Oculus Rift Virtual Reality Gaming - Page 10 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 11Likes
post #271 of 297 Old 01-25-2015, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 268
Take a look at this posted over in the Ultra HT section on Display Devices:
Oculus Bird Eye view experience-Literally
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 297 Old 03-13-2015, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

To quote Vin Diesel in Chronicles of Riddick..."Kiera? GET THAT ASS MOVING! The boys from Oculus Rift better heed a similar warning. And I mean fast. Or they will miss their flight. I'm talking 2015. Not 2016 or 2017. They better have a stage 1 product ready to release even in limited markets by this Holiday. Or competitors can blow by them like they're stuck in cement. The early bird like Valve or another can quickly seize the market & take the worm. Or totally screw it up before Oculus has a chance to react. IMO they are being way too careful. In fact...they are starting to look a bit scared and unfocused. They better have a release date at E3 2015. Or they could become irrelevant fast.

Edit on 3/15/2015:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techno...I?ocid=U218DHP
Whether OLED, Laser projection/scanning/or implants, 4k-32k+, or some kind of other exotic display tech. It all seems aimed at one destination. A Virtual Reality future. Some eschew this technology even as its primitive iterations sit at our soon to be released doorsteps. To be unleashed upon the public in formats designed to both awe, please and addict. I suspect that once the first wave of VR headsets hit the market (estimated in late 2015), AVS will need to establish a forum for it as a standalone topic. Just to cover the myriad of topics, possibilities and issues relevant to it. The link above is just a small peek into that window. Exhilirating for some. Terrifying for many others. Nonetheless...The Matrix is soon upon us all.

http://www.twitch.tv/oculus/v/3862049

Last edited by barrelbelly; 03-27-2015 at 05:17 PM. Reason: included comment posted in the Flat Panel OLED Display Tech Area of AVS
post #273 of 297 Old 04-14-2015, 09:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Not exactly an official announcement. But it appears, late this year (Oct-Nov) may be the release date for the consumer model. And I don't think HL3 is very far behind it or the Valve headset.
http://www.crossmap.com/news/oculus-...nefiting-17719
post #274 of 297 Old 04-20-2015, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 55
OR may be working on a killer app, but I'll bet their army of lawyers are wondering more about the upcoming "Carpal Neck Tunnel" syndrome lawsuits (henceforth referred to as The Occulus Stiffs)......
"Have you been injured using a Virtual Reality Headset? Scheister and Malarkey are here to represent you!"
barrelbelly likes this.

Xbox Live / PS3 / Steam: HeadRusch1
Keeping the world safe from the evil antics of Bernie Tanaka and Mel Fujitsu since 1986

post #275 of 297 Old 05-08-2015, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

It's finally official.
http://www.pcworld.com/article/29189...r-headset.html
Holiday 2015 and 2016 could be off the charts explosive in the gaming world. Because everyone will be talking about the VR launches. Especially if Sony joins the fray with Morpheus.
post #276 of 297 Old 05-14-2015, 08:09 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I just picked up an Oculus DK2 last week. The experience has been fairly good and I'm glad that I pulled the trigger. From order to delivery was less than a week, even with customs (I'm in Canada). The unit itself is well made and the VR experience is everything I expected. Some games are absolutely stunning (Elite: Dangerous is a good example) and others aren't great (Skyrim for example). The "screen-door" effect is noticeable and it does cause distant objects to blur and text to be hard to read.

