Battlefield 3 - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 407 Old 10-27-2011, 06:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
SP is ok, but MP is where it is at. Feel free to add me to your Origin list.

DieHardCubFN

Come join our adult gaming community at www.syndicatedgaming.com

XBL, PSN, and Steam: diehardcubfn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 407 Old 10-27-2011, 07:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I grabbed BF3 through Amazon so I didn't get to do the beta (at least I couldn't figure out a way to do it) and was on the road early AM on Tuesday and my PCs were all ripped apart due to getting new desks that day. Hmmm. Anyway, I get home that evening around 6, get the PCs back together and prepare to DL around 9. I figured that Origin's DL would be crawling along. Much to my surprise - fully maxxed out my connection! My router showed 32.32Mbps and I have a 32Mbps connection. We're talking like 3.6MB/s here - WOW, cool! Fire it up and cringe at the web browser based lobby system - meh, pick a server - bang - connect right in, zero issue, everything fine. I was stunned. This IS EA we're talking about here. I saw no errors from the game browser (other than it not updating properly), no connection issues, no problems at all.
Now I've been a hater of EA since the days of Trip Hawkins but I have to give them some credit here - at least for me, things went quite well for such a large launch.
I've played a little online and it's been fine so far. I've been focusing on the single player campaign and it's OK. VERY COD'ish. Graphics are quite good and the story line has been acceptable. I have no real complaints with it. In a BF game, the SP is just icing on the cake. Don't buy it if you just want SP, you will be disappointed!

My tag is T1313 if you'd like to add me.

-Trouble
post #93 of 407 Old 10-27-2011, 07:07 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post

Anyone know if it's possible to use the keyboard/mouse when on foot and just pick up the 360 controller for vehicles? I find it almost impossible to fly a chopper with the keyboard and mouse. I usually keep a 360 controller on my desk, but last night when I plugged it in mid game, it didn't seem to be recognized so I gave up on it.

I think you just have to have all three plugged in before the game loads. I know I keep the mouse plugged in and the wired controller and I can use both.

Love sports, movies, and games. Slowly some day I'll add a projector and screen. Until then, I'll build up my library.
post #94 of 407 Old 10-27-2011, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
OK, tried adding some of you as friends to hopefully get in some AVS matches (in BF2, I had better games when playing with AVSers). I also through AVS in my clan tag as it makes it easier to identify someone as an AVS poster when a request is sent.

I sent invites to...
T1313
DaWiseGuy
RemoWilliams84
stuup1dmofo
TheHarpua77
The_Teachinator
Soraxx
TW1SM

but I couldn't find...
DieHardCubFN
JeepR kReapR
SwerviNpervin
Nitewolfgtr

Anyone can feel free to add me to their list - Evangelo2
post #95 of 407 Old 10-27-2011, 08:35 AM

Liked: 12
Hey guys, I'm almost through playing the campaign, so add me on Origin: MeBiNiCi

I actually enjoy the SP story because I am playing on Hard with aim assist off, so it provides a bit of a challenge and realism.

Also, is it strange that I have to play in Windowed Mode to avoid fullscreen crashes? I basically kept all the default settings and running 1080p resolution, but in fullscreen the game crashes time-to-time....

BTW, here are my settings:
post #96 of 407 Old 10-27-2011, 02:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard View Post

Is the SP that bad?? I read comments about how emotional it was and the character being great....

Well take this has you will since I am about 4-5 hours into the SP... IMHO, it's boring and does not make me want to keep playing (although I have played more hoping it would get better, it has not). For a AAA title the SP gameplay is fairly weak, I know this is not the primary focus of this game (MP is) but this is still a AAA title and honestly BFBC2 was more fun.

Emotional and the character being great? For me the gameplay needs to be there regardless of how well the story is written and bottom line is it has to be fun to play (I'll probably get flamed for this one but I had more fun with parts of Rage than BF3, so far).

I'll probably keep playing but it is not one of those games that I am excited to play and compelled to keep playing. I know the vast majority do not buy this for the SP but for those that do... consider a rental.

Obviously this is just my opinion and for those that are having fun with it please do not let my criticism of the SP campaign get under your skin, it's just a game and we all have a right to our own opinion.

* Oh and they need to fix the QTE issue with the 360 controller.

