking up with some of you guys. I'm part of the AVS Platoon now, but partying up and stuff just isn't as easy as it is on console. What chat client do you guys use?

Our clan has a 64 person ventrillo server we rent. We've had teamspeak and some others but vent has better SQ in out opinion.

post #336 of 407 Old 01-18-2012, 04:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Our clan has a 64 person ventrillo server we rent. We've had teamspeak and some others but vent has better SQ in out opinion.

Yeah dude I'm setting up my own Teamspeak server tonight...well, I'm not actually but my friend will over Teamviewer. Maybe I'll have him set up a Vent one as well. PC gaming is such a bitch compared to console man I swear. I guess it would help if I were better with computers but still. So, out of that 64 player server how many people actually get on and chat? 32?

I have absolutely no idea how these chat servers work, or whatever they're called.

PC gaming is so much better though, in terms of graphics and sound it just seems worth it.

However, I do need to start playing with some people b/c I can't tell you how many times I've really needed to communicate with people but haven't been able to since I haven't been able to talk.

So, do you guys party up via Origin and then get on Vent or Teamspeak or how's that work?

I'm a noob with a badass gaming rig I know. Doesn't seem fitting does it?!?!

facebook.com/craiglevere
post #337 of 407 Old 01-19-2012, 04:18 AM

I have a TS3 server. I think the sound quality is better than Vent. I mainly play with others in my "clan", so we are usually all on TS at the same time.
post #338 of 407 Old 01-19-2012, 05:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaDeuce View Post

I have a TS3 server. I think the sound quality is better than Vent. I mainly play with others in my "clan", so we are usually all on TS at the same time.

What do you guys normally play?

facebook.com/craiglevere
post #339 of 407 Old 01-19-2012, 03:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yeah dude I'm setting up my own Teamspeak server tonight...well, I'm not actually but my friend will over Teamviewer. Maybe I'll have him set up a Vent one as well. PC gaming is such a bitch compared to console man I swear. I guess it would help if I were better with computers but still. So, out of that 64 player server how many people actually get on and chat? 32?

I have absolutely no idea how these chat servers work, or whatever they're called.

PC gaming is so much better though, in terms of graphics and sound it just seems worth it.

However, I do need to start playing with some people b/c I can't tell you how many times I've really needed to communicate with people but haven't been able to since I haven't been able to talk.

So, do you guys party up via Origin and then get on Vent or Teamspeak or how's that work?

I'm a noob with a badass gaming rig I know. Doesn't seem fitting does it?!?!

We have 10 different channels in our server, so there are usually a few people playing other games. You have to be in the same channel to talk to each other. For me, I just jump on Vent and see who's on there, we also have a log box in our website that show who's in the vent server at any given time. The free ventrillo and the paid vent are not quite the same. You get better codecs on the paid version.
I think lately there is maybe 7 or 8 of us on at once. Not many are still playing BF3 or anything else right now. Any more than 10 and it's to congested, everyone tried to talk over everyone lol.
This weekend if you want, dl vent and use this addy http://idchq.net/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5 I'll be done to kill a few suckers with you. I'm "TheGovernment" on vent and in BF3 so add me if you want to in BF3

post #340 of 407 Old 01-19-2012, 06:10 PM

Any clan that wants to do a 32 v 32 scrim PM me. We have 3 platoons that all field a 32 man team each.
post #341 of 407 Old 01-19-2012, 07:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

We have 10 different channels in our server, so there are usually a few people playing other games. You have to be in the same channel to talk to each other. For me, I just jump on Vent and see who's on there, we also have a log box in our website that show who's in the vent server at any given time. The free ventrillo and the paid vent are not quite the same. You get better codecs on the paid version.
I think lately there is maybe 7 or 8 of us on at once. Not many are still playing BF3 or anything else right now. Any more than 10 and it's to congested, everyone tried to talk over everyone lol.
This weekend if you want, dl vent and use this addy http://idchq.net/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5 I'll be done to kill a few suckers with you. I'm "TheGovernment" on vent and in BF3 so add me if you want to in BF3

