Radeon HD 7750 Gray Screen of Death - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-09-2012, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 62
I have the HIS iCooler Radeon HD 7750 1GB and am experiencing the 'Gray Screen of Death'. I thought it was a defective card so I RMA'd it with Newegg for a new one. In less that 12 hours of operation, it occurred on the new one as well. Nothing in my system is overclocked, and temps are normal. I wasn't doing anything intensive at the time, just playing music in Windows Media Center. It has to be an issue with the driver or the HiS 7750 line itself I'm thinking. This is my first experience with AMD since back when I had a 9250. I'm on the 12.10 drivers now, about to try the 12.11 beta drivers. Other than that, anything else I can do? What have others who have experienced this before done?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-09-2012, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Wild guess: perhaps the power source? Do you have a second one to swap in and check? But, yeah, could be anything, including a second bad card.

PSN & XBL ID: drop me a private message
post #3 of 3 Old 12-09-2012, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Hmm, yeah it wouldn't surprise me if it is the PSU. It has enough power to supply, but it's some no name brand that came with the case (TFX form factor; that's why I stuck with it). I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't supplying clean power to the card. I have an ATX I can use to see if that's it. If so I'll prob just buy a new case to accommodate the ATX PSU. I'll report back after a while.
Reply HTPC Gaming