Oculus Rift Virtual Reality Gaming - Page 11 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #301 of 303 Old 09-17-2015, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 292

This Wiki-list does not include all games that can be played on Oculus Rift. but it is a comprehensive representation. You can pretty much play any PC based game with it. Many will just seem strange (especially FPS) in a lot of ways because they were not designed for VR. Moody exploration games like MYST...Riven...etc, may fare better early because they are environmentally driven. I suspect, once VR hit its full marketing stride in late 2016, we'll see a flood of re-releases of classics like Mass Effect Trilogy ("VR Version") begin to storm in on Steam and elsewhere. The easy & quick money available for such low hanging fruit will be too irresistible for companies to ignore. Much easier to recode a finished product that's already 90% of the way there...than launching a totally new IP. In fact I predict we will essentially get a full VR re-launch of every popular title from the past 10 years (all platforms) to support Oculus Rift...Sony's PS4-VR (Morpheus)...HTC Vive...GearVR...and even an exclusive, mobile Nintendo version of GVR that can be linked to WiiU and their DS devices.

Basically, I predict this PC based library will explode open once the VR hardware hits the marketplace. It will be the race of the greedy, that could propel gaming to the stratosphere...as everyone rushes to cash in early on the new trend...via their cheapest pathway. The UK article (1st below) lays out great detail around the planned Q1-2016release of Oculus Rift. I find the Microsoft sections of the article the most compelling. Especially exciting is the Windows 10/Xbox part. As I will use Oculus Rift and VR as my HT experience in the future. Since I’ve downsized to “Apartment/Condo living, it fits my requirements. Microsoft appears to be “all in” with Oculus now on VR. While the tech crunch article illustrates the tidal wave of momentum that is building up around VR. The Gaming World is headed for exciting times in 2016 IMO!

Sponsored Links
post #302 of 303 Old 09-17-2015, 06:44 PM
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 260
1, that's a bad link. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s_Rift_support

2, they released a new runtime which is not compatible with older stuff. Half of those games/demos won't work any more. On the plus side, they got rid of extended mode which means that future stuff will be far more plug-and-play.

This is a more current list:
barrelbelly likes this.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80

Last edited by jhoff80; 09-17-2015 at 06:48 PM.
post #303 of 303 Old Today, 01:35 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Well I got my DK2 coming I'll be sure to sell it with my 2 GTX 970s in early to mid December in preparation for Nvidia pascal and the consumer version, but damn I just wanted to tinker around with it.

Normally I wouldn't update my graphic cards so quickly but since I've heard they're going from 5 billion transistors to 17 billion transistors and 32 GB of high bandwith memory I'm hoping it's a huge performance increase that'll last a while.

Since I found Vorpx and now realize a lot of games I just bought are now compatible with the Oculus and now that Nvidia and AMD just released direct driver mode I knew it was time to buy one and have some fun ha ha.

Plus I'm hoping that Star Wars in blu ray will be a supper immersive experience as I've bought it a while ago I just wanted to wait to watch it until I had a memorable special way of doing it like in a home theater or something.

I'm hoping it looks good in virtual desktop or something like that I just bought WinDVD.

I almost bought the Sony HMD but I didn't want to shell out $800.

They say 30 million virtual reality units will be sold in 2020.

I can't wait until they're 4K or higher and Cyberlink or WinDVD has official support for the Oculus Rift which I'm sure they will do some time in the near future as they'll likely sell a lot of licenses that way I thought I heard they were going to sell 5 million consumer oculus rifts and I'm sure as heck I won't be the only one wanting to watch Blu Ray and 3D Blu ray on it especially since the 3D will be pure stereoscopic! :-)

Last edited by avrguy; Today at 01:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Reply HTPC Gaming

Oculus Rift Developers Kit