Mass Effect 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 67 Old 02-14-2012, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Location: guarding my retirement igloo...with a McMillan TAC-50 long range sniper rifle
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The game has gone gold for early Mar release. I pre'd it already from Origin. Here is a 360 game play vid. Hope the PC version would look a lot better with higher rez, but it looks pretty good on the 360.

You do not stop playing because you get old...
You get old because you stop playing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 67 Old 02-14-2012, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 65
I think the demo is going live today. Don't know if I will play it .. still haven't finished ME1 (have ME2 in backlog). I've only heard good things about those games. My dad completed both like 4 times already
post #3 of 67 Old 02-14-2012, 08:55 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Location: guarding my retirement igloo...with a McMillan TAC-50 long range sniper rifle
ME1 I did 3 times on 360 and 6 times on PC
ME2 I did 4 times on PC

Ask me if I like the series....

post #4 of 67 Old 02-14-2012, 09:45 AM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Liked: 814
Love the series. I'm I love this series a lot! The Origin requirement has put a game I'm very excited about in the 50/50. Sooo... idk yet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- direct pod link

- main website

post #5 of 67 Old 02-14-2012, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

Love the series. I'm I love this series a lot! The Origin requirement has put a game I'm very excited about in the 50/50. Sooo... idk yet.

Origin was one of my fear with BF3 but it isn't so bad so far. Don't know how it will work for ME3. Probably won't have to launch the game thru a browser at least

What have me worried is the fact I have the physical copy of ME1, Steam's version of ME2. The save file importing is what worries me.
post #6 of 67 Old 02-14-2012, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I just played the 1st part of the demo. It looks great at 2560x1600 max'd out. Frame locked at 60fps. I don't rem how to exit and save game so I just alt tab out and quit. I have to restart the demo each time. The pple in ME3 looks better then they did in ME2. No funky face shadows that were present in ME2. One thing for sure is that Ashley Williams got a total beauty make over. She looks great. Funny thing is the Fem Shep default looks a lot like one of my versions of Shep from ME1 and ME2. So far the demo runs super smooth on my system.

post #7 of 67 Old 02-15-2012, 05:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 21
me1 still blows 2 and 3 out of the water....

no inventory anymore, and an action mode... seriously...

post #8 of 67 Old 02-15-2012, 05:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threefiddie View Post

ME1 hands-down had the WORST inventory of any game I have ever played. If you're missing it in the sequels you need to have your head examined.
post #9 of 67 Old 02-15-2012, 08:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Multiplayer is totally pointless. Don't know why they even bothered.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
post #10 of 67 Old 02-15-2012, 09:51 AM
Bass Enabler

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osirus23 View Post

ME1 hands-down had the WORST inventory of any game I have ever played. If you're missing it in the sequels you need to have your head examined.

I like ME1 a little bit more than ME2 simply because they tried to make ME2 all 'actiony' when the gunplay was fine as it was in the first. The whole thermal clip crap ruined it for me. Big time. F***ing "thermal clip" BS.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

- direct pod link

- main website

post #11 of 67 Old 02-15-2012, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks for the heads up on the demo - it runs great for me with a solid 60fps at the limited maximum settings that can be chosen. With that said, man it really is designed for controllers. Maybe remapping helps, I don't remember what I did in ME1 and 2. Debating on going with PC version and using a controller or just going with 360. I'm not seeing any real deals on pre-ordering except Amazon giving a $10 credit and some in-game rifle thing.

-Trouble
post #12 of 67 Old 02-15-2012, 03:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

Satisfying the XBox Live Monster Energy Drink dipsh*t crowd who thinks every single game needs to be a carbon-copy third-person co-op shooter.
post #13 of 67 Old 02-15-2012, 04:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubleshooter View Post

Thanks for the heads up on the demo - it runs great for me with a solid 60fps at the limited maximum settings that can be chosen. With that said, man it really is designed for controllers. Maybe remapping helps, I don't remember what I did in ME1 and 2. Debating on going with PC version and using a controller or just going with 360. I'm not seeing any real deals on pre-ordering except Amazon giving a $10 credit and some in-game rifle thing.

-Trouble

Just like other recent Bioware PC games, the PC version of ME3 does not support a controller in any way. ME1 could be modded to use controllers because the scripts and most of the artwork was left in the game. ME2 and DA2 stripped out everything and I don't think have ever successfully been modded to natively use a controller. I expect ME3 to be the same. Xpadder or the like is always an option, but takes a lot more tweaking to get an experience like decent native controller support. It never really felt right to me in ME2, but I didn't put that much time into getting it working well.
post #14 of 67 Old 02-16-2012, 05:28 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
Quote:

NOPE

Love inventory, loved collecting, loved breaking down weapons into materials, loved outfitting my squad.

I'd rather have my inventory sir.

post #15 of 67 Old 02-16-2012, 06:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:

Satisfying the publisher executive dipsh*t crowd who thinks every single game needs to be a carbon-copy third-person co-op shooter to sell on consoles.