Elite: Dangerous is incredible with the Oculus. The VR experience with this game makes me excited for what's we can expect once more companies start building in native VR support. It truly feels like you're in a spaceship. With optimized hardware and settings you can completely forget that you're sitting in a chair in your office. For me this game alone is enough to justify the price of admission.
DaverJ and barrelbelly like this.
post #277 of 297 Old 05-24-2015, 05:50 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I've read somewhere that an Oculus Rift googles is like having a really really big screen just in front of your eyes, anyone know how many inches are we talking about?
post #278 of 297 Old 05-27-2015, 07:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 713 Post(s)
Liked: 1588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akupro View Post
I've read somewhere that an Oculus Rift googles is like having a really really big screen just in front of your eyes, anyone know how many inches are we talking about?
Take your phone and hold it two inches from your eyes...that's how big it looks.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #279 of 297 Old 05-28-2015, 07:13 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post
Take your phone and hold it two inches from your eyes...that's how big it looks.
Did that, can't see **** LOL
post #280 of 297 Old 05-28-2015, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Can anyone really imagine what Madden 2020 or Gruden 2020 will be like in VR? So too NBA...NHL...MLB...and practically every other sport game for that matter. This technology could literally revive that genre of games and send it into the stratosphere! Real teams, with people occupying real positions will have to form, to battle other multi player teams from all over the planet. I can already see those bastards from the NFL suing for franchise rights and trademark rights to play in the first VR Super Bowl. Some strange, new and exciting Sports IPs are going to be created in this arena IMO.
post #281 of 297 Old 05-31-2015, 12:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelbelly View Post
Can anyone really imagine what Madden 2020 or Gruden 2020 will be like in VR? So too NBA...NHL...MLB...and practically every other sport game for that matter. This technology could literally revive that genre of games and send it into the stratosphere! Real teams, with people occupying real positions will have to form, to battle other multi player teams from all over the planet. I can already see those bastards from the NFL suing for franchise rights and trademark rights to play in the first VR Super Bowl. Some strange, new and exciting Sports IPs are going to be created in this arena IMO.

Well, I'm not sure exactly how it's going to work.

I supposed, they could have you hovering about 5 feet above your player and 7 yards behind him. You could then follow the action that way, but it might be incredibly disorienting, I'm not sure how it's all going to work.

They can't really do stand up experiences, where you're actually running around and diving in your own room and stuff. At least not yet.
post #282 of 297 Old 05-31-2015, 06:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Samsung VR for Galaxy s6

I picked one of these up on a whim as I wanted to give VR a spin.

Holy crap! It was the type of tech experience that blew me and my daughter away. It didn't feel like a novelty at all. It felt like the future.

I thought to myself, "I wonder if my daughter will think back to last night in 10 years and remember the first time she used VR" as I get the feeling that it may become a pretty big part of every ones life.

I can only imagine what it will be like in 5 years.

Speakers: Martin Logan Montis, Stage X, Dual Depth I Subs, Vanquish in ceiling (surrounds) | Processor: Marantz AV7702 | Amp: Three Moon Simaudio 400m monoblocks,One Moon Simaudio 330a | Sources: DirecTV HR34, HTPC, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-103, PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Wii U | Television: LG 65EG9600 | Remote: Logitech Harmony Ultimate
post #283 of 297 Old 05-31-2015, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post
Well, I'm not sure exactly how it's going to work.

I supposed, they could have you hovering about 5 feet above your player and 7 yards behind him. You could then follow the action that way, but it might be incredibly disorienting, I'm not sure how it's all going to work.

They can't really do stand up experiences, where you're actually running around and diving in your own room and stuff. At least not yet.
I can sort of imagine how it will work. I was actually alluding to the kind of sophisticated simulations already being done by the US Air Force/Military with this tech. And how the NFL is already experimenting with it for training & real time game simulation purposes. So too is Nascar and the IRL (Indy Racing League). IMO, eventually all of this will merge into new kind of commercial arcade type ventures of every sport type. Where a person and/or his team bring their own VR headset to connect to a small "Job" chamber to compete. Think Lawnmower Man. I can also envision this kind of funhouse getting miniaturized into home settings via specialized new equipment & home game/fitness/entertainment rooms. Maybe even completely supplanting, or blowing by dedicated HT rooms in the future.

