Is Microsoft Flight Simulator X Fun? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-04-2012, 05:59 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I'm relatively new to pc gaming and am slightly intrigued regarding Flight Simulator X. A few questions:

1) Is it fun? If so, what do you like about it? What makes it fun to you? Does the appeal come from actually learning how to fly the planes?

2) I've read that it can be tough system-wise. I take it my specs will provide decent peformance?

Intel Core i7-3770 (3.4GHz, 8MB Cache, w/ Hyper-Threading and Turbo Boost 2.0)
8GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz
1TB SATA 3Gb/s (7,200RPM) 32MB Cache
1GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 555

3) For those that have flight yokes for airplanes, what do you use for the helicopters? Separate joysticks?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-05-2012, 04:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
That system can run FSX fine. I used to love flying. I really should reinstall it and play again. I would spend hours a night flying. It makes it fun when you can get a group of people together and fly. I had a group of about 5 or 6 that would get on Teamspeak and we set a course across the county and each night we would fly a leg of it.

what's great about FSX is that there are tons of add-ons you can get. I purchased a few terrain add-ons that made it look amazing. Check out http://www.flight1.com/. I have Ground Environment X USA-Canada and Ultimate Terrain X - USA. It makes it look so good.

I also have a yoke and pedals. I don't remember flying the helicopters too much though. I think I flew choppers just for the missions and I'm pretty sure I just used a joystick for them.
Reply HTPC Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page