Jason
post #97 of 407 Old 10-27-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelo2 View Post

OK, tried adding some of you as friends to hopefully get in some AVS matches (in BF2, I had better games when playing with AVSers). I also through AVS in my clan tag as it makes it easier to identify someone as an AVS poster when a request is sent.

I sent invites to...
T1313
DaWiseGuy
RemoWilliams84
stuup1dmofo
TheHarpua77
The_Teachinator
Soraxx
TW1SM

but I couldn't find...
DieHardCubFN
JeepR kReapR
SwerviNpervin
Nitewolfgtr

I'll have to check my spelling at home. Could of sworn it was SwerviNpervin. Maybe it's just swervinpervin

Love sports, movies, and games. Slowly some day I'll add a projector and screen. Until then, I'll build up my library.
post #98 of 407 Old 10-27-2011, 04:03 PM
Advanced Member

im on now if anyone wants to play

FloridaPA

Flickr ::[color=Blue][b][Blog]
Xbox Live and PSN: Lockeskidney
post #99 of 407 Old 10-27-2011, 04:10 PM

Liked: 14
I'm not sure when I'l get BF3, I do have an Origin account. Add me too: Trogdor2010
post #100 of 407 Old 10-27-2011, 08:30 PM
Advanced Member

We have resolved the networking issues that were affecting PC users. Multilplayer and Origin authentication services have returned to normal.

Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience.

Flickr ::[color=Blue][b][Blog]
Xbox Live and PSN: Lockeskidney
post #101 of 407 Old 10-28-2011, 12:23 AM

Liked: 93
GamePimp is right, guys. This single player campaign is just terrible. I started it up tonight on my 360 and had this to say about it:

"Sweet Raptor Jesus this single player campaign is boring! They started out with a unique fantastic campaign in Bad Company, and everything since has just been regression in an effort to more closely mimic Modern Warfare. It's horrible. Really, quite horrible."

Bad Company had it's share of flaws, but it was very unique in how it handled mission structure and player punishment for failure. Plus it was very humorous. This BF3 crap is just bland mimicry of an already bland franchise. And it doesn't even have the lovable characters inside of a bland campaign from BC2! Gah!
post #102 of 407 Old 10-28-2011, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelo2 View Post

I sent invites to...
T1313
DaWiseGuy
RemoWilliams84
stuup1dmofo
TheHarpua77
The_Teachinator
Soraxx
TW1SM

but I couldn't find...
DieHardCubFN
JeepR kReapR
SwerviNpervin
Nitewolfgtr

Sorry, I just realized that mine is markc72. I'll send some invites out to you guys tonight.

Come join our adult gaming community at www.syndicatedgaming.com

XBL, PSN, and Steam: diehardcubfn
post #103 of 407 Old 10-28-2011, 07:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markc72 View Post

Sorry, I just realized that mine is markc72. I'll send some invites out to you guys tonight.

Mine is actually The_Wise_Guy for bf3 pc

PSN:The_Wise_Guy
XBL:DirtySanWiseGuy
Steam:The_Wise_Guy
BF4 PC:The_Wise_Guy

post #104 of 407 Old 10-28-2011, 07:29 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklordjames View Post

GamePimp is right, guys. This single player campaign is just terrible. I started it up tonight on my 360 and had this to say about it:

"Sweet Raptor Jesus this single player campaign is boring! They started out with a unique fantastic campaign in Bad Company, and everything since has just been regression in an effort to more closely mimic Modern Warfare. It's horrible. Really, quite horrible."

I finished it last night, it took about 4 hours and IT SUCKED ASS. Homefront and Medal of Honor wipe the floor with it. Holy crap it was bad. The destruction is non existent, the gameplay is lame, the missions are horrible. The only good thing are the graphics and the middle east mission. They shouldn't have even included the 2nd disk.
post #105 of 407 Old 10-28-2011, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 28
my origin name is nebrunner, you can add me to the clan list but my connection seems like it's been pretty laggy.

Is there a way to see what your ping is for each of the servers? All I see under the ping box is a -

I have to say that i hate the server browser.

My perpetual home theater build - Omaha Theater #5
post #106 of 407 Old 10-28-2011, 08:19 AM

I haven't been on since Tuesday, are the servers better now? Every game except for one was lagging. Ended up staying with that one host playing firestorm over and over

post #107 of 407 Old 10-28-2011, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 265
It was definitely better for me yesterday. The server browser was actually returning ping values and I had no trouble joining. I stayed on one 32 player server the whole time, but didn't have any lag. If you haven't opened up your ports for the game yet, got to the battlelog news section and view the older posts until you find the one with the ports. That resolved a lot of connection issues I was having.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #108 of 407 Old 10-28-2011, 09:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Anyone know if there is a way to set up your classes from the battlelog menu?

