PC GAMES thread - whatcha playin'? [NO SPOILERS UNLESS TAGGED] - Page 29 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 11Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #841 of 862 Old 12-21-2014, 01:35 PM
Member
 
all4bespinnin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I mainly play iRacing on PC. Built a racing rig not too long ago. It still needs some finishing touches but feels really good. Will add some buttkickers to it later and move to clutch/shifter setup. Hard to find Thrustmaster stuff right now...

DaverJ likes this.
all4bespinnin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #842 of 862 Old 12-21-2014, 01:39 PM
Member
 
all4bespinnin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I did upgrade to the GTE wheel. It's almost twice the weight of the 458 wheels and the paddle shifters feel better. Less pressure to shift and have more of a click to them.

all4bespinnin is offline  
post #843 of 862 Old 12-21-2014, 01:44 PM
Member
 
all4bespinnin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Cockpit view of the Eyefinity setup

all4bespinnin is offline  
post #844 of 862 Old 01-05-2015, 12:14 AM
Senior Member
 
lurkor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 412
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 24
For those of you who enjoy Xcom style turn based squad combat, you might want to give Valkyria Chronicles a try. It's an old, overlooked PS3 strategy game that has recently been ported to the PC. Unlike many Japanese ports this one is quite good. It may not be for everyone, but I'm having a lot of fun with it.
lurkor is offline  
post #845 of 862 Old 01-09-2015, 03:18 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I still play Hawken everyday it's a great fast paced mech arena shooter game lot's of fun although it's pretty much abandoned by the developer at this point.
somethingname is offline  
post #846 of 862 Old 01-13-2015, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member
 
blastermaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sunny Okanagan
Posts: 1,108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 182
Playing Dragon Age: Inquisition every chance I get (which is minimal). Such a good game!
blastermaster is online now  
post #847 of 862 Old 01-13-2015, 03:08 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I just finished Divinity Original Sin (working person now so not much time for gaming :/ sweet old times...) and it was a great experience... I just felt that Baldur's gate feeling after all that years again (this is something no console can give me).... yes there are some quite annoying things in this game, but still... 50+ hours for one playthrough is quite a journey
jjanosik is online now  
post #848 of 862 Old 01-17-2015, 07:52 PM
Advanced Member
 
Marafice Eye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Southern Sun, by the galley.
Posts: 951
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 237
Yeah.... Um.... it's gonna take me a while to finish all the games I have on Steam

barrelbelly likes this.

Marafice Eye <--- All gamertags listed there - Twitch TV Channel YouTube Channel
__________________________________________________ _
Plan9Reloaded Co-host
Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast
https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link
http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website
Marafice Eye is online now  
post #849 of 862 Old 01-26-2015, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
blastermaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sunny Okanagan
Posts: 1,108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 182
50 hours into DA: Inquisition and I'm not even half way done. I just respecced my character to a knight enchanter and downed two dragons with ease. Such an OP spec but tons of fun. This is by far my favourite rpg in a long time.
blastermaster is online now  
post #850 of 862 Old 01-27-2015, 03:18 PM
Member
 
BusinessFace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by blastermaster View Post
50 hours into DA: Inquisition and I'm not even half way done. I just respecced my character to a knight enchanter and downed two dragons with ease. Such an OP spec but tons of fun. This is by far my favourite rpg in a long time.
Its been a while, can you give me more details of this knight enchanter?
I've played up to where it tells me "this is the last mission" or whatever, but since I lost my DA1 & 2 saves (over 700 hours total), I decided to replay 1-3 using a single char.
I thought my 2-handed warrior was a bit OP, but I LOVED smashing the crud out of everything. I've played mage and stabby rogue a bit, which are also tons of fun.
All in all, it's one of the best games I've ever played. Scenery is distractingly beautiful.


I'm just curious what build that particular character is, if you don't mind telling me.
Thanks!
BusinessFace is offline  
post #851 of 862 Old 01-28-2015, 12:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
blastermaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sunny Okanagan
Posts: 1,108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 182
No problem.

Knight Enchanter Tree: everything up to and including Fade Shield and Veiled Riposte.

