3DTV PLAY issue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-18-2012, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
using a gtx 680 graphics card, a yamaha receiver with hdmi 1.4 support, and an optoma hd3300 projector. when i first connected my setup together the computer recognized my optoma projector. recently the computer now recognizes my receiver rather than my projector as the monitor. this causes a problem now because nvidias 3dtv play cannot see that my setup is 3d capable. when i tried to select my projector again as the monitor it isnt available for selection. when i connect my projector directly to my pc it recognizes the optoma again and 3d works. How can i get my pc to not recognize the receiver but instead recognize the projector?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-18-2012, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter

please help i want to watch avatar in 3d and be able to use my klipsch speakers.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-14-2012, 09:38 AM

I have wrestled with this problem for a few years and I would love to tell you that I have a good solution. The only way that I can get it to work is to connect them via hdmi separately. I connect the projector using a dvi to hdmi connector and the receiver connects via the mini hdmi to hdmi dongle. Now windows sees two displays. Make the projector your primary and the receiver your extended. Of course I don't have a monitor connected to the receiver so you can loose windows if your not careful.

Now you can output 3d video to the projector and the receiver can process the hd audio. It works but I wish I had a better way. Let me know how you make out.
Reply HTPC Gaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page