N8 hop on if you get a second...I'm on your Vent server right now.

facebook.com/craiglevere
post #342 of 407 Old 01-22-2012, 10:25 AM
Advanced Member

Hey N8 this is that settings editor that I was trying to tell you about last night...it kicks ass.

http://bf3.realmware.co.uk/settings-editor/downloads

facebook.com/craiglevere
post #343 of 407 Old 01-24-2012, 08:38 AM
Advanced Member

So guys...what kind of crap is this? I get kicked from all the games I join by punkbuster when I have absolutely no cheats or hacks and I can't tell you how many times I've been killed by "ammo boxes" right after spawning...this is bs!

I get the notice - "NOTICE Game disconnected: you were kicked by Punkbuster errors are beeing looked into right now" in my Battlelog...

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

facebook.com/craiglevere
post #344 of 407 Old 01-24-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:

So guys...what kind of crap is this? I get kicked from all the games I join by punkbuster when I have absolutely no cheats or hacks and I can't tell you how many times I've been killed by "ammo boxes" right after spawning...this is bs!

I get the notice - "NOTICE Game disconnected: you were kicked by Punkbuster errors are beeing looked into right now" in my Battlelog...

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Check this out. F'n hackers

http://kotaku.com/5878873/ea-advises...ervers-for-now

Come join our adult gaming community at www.syndicatedgaming.net

XBL and Steam: diehardcubfn
post #345 of 407 Old 01-25-2012, 04:23 AM

post #346 of 407 Old 01-26-2012, 05:18 AM
Advanced Member

Look at this douche...

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...ammoboxkiller/

As the name would suggest he's one of those fags that ruins the game for everyone. I've been in a server with him a few times and he has some hack where if you're on his opposing team you're mysteriously killed by one of his "ammo boxes" right as you spawn in.

His KDR is 39.

Come on Dice/EA/Punkbuster...whoever is running the show.

This is stupid.

facebook.com/craiglevere
post #347 of 407 Old 02-03-2012, 12:47 AM
Advanced Member

Have you guys ever noticed that sometimes it takes forever to get into a game? And if it's taking so long that I decide to close the game out and refresh the server list and try to re-join another server it'll usually say "game in the background needs to be closed". But wtf? I just did close it??? Then I have to open task manager and find the bf3.exe file and stop it. Any way around this anyone?

facebook.com/craiglevere
post #348 of 407 Old 02-03-2012, 02:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Quote:

Look at this douche...

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...ammoboxkiller/

As the name would suggest he's one of those fags that ruins the game for everyone. I've been in a server with him a few times and he has some hack where if you're on his opposing team you're mysteriously killed by one of his "ammo boxes" right as you spawn in.

His KDR is 39.

Come on Dice/EA/Punkbuster...whoever is running the show.

This is stupid.

Looks like he's been reset.
post #349 of 407 Old 02-03-2012, 04:17 AM

Quote:

Have you guys ever noticed that sometimes it takes forever to get into a game? And if it's taking so long that I decide to close the game out and refresh the server list and try to re-join another server it'll usually say "game in the background needs to be closed". But wtf? I just did close it??? Then I have to open task manager and find the bf3.exe file and stop it. Any way around this anyone?

I will get a lot of freezing on the loading screen in between maps. It just continues to flash "Loading" with the cursor. I've found the workaround to be Alt+Tabbing out of the game on the screen that shows your scores at the end of a round. Alt+Tab out for a few seconds, then click back into the game window and it loads up like it should.

