Borderlands 2 - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 85 Old 09-23-2012, 01:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Headset mic works through audio system and not the headset, cannot hear the other person through the headset and they only hear me on their speakers as well.

We had to resort to using MSN messenger chat running in the background and the headsets work fine there (after setting the VOIP volume in the game to 0).

Found a fix for the mic playing through the speakers for Borderlands 1 but it did not seem to have the same line to edit for BL2.

Also encountering some odd save issues here and there, which I guess there is now a patch out, but my game did not patch today.

Jason

My Twitch Game Stream [PS4/Xone/PC]...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 85 Old 09-26-2012, 05:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Was playing today on Steam. Some guy joins. We have 4 dudes rolling through the game. We get to Sanctuary the one guy hands me 20,000,000 credits. Then he starts playing the slots for an hour, racking us up iridium, after that he stood in front of moxxxiiis and crapped weapons out of his person for a good minute....one of the guys kept grabbing them and selling them. This is what was left...

c5b52cab13e5f701bf69de6c7535c611.jpg

Pretty odd and I don't know how he had so much stuff.

post #63 of 85 Old 09-26-2012, 05:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 44
By the way...AMAZING game. Wasn't so big on the first but this is an amazing game. Very cool stuff and looks incredible on a GTX680.

post #64 of 85 Old 09-27-2012, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 511 Post(s)
Liked: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpalmieri1203 View Post

Was playing today on Steam. Some guy joins. We have 4 dudes rolling through the game. We get to Sanctuary the one guy hands me 20,000,000 credits. Then he starts playing the slots for an hour, racking us up iridium, after that he stood in front of moxxxiiis and crapped weapons out of his person for a good minute....one of the guys kept grabbing them and selling them. This is what was left...
c5b52cab13e5f701bf69de6c7535c611.jpg
Pretty odd and I don't know how he had so much stuff.

Oh yeah. I remember our days in BL1 that were like that. We had better and larger piles of weapons then. biggrin.gif

It will happen again soon. Oh yes.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

- direct pod link

- main website

post #65 of 85 Old 09-27-2012, 08:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Odd. I play every night and nobody joins my games. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong. Anyways, I hit all cherries on the slots once and didn't get anything good out of it.tongue.gif

You guys know how to get an extra golden chest key right? Google "gearbox shift" and you'll find out how. Remember to save those keys for when you're a higher level. I made the mistake of opening my chest as soon as I got to Sanctuary.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
post #66 of 85 Old 09-27-2012, 08:57 PM - Thread Starter
Bass Enabler

I tweaked one .ini file to give myself 255 of them. biggrin.gif

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

- direct pod link

- main website

post #67 of 85 Old 09-28-2012, 01:57 AM

Liked: 93
"I tweaked one .ini file to give myself 255 of them."

Randy tweeted about that a couple days ago. It's been patched with no punishment from my understanding. I would not expect it to work again.

The "no punishment" part is what makes Gearbox more pro-consumer than most devs. As he said, temptation with keys to the castle and all that. Sure that's too many keys, but it isn't breaking other people's game so no biggie.
post #68 of 85 Old 09-28-2012, 09:02 AM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 182
Xbox people just start a game and create a new character for split screen co-op. Infinite keys. Not sure how the loot scales in that scenario though.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #69 of 85 Old 09-28-2012, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter
Bass Enabler

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklordjames View Post

"I tweaked one .ini file to give myself 255 of them."
Randy tweeted about that a couple days ago. It's been patched with no punishment from my understanding. I would not expect it to work again.
The "no punishment" part is what makes Gearbox more pro-consumer than most devs. As he said, temptation with keys to the castle and all that. Sure that's too many keys, but it isn't breaking other people's game so no biggie.

Yeah..the way I see it, I paid good money for this game and I am enjoying it to it's fullest. Plus, I'm only playing with one friend and not other random people. Also, most of the time the net item(s) kinda suck even for being purple weapons/items. I think I've kept around 10% or less and just sell the rest. They aren't worth a ton either so I've been a good 10's of grand. Woopee. tongue.gif

Saving the other 200 keys for playthrough 2 Lvl50. biggrin.gif

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

- direct pod link

- main website

post #70 of 85 Old 09-28-2012, 04:02 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Finished the story and I think every optional quest. Time for me to get back into co-op. I think when I do my next character, I'll rush through the story line first and 2nd play will get all the optional quests.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #71 of 85 Old 09-28-2012, 08:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Co-op is more fun but when you play that way with random people they tend to steal all the good stuff.

post #72 of 85 Old 09-29-2012, 04:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
free vault key 5BWB3-JWZRS-RT3JJ-BTJB3-RRJKH

should work for the next 2 hours.

