Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

You dare go against the internet?

I like living dangerously wink.gif

The point is the PtD version is identical in quality, if not better, to the PS3 version. Of course, not all PCs are created equal so YMMV. There are some reporting of fps lock at 15 but when asked about their system, it is marginal or below spec. Most that have appropriate systems report a constant 30fps, even in Blighttown.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 Old 08-24-2012, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadRusch View Post

So, I bought the first game for the PS3...

...only to get hit by offscreen characters or time a button press wrong and have to start all the way over again. Do that 5, 10 times....20 times....

Assuming you're referring to Demon's Souls? There is no difference between Demon's Souls (DeS) and Dark Souls (DkS) based upon your verbiage I quoted above.

Quote:

Is the second game "better"....it looks like more of the same but it does look fun..

My opinion is that DkS is better because the devs did address some of the monotonous issues from DeS...however, the issues addressed are not part of your first quote in this response. The devs took out a dual Tendency system and also revamped and made better the weapon/armor upgrade system...or more correctly, made it easier to get items to upgrade.

Quote:

...can someone save me some bytes pinging google about the "Resolution Issue"...what is it, the game only runs at 640x480 or something? smile.gif
I get better life out of "long games" on the PC, where I spend more time.....the console and I have grown distant over the years.....I don't play a ton of long-duration games on the consoles anymore. Borderlands, GTA, games that take awhile to finish...PC.

No, not 640x480 4:3 resolution(s). The res complaints stem from some in the PC community vomiting in their mouths when they learned that super high resolutions were not going to be available and that the game was locked to 30fps. The display is no worse than the PS3 display of the game. But this game is not Skyrim pretty anyway (BTW, I personally found Skyrim dreadfully boring but that is because I was exposed and loved DeS/DkS). Being pretty is not the charm of the DkS game. The charm of DkS is the game mechanics, unique design and very unique online component. It can end up being very fun and that is where DkS shines.

Since you didn't seem to get very far with DeS, you never really got to the meat of the game. To me, it seems that the single player part of the game was training for the multiplayer part where it can get very fun and very tough trying to defeat live people, not AI.
post #33 of 33 Old 08-24-2012, 05:42 PM

Liked: 93
The game renders at 720p regardless of your settings. You select 1080p output? 720p scaled to 1080p is what you get. The resolution fix that took a dude an hour to put together makes the game render at what you select. The result is a much, much sharper game that actually shows off it's texturing.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/08/modder-fixes-dark-souls-pc-resolution-problem-minutes-after-release/
Reply HTPC Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page