Winter: Winter's Grasp, Fade Step, Mana Surge

Spirit: Barrier, Elegant Defense, Guardian Spirit

Fire: Immolate + bonus, Flashpoint, Pyromancer, Clean Burn, Chaotic Focus

My method: Dash in with Fade Step, cast Barrier, spam Spirit Blade (just hold the button down) until Immolate procs, then use it (which is rad, because Sera my rogue has an ability that causes her to crit continuously when her enemy is panicked (Immolate)). Rinse, repeat. The ability to completely heal and bring back to life your allies is ridiculous. I had the Storm Coast dragon down to 1/2 life with my group. They all died. I finished him off on my own. Yes, it's that ridiculous(ly awesome). When the dragon tries to eat your face, use Fade Step and dash around him and spank him in the arse. It works so well. Fade Shield is broken but I don't care. It works so bloody well.

You become a Knight Enchanter by recruiting and talking to Vivienne IIRC.

My other team members are Vivienne (also a Knight enchanter), Cassandra (demon killer tree+ dual wield tree) and Sera (Stealth tree and dual daggers).

Last edited by blastermaster; 01-28-2015 at 12:48 AM.
blastermaster is online now  
post #852 of 862 Old 01-28-2015, 09:45 AM
Member
 
BusinessFace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by blastermaster View Post
No problem.

Knight Enchanter Tree: everything up to and including Fade Shield and Veiled Riposte.

Winter: Winter's Grasp, Fade Step, Mana Surge

Spirit: Barrier, Elegant Defense, Guardian Spirit

Fire: Immolate + bonus, Flashpoint, Pyromancer, Clean Burn, Chaotic Focus

My method: Dash in with Fade Step, cast Barrier, spam Spirit Blade (just hold the button down) until Immolate procs, then use it (which is rad, because Sera my rogue has an ability that causes her to crit continuously when her enemy is panicked (Immolate)). Rinse, repeat. The ability to completely heal and bring back to life your allies is ridiculous. I had the Storm Coast dragon down to 1/2 life with my group. They all died. I finished him off on my own. Yes, it's that ridiculous(ly awesome). When the dragon tries to eat your face, use Fade Step and dash around him and spank him in the arse. It works so well. Fade Shield is broken but I don't care. It works so bloody well.

You become a Knight Enchanter by recruiting and talking to Vivienne IIRC.

My other team members are Vivienne (also a Knight enchanter), Cassandra (demon killer tree+ dual wield tree) and Sera (Stealth tree and dual daggers).
Sweet! I'll try it out when I get back to Inquisition. Thanks a lot for the explanation!
BusinessFace is offline  
post #853 of 862 Old 02-01-2015, 02:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
barrelbelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,831
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 250
I am stuck like a freaking prisoner on Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning...PC version. I have 131 hours in this puppy...with no end in sight. I'm sort of jumping all around areas. Exploring side quests and fighting my way through because it's such a beautiful game. The combat gets a tad redundant. And the characters are downright creepy incestuous. But it's still a ton of fun for me. I'm currently on Legend of Dead Kel expansion. And it is flat out gorgeous!
DaverJ likes this.
barrelbelly is online now  
post #854 of 862 Old 02-02-2015, 08:32 AM
Senior Member
 
Arcadia88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 364
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Completed the tower ending of the Talos Principle. At least 2 other alternate endings that I need to go back and complete. The game is a first person puzzle similar to Portal minus the potal gun. It even has crazy AI characters that you interact with using old school text computer terminals.
I need more games like this to help prevent the Alzheimers that I'm almost certain to get when I'm old.
Arcadia88 is offline  
post #855 of 862 Old 02-03-2015, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
blastermaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sunny Okanagan
Posts: 1,108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 182
Quote:
I am stuck like a freaking prisoner on Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning...PC version. I have 131 hours in this puppy...with no end in sight. I'm sort of jumping all around areas. Exploring side quests and fighting my way through because it's such a beautiful game. The combat gets a tad redundant. And the characters are downright creepy incestuous. But it's still a ton of fun for me. I'm currently on Legend of Dead Kel expansion. And it is flat out gorgeous!
Haha. I gave up on that game - there were just a mind boggling amount of side quests I just got bogged down.

