Watch Dogs demo vid - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 26 Old 06-05-2012, 12:54 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 35

Seems to be running on PC maybe? (Edit* ferrisg confirmed below that this was running on PC).
Looks cool, similar to GTA IV, graphics-wise. Don't know much about it and have no idea when it will be out. I love these open world type games...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 06-06-2012, 06:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 24
this demo was indeed being played on a PC not a ps3. no way ps3 is capable of such graphics that's why everyone was like omg next gen? CEO as well as other ubi guys said on Gametrailers that it was indeed running on a PC. (same for star wars 1313 is on a pc.)

post #3 of 26 Old 06-06-2012, 06:54 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
I watched this yesterday and was blown away!!! This games graphics are off the charts and the game looks great too!! Don't know how it wasn't on my radar.

STEAM: Augcliffe
PSN: Augcliffe
post #4 of 26 Old 06-06-2012, 07:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Looks fun. I also got a bit of a GTA IV vibe from its visual style.
post #5 of 26 Old 06-06-2012, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: guarding my retirement igloo...with a McMillan TAC-50 long range sniper rifle
Looks impressive, def will be interested when it comes out, only if its available for PC.

You do not stop playing because you get old...
You get old because you stop playing.
post #6 of 26 Old 06-06-2012, 09:23 AM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 698 Post(s)
Liked: 916
This went up to the top of my most anticipated game releases along with Borderlands 2 and GTA5. It looks that awesome!

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

post #7 of 26 Old 06-06-2012, 10:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker View Post

Looks impressive, def will be interested when it comes out, only if its available for PC.
Pretty much every multiplatform Western developer/publisher releases on PC now. I think we're safe.

Game looks great. Cross between GTA and Assassin's Creed.

PSN & XBL ID: drop me a private message
post #8 of 26 Old 06-06-2012, 10:49 AM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 698 Post(s)
Liked: 916
^^^^

...and Deus Ex. I can't wait til this one comes out. biggrin.gif

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

post #9 of 26 Old 06-06-2012, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Well according to this article, this demo was actually played live on a PS3 at E3. You can clearly see he is playing with a PS3 controller when they occasionally cut to him (second vid down). Here is the link: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/04/e3-2012-ubisoft-reveals-ctos

Oh and it is definitely coming out for PC!
post #10 of 26 Old 06-06-2012, 01:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 891
The WiiU conference pretty much moved my console cash pile to a graphics card cash pile. Still glad to have my PS3 though.
post #11 of 26 Old 06-07-2012, 07:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwing View Post

Well according to this article, this demo was actually played live on a PS3 at E3. You can clearly see he is playing with a PS3 controller when they occasionally cut to him (second vid down). Here is the link: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/04/e3-2012-ubisoft-reveals-ctos
Oh and it is definitely coming out for PC!

This interview with the game's producer said everything for it is running on PC at E3: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/06/07/hackers-paradise-ubisoft-on-watch-dogs/.
post #12 of 26 Old 06-07-2012, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrisg View Post

This interview with the game's producer said everything for it is running on PC at E3: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/06/07/hackers-paradise-ubisoft-on-watch-dogs/.

Cool, thanks for the info. I tried searching for this info myself and could only find that IGN article that I linked to.
post #13 of 26 Old 06-07-2012, 03:01 PM
Advanced Member

yeah. whoever thinks that and 1313 is on a console right now is ...lol...

even giantbomb thinks this game being listed for ps3/360 is a lie as they said on bombcast. It just has to much detail and would require waayyyy to much reduction in resolution and textures to play on a 360 or ps3. Same with 1313 no way that's gonna make it out for current gen consoles

pc all the way baby!

post #14 of 26 Old 06-07-2012, 08:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 26
It might be demoed on PC hardware, but you have to remember that console releases are where the money's at. That means they could purposely delay releasing the game for the PC until the next-gen consoles are out, ones that can suitably run it.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
post #15 of 26 Old 06-07-2012, 09:12 PM

Liked: 11
Seems like a cross between GTA and Assassin's Creed or something. Definitely a purchase from me.

post #16 of 26 Old 06-08-2012, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threefiddie View Post

yeah. whoever thinks that and 1313 is on a console right now is ...lol...
These games are the vanguard of the "next gen" on PC. Lots of folks were asking at E3 if these would be running on next-gen consoles. The answer was "no," of course. But they're a great sign of what's hitting PC over the next year.

post #17 of 26 Old 06-09-2012, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by confidenceman View Post

These games are the vanguard of the "next gen" on PC. Lots of folks were asking at E3 if these would be running on next-gen consoles. The answer was "no," of course. But they're a great sign of what's hitting PC over the next year.

Not sure why so many are saying this looks next-gen. The lighting is impressive as are the particle effects but I just don't get a next-gen vibe from it. If this is an indication of next-gen I'm actually kinda disappointed. It just looked like any other Ubisoft game. Had a very Assassin's Creed feel to it. Don't get me wrong I'm impressed as heck and want to play the game but I just don't see the next-gen comparisons.
post #18 of 26 Old 06-09-2012, 09:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

Not sure why so many are saying this looks next-gen. The lighting is impressive as are the particle effects but I just don't get a next-gen vibe from it. If this is an indication of next-gen I'm actually kinda disappointed. It just looked like any other Ubisoft game. Had a very Assassin's Creed feel to it. Don't get me wrong I'm impressed as heck and want to play the game but I just don't see the next-gen comparisons.
One simple reason: in the past, gameplay footage at E3 for a major multiplatform release would be shown playing on a console. This year, most of Ubisoft's big multiplatform releases were shown on PC. Same goes for 1313 and a handful of other AAA releases from other major publishers.