No trees were harmed forming this post, though many electrons were inconvenienced.
SERGEANT SERGEANT MASTER SERGEANT SHOOTER PERSON
Then:|A40|AX720|F1|K702|DT880|ES7|MS2i Now:|MS1|AD700|PC360|A30
post #73 of 85 Old 09-29-2012, 07:56 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Damn you, employment. Got home 1 hour too late for that.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #74 of 85 Old 09-29-2012, 08:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post

Would be nice if you could enter them on the Shift site instead of in-game. It is account bound anyway so I don't see why they haven't implemented that yet.

<--- All gamertags listed there -

__________________________________________________ _
Plan9Reloaded Co-host
Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast

- direct pod link

- main website
post #75 of 85 Old 09-29-2012, 08:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I was too busy playing Borderlands 2.wink.gif

post #76 of 85 Old 10-09-2012, 06:46 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

What a pain, couldn't get the mechromancer DLC to work. Tried doing all the tricks on the internet so far, none worked. Kept getting a DLC corrupt message once in game. Verifying the content didn't work, deleting the DLC folder didn't work.

So I went through my borderlands 2 folder and deleted all files with today's date on them. It finally worked.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #77 of 85 Old 10-09-2012, 08:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

What a pain, couldn't get the mechromancer DLC to work. Tried doing all the tricks on the internet so far, none worked. Kept getting a DLC corrupt message once in game. Verifying the content didn't work, deleting the DLC folder didn't work.
So I went through my borderlands 2 folder and deleted all files with today's date on them. It finally worked.

Was getting the same message until I verified. 2 files failed, after that it worked fine. Oh and Death Trap is so totally OP. So much so that I can't complain about Scott having double turrets on Axton anymore.

When I fought Boom Bewm with my Mechromancer, I summed Death Trap, then hid. he solo'd both of them without dying. Did the same thing for Captain Flynt. Summoned DT, ran and hid, he solo'd him lol.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

- direct pod link

- main website
post #78 of 85 Old 10-19-2012, 06:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Preordered the 4-pack on Steam to work the price down to $40/person and got the Season Pass. I played the **** out of BL1 on Xbox 360. I not only played each build legit from the ground up to LVL69, but also experimented with modding weapons, shields, etc. It just never got old. I was really scared that BL2 would try to do too much and ruin a good thing, but so far so good. My only complaints are the removal of fall damage (c'mon, if a bullet or melee attack can damage you, a 500-ft drop should as well) and the fact that you can't play as the original characters (maybe DLC someday???). Neither of those complaints impact my love of the sequel, however.

The only real problem I have now is finding time to play! I've got a LVL24 Assassin (play by myself), LVL21 Commando (playthrough with wife and friends), and a LVL6 Mecromancer. I still haven't had time to start a Gunzerker or Siren yet. My wife's LVL21 Siren is crazy powerful though. All her attacks have a chance to corrode enemies, so combined with her favorite weapon (Fire Fire Spinnygun), she can really bring the pain. I'm excited to see the endgame!

FYI, you can STILL use a modified BIN file to get 255 Golden Keys (after Mecromancer DLC and Booty DLC). I just did it for my LVL24 Assassin. I, like many others, made the mistake of opening the Golden Chest in Sactuary without even realizing what I was doing, so I wasted my key on a weak LVL8 grenade mod. I spammed that Chest with my one build and I'll be honest, they did a good job making it all purple and magenta items instead of orange+. Many of the items in the Golden Chest are pretty good, but most are disposable. Seems like every other weapon is a "plasma caster" type that burns through SMG ammo like no tomorrow.

If you want to play modded or unmodded, just add my Steam ID:

nathanddrews
post #79 of 85 Old 10-20-2012, 10:07 PM

"c'mon, if a bullet or melee attack can damage you, a 500-ft drop should as well"

Have you seen how far you can jump and how slowly you fall? Gravity is obviously pretty low on this planet and could reasonably be explained that a falling human never reaches a sufficient velocity to do bone damage. This would be especially true if the atmosphere is also a bit denser. Distance means nothing when speaking of low terminal velocity. If I hit terminal velocity after 20 feet, I can travel for another 700 feet straight down and hit the ground with the same force as if I had landed at 21 feet. Science, yo.

It's still a game, it's silly to apply science to games, and it is inconsistent with the first game's ruleset. Removal of fall damage also improves gameplay and fun, so it's a win. I can explore in more directions and with a sense of uncertainty because I can jump off of cliffs not knowing how I will get back. This is a good thing.
post #80 of 85 Old 10-21-2012, 07:07 PM
Advanced Member

I disagree entirely for reasons already stated in my first post. IMO, it dumbs the game down. It doesn't ruin the game by any stretch, but I do believe it to be an unnecessary change that rewards poor skills.
post #81 of 85 Old 10-21-2012, 07:19 PM

"that rewards poor skills"

...says the guy with a modded 200 golden keys...

