PC GAMES thread - whatcha playin'? [NO SPOILERS UNLESS TAGGED] - Page 31 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-01-2015, 06:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Trying to finish Arkham Origins before Arkham Knight comes out. The game is a lot of fun and looks pretty nice too on the PC. The videos I've seen of Arkham Knight look even more impressive so I'm really anticipating that one!

Also playing Witcher 3 and GTA V. Hoping to pick up Far Cry 4 on cheap during the upcoming summer sale.

PSN/XBOX Live: Destro75
BattleNet Tag: BaronessMD#1680
Steam: vpnath
Gaming PC: i7 3770K OC 4.2Ghz, 16GB RAM, MSI 4G GTX 970
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2015, 12:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 279
2K Tease New Game and ADVENT Weeks Before E3

I like a lot of about what I read about this one. Can't wait until it releases. I hope it's not just a tease.

http://www.twinfinite.net/2015/05/26...eks-before-e3/
Old 06-01-2015, 05:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 217
My Witcher 3 code is sold. I do have another Batman code. $25 US
Old 06-26-2015, 01:32 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 6
I purchased some steam games during the summer sale so I will be playing the following for awhile:

Wolf Among Us
Dust
Life is Strange
Resident Evil Remake
Limbo

Life is Strange is probably my favorite game recently. I was originally turned off by the high school teenage emo setting, but heard amazing things about it so I picked it up during the sale. I am glad I did. I have a HTPC setup and playing this game on a big screen is amazing. The environments are incredibly detailed and really immerse you into the game. Sometimes the characters models look a bit dumb though.
Old 06-27-2015, 05:52 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Medieval II Total War

AWESOME
Old 06-27-2015, 11:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 756 Post(s)
Liked: 1604
My system randomly **** the bed so I've been playing the "buy replacement parts one at a time and hope it fixes it" game for the past few days. I'm down $700 for a new PSU, MB and CPU, but I should be able to RMA everything and resell it to recoup everything. The good news is my new 5820K is WAY better than my old one, I can do 4.6ghz stable with avx loads at 1.3v vs barely being able to manage 4.3ghz on the last one at 1.35v.

Other than that I've got a whole pile of steam sale games to go through, right now I'm playing serious sam 2. Bought it as a joke but I cant stop playing it.

Still waiting on that Asus 980 Ti so I'm also playing the "check newegg every few hours and hope you catch it before it goes out of stock for weeks" game too.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
Old 06-29-2015, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked: 278
@bd2003 what the hell happened to the old system? So far my system has been rock solid stable at the 4.5Ghz OC.
I loaded up Arkham Knights to see how bad it was. Played it with my R9 280X at 1080P. Game looks gorgeous and yes it is very unplayable. Total pauses and sound cut outs.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
Old 06-29-2015, 11:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post
@bd2003 what the hell happened to the old system? So far my system has been rock solid stable at the 4.5Ghz OC.
I loaded up Arkham Knights to see how bad it was. Played it with my R9 280X at 1080P. Game looks gorgeous and yes it is very unplayable. Total pauses and sound cut outs.

Must have been a power surge or something. It just shut off in the middle of a game. I couldn't even get the fans to spin while the 8 pin CPU cable was connected, so the mosfets must have blown, taking the CPU with it. It would have taken forever if I RMAed one part at a time so I just had to go out and buy everything up front. Up until the moment it blew everything was fine...super annoying situation.

Old 06-29-2015, 04:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post
Must have been a power surge or something. It just shut off in the middle of a game. I couldn't even get the fans to spin while the 8 pin CPU cable was connected, so the mosfets must have blown, taking the CPU with it. It would have taken forever if I RMAed one part at a time so I just had to go out and buy everything up front. Up until the moment it blew everything was fine...super annoying situation.
I'm under the impression that sustained high overclocks on a number of these X99 boards is riskier than on any other platform in recent memory. As such, I've been taking it easy on my 5820K in fear that a VRM is going to pop and set my system ablaze.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmith83 View Post
I'm under the impression that sustained high overclocks on a number of these X99 boards is riskier than on any other platform in recent memory. As such, I've been taking it easy on my 5820K in fear that a VRM is going to pop and set my system ablaze.
Ya who knows what it was. I bought the sabertooth X99 board that's supposed to be extra tough, I guess we'll see how long it lasts. I really should get a UPS though.

Old 07-02-2015, 12:26 PM

Liked: 3
Parked Arkham Knights after playing if for about 5 minutes; I'll wait for a patch to land before I pick it up again. In the meantime, I'm playing

Grey Goo
Pix The Cat
Shadow of Mordor
Sniper Elite III
Toybox Turbos

Last edited by ThereIs0nly0ne; 07-02-2015 at 12:30 PM.
Old 07-02-2015, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 23
I have been playing Arkham Knight with the 30 fps lock the gameplay has been fairly smooth for me with the nVidia smoke/paper debris settings disabled. With the lower fps setting, I've been able to take advantage of DSR to improve the image quality and anti-aliasing. The lighting and rain effects are gorgeous though the texture quality disappoints in certain areas. I find the game to be playable in its current state but I think I'll try and hold off to see if a performance patch is forthcoming.