For PC, it's business as usual. But it's fishy for console releases. Hell, 1313 has yet to be announced for anything other than PC. Publishers are being purposely vague, and they're showing games using tech well beyond what current console specs allow. All seems reasonable that what we're seeing is next gen. They just can't say anything because the console manufacturers have yet to set specs in stone and make a public announcement.

But, yes, in terms of gameplay, it's nothing especially new. But since when has new gameplay defined a new gen?

post #19 of 26 Old 06-09-2012, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Well there's been a few times new gameplay has defined a new gen. Still I can see where you're coming from. They do seem a bit vague on their assertion this is a PS3/360 title even if it's being shown with a 360 controller. That's no indication at all considering it's probably the most used pc controller. Maybe it just signals a switch on their part to showcasing PC? I doubt it but I just don't get the impression that this is true next-gen. If this backs up the assertion that the new consoles aren't going to be the leap the last were then count me squarely in the unimpressed camp and a firm believer that PC will be my main gaming platform for the foreseeable future.
post #20 of 26 Old 06-09-2012, 01:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If this backs up the assertion that the new consoles aren't going to be the leap the last were then count me squarely in the unimpressed camp and a firm believer that PC will be my main gaming platform for the foreseeable future.
You can rest assured that consoles won't be much improved over current ones. PCs will be the cheaper, more efficient alternative this next time around. Consoles are getting too expensive and inconvenient. The whole reason to bother with a console was that they were cheaper and more convenient than PCs. But that's no longer true (now and in the near future).

Not sure about the rest of you, but this E3 convinced me to jump back whole hog into PC gaming. It's cheaper, faster, more efficient, more convenient, and more diverse. We're in the new golden age of PC gaming.

post #21 of 26 Old 06-09-2012, 05:35 PM

I haven't bought a console in many years though I was tempted, and really haven't missed them I guess. I have always loved having my HTPC/Gaming PC's too much even with all the tales of "the age of PC's is declining" years ago smile.gif

Now one of these days when the SSD prices come down more I'll be a happy camper I guess though they are getting better, but still popped for just a Cavair Black when one of my RAID arrays with the old Raptors went down recently I guess as I still hadn't gotten WIN7 x64 and just did a few things at once :P
post #22 of 26 Old 06-10-2012, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

Well I agree with you that the demo vid here is more evolutionary than revolutionary, but you have to keep in mind that the game is at least a year away from release. I did really like the lighting effects, all the stuff going on the screens when he is walking around inside the club/gallery.

Some instances you could tell it was very beta. When he gets in the car at the end to make his getaway, the car sounded like a wind-up car lol.
post #23 of 26 Old 06-10-2012, 10:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwing View Post

Well I agree with you that the demo vid here is more evolutionary than revolutionary, but you have to keep in mind that the game is at least a year away from release. I did really like the lighting effects, all the stuff going on the screens when he is walking around inside the club/gallery.
Some instances you could tell it was very beta. When he gets in the car at the end to make his getaway, the car sounded like a wind-up car lol.
The emergent AI will be the real selling point, assuming it works as claimed.

post #24 of 26 Old 06-12-2012, 05:21 AM
Advanced Member

even the rumored tech that the 720/ps4 dev kits are already a year out of date. By the time they come out, given that the dev kit specs are release specs. PC will still walk all over consoles no matter what. Sorry no way in hell 1313 is making it on 360/ps3 considering atm it is running on an upgraded unreal 3.5 engine(unreal 4 engine not available until 2014) in which Epic themselves said there is no way for it to run on 360/ps3. 1313 is pure next gen title.

As for Watch Dogs. the graphics and lighting and textures are going to have to be drastically cut down so much from the e3 demo just to make it run on 2003-05 console tech with this hack in and hack out multiplayer 24/7 it's going to have with at least 10 people in the world at same time shown in the e3 demo. It will just be ugly mess on consoles.

also this: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/06/07/pc-gaming-e3s-dirty-little-secret/

post #25 of 26 Old 10-05-2013, 11:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Nvidia apparently shelled out $5 million to Ubisoft for exclusive graphics features and performance enhancements in games like Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed IV. They better be good for that kind of money.

http://www.maximumpc.com/nvidia_closes_5_million_deal_ubisoft_2013
DaverJ likes this.
post #26 of 26 Old 10-08-2013, 08:26 AM
AVS Special Member

The minimum and recommended specs were announced. Of interest is that 6GB of RAM and a 64-bit OS are apparently required.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/10/08/watch-dogs-system-requirements-announced-specify-64-bit-os-and-minimum-6-gb-of-ram/

Call of Duty: Ghosts will also require 6GB of RAM and a 64-bit OS, along with 50GB of HDD space. Noted elsewhere is that this game is also advertised by Nvidia with support for Nvidia-specific features like vaseline-looking TXAA and hardware PhysX.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/10/08/call-of-duty-ghosts-pc-requirements-posted
DaverJ likes this.
Reply HTPC Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page