Help with choosing sound options (sound card, dac, receiver, etc) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-19-2012, 06:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a computer that I use to game with and I am not certain as to how to hook it up to my speakers! Or I should say the BEST way to hook it up to them.

I used to have it hooked up as a NuForce UDAC to a customized t-amp to a pair of Jamo Classic 4 speakers. I am no longer using the speakers and now want to use a pair of Vienna Acoustic Haydns 6ohm. The T amp is not enough for these so.

I am wondering what is the best way to go about doing this. I have a left over Yamaha RX-V3000 in the closet that I could use as an amp. Should I use the optical output on my Sabertooth 990FX motherboard or should I still make use of the NuForce UDAC. I am guessing the 24bit burr brown DAC in the Yamaha is better but I have no clue. Or am I better off even using the analog out from my motherboard soundcard.

Also I have one last final option that would work. The wall the PC is next to and the wall that all my audio gear is next to is the same (different room) a hole already exists for cable to pass through would I be better off using the NVIDIA GTX 680 as the sound card and my Pioneer Elites 2nd zone as the amp? Problem there is that its going to be the lower quality DAC in the receiver since I think it only has 2 higher end DACs.

I am not sure how much of all of that even matters but I felt these questions surely belong on this forum and not on a pc forum where most people don't even understand the difference between a $300 receiver and a $3000 receiver except the expecation that it would be louder!

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

EDIT*** It is rare that the TV is used at the same time as the PC and if it was I could use headphones so I guess it could be an option to connect these speakers to the pioneers B speakers I think that would be annoying to keep track of and possibily devistating if my wife allowed both sets of speakers to run at the same time for an extended period of time since on the other side is Vienna Mozart Grand 4ohm on a receiver that is already only rated at 6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-25-2012, 12:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Not being a big audiophile my best guess would be to run the digi opt audio out to a receiver. Seems like that would give you the best connectivity options as far as speakers go.
Reply HTPC Gaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page