Developers will make quantum jumps in structuring VR game mechanics as this technology improves. And people will learn to control their position or "Avatar" in those worlds from a 1st person or 3rd person perspective. Based on how they want to play within real world environments. Even full movement simulations from a sitting down position will be and is achievable. Just by the Hardware interpreting small minute movements of body parts. And translating them into full motion within the game. It's already being done on an experimental basis, with Oculus Rift, with people who are physically handicapped. The learning curve on VR tech is going to be steep as Everest from all sides of the usage spectrum. And the results could be explosive. Especially in the VR world of sports IMO. Heck...I could see VR sports seriously challenging real sports in the future...for the hearts and minds of youth. Especially if they can get all of the socialization & physical health benefits, without the debilitating injuries of real sports.

Whether it's 5 years...or 10-20...VR and AR has the potential to change everything IMO. One will take the youth of the future to the VR universe akin to Caprica & Battlestar Galactica (J. Olmos version). The other will give us the Star Trek Holodeck. Or some merged hybid of both will arise that gives them "Tron".
post #284 of 297 Old 05-31-2015, 04:34 PM
AVS Special Member

I was thinking of this idea for a NBA simulator where you get to actually play with Michael Jordan and other great players. Here is how it would work....

Basically they would have 9 players / actors that would all be inside the game. These would be college level players that could basically try to impersonate Michael Jordan and the various players. Then you're there, with your headset on, actually playing basketball, as one guy among 10 guys playing, on a real physical court, with a real ball, and everything would be calculated into the virtual world seamlessly. If Michael Jordan passed you the ball, it would look, feel and sound like Michael Jordan is passing you the ball. The guy that would be playing Michael Jordan in the simulation would be a similar size / build as Michael Jordan, but might not look anything like him in real life, but in the VR world he looks exactly like Michael Jordan, and you believe the experience, that you really are playing with Michael Jordan in his prime.

Because you're running around on a real court, actually playing real basketball, everything would seem completely legit. Obviously this is like 20 years away, when VR headsets might be the size of normal sunglasses, so it's like you're just wearing some sunglasses while playing basketball. The tracking would have to be flawless, and virtually instantaneous. Everything would have to be tracked perfectly, otherwise you'll get people running into each other, into the basket support, etc, etc.

It might look absolutely stupid to see 10 goofballs playing basketball with glasses on their heads, but for the one guy that is playing for the experience to feel like he's really playing with Michael Jordan, it would seem incredible.

I can easily see this happening.
post #285 of 297 Old 06-02-2015, 12:06 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Has anyone else built their own VR HMD? Started with Cardboard and wanted something better so I bought bigger and better lenses ... still experimenting, but the experience has made me a believer. Alien Isolation is really something in VR ...
post #286 of 297 Old 06-11-2015, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Hmm, so apparently the very first version of the Oculus Rift will be packaged with a Xbox One controller ?

The Oculus Touch controllers won't be ready in time for launch ?

If that's the case, this seems like a HUGE F up on the part of Oculus, especially when you're going up against Valve and HTC. I'm sure we will hear more at e3, so maybe the touch controllers will be ready for launch, and there will be a bundle that includes them. If not, I think they are making a horrible mistake.
post #287 of 297 Old 06-11-2015, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/...with-microsoft
Wow! This is a partnership that can take many interesting shapes in the future. I love the aggressive approach that MS is now taking with VR. If they had taken this approach 2 years ago wit the XB1 launch I would have been a day 1 early adopter of their console. Better late than never though. And they must be really afraid of Valve & Sony becoming uncatchable with HTC Vive, PS4 and Morpheus. But this, along with all of the great stuff they're doing with Windows 10 convergence means I'll be finally buying a Xbox One within the next 12 months. But I have to upgrade a few things on my PC first in 2015 (XFX AMD 295x2 GPU)...1TB SSD HDD...Better Memory. And of course, a day one version of Oculus Rift. I have to admit that a GearVR could also preempt an XB1 on my priority list.

Either way...I still think this is great news for MS and Oculus.
post #288 of 297 Old 06-11-2015, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm not sure what's in it for Microsoft...

Does Microsoft believe in their HoloLens ? If so, why promote some other project ?

Some say that Microsoft has to have a "play" in traditional VR. I understand that, but why partner up with Oculus ? It's not like Microsoft is going to buy Facebook or something. So, if Oculus (Facebook) "owns" the VR storefront, what does Microsoft get out of the deal ? I thought the whole idea was to "own" the storefront.

