PC GAMES thread - whatcha playin'? [NO SPOILERS UNLESS TAGGED] - Page 30 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 24Likes
post #871 of 899 Old 03-24-2015, 08:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick View Post
Still playing Skyrim.. i have over 1000 hours in it. Love 1st person RPGs and shooters if anyone can suggest another with over 50 hours of game time. Already have Farcry 3.

Not comfortable with 3rd person games after buying a few and getting dizzy every time as the whole world shifting/spinning has a vertigo effect for me.
Killing Floor is a fun 1st person but the rocking motion of the zombies also makes me dizzy. Thanks
Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas, Mass Effect trilogy (you can skip #1 if you dislike dated visuals). Far Cry 4 is a ton of fun, too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #872 of 899 Old 03-24-2015, 06:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 220
Quote:
OMG EA just take my money! I'm downloading it right now in Origin.
post #873 of 899 Old 03-25-2015, 12:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 698 Post(s)
Liked: 1577
The world has officially run out of ideas for video games lol:

World of Subways 4 – New York Line 7
http://store.steampowered.com/app/343070/

I'm so on the fence of actually paying money for this...it looks like an outright terrible game, but OMG it's frightening how perfectly they nailed the graphics. I swear to you this it looks so exactly like the 7 train I can practically smell the dried piss.
barrelbelly likes this.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #874 of 899 Old 03-25-2015, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 267
In the same arena of BD2003's comment on "World of Subways 4". I offer up this potential gem. That I will definitely grab when it is released. It looks like a lot of fun.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/...dventure-games
Now if some game developer would just watch all of the DVDs of the Canadian classic "Tales from a Parallel Universe" & its successor LEXX. There is a potential great cache of new ideas for a fabulous game franchise. It would actually work better as a videogame than it did as a TV series IMO.
post #875 of 899 Old 03-27-2015, 07:47 AM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Ooh thanks for that tidbit I never heard of that parallel universe show, but I consumed Lexx rabidly.
barrelbelly likes this.
post #876 of 899 Old 03-27-2015, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post
Ooh thanks for that tidbit I never heard of that parallel universe show, but I consumed Lexx rabidly.
I hear you! "Zev Bellringer" (Eva Habermann) was awesome in the early episodes before giving way to "Xev" (Xenia Seeburg) & even "Lyekka" in the more popular LEXX series. I have the entire collection. The 4 Tales episodes are must see to get the full flavor of what's happening in that "Parallel Universe". Just absolutely groundbreaking, memorable & unique characters & concepts...from Stanley Tweedle to Gigarotta the Wicked. Kai...to the last of the "Brunen G"...would make epic videogame characters. The evil and Devilish villain, "Prince" was an inspired character in the vein of Al Pacino's Devil's Advocate. Here are some links to the lore for anyone interested in ordering the DVD set: I may carpet troll a few game dev sites to attempt to create interest in making this entire series into a game. The 14+ stories are already there.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zev_Bellringer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexx
http://www.amazon.com/Lexx-Tales-Fro.../dp/6304672713

Back to the thread though...I finished the main quest on Kingdoms of Amalur yesterday. It was surprisingly easy dispatching the final boss (the Dragon Tirnoch). I dusted him off in about 5-10 minutes without using any of my 3 Fate Potions. Even though it did take about 4 Reckoning modes to get her. I lost very little life or mana because of the way I leveled up my armor, weapons and shields. So my Fate Essence filled back up lightning fast, as I slaughtered my "Splinter selves" sent to defeat me by Tirnoch. This may have been because I played the game in "Normal" difficulty. I still have a lot of Side Quests to finish. And will also play the DLC "Teeth of Naros", before moving on. I will definitely revisit this classic on "Hard" difficulty at a later time. And I hope someone polishes, finishes and release the Copernicus Sequel.

Next up?....Saints Row 2-4! Unless they underwhelm me.
DaverJ likes this.

Last edited by barrelbelly; 03-27-2015 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Added links
post #877 of 899 Old 04-03-2015, 12:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Saint's Row 4 is an amazing game. I love how the series began as a GTA clone, but evolved into its antithesis. It found it's fantastically over-the-top niche.
post #878 of 899 Old 04-03-2015, 12:53 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't Panic View Post
Saint's Row 4 is an amazing game. I love how the series began as a GTA clone, but evolved into its antithesis. It found it's fantastically over-the-top niche.
I only played through the intro, which was awesome. Once I was free to roam, it seemed way too much like GTA, and I dislike that franchise.

Reading your post gives me hope for the game! Thanks!
post #879 of 899 Old 04-18-2015, 06:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked: 389
Just finished Arkham Asylum and City. About half way through Arkham Origins now, anticipating the release of Knight.

