PC GAMES thread - whatcha playin'? [NO SPOILERS UNLESS TAGGED] - Page 28 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #811 of 834 Old 05-26-2014, 07:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 1426
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

Put ten hours into Van Helsing and it's pretty good. Once you get the systems figured out you can soak up the world which is quite funny in places.

Plays surprisingly well with a controller too. Isn't the sequel coming out any day now?

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 834 Old 05-27-2014, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Plays surprisingly well with a controller too. Isn't the sequel coming out any day now?

Yes, that actually prompted me to pick it back up.
post #813 of 834 Old 05-27-2014, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 115
I am currently playing Borderlands 2, TF2, and HL2 the most.

I also get in some Civ5 here and there.

I need to play some L4D2 but I dont really have any friends that play it.

Trying to enjoy the simple things in life.

Steam: madbrayniak

post #814 of 834 Old 06-14-2014, 07:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 154
I finally finished Fallout 3.

Ending was a bit anti-climatic. Still, what an amazing experience overall. I got lost in the world of Fallout 3, unlike any other world I've been lost into. It was the closest thing to being inside a movie and being the star of the movie. Obviously, the graphics are kinda weak, animations not that good, they use the same voice actors over and over, etc, etc, etc, but still this game put me inside the experience like no other game. Just being out there on the Wasteland. Repairing my equipment, bartering with traders, completing side quests, etc, etc.

I probably spent like 200 total hours playing Fallout 3, possibly more. I played almost halfway through the game on the Xbox 360, then started over from scratch on the PC when I built my gaming rig. Slowly but surely working my way through the game.

What a great ride... I still have all the expansions and New Vegas to mess around with still, lol.
post #815 of 834 Old 06-14-2014, 11:20 PM
AVS Special Member

post #816 of 834 Old 06-15-2014, 11:21 AM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 186
I'm doing Far Cry 3 now. Still tedious as ever trying to get all the things cleared. Radio tower, bad guy posts.

I feel Blood Dragon was a much better representation of this game system, to me. I enjoyed clearing out the posts, all the throwback references.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #817 of 834 Old 06-15-2014, 04:19 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post
I'm doing Far Cry 3 now. Still tedious as ever trying to get all the things cleared. Radio tower, bad guy posts.

I started out doing every side quest and after 30 hours or so of playing I realized I'd never get to the end doing all the side quests, and just started skipping most them.
Good game though
post #818 of 834 Old 07-06-2014, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 234
I had one of those OMG moments the past couple of days. Call it the post Steam sale syndrome. But I finished downloading all 24 of the games I bought. And decided to load one I was very familiar with. Since I am still slogging through it on Xbox 360. It's Kingdom of Amalur. And I bought the full package edition with all of the DLC and weapons packs. It's the one game I bought, that I had zero intention of playing anytime soon. Because I am about 70% though the initial campaign on Xbox 360. On the 360 it is one of those kind of games that I like because of the graphics. But it just can't hold my interest for some reason. The 2 duplicates I bought in the Steam sale...with the play later objective were KOA and the complete Deus Ex package. Even including the first game.

Well the OOPS!...and OMG! factor hit me right away with KOA PC version. This game is beautiful on Xbox 360. IT IS SPECTACULAR ON MY NEW PC! Gameplay with my wired Xbox 360 controller is flawless and much quicker. The quests and campaigns flow perfectly. Even the 2 DLC campaigns (Kel & Naros) are integrated perfectly into the story. For some reason, I don't find the dialogue on PC as tedious as with the Xbox. But that may have more to do with my familiarity with the story. I'm playing the game completely differently on PC. Meaning relying more on Magic/sorcery/stealth first and brawling second. Compared to the reverse on Xbox 360. And it is flat out awesome going that route on PC. I'm using the DLC Valley armor and weapons package. And selling everything I win/find for cash. Versus hoarding everything on the XB360. And that's a much better way to play. It allows me to level up faster. I'll only keep the most powerful weapon and armor packages I encounter later in the game on PC. After I have secured the dwelling in "Canneroc". Otherwise...I just left the unused DLC armor & weapons like the "Shepard package from ME" in the chest in Gorhart. But here's one of the neatest tricks I can do. I can use my Xbox 360 alchemist recipes to make formulas in the PC game from reagents before actually discovering how. And it levels up the experience.