With HoloLens, Microsoft owns the entire eco-system. They will make 100 percent of the money. I don't understand what they get out of this Oculus deal...
post #289 of 297 Unread 06-11-2015, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I'm not sure what's in it for Microsoft...

Does Microsoft believe in their HoloLens ? If so, why promote some other project ?

Some say that Microsoft has to have a "play" in traditional VR. I understand that, but why partner up with Oculus ? It's not like Microsoft is going to buy Facebook or something. So, if Oculus (Facebook) "owns" the VR storefront, what does Microsoft get out of the deal ? I thought the whole idea was to "own" the storefront.

With HoloLens, Microsoft owns the entire eco-system. They will make 100 percent of the money. I don't understand what they get out of this Oculus deal...

They get to blunt SteamOS/HTC Vive from disrupting their Windows 10 convergence and maybe even walking away with their "Cheese". And they get to disrupt Sony/PS4 from walking away with the buzz in console gaming. While anchoring their OS and platform with the winner they chose. Better to be a major part of a giant VR buzz with that partnership...with tangible contribution. Than watching VR take off from the sidelines with Mobile and PC with no clear link to the phenomenon. They obviously don't see Hololens as a major threat to the looming VR juggernaut in gaming.
post #290 of 297 Unread 06-11-2015, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member

I kinda understand them wanting to make things difficult for Valve (Steam), but I'm not sure that this move will accomplish that. First off, supposedly, the HTC Vive is coming this November. Oculus isn't coming out till probably March 2016, so Vive already will have a 5 month head start.

Also, valve has their two controllers packed into the box from day 1. Oculus is going to be packing in a Xbox One controller for the first few months, and then sell their handheld controllers separately ? Why would I wait around for Oculus when I can have Vive in November? You have to wait another 5 months for Oculus, then you get a controller that you probably don't want (and a rift $50 more expensive than it needs to be..), and then you have to wait additional months for the privilege to buy two more controllers to make the system complete ?

I think Oculus dropped the ball in a MAJOR way if this is actually what they are going to do. If they needed to delay the rift till later in 2016 to have the proper controllers packed in, then that is what they should have done.
post #291 of 297 Unread 06-11-2015, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 210 Post(s)
Liked: 244
What a complete coup for Microsoft. No advantage for Oculus, and little advantage for consumers, but it's huge for Microsoft.

Every single article about the Oculus is now also about Microsoft and Windows. They get to brag about their support for VR from the start, while taking time to perfect HoloLens as their own solution. On top of that, the wireless controller adapter that's being included? Only works on Windows 10. So it adds another huge incentive for a group of power users to upgrade.

I don't see how it makes sense at all for Oculus. The kinds of people who will be buying this thing immediately at launch already have powerful gaming PCs anyway. What are the odds that any of them don't already have an Xbox controller of some kind, considering it's been pretty much the standard for years now. Clearly their own "Touch" controller isn't ready yet, but come on now. Now consumers are also being forced to buy a controller and wireless adapter for it that they probably don't need.

After the Vive surprise reveal, Oculus needed to nail every part of the presentation, and this was a failure. The Vive will come out earlier, have its motion control available at launch, and comes from a company that isn't building out an ecosystem from scratch. What does Oculus really have going for themselves anymore?

XBL/Steam: JHoff80

Last edited by jhoff80; 06-11-2015 at 04:02 PM.
post #292 of 297 Unread 06-11-2015, 03:59 PM
AVS Special Member

I didn't think about the controller requiring Windows 10 and all of that. That's obviously what was in it for MS. Maybe Oculus got the controller included for basically free, for them requiring Windows 10 ?

Just another little nudge to make sure people get on Windows 10 sooner rather than later..
post #293 of 297 Unread 06-11-2015, 05:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
I didn't think about the controller requiring Windows 10 and all of that. That's obviously what was in it for MS. Maybe Oculus got the controller included for basically free, for them requiring Windows 10 ?