I agree that it's a gorgeous game, but if you saw Dragon Age: Inquisition you'd be even more amazed. I'm 100 hours in and still not finished. The game is, without question, the best single player role playing game I've ever played bar none. Doing all the inner circle side quests for all your sidekicks is amazing and the relationships between them all is very well done. I can't say enough awesome things about the game.
barrelbelly likes this.
blastermaster is online now  
post #856 of 862 Old 02-03-2015, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
barrelbelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,831
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by blastermaster View Post
Haha. I gave up on that game - there were just a mind boggling amount of side quests I just got bogged down.

I agree that it's a gorgeous game, but if you saw Dragon Age: Inquisition you'd be even more amazed. I'm 100 hours in and still not finished. The game is, without question, the best single player role playing game I've ever played bar none. Doing all the inner circle side quests for all your sidekicks is amazing and the relationships between them all is very well done. I can't say enough awesome things about the game.
Oh No! There you go...went and did it. I had been eyeballing that game for months. But was afraid to take it on because I wasn't ready to start another marathon. But I don't think I'll be able to resist this one. You gave up on KOA eh? Does anyone know if that game ever really ends? I'm beginning to feel like Sissyphus...pushing that boulder up to the top of the hill only to watch in frustration as it roll down the other side.
barrelbelly is online now  
post #857 of 862 Old 02-06-2015, 08:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
blastermaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sunny Okanagan
Posts: 1,108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 182
Quote:
Oh No! There you go...went and did it. I had been eyeballing that game for months. But was afraid to take it on because I wasn't ready to start another marathon. But I don't think I'll be able to resist this one. You gave up on KOA eh? Does anyone know if that game ever really ends? I'm beginning to feel like Sissyphus...pushing that boulder up to the top of the hill only to watch in frustration as it roll down the other side.
It just won game of the year for 2014. So all my gushing over the game was valid, after all.
barrelbelly likes this.
blastermaster is online now  
post #858 of 862 Old 02-07-2015, 10:28 AM
Member
 
BusinessFace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
DA: Inquisition is my favorite game in a long time.


Been playing a lot of Far Cry 4. There is so much danger and randomness occurring, I can't stop! Honey Badgers, you better watch out!
BusinessFace is offline  
post #859 of 862 Old 02-12-2015, 10:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Favelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Posts: 3,791
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4bespinnin View Post
Cockpit view of the Eyefinity setup

Nice work man! EPIC!

In terms of LFE, size does matter!
Favelle is offline  
post #860 of 862 Old 02-14-2015, 06:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
stevew24963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boca Raton,Fla.
Posts: 2,902
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 413 Post(s)
Liked: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Favelle View Post
Nice work man! EPIC!
That is epic,nice driving set up also.A friend of mine uses an old kart chassis with monitor and pedals attached,awesome set up.
stevew24963 is online now  
post #861 of 862 Old Yesterday, 05:40 PM
Member
 
JoeNc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
this is a great deal on humble bundle


https://www.humblebundle.com/?logo&u...25a8-127008569


The rise of the (Square) Enix! After vanishing into the depths of no-bundle despair, the mighty Square Enix has returned with its second Humble Bundle! Pay $1 or more for Hitman: Absolution, Supreme Commander 2, and Hitman GO. Pay more than the average price, and you also get Thief, Murdered: Soul Suspect, and Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut. Pay $15 or more, and you get all of that plus Tomb Raider and Sleeping Dogs.
JoeNc is offline  
post #862 of 862 Old Today, 11:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
barrelbelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,831
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 250
Speaking of Square Enix...I sure wish they would release Nier for PC. Apparently there were 2-3 versions made of that iconic game. I played the Xbox 360 version. And IMO, it was one of the very best of that generation. Just an all absorbing story...with a gut wrenching & emotional finale. Plus it had two of the best in class treatments of any game I have ever played. 1) was its epic musical score. 2) was its witty Artificial Intelligence (AI), Gremiore Weiss. If you like Cortana in Halo. Weiss breaks the mold. It is totally immersed into the story. And as essential to the plot as yourself. I may be a minority of one. But I would love to play this game again on a higher graphics platform like my PC. VR would be awesome!

Last edited by barrelbelly; Today at 11:09 AM.
barrelbelly is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply HTPC Gaming

Tags
Black Mesa , Batman Arkham Origins , Grand Theft Auto V , Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Collectors Edition



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off