Bottom line is I can't put this game down now. The details on PC are just breathtaking! From the weapon shimmering like "the Forge sword", to environmental things I don't even notice on Xbox 360. This game is just stunning and fun on PC. I have to give a shout out to BD2003. He was correct with his comment to me on the Steam thread. "I don't want to turn the Xbox on anymore". Especially to play KOA. I will certainly finish the fight I started on KOA with the XB360. But just to balance what I'm doing on PC. And having a lot more fun doing it. What's really weird is I can barely wait to turn the PC on now to fire up this game. While I still sorta dread moving over to Xbox to "Finish the fight".

I really hope a Company like Bioware/Ea pick this marvelous game/franchise/concept up. And continue its intriguing developmental path. As a post apocalyptic ME world in creation...with limitless potential.
DaverJ likes this.

Last edited by barrelbelly; 07-06-2014 at 02:14 PM.
post #819 of 834 Old 07-06-2014, 04:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelbelly View Post
I had one of those OMG moments the past couple of days. Call it the post Steam sale syndrome. But I finished downloading all 24 of the games I bought. And decided to load one I was very familiar with. Since I am still slogging through it on Xbox 360. It's Kingdom of Amalur. And I bought the full package edition with all of the DLC and weapons packs. It's the one game I bought, that I had zero intention of playing anytime soon. Because I am about 70% though the initial campaign on Xbox 360. On the 360 it is one of those kind of games that I like because of the graphics. But it just can't hold my interest for some reason. The 2 duplicates I bought in the Steam sale...with the play later objective were KOA and the complete Deus Ex package. Even including the first game.

Well the OOPS!...and OMG! factor hit me right away with KOA PC version. This game is beautiful on Xbox 360. IT IS SPECTACULAR ON MY NEW PC! Gameplay with my wired Xbox 360 controller is flawless and much quicker. The quests and campaigns flow perfectly. Even the 2 DLC campaigns (Kel & Naros) are integrated perfectly into the story. For some reason, I don't find the dialogue on PC as tedious as with the Xbox. But that may have more to do with my familiarity with the story. I'm playing the game completely differently on PC. Meaning relying more on Magic/sorcery/stealth first and brawling second. Compared to the reverse on Xbox 360. And it is flat out awesome going that route on PC. I'm using the DLC Valley armor and weapons package. And selling everything I win/find for cash. Versus hoarding everything on the XB360. And that's a much better way to play. It allows me to level up faster. I'll only keep the most powerful weapon and armor packages I encounter later in the game on PC. After I have secured the dwelling in "Canneroc". Otherwise...I just left the unused DLC armor & weapons like the "Shepard package from ME" in the chest in Gorhart. But here's one of the neatest tricks I can do. I can use my Xbox 360 alchemist recipes to make formulas in the PC game from reagents before actually discovering how. And it levels up the experience.

Bottom line is I can't put this game down now. The details on PC are just breathtaking! From the weapon shimmering like "the Forge sword", to environmental things I don't even notice on Xbox 360. This game is just stunning and fun on PC. I have to give a shout out to BD2003. He was correct with his comment to me on the Steam thread. "I don't want to turn the Xbox on anymore". Especially to play KOA. I will certainly finish the fight I started on KOA with the XB360. But just to balance what I'm doing on PC. And having a lot more fun doing it. What's really weird is I can barely wait to turn the PC on now to fire up this game. While I still sorta dread moving over to Xbox to "Finish the fight".

I really hope a Company like Bioware/Ea pick this marvelous game/franchise/concept up. And continue its intriguing developmental path. As a post apocalyptic ME world in creation...with limitless potential.
Check out some of the mods.
post #820 of 834 Old 07-08-2014, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
Check out some of the mods.