Fixed
post #16 of 67 Old 02-16-2012, 08:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Wow had no idea it didn't support controllers. Meh. Anyway just reinstalled ME1 for a walkthrough. I think I'll wait for ME3 until the price drops.
post #17 of 67 Old 02-16-2012, 08:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 41
So I never played ME1. I played a bit of ME2 but couldn't quite figure out the game I was playing...on the one hand it was like KOTOR, lots of standing dialogue trees. But also a lot of running around and shooting with weapons and lifting people up and dropping them off ledges. So I just reinstalled ME2 as something to do when I am not FUS RO DAHing bunnies off cliffs in Skyrim.

Do I preorder part 3 and get the FREE Battlefield 3...which I haven't yet bought by the way.....

well? DO IT? OR.......

Xbox Live / PS3 / Steam: HeadRusch1
Keeping the world safe from the evil antics of Bernie Tanaka and Mel Fujitsu since 1986

post #18 of 67 Old 02-16-2012, 10:23 AM
Bass Enabler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadRusch View Post

Do I preorder part 3 and get the FREE Battlefield 3...which I haven't yet bought by the way.....

well? DO IT? OR.......

Wait. I wan to know more about this! I don't have BF3 either but that would sure sweeten the deal for me! Tell me more.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

- direct pod link

- main website

post #19 of 67 Old 02-16-2012, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

Quote:

Satisfying the EA corporate A-holes who will find any reason to add multiplayer so they can sneak in a $10 fee on used console games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

Fixed

Fixed again!
post #20 of 67 Old 02-16-2012, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Wait. I wan to know more about this! I don't have BF3 either but that would sure sweeten the deal for me! Tell me more.

Why tell you, when I can let the corporate web slaves at Origin do my talking for me!

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/html/pbPage.me3

Keeping the world safe from the evil antics of Bernie Tanaka and Mel Fujitsu since 1986

post #21 of 67 Old 02-16-2012, 11:09 AM
Bass Enabler

Oh, okay. I was on the EA.com site looking at ME3 and I couldn't find any mention of it. But a free copy of BF3 is enough for me to cave. Lol!

Also, is anyone going to get the deluxe version? I usually don't go for those but I like some of the things they give, especially the soundtrack as I love the music in ME. Btw, how does a digital deluxe work out for pc? There is a book and other physical items. Do they just give you a .pdf of those or something? Cuz if so, that would be really lame. It also sounds dumb but I want that lil N7 patch. I want to put it on my airsoft gear.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

- direct pod link

- main website

post #22 of 67 Old 02-16-2012, 11:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Deluxe Versions, to me, are always bordering on the absurd.....its like the game + junk, and 9 times out of 10 the add-in is truly Junk. The best add-in I ever heard of was with Dead Rising II's 12" Zombie Figure that was kind of hard to find (and overpriced when you did).

I also just saw there is a 2 hour demo for ME3...snagging!

post #23 of 67 Old 02-16-2012, 11:19 AM
Bass Enabler

Oh, I know and I'm the first to tease my friend who always get them. It is all mostly junk but I guess I'm slightly interested in the junk this one comes with. Especially the soundtrack. But I'm still curious how the book and stuff are handled.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

- direct pod link

- main website

post #24 of 67 Old 02-16-2012, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Oh, I know and I'm the first to tease my friend who always get them. It is all mostly junk but I guess I'm slightly interested in the junk this one comes with. Especially the soundtrack. But I'm still curious how the book and stuff are handled.

The soundtrack will probably be a seperate download of the mp3 (that's how it worked for Bastion). For the books, I think it will be a .pdf.

If you really want the junk, there is usually people selling them on ebay and keeping the game.
post #25 of 67 Old 02-16-2012, 11:41 AM
Bass Enabler

Ugh, yeah... don't want to pay extra for PDF's.

Hmmm.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

- direct pod link

- main website

post #26 of 67 Old 02-16-2012, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Free BF3 is a pretty good deal. I'd bite if I didn't already have it and know how much I dislike it

-Trouble
post #27 of 67 Old 02-18-2012, 08:09 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
The artbook is supposed to be a hardcover. So I don't see a pdf there. And the comic is supposed to be a special variant cover. Again, pdf is unlikely. But the soundtrack is going to be a digital copy (unfortunately).

Quote:

I'm currently replaying ME1 (as part of a marathon run in anticipation of ME3) and I can tell you, without any shred of doubt, the inventory system in ME1 is atrocious. It's a huge mess that feels as if very little effort was placed into it.

As for action mode, I don't get why people whine so much about that. No one is forcing you to play that way. Same for story mode (where all the action is made easier). Role playing mode is there for those of us that want to play the game with challenging action and retaining control over character interactions.
post #28 of 67 Old 02-19-2012, 09:41 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Apparently this was hidden in the demo files.

http://youtu.be/E526-GuYpOw

So I guess Faunts is back doing the end credits track.
post #29 of 67 Old 02-19-2012, 06:00 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 35
The thing I love about the Mass Effect games (also the Fallout games) is the way that you can level your character up with certain types of weapons, and at the higher levels the game becomes very much like a third/first person shooter during the action sequences, where the projectiles hit where your crosshairs are pointing. I really liked this aspect of these two series. I didn't care too much for RPG games until I started playing these two series. Now I am hooked on Skyrim...
post #30 of 67 Old 02-19-2012, 10:57 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
How can you get a free copy of BF3? I can't seem to find it on there site, all i see is them saying it doesn't come with BF3.

Reply HTPC Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page