first post (hope this is in the right sub forum)
I am about to build a HTPC and have put together some components and was wandering if you guys could give me some suggestions as to what needs to be changed (if any)
What I want:
1) HTPC for living room (on 1080p TV)
- TV via TV tuner card (with recording etc.)
- Youtube, video on demand, Twitch etc.
- DVD and Blue-Ray
2) Light Gaming with friends in the living room with "reasonable" but not great graphics(e.g. Blur, Audiosurf, LIMBO, Trine 2, Street fighter 4, that kind of thing) I have a dedicated Work/Gaming machine but like the idea of casual gaming on my sofa (console-style)
3) lowish noise but certainly does not need to be silent. I would quite like low power usage as I will use the PC for TV recording etc and he will likely stay on for extended periods of time)
4) upgrade capabilities if I ever want to go 3D or more intense gaming.
My current (planned) build is
MOBA: Asrock H77M
Has USB 3 at front and back, HDMI out, 2xPCI and 2xPCIe for TV card and Wireless card and dolby surround sound (otherwise standard MOBA stuff)
Processor: (really not sure) options:
a)i3-2125 (relatively "future proof" in terms of processor power and should be able to handle simple games graphics. I think I will need discreet graphics if I want to play more demanding games. If I go that route then the graphics part )
b) G620 Pentium (should still be able to handle HTPC video stuff but not able to really play games without discreet graphics
c) scrap Intel and go with Llano?
Graphics: no discrete graphics planned atm but I would like to have the option to upgrade at a later stage
Corsair DIMM 8 GB DDR3-1600 Kit (ram is cheap)
I already have a 60gig SSD for the OS and some mass storage for media
Power supply: not sure what to get but would probably go with something that has good reviews on Newegg
Maybe: Antec EarthWatts Green EA-380D Green 380W Continuous power ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
Silverstone GD05B USB 3.0 Grandia HTPC Black Micro ATX Case
Not sure what to get
I have a copy of Win7 Home Premium
I guess my biggest problem is deciding on a processor (+- graphics). I like the idea of an SB/IB 1155 system as my main PC is still running an old core-i5 750 and I could easily upgrade the HTPC to use as a main PC when the i5 gives up one day.
Any ideas are welcome.