What are the ones you recommend? And where can I find the safe ones. I'm really all in to this game on PC. Absolutely love it! I was planning to dive into Far Cry 3 or Xcom. But KOA finally has me hooked. Really weird...because I can't really put my finger on why. Other than the game just looks and plays so much better on PC.
post #821 of 834 Old 07-08-2014, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelbelly View Post
What are the ones you recommend? And where can I find the safe ones. I'm really all in to this game on PC. Absolutely love it! I was planning to dive into Far Cry 3 or Xcom. But KOA finally has me hooked. Really weird...because I can't really put my finger on why. Other than the game just looks and plays so much better on PC.
http://amalur.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:I...ual_experience

I used these.
post #822 of 834 Old 08-05-2014, 02:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Still playing KOA on the PC. And just started Darksiders 2 on Xbox 360. I'm having a blast jumping back and forth between these two. A great change of pace. But similar game structure. Darksiders 2 looks terrific on the Xbox 360. I almost sprung for the PC version on the Steam sale. And I still may do it in the winter sale if it hits $9.99 again with all of the DLC. But I have to confess...the core game looks and plays darn good on the Xbox 360. Which actually brings me to a question that gets harder and harder for me to answer. Why do I need or even want to buy a new Xbox One or PS4? The very high quality of Darksiders 2 made me fess up on that one. And PC gaming is just flat out a superior experience in every way to me.
DaverJ likes this.
post #823 of 834 Old 08-05-2014, 05:13 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Just finished Guacamelee, and my hands hurt. Fun game though.
post #824 of 834 Old 09-06-2014, 09:35 AM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Trying to play Dead Rising 3 but it keeps crashing. So, I'm going back to rocksmith for now.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #825 of 834 Old 09-09-2014, 11:33 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Bought into the Elite Dangerous space-sim currently beta. (a hefty $75) But it's brilliant- even in its current unfinished state. This is a game that made me dig out my joystick and throttle again. This may be the game to wean me away from my seven-year Team Fortress 2 addiction.

Last edited by calculon68; 09-09-2014 at 12:09 PM.
post #826 of 834 Old 09-09-2014, 11:37 AM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 689 Post(s)
Liked: 906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post
Trying to play Dead Rising 3 but it keeps crashing. So, I'm going back to rocksmith for now.
Marafice was having a ton of crashes while we were playing.

Did you get your issues resolved?

We were able to fix his crashing with a rollback on the nVidia drivers. Fixed the problem and IIRC had no more crashes from then on out.

I on the other hand had to play the game in fullscreen window mode to be able to play coop.

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

post #827 of 834 Old 09-09-2014, 07:41 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Yeah, the last time I played I had no crashes. I finally rolled back, didn't want to. Now I'm in on Destiny, so DR3 is taking a back seat for now.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #828 of 834 Old 10-15-2014, 08:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Decided to go back to World of Warcraft to see what the new stuff is all about..

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #829 of 834 Old 10-15-2014, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post
Decided to go back to World of Warcraft to see what the new stuff is all about..
I started Archeage waiting on Rift 3.0 its a fun game if you love pvp. Still has its flaws but much more pvp then Rift.
post #830 of 834 Old 10-15-2014, 05:29 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm finishing up thief 4 , which I'm enjoying.
next is divinity original sin , and have legends of grimrock 2
waiting for a download !

a lot of good games out this last half of 2014.....
post #831 of 834 Old 10-17-2014, 01:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Playing Alien: Isolation. Still at the early missions/levels but I'm loving it!
post #832 of 834 Old 10-17-2014, 05:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Now that the Pre-Sequel is out, getting back in the Borderlands groove. Also filling time with Final Fantasy XI again. Started playing again in Aug after taking a 4 year break from it. Since Aug 22nd I've logged 720 hours in it... lol not kidding.
DaverJ likes this.

Marafice Eye <--- All gamertags listed there - Twitch TV Channel YouTube Channel
__________________________________________________ _
Plan9Reloaded Co-host
Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast
https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link
http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website
post #833 of 834 Old 10-17-2014, 06:21 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marafice Eye View Post
Now that the Pre-Sequel is out, getting back in the Borderlands groove.
I'm also playing Borderlands Pre-Sequel, thanks to @Marafice Eye .

Really... thanks Eye!
post #834 of 834 Old Today, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 126
I just returned to pc gaming after a 8 year hiatus. I'm currently playing The Witcher 2. Great game. Still looks awesome. More linear than I expected though. Can't wait for the new one next year.
Reply HTPC Gaming

Tags
Black Mesa , Batman Arkham Origins , Grand Theft Auto V , Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Collectors Edition

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page