Oculus Rift Virtual Reality Gaming - Page 11 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 15Likes

post #301 of 307 Old 09-17-2015, 06:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Liked: 312
1, that's a bad link. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s_Rift_support

2, they released a new runtime which is not compatible with older stuff. Half of those games/demos won't work any more. On the plus side, they got rid of extended mode which means that future stuff will be far more plug-and-play.

This is a more current list:
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comm...rking_with_07/
barrelbelly likes this.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80

Last edited by jhoff80; 09-17-2015 at 06:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 307 Old 09-20-2015, 01:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Well I got my DK2 coming I'll be sure to sell it with my 2 GTX 970s in early to mid December in preparation for Nvidia pascal and the consumer version, but damn I just wanted to tinker around with it.

Normally I wouldn't update my graphic cards so quickly but since I've heard they're going from 5 billion transistors to 17 billion transistors and 32 GB of high bandwith memory I'm hoping it's a huge performance increase that'll last a while.

Since I found Vorpx and now realize a lot of games I just bought are now compatible with the Oculus and now that Nvidia and AMD just released direct driver mode I knew it was time to buy one and have some fun ha ha.

Plus I'm hoping that Star Wars in blu ray will be a supper immersive experience as I've bought it a while ago I just wanted to wait to watch it until I had a memorable special way of doing it like in a home theater or something.

I'm hoping it looks good in virtual desktop or something like that I just bought WinDVD.

I almost bought the Sony HMD but I didn't want to shell out $800.

They say 30 million virtual reality units will be sold in 2020.

I can't wait until they're 4K or higher and Cyberlink or WinDVD has official support for the Oculus Rift which I'm sure they will do some time in the near future as they'll likely sell a lot of licenses that way I thought I heard they were going to sell 5 million consumer oculus rifts and I'm sure as heck I won't be the only one wanting to watch Blu Ray and 3D Blu ray on it especially since the 3D will be pure stereoscopic! :-)
barrelbelly likes this.

Last edited by avrguy; 09-20-2015 at 01:45 AM.
post #303 of 307 Old 10-11-2015, 05:27 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 528 Post(s)
Liked: 393
I got the samsung gear vr for $100 last week, to go with my note 4. It's a decent intro into the world of VR. It's definitely not something I will be spending tons of time with. The resolution isn't high enough to keep me interested.

I thought I could watch hulu or netflix while I'm on the road, but the low res doesn't cut it.

I'll have to test out a game or two when I get a chance, not sure how I can play it though, because I don't have a controller.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #304 of 307 Old 11-07-2015, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 377
The links below represent the promise of Virtual Reality. And it represents the looming horror it can become if taken down a much darker path IMO. The Comcast article gave me a serious pause. To the point where I have some major concerns. VR could put the Comcast/Viacom kind of technology/manipulation (as detailed in the article) on an intimidation scale, where it could represent a clear and present threat with many users. That could evolve into things much more sinister. I think parents with young kids would be wise to steer clear of this technology until they are very comfortable with its direction. Because it has potential to hypnotize and directly program human behavior at a very intimate contact level. This definitely gave me a big picture reflex. where it became pretty obvious that VR may be about much more than games and movies on the dark side. Left me with a big...hmmmmm!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techno...4mCY?li=AA4Zoy

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techno...PMmU?li=AA4Zoy
post #305 of 307 Old 11-07-2015, 10:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Liked: 312
For something far more fun-looking than those articles ():

Vive-only at launch, but I'd guess that it'll eventually be on Oculus Touch as well.
barrelbelly likes this.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #306 of 307 Old 11-07-2015, 10:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 521 Post(s)
Liked: 295
I really love the fact that you can really be moving around while playing Vive games. I'm not sure exactly how all the wires are going to work, but the idea of moving around a lot while playing intrigues me.

Primarily because I need more exercise and activity anyways, so if I can kinda get that while gaming, I figure it's just a bonus.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HTPC Gaming

Tags
Oculus Rift Developers Kit

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page