Just another little nudge to make sure people get on Windows 10 sooner rather than later..
Ya I'm sure it was some sort of sweetheart deal. Microsoft gets their name and brand associated with it and gets their controller into a lot of new hands, and oculus gets a cheap high quality controller to bundle and they can finally release the damn thing already. All the early VR games were made to use with a gamepad, which more often than not was an xbox 360 controller...so a lot about this makes sense.

Also one of the worst things about the rift was how it was recognized as just another monitor and that caused all sorts of crazy issues. If this can get some sort of baked in VR headset support into windows 10 that'll be a huge step in the right direction.

Ultimately seems like a win-win for both sides. VR is absolutely unusable with kb/mouse so if you don't already have a gamepad at least now you've got a decent one. Worst case you can just resell the controller. I also wonder if they're going to try and utilize that IR blaster on the front of the controller in some way, the oculus does come with an IR camera...but either way, you're going to get windows 10 and you're going to like it. Or maybe you won't...doesn't matter, you're still getting it. VR is only for serious gamers, and no serious gamer is going to go without DX12 anyway, so I doubt this makes any difference for win 10 adoption in the end.

Last edited by bd2003; 06-11-2015 at 05:20 PM.
post #294 of 297 Unread 06-11-2015, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I wouldn't be surprised if Kinect 2.0 integration with Oculus Rift/Windows 10 PC/Surface/Windows Phone/GearVR/Xbox isn't part of this "Partnership" too. Especially since Hololens is much farther downstream in development...very expensive...and has more question marks attached to it than VR for gaming purposes. I agree with BD2003. This is a win-win slam dunk for both sides IMO. We need to also remember that Oculus owns the company that designed and developed the Xbox controllers. And was also involved with Kinect (I think I read that somewhere last year). Wouldn't it be interesting if this was just the first step in an ultimate MS takeover of FaceBook in the near future. And integration of all of it into the core Windows 10/Skype/IE replacement/all others convergence of technologies including VR & AR, into dominant spheres within the Windows Ecosystem. Many would be saying...I never saw that one coming!
post #295 of 297 Unread 06-11-2015, 06:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Oculus Rift Virtual Reality Gaming

Microsoft is a really different company now. Nadella changed everything. Ballmer was about trying to be Apple, crafting an exclusive ecosystem of their own design. Nadella stated goal is microsoft logos everywhere. Office used to be exclusive to windows phone, now they're getting Samsung to bundle office with android phones. It's a total 180, doing stuff that would have been unheard of two years ago. It's why my opinion of them has also done a 180, I used to be a huge critic, now I'm a huge fan. Whatever it is, MS wants to get in on it, instead of trying to control everything. They're more than happy to let oculus be the de facto VR headset for Xbox as long as it expands their sphere of influence and visibility.

Last edited by bd2003; 06-11-2015 at 06:11 PM.
post #296 of 297 Unread Yesterday, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techno...m?ocid=U218DHP

I posted this over in the sister VR thread in the Display area (OLED & NEW TECH). I'm sure it will spark a flame war there. And the flame war is really needed there...where many are so wedded to obsolete jargon and technology language that do not resonate with the marketplace. Over here in HTPC gaming...we are literally sitting at the "Tip of the spear" of this unbelievably exciting paradigm shift. We are watching and cheering loudly as the entire industry is beginning to reshape itself to the inevitability of VR/AR. A juggernaut like Microsoft has forced its entire business model and platform of technology to capture the relevance of it. As BD2003 & a few others have so expertly explained To us on so many occasions. We in this HT Gaming area see the convergence of it all happening in real time. We embrace it's enormous possibilities. And wait with baited breadth for the 1st wave of products and games to launch. Even though I'm not waiting for the full VR games Library to build. They'll be icing on the cake for me. I'll enjoy replaying all of my old classics in VR just to experience a new kind of immersion with them (good-bad-ugly).

