30" 2500X1600 monitor or 60" LCD TV - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 10-05-2012, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi. I am playing on a dell 30" monitor at 2500x1600. I like the monitor but I am considering making a video game room and was thinking on going with a 60" 1080P tv. Just wondering what would be the best for PC gaming, PLASMA, LCD, LED? What brand would be the best to buy? I dont care about 3D but would be a nice option I guess. Also wont be watching tv on it.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-10-2012, 06:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I went with with a 37" LED panasonic and love it. Figure in the past 2 years TV's have gotten better for gaming. Unless you need higher resolution then 1080p go with the TV.

Depending on how close you will sit the 60 " may be a bit of monster if you sit too close. I found 88" at 8' just too busy.
post #3 of 6 Old 10-10-2012, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: guarding my retirement igloo...with a McMillan TAC-50 long range sniper rifle
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If you are die hard PC gamer stick with the 30" monitor. I tried 60", 47", 27" LED TVs , triple 24" monitors and I still use my 30" for my PC gaming. The triples I do use for sim racing. The 60" only occasional X360.

You do not stop playing because you get old...
You get old because you stop playing.
post #4 of 6 Old 10-10-2012, 09:48 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Your going to take an obvious resolution hit for PC games by not going through the Dell. With that said, I still highly recommend going large. Yeah, your Dell will always look better but I haven't met one person that doesn't get floored when I show them a PC, Xbox, whatever game on my 120" screen and 60" will have a similar effect. Also, It doesn't always work out perfectly for some PC games depending on your mouse/keyboard setup and I occasionally swap back to my 32" Visio in my PC room which is adjacent to my HT room.

LCD IMO is the best choice and while you don't specify a budget, the fact your rocking the Dell 30" suggests you can get an LCD. Regarding brand, do a search on AVS regarding game latency testing. There is a large, really large thread on all the brands tested. Some of them will cause lag from the sync between the video and you pushing a button on your controller.
post #5 of 6 Old 10-12-2012, 01:17 AM

Liked: 18
Keep a sort of dual setup, hook the PC up to both the dell and a TV.

I find plasma best for gaming because it doesnt seem to lag is much but you need to find a set with low input lag and be aware of burn in.
post #6 of 6 Old 11-18-2012, 04:58 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone View Post

I went with with a 37" LED panasonic and love it. Figure in the past 2 years TV's have gotten better for gaming.

I was also going to say led Panasonic alpha pannel led tv if you can still find them.

another option LG pa70g led projector, its only 720p but very little lag and looks good on any white wall. 120" for $450 bucks ain't bad.

there is a good review here, to give you an idea, he games on it near the end

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5JIWJ1EVwZg&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D5JIWJ1EVwZg
Reply HTPC Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page