Humble Origin bundle is last week and next week. I bought it and picked up the two Dragon Age games in it. Haven't started them yet, and will probably wait since I want to finish my Assassin's Creed set first. I've only finished the original AC, and I plan to play 2-4. I liked the first one quite a bit, so hopefully they remain enjoyable. I'm not going to play all of the variations though

I did finally finish Battlefield 3 (bug city) and 4. I don't think I'm going to even bother with hardline. I only play campaigns, and they only seem to cater those games to multi-player with long running campaign bugs never getting fixed. I liked the modern CoD campaigns as well, and I haven't played Advanced Warfare yet, so that maybe next on the FPS campaign list
post #880 of 899 Old 04-19-2015, 05:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Slayer View Post
Just finished Arkham Asylum and City. About half way through Arkham Origins now, anticipating the release of Knight.

Humble Origin bundle is last week and next week. I bought it and picked up the two Dragon Age games in it. Haven't started them yet, and will probably wait since I want to finish my Assassin's Creed set first. I've only finished the original AC, and I plan to play 2-4. I liked the first one quite a bit, so hopefully they remain enjoyable. I'm not going to play all of the variations though

I did finally finish Battlefield 3 (bug city) and 4. I don't think I'm going to even bother with hardline. I only play campaigns, and they only seem to cater those games to multi-player with long running campaign bugs never getting fixed. I liked the modern CoD campaigns as well, and I haven't played Advanced Warfare yet, so that maybe next on the FPS campaign list
Battlefield Hardline actually has a decent story for the campaign. I have been enjoying playing it on my Xbox One. Good job on Arkham Asylum that was a fun one. I never did beat City since I kept getting sidetracked on that game

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #881 of 899 Old 04-19-2015, 05:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked: 389
Actually I didn't beat city all the way, just the main story. I had to ignore some stuff obviously. After origins I'll probably go back to finish more of city, because I enjoyed it so much

I liked the campaign stories of bf3 and bf4, but they just required so many "restart last checkpoint" due to glitches that I felt like I had to have a browser at the ready. "Frag that mg nest so we can advance" except I cleared the nest and fragged it until I'm out of grenades still says the same. Several of those things I could accept if I was playing a crack, but I'm talking about the latest updated versions that I own. Meanwhile multiplayer gets patches out the wahoo

Anyway, end rant. There are other options, and with enough determination you can get through all the glitches anyway
post #882 of 899 Old 04-19-2015, 01:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 244
GTA V of course. As well as still playing Planetside 2, and The Talos Principle. I need to get going on my Pillars of Eternity playthrough though, been putting it off too long.
barrelbelly likes this.

Marafice Eye <--- All gamertags listed there - Twitch TV Channel YouTube Channel
__________________________________________________ _
Plan9Reloaded Co-host
Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast
https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link
http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website
post #883 of 899 Old 04-21-2015, 11:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marafice Eye View Post
GTA V of course. As well as still playing Planetside 2, and The Talos Principle. I need to get going on my Pillars of Eternity playthrough though, been putting it off too long.
Marafice: What's your take on Talos Principle? What game does it play & feel like? The screenshots & trailers are beautiful! I almost bit on the last sale. But decided to dig into my library a bit more instead. But it is at the top of my Wish List if a few opinions I know and trust give it thumbs up. I see you on Planetside 2 all of the time. You're into that one like I am on KOA-Reckoning. Even though I've finished the game and LODK DLC...I'm still hooked on it. And can't quite let it go. I'm currently finishing up side quests on it and starting Teeth of Naros campaign. Once I'm through Naros...that's it for KOA though. I absolutely loved that game. And Bioware should pick up the story...finish Copernicus (sequel that was 75% done). And plug it into the Mass Effect universe where it belongs. As a separate story arc.
post #884 of 899 Old 04-21-2015, 12:07 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelbelly View Post
Marafice: What's your take on Talos Principle? What game does it play & feel like? The screenshots & trailers are beautiful! I almost bit on the last sale. But decided to dig into my library a bit more instead. But it is at the top of my Wish List if a few opinions I know and trust give it thumbs up. I see you on Planetside 2 all of the time. You're into that one like I am on KOA-Reckoning. Even though I've finished the game and LODK DLC...I'm still hooked on it. And can't quite let it go. I'm currently finishing up side quests on it and starting Teeth of Naros campaign. Once I'm through Naros...that's it for KOA though. I absolutely loved that game. And Bioware should pick up the story...finish Copernicus (sequel that was 75% done). And plug it into the Mass Effect universe where it belongs. As a separate story arc.
I'm not super far into Talos Principle yet, but it's fun. It's definitely a puzzle game, figuring out how to progress through each area is fun. It runs fantastically, and looks gorgeous. It was made by CroTeam (Serious Sam 3) so running around in first person is nice and fast paced rather than slow and plodding. I got it for half off on a sale and I'd say it was totally worth it.

It feels like an old school fast paced shooter(minus the guns), combined with Portal (not in a way that's overbearing imo) and a really good philosophical backstory to it.

Also I'll be starting Killing Floor 2 today with Scott, we've been waiting for that one for months now.

