For the cheapo gamers... what would make you buy day 1 for full price? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 40 Old 03-10-2012, 08:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadRusch View Post

With the exception of a handfull of console specific titles, most games released on consoles are available for the PC, usually (but not always) with improved performance, graphical tweaking options, textures and of course resolution and control options. Since you quoted the "Death of 3DFX" one must assume you have been stuck under a large stone for some time......have you played Half Life yet? Its by Valve, its pretty kick ass!

Actually being the 27yr long computer gamer that I am.... The constant repetitiveness of FPS, RTS, and MMOs today makes me wanna hide under a rock and play games on my Android phone.

What good is it to have the best looking platform when it cost you an arm and a leg to have and there's no PC gaming shelf at Gamestop? Steam? I perfer hard copies.

Ever heard of the Commodore 64? It was a computer that played EVERYTHING, and played it better than anything else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 Old 03-10-2012, 09:41 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14

PSN:The_Wise_Guy
XBL:DirtySanWiseGuy
Steam:The_Wise_Guy
BF4 PC:The_Wise_Guy

post #33 of 40 Old 03-10-2012, 11:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afroteddy View Post

Actually being the 27yr long computer gamer that I am.... The constant repetitiveness of FPS, RTS, and MMOs today makes me wanna hide under a rock and play games on my Android phone.

What good is it to have the best looking platform when it cost you an arm and a leg to have and there's no PC gaming shelf at Gamestop? Steam? I perfer hard copies.

Ever heard of the Commodore 64? It was a computer that played EVERYTHING, and played it better than anything else.

Ah, so you prefer the monotony of console sports, rpg, and fps games. I see. How could I be so blind.

A decent gaming PC shouldn't and more often than not doesn't cost you an arm and a leg. Actually define an arm and a leg to begin with and I'll see how serious you were with that comment.

If anything the console gutter we're stuck in is in many ways responsible for the seeming lack of PC game innovation. Why try when you can slap together a quick port and then blame your customers for pirating that worthless piece of crap when it isn't worth buying in the first place? To me the situation is like going to a nice Italian restaurant and being served Spaghettios.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #34 of 40 Old 03-11-2012, 01:07 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Quote:

Go for 3D, it breathes new life into games. That is, if immersion is a goal for the types of games you play. I seriously don't know how i'll be able to play an MMO again because i want to stop and stare at everything and I can't imagine group members would ever put up with that.

post #35 of 40 Old 03-11-2012, 12:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:

Huh?? You think good gaming is all about resolution? Nintendo is laughing at you.

nintendo and good gaming??? since when??

post #36 of 40 Old 03-11-2012, 12:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

What display and video card are you using to get 1080p at 60 frames to each eye? Are you using Dual-Link DVI ?

acer hn274h 27" 3d monitor and 570 gtx classified w/ asus p8p67 pro deluxe, i7 2600k overclocked to 4.6ghz, 8gb ram, 120gb corsair gt SSD, and 500gb hd.

post #37 of 40 Old 03-11-2012, 12:37 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 35
Quote:

So to sum it up: after being a pc gamer for 27 years Afroteddy prefers to play games on his Android phone.

Why are you guys even debating with him? How could his opinion matter at all if you are a pc gamer? I am 38 years old and I have been a pc gamer as long as him, and could not imagine having the same conclusions on gaming...
post #38 of 40 Old 03-11-2012, 02:09 PM

Liked: 93
Man, this thread sure went full tard real quick. Discounting Nintendo? Pff! Dismissing mobile gaming? Pff! Play the games that you want on the platforms that they are on. Duh! PC gaming is not better than console gaming, console gaming isn't better than iPad gaming, and iPad gaming isn't better than PC gaming. If it plays a game that you like, then it's a great goddamn platform, regardless of what what platform that is.

I'll let you guys get back to waving your penises at each other now. Remember to standardize on metric or customary when you start busting out the rulers.
post #39 of 40 Old 03-11-2012, 07:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklordjames View Post

Man, this thread sure went full tard real quick. Discounting Nintendo? Pff! Dismissing mobile gaming? Pff! Play the games that you want on the platforms that they are on. Duh! PC gaming is not better than console gaming, console gaming isn't better than iPad gaming, and iPad gaming isn't better than PC gaming. If it plays a game that you like, then it's a great goddamn platform, regardless of what what platform that is.

I'll let you guys get back to waving your penises at each other now. Remember to standardize on metric or customary when you start busting out the rulers.

valid points... but the wii u?

nintendo hasn't been worth a crap since the 64 with all the kiddie games on gamecube and wii. For kids? Sure. but adults? no. just no. It's why the "hardcore" crowd is on ps3, 360, and pc.... Nintendo caters to a kid and family audience. This is not new news.

post #40 of 40 Old 03-23-2012, 05:34 PM

Liked: 10
My point IS that a PC is the best gaming platform and that any game that is available on a console should be on the PC and look and play better too. Demand more from the game makers. Piracy is an just a sorry excuse seeing that every console can be hardware modded to play copied games. Don't be all "Fox and the Grapes" about not getting full PC versions of console games.

I quit buying EA games because the didn't make EA Sports titles for the PC. EA got its start making computer games. Madden 12 should have pushed Dx11 to its maximum!
Reply HTPC Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page