Question about GTX 570 and HTPC - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-30-2012, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got directed to this forum from another very old thread about the inability of the GTX 570 to bitstream HD audio. I don't know if this is the right sub forum or not, but I figured I'd give it a shot. I hope you guys can help me.

I'm attempting to turn my gaming computer to be able to play blu-rays since I have a blu ray drive and my blu ray player seems to be not want to work properly. I have an Onkyo 260 receiver, and I have everything connected properly.

So I found out I can't bitstream the HD audio feeds to my receiver. Alright. So I'm using a trial of power dvd 12 and attempting to get the multichannel audio and HD and all the bells and whistles and what not.

If I turn on "PCM Decoded by PowerDVD" in the audio options and set me receiver to multichannel, I should be getting the same quality sound as the DTS-MA without all the lights on my receiver, correct?

Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-01-2012, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
It'll be the exact same. The DTS audio is just getting decoded by your PC rather then by your receiver. PCM is a digital connection so you will end up with the exact same signal getting to your receiver either way, it doesn't really matter where it is decoded.

PSN / Steam - KrimsonStudios
Reply HTPC Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page