What PC cases is everyone using? - Page 2 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-28-2012, 05:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i got the same case lurkor has. the silverstone lc13. It looks pretty awesome next to my stereo receiver. Its kinda a pain in the butt to fit two 6870s in there and keep them cool/quiet tho. but it is possible
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2012, 07:42 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I pulled the center rack out and put in a 120mm high efficiency fan to blow cool air over the backsides of the video cards, which keeps them happy. The case draws inlet air from slots under the face plate, which is pretty clever.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I use server chasis for allmost all my PCs now. But, since this is the Gaming forum, I use a (slightly modified) nMedia HTPC 2000 series case for my main HTPC/Big Sceen gaming rig.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 238
I've got a Moneual 972 case, and it was a total waste of money.

At the time, I thought the additional LCD screen for status information and that sort of thing would be nice. While that ended up being true, the secondary display turned out to be more trouble than it was worth, causing resolution changes when turning off the TV, issues with the third-party stereoscopic drivers for AMD, and a few other things.

Not only that, but the included iMon remote receiver doesn't work with 100% compatibility for Media Center (it's close, but there's a bunch of important / annoying differences), so I ripped out the internal IR and replaced it with an internal IR that uses the built in support. That won't affect you for gaming, but still, something else that annoys me about it.

I still like the design of the case, but I could've gotten something just as nice for much cheaper, without the hassle of the LCD display.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
Old 02-04-2012, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Antec 300 is a good case. The Illusion version with the blue fans is an even better deal. Now Antec has the Three Hundred Two case with front usb 3.0, fans on both side covers and top ports for water hoses.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/artic...se-Review/1482

Rosewill Blackhawk is another decent WC case.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 427 Post(s)
Liked: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

I've got a Moneual 972 case, and it was a total waste of money.

At the time, I thought the additional LCD screen for status information and that sort of thing would be nice. While that ended up being true, the secondary display turned out to be more trouble than it was worth, causing resolution changes when turning off the TV, issues with the third-party stereoscopic drivers for AMD, and a few other things.

Not only that, but the included iMon remote receiver doesn't work with 100% compatibility for Media Center (it's close, but there's a bunch of important / annoying differences), so I ripped out the internal IR and replaced it with an internal IR that uses the built in support. That won't affect you for gaming, but still, something else that annoys me about it.

I still like the design of the case, but I could've gotten something just as nice for much cheaper, without the hassle of the LCD display.

About 2 years ago I had bought a Mon case similar to that. It was completely destroyed during shipping through UPS. I got a replacement sent that was also destroyed. It took me over a year to get my money back from UPS but in the end, I really wish I could have used the case because it was so nice. They are very classy looking, though I'm sad I've never had a chance to use one.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

Old 02-05-2012, 06:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 201
I am waiting for Silverstone to update the ft02. I gotta feeling that is my next case
Old 02-06-2012, 04:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 43
I need to fit into an equipment rack. I'm looking at the iStarUSA D-313SE for a new build.