Witcher 3 is still keeping me pretty busy fortunately

PSN/XBOX Live: Destro75
BattleNet Tag: BaronessMD#1680
Steam: vpnath
Gaming PC: i7 3770K OC 4.2Ghz, 16GB RAM, MSI 4G GTX 970
Old 07-02-2015, 07:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 502 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmith83 View Post
No, that was a Bios issue with the way they delivered power when they first came out. It's been fixed on all boards a month after release. My 5960x got smoked by my Asus WS-E. Since then, I've not read anyone having issues with VRM. Even at extremely high OC mine never goes over 80C (although I water cool mine now and they dont go over 35C)
You've got nothing to worry about.... unless your OC is like 1.35V 24/7. Then I'd be A bit wary.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

Old 07-04-2015, 03:53 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 249
Personally I've just been playing Marvel Heroes 2015 mostly. Can't get enough of the game. It's Diablo + Marvel + MMO elements like raids etc. It's even made by David Brevik, the main dev from Diablo 1 and 2.

Aside from that, I take breaks and play LEGO Jurassic World. Also a fantastic game. It's got all 4 movies in it and like all the LEGO games before it, is quite fun to play.

Marafice Eye <--- All gamertags listed there - Twitch TV Channel YouTube Channel
__________________________________________________ _
Plan9Reloaded Co-host
Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast
https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link
http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website
Old 07-04-2015, 04:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Minecraft for Windows 10 beta arrives on July 29th

Windows 10 screenshot with Minecraft info
Arutha_conDoin likes this.
Old 07-10-2015, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 539
Been stuck on Arkham Knight after my new build. Playing at 4k all settings averaging 50fps. Only had a few crashes and now trying to finish all the side missions.

The 5.0 is here
Old 07-11-2015, 12:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jogiba View Post
I don't dare put it on my PC. I'll never get the kids off of it!
barrelbelly and stevew24963 like this.

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
Old 07-11-2015, 07:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 252
The Windows 10 version is just going to be a slightly expanded version of the 'Pocket' edition I believe. Not really my type of game, so I'm not sure what kind of difference that actually makes, but still, you might need to keep Java installed just yet.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
Old 07-13-2015, 08:59 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I don't know why but I've been sucked into H1Z1 for the past 2 weeks. Joined up with a few cool guys and have been working on a base. Our neighbors are from Brazil and they are very aggressive about defending their base. Between trying to take them out we've been learning a bit of Portuguese in an effort to improve international relations.

I also picked up Witcher 3 and played a bit. It's fun but I'll probably wait to dive in deep this fall when the true gaming season kicks in.

Funny enough my PS4 sat unused until this past weekend when I turned it on to play some Monopoly with the wife.

PSN ID: Budracin8808
XBOX Live Gamertag: budracin88
Steam ID: Budracin88
Old 07-16-2015, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 279
Playing Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed on "Easy" setting @1080p/60 with my 3 year old Grandson...and having the time of my life. I control the direction on half of the Xbox 360 controller. While little Russell controls the selections, acceleration, speed and attack buttons on the other side. Pure joy! It's amazing how fast these young kids adapt to decision making with this technology today. Just watching him cheer, high 5, and fist bump me after winning or racking up achievements has been "nectar" to my being.
Old 07-16-2015, 05:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 774 Post(s)
Liked: 783
Alien:Isolation on sale @ Steam for $12.49 until 7/20.Ive missed this on sale in the past and just got it.
Arutha_conDoin likes this.
Old 07-18-2015, 03:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelbelly View Post
Playing Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed on "Easy" setting @1080p/60 with my 3 year old Grandson...and having the time of my life. I control the direction on half of the Xbox 360 controller. While little Russell controls the selections, acceleration, speed and attack buttons on the other side. Pure joy! It's amazing how fast these young kids adapt to decision making with this technology today. Just watching him cheer, high 5, and fist bump me after winning or racking up achievements has been "nectar" to my being.
I actually play that from time to time with my friends. It's a great kart racing game for all ages.

Unfortunately, I also decided to be the one to try to play through the career to unlock all the maps. I say "unfortunately" because some races become unbelievably difficult when you up the difficulty to Hard or Expert.
barrelbelly likes this.
Old 07-18-2015, 03:08 PM

Liked: 3
7 days to die!
Old Yesterday, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Picked up Elder Scrolls Online from GMG for $14.99. So far so good with that game. Only at level 5, but happy with the graphics and mechanics of it so far. Now to find a few friends and get in a group and start exploring. Solo mode has been pretty easy so far.

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
Old Yesterday, 11:48 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Metal gear code for $30 if anyone wants.

Old Today, 01:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post
Picked up Elder Scrolls Online from GMG for $14.99. So far so good with that game. Only at level 5, but happy with the graphics and mechanics of it so far. Now to find a few friends and get in a group and start exploring. Solo mode has been pretty easy so far.
Same here. Grabbed it for $12 (looks like you missed the 20% code :P).

Pretty good so far. Not a Skyrim level experience but so far the story and quests are somewhat imaginative. I am able to just let myself get swept away into it as a single player game (with some random other people running around with me).

PSN / Steam - KrimsonStudios

Tags
Black Mesa , Batman Arkham Origins , Grand Theft Auto V , Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Collectors Edition