I'm not sure if that's the problem you're having, but I've got into the habit of just jumping out of the game screen now in between rounds.
post #350 of 407 Old 02-03-2012, 05:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:

The first game I launch is always longer to load. After that, it's pretty fast. I guess the game need to pre-load some things
post #351 of 407 Old 02-03-2012, 06:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Location: guarding my retirement igloo...with a McMillan TAC-50 long range sniper rifle
Quote:

try going to the task bar and click on the BF3 task when it shows. That norm brings up the black loading screen faster then waiting for the BF3 browser page to launch the load screen.

What really bugs me is you have to play co-op to get few of the weapons, I don't do co-op.

You do not stop playing because you get old...
You get old because you stop playing.
post #352 of 407 Old 02-05-2012, 08:47 PM
Advanced Member

Guys...who is actively playing this game and out of those who are actively playing who would like to start playing some? It's been hard to find people to play with but then again I haven't been on in a while.

facebook.com/craiglevere
post #353 of 407 Old 02-05-2012, 09:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Location: guarding my retirement igloo...with a McMillan TAC-50 long range sniper rifle
Quote:

Guys...who is actively playing this game and out of those who are actively playing who would like to start playing some? It's been hard to find people to play with but then again I haven't been on in a while.

I am playing at least 4-5 times a week. I only play on North Am HC 64 person servers that have large ticket counts under Tinker0620. Unfortunately lately I been getting a lot on timed out at the peak hours (1800h-2400h). I hate it when I get a good rhythm going and then get dumped for timed out to server. I was like 16-0 with 14 head shots and got a big bonus achievement score and then got dumped so it didn't get saved. Really pissed off, I still have not gotten that bonus back again.

You do not stop playing because you get old...
You get old because you stop playing.
post #354 of 407 Old 02-05-2012, 10:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 26
Just got it and it runs well on my setup, all graphics settings cranked to max, 2600k@4.8GHz, Tri-Crossfire 6950, 2560x1440 rez.

With everything cranked up it looks almost photo-realistic. It's nice to see an engine that doesn't take specific advantage of one GPU or another and runs well on AMD Tri-Crossfire setups.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
post #355 of 407 Old 02-06-2012, 06:56 AM

I'm still playing. I haven't played much over the last 2 weeks, though. I've been busy. I will still be playing though. Mack, I still have a lot of co-ops to do if you're still up for it.
post #356 of 407 Old 02-06-2012, 07:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaDeuce View Post

I'm still playing. I haven't played much over the last 2 weeks, though. I've been busy. I will still be playing though. Mack, I still have a lot of co-ops to do if you're still up for it.

Yeah man...I'll run through some with ya for sure. I hadnt been on a lot either just due to problems with my rig but all that is behind me now.

facebook.com/craiglevere
post #357 of 407 Old 02-09-2012, 03:22 PM

Liked: 15
I've been playing a lot the past 2 weeks but unfortunately, I've been playing bf3 on Xbox. No doubt the game looks great with my 6870, but the Xbox version makes it so easy and fast to join a game and with the added benefit of a large avs presence.

tum
post #358 of 407 Old 02-09-2012, 07:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tumult View Post

I've been playing a lot the past 2 weeks but unfortunately, I've been playing bf3 on Xbox. No doubt the game looks great with my 6870, but the Xbox version makes it so easy and fast to join a game and with the added benefit of a large avs presence.

tum

Yeah dude I don't know what the deal is but it seems like playing on the PC is lot harder to find good people to play with.

facebook.com/craiglevere
post #359 of 407 Old 02-10-2012, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yeah dude I don't know what the deal is but it seems like playing on the PC is lot harder to find good people to play with.

For the most part, consoles are cheap and lots of people have them. Gaming PC's are bought by people with jobs and there are way less of them around.
The thing I love about PC gaming? No stupid ass little kids.

post #360 of 407 Old 02-10-2012, 03:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Quote:

For the most part, consoles are cheap and lots of people have them. Gaming PC's are bought by people with jobs and there are way less of them around.
The thing I love about PC gaming? No stupid ass little kids.

You just get hackers instead.
Reply HTPC Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page