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #109 of 407 Old 10-28-2011, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post

Anyone know if there is a way to set up your classes from the battlelog menu?

That would make too much sense wouldn't it? Or to set up classes and have it remember them the next time you log into the game?

I don't think either exists, or if it does, they hid it so well that they can't be found by someone clicking through looking for it.

Pretty fun game but for some of the "table stakes" items, it's like they didn't test it at all.

post #110 of 407 Old 10-28-2011, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

Well take this has you will since I am about 4-5 hours into the SP... IMHO, it's boring and does not make me want to keep playing (although I have played more hoping it would get better, it has not). For a AAA title the SP gameplay is fairly weak, I know this is not the primary focus of this game (MP is) but this is still a AAA title and honestly BFBC2 was more fun.

Emotional and the character being great? For me the gameplay needs to be there regardless of how well the story is written and bottom line is it has to be fun to play (I'll probably get flamed for this one but I had more fun with parts of Rage than BF3, so far).

I'll probably keep playing but it is not one of those games that I am excited to play and compelled to keep playing. I know the vast majority do not buy this for the SP but for those that do... consider a rental.

Obviously this is just my opinion and for those that are having fun with it please do not let my criticism of the SP campaign get under your skin, it's just a game and we all have a right to our own opinion.

* Oh and they need to fix the QTE issue with the 360 controller.

Jason

Thanks you for your inputs. I'm thinking about picking up this game but I think I'll just wait for a price drop. It just sucks that everyone will have their guns maxed when I'll start
post #111 of 407 Old 10-28-2011, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Dr Pepper 20 oz bottles have a code under the cap to unlock an in game camo and 5 different dogtags.

post #112 of 407 Old 10-28-2011, 12:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebrunner View Post

Dr Pepper 20 oz bottles have a code under the cap to unlock an in game camo and 5 different dogtags.

Might have to get some for tonights gaming session.

post #113 of 407 Old 10-28-2011, 01:51 PM
AVS Special Member

When you target an enemy and hit Q to "spot" them, it goes away pretty fast. If you are playing as the sniper class and hit Q to "spot" them, do snipers get a more robust spotting ability or it exactly the same as the other classes?

post #114 of 407 Old 10-28-2011, 01:52 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Where are all the bf2 fellas?

My nick is tumult99

tum
post #115 of 407 Old 10-28-2011, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Location: guarding my retirement igloo...with a McMillan TAC-50 long range sniper rifle
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebrunner View Post

When you target an enemy and hit Q to "spot" them, it goes away pretty fast. If you are playing as the sniper class and hit Q to "spot" them, do snipers get a more robust spotting ability or it exactly the same as the other classes?

Same..., I really miss those mortars from BC2 .

I am Tinker0620 in BF3

You do not stop playing because you get old...
You get old because you stop playing.
post #116 of 407 Old 10-28-2011, 02:16 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
post #117 of 407 Old 10-28-2011, 02:19 PM

Liked: 93
"How does the sp compare the Bad Company 2 sp out of curiosity?"

Same overall structure, without any characters that you give a damn about. It's very linear, trite, bland, and unbelievably boring.

Example: They stick you in a cockpit for half an hour and have someone else fly you around. You get to hang back and listen to radio chatter. I feared that my wireless 360 controller would go to sleep during this section.
post #118 of 407 Old 10-28-2011, 02:43 PM
Advanced Member

They should have just made a sandbox mode instead of SP. Do or spawn whatever you want. Gary's Mod like for BF3. Think it would have been more well recieved then what people here think of SP now.

post #119 of 407 Old 10-28-2011, 02:50 PM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 706 Post(s)
Liked: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseGuy2k7 View Post

They should have just made a sandbox mode instead of SP. Do or spawn whatever you want. Gary's Mod like for BF3. Think it would have been more well recieved then what people here think of SP now.

Maybe have it like BF:Modern Warfare on xbox. Have a large, dynamic battlefield and spawn... where ever. Guess that would be too much like the multiplayer though.

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

post #120 of 407 Old 10-28-2011, 02:52 PM

adding you fellas.

GamerTag= Phaleronic
Reply HTPC Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version