Marafice Eye <--- All gamertags listed there - Twitch TV Channel YouTube Channel
__________________________________________________ _
Plan9Reloaded Co-host
Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast
post #885 of 899 Old 04-22-2015, 05:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marafice Eye View Post
I'm not super far into Talos Principle yet, but it's fun. It's definitely a puzzle game, figuring out how to progress through each area is fun. It runs fantastically, and looks gorgeous. It was made by CroTeam (Serious Sam 3) so running around in first person is nice and fast paced rather than slow and plodding. I got it for half off on a sale and I'd say it was totally worth it.

It feels like an old school fast paced shooter(minus the guns), combined with Portal (not in a way that's overbearing imo) and a really good philosophical backstory to it.

Also I'll be starting Killing Floor 2 today with Scott, we've been waiting for that one for months now.

Wow I just watched a bunch of development vids on Killing Floor 2 and it looks bad ass! I did enjoy the first one, but this one looks like it's gonna be impressive. Currently, I see it is the second top seller, 2nd to GTA V and that says something.
post #886 of 899 Old 04-22-2015, 08:46 AM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1896 Post(s)
Liked: 1639
Killing Floor 2 was awesome.... and it's only barely a day old in Early Access even.

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

post #887 of 899 Old 05-12-2015, 12:56 PM

Liked: 14
I just received my Oculus DK2 and I'm completely in love with Elite: Dangerous. Despite the screen door effect it feels like you're really flying a spaceship. Absolutely jaw dropping. The controls that are modeled in the game are based on the HOTAS system that I have (Saitek X52) so when I hit a button on the joystick my avatar actually reaches over and hits that button. I get giddy just thinking about it!
post #888 of 899 Old 05-12-2015, 09:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basalt77 View Post
I just received my Oculus DK2 and I'm completely in love with Elite: Dangerous. Despite the screen door effect it feels like you're really flying a spaceship. Absolutely jaw dropping. The controls that are modeled in the game are based on the HOTAS system that I have (Saitek X52) so when I hit a button on the joystick my avatar actually reaches over and hits that button. I get giddy just thinking about it!
Yea, I would love to try out Oculus with this game. I also have the Saitek X52. Still need to sit down and pair it up correctly with the voice pack

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #889 of 899 Old 05-14-2015, 10:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quick, someone buy a new GPU and sell me your game bundle for cheap!

post #890 of 899 Old 05-14-2015, 05:08 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Sorry bd2003 , just used both keys a couple of days ago

love this 970 ssc , no coil whine , and quiet even running som on ultra ...
post #891 of 899 Old 05-15-2015, 12:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Just jumped in and bought a Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 that was on sale. This thing is beastly! Fortunately I have a cavernous full size tower and there's still a ton of room for it. Got Project Cars up and running and am using my G27. This game is so much easier to play using a wheel I must say. Driving in the rain is still balls, though. I really don't think cars act this way in the rain (read: frickin' impossible to handle), but what do I know?

I also can't wait to get some free time to get into GTA V with the settings all maxed out.
post #892 of 899 Old 05-15-2015, 09:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastermaster View Post
Just jumped in and bought a Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 that was on sale. This thing is beastly! Fortunately I have a cavernous full size tower and there's still a ton of room for it. Got Project Cars up and running and am using my G27. This game is so much easier to play using a wheel I must say. Driving in the rain is still balls, though. I really don't think cars act this way in the rain (read: frickin' impossible to handle), but what do I know?

I also can't wait to get some free time to get into GTA V with the settings all maxed out.
If you don't want to play the witcher 3 I know someone who wants to buy your key.

post #893 of 899 Old 05-15-2015, 07:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
If you don't want to play the witcher 3 I know someone who wants to buy your key.
I'm gonna be all over that one as well as the new Batman game, so no sell for me. They both look awesome.
post #894 of 899 Old 05-16-2015, 03:29 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post
27% off right now at GMG.

You should already own the first 2 and be able to get the discount through GOG.com too!

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #895 of 899 Old 05-16-2015, 04:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I picked up Axiom Verge this week, just released on PC after a short exclusive period on the PS4. Pretty much a perfume-scented love letter to Metroid, and written on fine parchment at that, at least so far. I am about 5 hours in.

Steam: TeflonSoul
post #896 of 899 Old 05-24-2015, 05:49 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
League of legends, never get tired of this game and it's free!! (although I've spent more money in useless skins that I've spent in any game other than WoW)
post #897 of 899 Old 05-24-2015, 04:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 213
I have a spare witcher 3 code if someone wants it. $25 US?

pm me.
post #898 of 899 Old 05-25-2015, 10:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfmp3 View Post
I have a spare witcher 3 code if someone wants it. $25 US?

pm me.

I'm holding out for the supposed 980 Ti reveal this week, but if that's a no show by friday Ill probably take you up on that.

post #899 of 899 Unread Today, 06:10 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Flipping between some arcade style games (Pac-Man CE, Sine Mora etc) and racing sims at the moment (Assetto Corsa, R3E, Game Stock Car etc). Trying not to by too many new games as I have a bucket load practically untouched ... like many here I'm sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HTPC Gaming

Tags
Black Mesa , Batman Arkham Origins , Grand Theft Auto V , Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Collectors Edition

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page