"No fall damage is for noobs!!1 Weapons cheat though? Toally pro."
post #82 of 85 Old 10-21-2012, 08:47 PM
Advanced Member

In a game that's always been about blowing stuff up with bigger and badder weapons, fall damage would be a completely unnecessary annoyance. As far as not being able to play as the original characters... Why would anyone want to? We already explored them, we know their skill trees, honestly, it would be boring as hell to play another complete game with the same characters and same trees. Besides, the new classes trump the old in so many ways. And I played the first one with Scott about a dozen times through, and already have 205 hours played in BL2.

The only complaint I have is the seemingly WORSE guns than the first. There are some really cool guns, but I tend to stick with 4-5 main types. A good 'regular' sniper rifle, an explosive shotgun, my Infinity corrosive pistol, Hellfire smg, and a good Launcher. I carry more guns with me, but hardly use them.

Other than that, brilliant game, and so far, FAR better than the first.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

- direct pod link

- main website
post #83 of 85 Old 10-22-2012, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter
Bass Enabler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marafice Eye View Post

The only complaint I have is the seemingly WORSE guns than the first. There are some really cool guns, but I tend to stick with 4-5 main types. A good 'regular' sniper rifle, an explosive shotgun, my Infinity corrosive pistol, Hellfire smg, and a good Launcher. I carry more guns with me, but hardly use them.
Other than that, brilliant game, and so far, FAR better than the first.

This is by far, my largest complaint with BL2 which has been fantasic so far.

I miss my LMG from BL1. Seriously. frown.gif

Willow Tree, where are thee?

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

- direct pod link

- main website

post #84 of 85 Old 10-23-2012, 04:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklordjames View Post

"that rewards poor skills"
...says the guy with a modded 200 golden keys...
"No fall damage is for noobs!!1 Weapons cheat though? Toally pro."

Oh no! We have differing opinions! The Internet asplode! Skill has nothing to do with opening a chest designed to poop out disposable purple/magenta loot. On the contrary, finding great loot is the very opposite of skill in this game. You just have to put in your time. Or...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

Willow Tree, where are thee?

Yeah, it will be nice to have that option again. As far as I know, it's being worked out. I still haven't made it to the second playthrough, but there is a noticeable drought of good loot. Plenty of "good enough" loot for sure, but this time orange loot seems just as scarce as pearlescent loot in BL1. I've only found two orange items across 4 builds, always using the 5.0% rare drop artifact, and only one was better than I already had (LVL8 Hellfire SMG). God, I miss my Hellfire collection. *single tear*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marafice Eye View Post

In a game that's always been about blowing stuff up with bigger and badder weapons, fall damage would be a completely unnecessary annoyance. As far as not being able to play as the original characters... Why would anyone want to? We already explored them, we know their skill trees, honestly, it would be boring as hell to play another complete game with the same characters and same trees. Besides, the new classes trump the old in so many ways. And I played the first one with Scott about a dozen times through, and already have 205 hours played in BL2.

Sorry for not elaborating, I was thinking that playing with the old characters would be cool with new or refined skill trees. I agree that if it was identical to the first, there wouldn't be much point... although I guess we won't know that until there is DLC or a mod. "It's like Christmas!" LOL

Was fall damage an annoyance in BL1? It wasn't for me. I've never once played a game with fall damage and thought it was out of place. Oddly enough, they seem to have replaced fall damage with level designs containing chasms and holes that instantly kill you instead. I find that much more annoying. Is this water safe to jump in? Or will I die instantly? Will I freeze? Different strokes, I guess.
post #85 of 85 Old 10-30-2012, 05:24 AM
Advanced Member

Finished playthough one last night and all but two sidequests (that I know of). It was actually easier than I expected.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The area leading up to the Vault of the Warrior (Hero's Pass, I think) was much harder than fighting Jack and The Warrior. I have fought him about five times now for XP and loot. As long as you stay on the move and behind pillars, you almost never take a hit from The Warrior. There is plenty of warning as to when he is about to attack. The Crystalisks are the only real danger that I saw. Even the lava does minimal damage. After getting the Conference Call shotgun the first time I beat him, it's even easier now. I haven't even run out of ammo once yet.

However, Hero's Pass actually killed me a couple times - more specifically those damn snipers! They do some insane damage very quickly. Then they run away and stay behind cover so I can rarely recover from FFYL. Now that I'm also much more proficient with the "bison bison bison" sniper rifle (the quest reward that doesn't have a scope), I can usually one-shot kill any enemy from a safe distance. Class mods, artifacts, skills, and badass points that increase my critical hit skills certainly help.

I anticipate a much steeper challenge on playthrough two... but first I've got to complete all the challenges! biggrin.gif
Reply HTPC Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page