It looks like GearVR is going to be the slam dunk mobile streaming platform. That in combination with something like NVidia Shield...& something similar with XB1 Controller/Win10/Xbox/Oculus Rift will be the "Cat's Meow"! Lot's of new toys to buy in 2016. Following is the post from the OLED Display-New Tech Area:

"VR is not going to be a niche market like 3D. It's going to be gigantic! And a lot of people predicting negative things for it are going to have to eat very humble crow by 2020...as it begins to reach full stride. IMO it will be 100 times bigger than Home Theater Giant screen viewing. Especially with its convergence with Mobile. Which will give young people a giant screen sense of a solitary space they can carve out at home. And stream whatever they want via Windows 10...Xbox...Tablet...Phone...or something else. It is that aspect of Oculus Rift..HTC Vive...GearVR...Morpheus and a lot of other Johnny come latelys which a lot of people are underestimating IMO. These devices ARE NOT 3D Glasses. No equivalency whatsoever. Instead they bring better than 3D worlds to complete immersive life through whatever VR device one is using. VR will actually make passive 3D happen quicker in the 2D HT world IMO. As many people will yearn for a better and similar immersive experience with their big flat panels and projectors. Again...enter Microsoft with it's looming Hololens technology. I bet Hololens AR actually becomes the pseudo VR solution for HT and Living Rooms all over. Everything in display tech, computer tech and etc are rapidly converging around the enormous potential of a future dominant VR/AR marketplace. Those who refuse to see this happening are being just as obtuse as the VHS crowd who eschewed Digital Media. OLED...FALD...Crystal LED...HDR...Color Gamut...Ultra HD...8K x4k...and all of the other buzzwords we routinely use mean NOTHING in the Broader marketplace. VR & AR will compile the benefits of them all in two simple letters for the marketplace to accept or reject. MY bet is universal acceptance by 2020!"

BTW:
I certainly don't see Apple, & Nintendo just sitting this out and observing from the sidelines. IMO...don't be surprised...between 2015-2017...to see a strategic Partnership align between Apple, Sony and Nintendo to create a new VR alliance. I could even envision Valve joining up with that one to have it both ways. Meaning Steam HTC Vive on Windows 10 as normal. And SteamOS availability via HTC Vive though the alliance. With reciprocal Nintendo & PS access to PC users via Steam Steam Box platforms.

Last edited by barrelbelly; Yesterday at 11:04 AM. Reason: Added new paragraph at end
post #297 of 297 Unread Today, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I had a terrific PM chat with an AVS member yesterday about VR and Windows convergence. And it got me thinking about fully utilizing PC's, mobile, Laptops and tablets for everyday purposes beyond gaming. I hadn't really given much thought to computing in a VR world. But the possibilities are intriguing. For sure Microsoft is likely thinking of a myriad of different interfaces, desktop designs and activities to deploy in a VR computing world. For example: Our Avatars could become multi environmental guides through the entire Windows/Oculus/Xbox ecosystem. From launching apps to chilling out with friends in a Skype salon...listening to music at a VR Virgin type store...Shopping together for a new car at a VR Auto dealer...getting caught up with one another...popping a few beers together...swapping pictures...playing a few quick low intensity games together like "Battle Chess or "Checkers"...Sharing gaming tips with actual simulations. The list can go on and on, with a completely different inventory of unique experiences. VR is really going to transform social media in ways none of us ever imagined. Our Desktops will be transformed in such a way that I will be surprised if after 10 years anyone is using an actual desktop monitor anymore...except very old people like me.

Microsoft's bold jump into the forefront of this lineup of new VR potential may stand as one of the most critical points in its path to the future. They could have just sat on the sidelines longer and waited for the Berries to become Pies. But they brilliantly linked with the 2 top dogs in this renaissance (Oculus Rift & FaceBook) to help shape this future. I'm Sure Apple & other will jump feet first into this fire now with mergers/acquisitions/partnerships that will blow our minds. But when you think of all of the things we do now in 2D computing. And how all of that can possibly be transformed over the next 10 years. The implications & possibilities become truly staggering.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HTPC Gaming

Tags
Oculus Rift Developers Kit

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page